PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sheahan retiring

jazzadogs
29-11-2011, 12:13 AM
But...now how will I know who the top 50 players are?

Seriously though, congratulations to Mike on a wonderful career. Clearly very well respected.

ledge
29-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Im pretty happy about it actually drove me nuts his head wobble and the questions he would throw defensively as if to ask is this ok to ask?

Long time in the industry and TV media and the AFL liked him so good luck to him in the future.

Remi Moses
29-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Good luck Mike.
Take the pink shirt with ya on the way out

bornadog
29-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't mind him, good luck Mike

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Im pretty happy about it actually drove me nuts his head wobble and the questions he would throw defensively as if to ask is this ok to ask?

Long time in the industry and TV media and the AFL liked him so good luck to him in the future.

Mike is currently one of five selectors for the WB Hall of Fame. In his younger days carried the football gear for his good friend, Bernie Lee, the full back in our 1961 Grand Final team, so it is fair to say there is some attachment both past and present with our club.

Swoop
29-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Apparently he will still be doing the Top 50

always right
29-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Always liked Mike.....just a great lover of footy who expressed an opinion but wasn't afraid to concede if challenged with a strong counter argument...very rare amongst journo's. Wasn't an abulance chaser or a conspiracy theorist like some other journo's.;)

ledge
29-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Mike is currently one of five selectors for the WB Hall of Fame. In his younger days carried the football gear for his good friend, Bernie Lee, the full back in our 1961 Grand Final team, so it is fair to say there is some attachment both past and present with our club.

Played for Werribee to I believe but I fail to see what any of thats got to do with my post;)

ledge
29-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Always liked Mike.....just a great lover of footy who expressed an opinion but wasn't afraid to concede if challenged with a strong counter argument...very rare amongst journo's. Wasn't an abulance chaser or a conspiracy theorist like some other journo's.;)

Tend to agree there, he did do research on any rumours, didnt just ride with them.

jazzadogs
29-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Turns out he's not actually retiring as a journalist, just retiring as Chief Football Writer.

Will be interesting to see who they promote to the role. As long as it's not Mark Robinson I don't mind.

ledge
29-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Damn still got to put up with wobble head on TV

The Bulldogs Bite
29-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Will be interesting to see who they promote to the role. As long as it's not Mark Robinson I don't mind.

I can see why people dislike him -- he's not the most likeable guy -- but I actually don't mind him. Calls it pretty straight a lot of the time.

Dazza
30-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Don't mind Mike. One of the few journalists without an obvious bias.

chef
30-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I can see why people dislike him -- he's not the most likeable guy -- but I actually don't mind him. Calls it pretty straight a lot of the time.

I prefer him over Mike.

Jasper
30-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Apparently he will still be doing the Top 50

Did hear this discussed on 3AW the other morning, and I assumed someone else would be picking up the reins.
I may have misunderstood

Ozza
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Mike Sheehan was on SEN one night being interviewed about his association in the game, and stories over his time. Went for at least an hour - and was absolutely fascinating - not sure if anyone else heard it.

Seems a good bloke. Was generally a good journo.

LostDoggy
02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Mike Sheehan was on SEN one night being interviewed about his association in the game, and stories over his time. Went for at least an hour - and was absolutely fascinating - not sure if anyone else heard it.

Seems a good bloke. Was generally a good journo.

Mike is a top bloke who has a passion for the game.

He is highly respected by his peers and within football circles.