PDA

View Full Version : Dreads and High Hopes

mjp
26-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Dreads and high hopes
Rohan Connolly
November 26, 2011
Hair raising: Luke Dahlhaus strides out at training this week: ''Hard work does pay off,'' he says.

THERE are plenty of talented young footballers today still nursing bruised egos and crushed dreams after being overlooked at Thursday night's national draft. Luke Dahlhaus knows the score. This time a year ago, he was one of them.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dreads-and-high-hopes-20111125-1nz8d.html#ixzz1ekxkok5V

Mitcha
26-11-2011, 10:28 AM
A good read and a good lesson, work on deficiencies and never give up.

The Coon Dog
26-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Mike, just on this issue, are or do clubs provide guidance/assistance for young teenage boys who are overlooked in the draft & struggle to cope as a result?

mjp
26-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Mike, just on this issue, are or do clubs provide guidance/assistance for young teenage boys who are overlooked in the draft & struggle to cope as a result?

They try...

strebla
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM

It really must be difficult I can't recall his name but the young bloke from Geelong years ago I think has really opened up the eyes of the AFL and I would hope they have programs in place for the kids who do miss out.

w3design
01-12-2011, 12:28 PM
It really must be difficult I can't recall his name but the young bloke from Geelong years ago I think has really opened up the eyes of the AFL and I would hope they have programs in place for the kids who do miss out.

Ezra Bray.

Went into what was called the "party house" at Geelong with players who pretty much assisted him in his downward spiral.

strebla
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Ezra Bray.

Went into what was called the "party house" at Geelong with a players who pretty much assisted him in his downward spiral.

Yeah thats him Anthony what a sad tale hopefully it opened the eyes and minds so some good could come out of it.From what I understand Geelong still try to help him where they can though.

w3design
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah thats him Anthony what a sad tale hopefully it opened the eyes and minds so some good could come out of it.From what I understand Geelong still try to help him where they can though.

Nah he died recently, Geelong washed their hands of him. Was the wake up call for their club from memory.

strebla
01-12-2011, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Anthony;252221]Nah he died recently, Geelong washed their hands of him. Was the wake up call for their club from memory.[/

I didn't hear about that he couldn't have been 35 could he I thought i heard Cook say a couple of years ago that they were still in regulat contact with his auntie??

LostDoggy
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1435

strebla
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1435

Thanks M.R.M I have been trying to find more i remember reading that here a couple of years ago can't find anything on him losing his life either and am hoping it is not right.