Desipura
30-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Just mentioned on SEN, personal matter.

The Coon Dog
30-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow!!!!!!!! Wtf?

OLD SCRAGGer
30-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Just heard that he has lost the passion for football..

Greystache
30-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Schofield returns home

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/2011%20Player%20Profiles/SCHOFIELD%20Jayden%20246A.jpg

The Western Bulldogs announced today that they have made the decision to delist Jayden Schofield.

Jayden has been facing some personal matters recently with the full support of the Club.

Given the nature of these matters the Club has determined that it is in Jayden's and the Club's best interest for him to return permanently to his home state of Western Australia.

Jayden's welfare remains the Club's first priority.

The Western Bulldogs have been working closely on this matter with the AFL and the AFLPA.

The Club has sought access to the pre-season draft to ensure we have a full list for season 2012.

Jayden was pick number 74 (4th round) in the 2010 AFL National Draft - debuting last season. Jayden played seven games in total for the Bulldogs

ARTICLE (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/126708/default.aspx)

The Coon Dog
30-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Just WOW!

The Underdog
30-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Crap, I hope the kid's ok.

Remi Moses
So What happens now?
Pre- season draft pick?

LostDoggy
Schofield returns home

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/2011%20Player%20Profiles/SCHOFIELD%20Jayden%20246A.jpg

The Western Bulldogs announced today that they have made the decision to delist Jayden Schofield.

Jayden has been facing some personal matters recently with the full support of the Club.

Given the nature of these matters the Club has determined that it is in Jayden's and the Club's best interest for him to return permanently to his home state of Western Australia.

Jayden's welfare remains the Club's first priority.

The Western Bulldogs have been working closely on this matter with the AFL and the AFLPA.

The Club has sought access to the pre-season draft to ensure we have a full list for season 2012.

Jayden was pick number 74 (4th round) in the 2010 AFL National Draft - debuting last season. Jayden played seven games in total for the Bulldogs

ARTICLE (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/126708/default.aspx)

Just read this on the club website. They're not giving much away on this one...

The Underdog
30-11-2011, 03:56 PM
So What happens now?
Pre- season draft pick?

Sounds like it

Remi Moses
30-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Just mentioned on SEN, personal matter.

Someone tell Harford Jarryd Schofield retired a few years ago!!:rolleyes:

The Underdog

It's probably none of our business

Remi Moses
Sounds like it

Dare I say it, Lovett???

The Underdog
30-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Dare I say it, Lovett???

That's taking 1+1 and coming up with pure speculation

Desipura
30-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Lets not make accusations where there is nothing mentioned. What I will say is that, it is a serious matter (whatever it may be) given we have delisted him.

Greystache
Dare I say it, Lovett???

Let's not start speculating.

stefoid
Hands up who saw that one coming?

The Doctor
30-11-2011, 04:02 PM
disturbing news. I hope the young fella is ok and best wishes to him. Hope he can make it back to footy one day.

Murphy'sLore
30-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Jeez, that came out of left field. Hope he is all right, whatever the issue is.

The Coon Dog
30-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I think Remi was suggesting we look at using our PSD pick on Lovett.

BulldogBelle
30-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Hope he is OK

Shame that he is now lost to the club if he ever regains the passion to play football - unless we rookie listed him in the future or redrafted him

I remember hearing we was a Bulldogs supporter as a youngster also

DragzLS1
30-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Hands up who saw that one coming?

I totally seen that 1 coming... In about 12 years time.. :s hope hes ok

LostDoggy
30-11-2011, 04:05 PM
It's probably none of our business

I didn't say it was our business but usually a reason is given i.e. homesickness or family illness etc.

The Underdog
30-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I think Remi was suggesting we look at using our PSD pick on Lovett.

Sometimes brevity isn't the best way of getting a point across. Not sure where the new coach would stand on Lovett but can't imagine he'd be too keen.

ledge
30-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Pity, the kid had potential.
Already had a following too..
Hope he is okay

The Underdog
I didn't say it was our business but usually a reason is given i.e. homesickness or family illness etc.

Didn't mean to have a go, it would seem they're staying quiet for a reason which would seem to be in the kid's best interests.

jazzadogs
Certainly a shock. Whatever the issue is, you just need to hope that Jayden, his family and friends are all okay.

Happy Days
30-11-2011, 04:09 PM
This must've been an ongoing thing behind closed doors; seems strange to just delist someone out of the blue rather than try to talk it out with them.

Hope there's nothing too sinister here, and that Jayden's okay.

divvydan
30-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Just shocked, never saw this coming. Like everyone else here, just hope Jayden and all those in his life are okay.

Remi Moses
Let's not start speculating.

Wouldn't think so

Greystache
This must've been an ongoing thing behind closed doors; seems strange to just delist someone out of the blue rather than try to talk it out with them.

Hope there's nothing too sinister here, and that Jayden's okay.

He hadn't been back at training this preseason, and I knew he'd been given extended leave, so it's been going on for a least a few weeks, but this announcement has certainly been a shock.

Greystache
30-11-2011, 04:12 PM
He's already been deleted off the club's website :eek:

ledge
30-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Hopefully just a case of homesick and a lost desire.

ledge
30-11-2011, 04:19 PM
How do the AFL determine what pick a club gets when something like this happens?

The Coon Dog
30-11-2011, 04:19 PM
How do the AFL determine what pick a club gets when something like this happens?

Ladder order, usual draft procedure.

EasternWest
30-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh that sucks. I liked that kid a lot. Hope he's ok, and hasn't got himself into any trouble. All the best young fella.

dogman
30-11-2011, 04:32 PM
My understanding of the matter is that he doesn't have the passion to be a full time AFL player and was really homesick. Maple flew up to Westen Australia about 2 weeks ago to try to convince him to come back but had no luck.

BulldogBelle
30-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Like everyone else here, just hope Jayden and all those in his life are okay.

Same, I wish him the best. Sad to see him go hopefully whatever ails him rights intself with the love and support of his family around him.

Ghost Dog
30-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Something that serious can only really involve a handful of things, and none of them are pleasant.
Such a pity as I loved the kid. Wish you all the best J.S.

always right
30-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I know his wellbeing is the most important thing here but........crap, we lose another promising youg bloke. We've lost some talent in the off season haven't we?

Sedat
30-11-2011, 05:05 PM
My understanding of the matter is that he doesn't have the passion to be a full time AFL player and was really homesick. Maple flew up to Westen Australia about 2 weeks ago to try to convince him to come back but had no luck.
If that is the case, very glad that it isn't a serious issue. But then why did we delist him so suddenly, when we could have easily kept him on the list and helped him sort through his personal issues? If they were to remain unresolved, then we could have orchestrated a trade to one of the Perth clubs or delisted him prior to next year's ND. And when we interviewed him last year prior to the ND, did we do all of our due diligence in relation to potential homesickness factors?

Really disappointing news.

Maddog37
30-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Seems very strange to me that we delisted and effectively closed the book on him.

How can turning your back on someone be the best way to support them???

BulldogBelle
30-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Sounds like there must be a little more to this than just lost the passion, otherwise we would have handled it differently I imagine?

Murphy'sLore
30-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Seems very strange to me that we delisted and effectively closed the book on him.

How can turning your back on someone be the best way to support them???

Hypothetically, if there's depression involved, about all we could do to support him is to let him go home. Again, pure speculation.

Prince Imperial
30-11-2011, 05:33 PM
The decision to retain Addison makes more sense with this news.

Maddog37
30-11-2011, 05:36 PM
We could let him go home and keep him on the longterm injury list. Elevate a rookie.

I loved this kids attitude and it really is a shame but it is just so sudden that it spikes my interest.

Either way I hope he is ok.

ledge
30-11-2011, 05:39 PM
If that is the case, very glad that it isn't a serious issue. But then why did we delist him so suddenly, when we could have easily kept him on the list and helped him sort through his personal issues? If they were to remain unresolved, then we could have orchestrated a trade to one of the Perth clubs or delisted him prior to next year's ND. And when we interviewed him last year prior to the ND, did we do all of our due diligence in relation to potential homesickness factors?

Really disappointing news.

As pointed out the club, AFLPA and AFL were involved. this wasnt sudden, whatever it is I believe all 3 did what they could to solve whatever the problem was.
If he is homesick and didnt feel up to fulltime football you cant force someone to do what they dont want.
How do you trade someone who doesnt want to play at all at that level?

Sedat
30-11-2011, 05:42 PM
How do you trade someone who doesnt want to play at all at that level?
I also suggested we could have delisted him next year prior to the ND - better having an extra pick in next year's ND than in this year's PSD.

Are we now 2 short on the main or just the 1?

ledge
30-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I also suggested we could have delisted him next year prior to the ND - better having an extra pick in next year's ND than in this year's PSD.

So we play a whole season one player short?

LostDoggy
30-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Massive shame :(

Sedat
30-11-2011, 06:23 PM
If one of the rookies does a Dahlhaus and burns early in the season, we wouldn't have to wait for a long-term injury to elevate them. Dahl only got his chance last season because of a LTI to Tom Hill a couple of days prior to Dahl's first match against the Saints.

LostDoggy
30-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Instead of adding a recycled in the psd of questionable quality.
We could have traded for a draft pick in next years so called super draft.
We have started many seasons with players out for the year.

Fair enough if he never plays afl again but I somehow don't believe it.

chef
30-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Bugger. Thought the kid looked a natural.

chef
30-11-2011, 06:30 PM

Just the one.

bulldogtragic
30-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Fair enough if he never plays afl again but I somehow don't believe it.

2nd the motion

jazzadogs
30-11-2011, 06:42 PM
It seems to me that the club has done everything in it's power to convince Jayden to remain on the list, even enlisting the help of the AFL and AFLPA, and it wasn't enough.

Without knowing the circumstances, I don't think we should be criticising the club for the way they've handled it. It was obviously a tough decision deliberately left until the last possible moment in case of a change of heart, as today was the final list lodgement.

Question: does his delisting mean that he was only on a one-year contract? If that's the case, perhaps he refused to sign a new contract.

Or (because I presume he was on the minimum 2 year draftee contract) will we pay out the second year? Could a deal have been reached that we don't pay, considering the circumstances (whatever they are?)

ledge
30-11-2011, 06:42 PM
1 wonder with the AFL involved his wage for next year still comes in our salary cap.

GVGjr
30-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Nor should they

GVGjr
30-11-2011, 06:46 PM
1 wonder with the AFL involved his wage for next year still comes in our salary cap.

I think there is vastly more things to be concerned about with his departure than the potential impact to the salary cap
Lets make sure he is OK first.

GVGjr
30-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Guys, speculation might not be a good thing in this instance. Lets just keep the conversations to what we know.

The Pie Man
30-11-2011, 07:05 PM
All the preseason talk of contested footy and being competitive from B Mc you imagine would have suited him.

Massive shame, hope he's ok

Cyberdoggie
30-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Hopefully just a case of homesick and a lost desire.

If that were the case then i would of thought the club would of given him an extended time off. ie come back mid season or something.

I fear that to delist him straight out in the manner must be something quite serious.

G-Mo77
30-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Really crappy news! I hope he's OK and I guess it's selfish of me to be gutted about losing a really good young player. I was looking forward to seeing him grow as a player.

AndrewP6
30-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow. As others have said, I didn't see this one coming. Hope the guy is ok.

azabob
30-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I am in total shock. He looked like a real good prospect.

I was hoping the thread was an old thread from the past, but alas.

Good luck Jayden.

anfo27
30-11-2011, 07:57 PM
gutted with this news. He would have been one of maccas favourites the way Jayden goes about it, a real shame. I hope its something as simple as homesickness because it smells a bit fishy.

w3design
30-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I spoke to someone who knows him personally and now can't say I have any sympathy. If you're not willing to give 100%, then you don't belong in the AFL.

EasternWest
30-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Guys, speculation might not be a good thing in this instance. Lets just keep the conversations to what we know.

Why? We don't know what's going on and speculation is all we've got. Nobody that I've read so far is hanging the kid, they're just curious to know. And saddened and sympathetic going by the tone.

If there were slanderous statements or outrageous claims, then I'd totally accept your above statement. But there isn't, and I respectfully think you're over policing this thread.

Mofra
30-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I spoke to someone who knows him personally and now can't say I have any sympathy. If you're not willing to give 100%, then you don't belong in the AFL.
You have futher news to add?

w3design
30-11-2011, 08:33 PM
You have futher news to add?

What I've been told is that he was told to get a bit bigger and to do extra work on his fitness, which he didn't want to do. Mail is that he, while coming across on the field as someone extremely outgoing and confident, tends to bluff a bit and really isn't made up of the right stuff. Always wanted to be a footballer but on his own terms.

I'll relay more as it comes to hand.

Desipura
30-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Fantasia is reported as saying Schofield may still nominate for the pre season draft, if that's the case how personal can this issue be?

choconmientay
30-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Didn't see this coming at all. Quite a fan of his. He is quite calm under pressure and have a lot to offer in the next few years.

Have found this article (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/gascoyne/a/-/sport/10641032/dogs-to-bite-back-in-2012-schofield/) from not long ago (October 21, 2011) and he was talking about "wearing the red, white and blue in round one" in the second season. Hope he's alright. Good luck for the future.

Found another article (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/gascoyne/a/-/sport/12198516/schofield-leaves-bulldogs/) citing homesick as reason for leaving the dogs.

ledge
30-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Young kids its a dream to play AFL but then the reality of proffessional sets in and then you find out whether you want it, he didnt.

Hotdog60
30-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Fantasia is reported as saying Schofield may still nominate for the pre season draft, if that's the case how personal can this issue be?

If he has problems with what ever it maybe, would another club take him.

Unless he is swooped on by a WA club. Then things get suss.

LostDoggy
30-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Didn't mean to have a go, it would seem they're staying quiet for a reason which would seem to be in the kid's best interests.

All good mate! Yeah totally agree with you. Whatever has happened needs to be dealt with without scrutiny from media etc. Hope he can get back on track, as I felt he had/has a future in the game.

bulldogtragic
30-11-2011, 09:33 PM
that would burn if in the PSD/rookie someone got him for free

The Underdog
30-11-2011, 09:36 PM
All good mate! Yeah totally agree with you. Whatever has happened needs to be dealt with without scrutiny from media etc. Hope he can get back on track, as I felt he had/has a future in the game.

Fortunately it appears as though it's not a serious issue both for the club and for Jayden. Unfortunately if Gus' info is right it appears as though we've lost a talented kid for nothing much more than the fact that he can't be arsed.

LostDoggy
30-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Lets just hope it is homesickness. Better not end up with Freo or West Coast

bulldogtragic
30-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Lets just hope it is homesickness. Better not end up with Freo or West Coast
Don't hold your breath.

w3design
30-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear that news. I thought the kid had a dip .

bornadog
30-11-2011, 10:46 PM
What I've been told is that he was told to get a bit bigger and to do extra work on his fitness, which he didn't want to do. Mail is that he, while coming across on the field as someone extremely outgoing and confident, tends to bluff a bit and really isn't made up of the right stuff. Always wanted to be a footballer but on his own terms.

I'll relay more as it comes to hand.

Maybe the new coach is too demanding and he couldn't cope.

boydogs
30-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Maybe the new coach is too demanding and he couldn't cope.

Don't think he even met him:

He hadn't been back at training this preseason, and I knew he'd been given extended leave, so it's been going on for a least a few weeks, but this announcement has certainly been a shock.

BulldogBelle
30-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Don't hold your breath.

Didn't we recontract Schofield until 2013?

So by terminating his contract we pay out the $$$s to him

He wouldn't have been on big bucks but its still an amount thats now wasted

His welfare is first priority, its just a bitter pill to swallow given our ongoing financial challenges

Greystache
30-11-2011, 11:43 PM

His welfare is first priority, its just a bitter pill to swallow given our ongoing financial challenges

If he's quit the club his contract is being terminated at his request. We wouldn't be paying him a cent.

SlimPickens
30-11-2011, 11:43 PM

Was thinking that myself. Not sure what has changed since he signed back in September but geez it's a waste of money.

Incredibly disappointed Jayden has left.. Thought he was going to be a very good player for a number of years.

Go_Dogs
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Incredibly disappointed Jayden has left.. Thought he was going to be a very good player for a number of years.

Agreed, it's very disappointing.

Does this bring in to question how well we are managing the player welfare aspects? Getting this right, especially in respect of the younger players, is so important. I know quite a few clubs lost players for 'homesickness' and other reasons this year alone, and there will be exceptional circumstances that arise from time to time, but its becoming increasing important to have strong structures in place.

the banker
01-12-2011, 09:07 AM
AFL is extremely demanding. Performance pressure topped with a severe attack of homesickness can find a young developing person not coping. I am sure the Club used all it's resources and those of the AFL and AFLPA to avoid this outcome. Very disappointing for us fans as we had taken a liking to him but we wish him well.

LostDoggy
01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
If homesickness and a non-desire to meet AFL training standards is the case then i'm glad we've come to a early mutual agreement. Better to cut the ties early than waste three or four seasons into him ala Josh Hill.

Chance now for someone in the PSD or Rookie draft to take his place.

BulldogBelle
01-12-2011, 09:58 AM
If homesickness and a non-desire to meet AFL training standards is the case then i'm glad we've come to a early mutual agreement. Better to cut the ties early than waste three or four seasons into him ala Josh Hill.

Chance now for someone in the PSD or Rookie draft to take his place.

Someone who fits McCartneys mould

Given Jaydens onfield displays, I would have thought that he would have fitted in nicely within Brendans plays

Onfield perhaps yes, although what what other posters are saying off-field no

Dazza
01-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Real shame. Thought he'd be a handy player.

w3design
01-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Someone who fits McCartneys mould

Given Jaydens onfield displays, I would have thought that he would have fitted in nicely within Brendans plays

Onfield perhaps yes, although what what other posters are saying off-field no

In someone that young, outwards confidence can sometimes be a shield to your own insecurities. Kinda makes sense now the stories of how he sledges other players, putting someone else down to feel better about yourself.

Hopefully he gets over what ever demons plague him and has another crack at a later date. Disappointing for us though, it would seem the club tried everything they could to get him to stay, only the pending PSD deadline forced their hand.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
There should be a ruling to prevent him from going to a WA club. That'd be pure and utter BS -- and I can see it happening.

bulldogtragic
01-12-2011, 05:30 PM
There should be a ruling to prevent him from going to a WA club. That'd be pure and utter BS -- and I can see it happening.
Me too. As for previous posts, if he's walked as indictated, then he's broken the contract and we don't pay.

w3design
01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm getting crucified for what I've said on Bigfooty, which is the same as what I've said here. Just letting you all know that what I've said is coming from an old classmate of Jayden's back in WA. It is not my words or opinion, it is relaying that of someone who knows him.

azabob
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm getting crucified for what I've said on Bigfooty, which is the same as what I've said here. Just letting you all know that what I've said is coming from an old classmate of Jayden's back in WA. It is not my words or opinion, it is relaying that of someone who knows him.

Don't worry about BF, just stick here. I don't think you didn't say anything out of line.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM

Overreaction much?

Thanks for pasing on the info.

chef
02-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks Gus. Might be time to stay here:).

LongWait
02-12-2011, 11:19 AM

Wear it as a badge of honour Gus!

bulldogsman
02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
:eek: I can't believe it. I had high hopes for Schofield.

GVGjr
02-12-2011, 09:04 PM
:eek: I can't believe it. I had high hopes for Schofield.

He's got the ability.

Maddog37
02-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Was there any sniff of this prior to his drafting?

GVGjr
02-12-2011, 09:55 PM

Of what? That he might want to go home?
I'd say that's a small chance with 50% of the interstate recruits. They all suffer from some form of being homesick.

chef
03-12-2011, 08:29 AM

It's hard to get home sick before you have left home.

Ghost Dog
03-12-2011, 10:11 AM
He looked fairly happy last season. So what are the changed factors?
If in fact, the real reasons are the new coach's expectations are too much for him, he would never admit it would he? Might tarnish his tough guy image. * Sure, it might really be the homesickness thing. But why now? Because the mouth guards are in and it's tough work out there. Anyway, this is my suspicion. Anyway, is actually a win for us. Need to weed out those who can't take the heat.

Desipura
03-12-2011, 10:41 AM
If in fact, the real reasons are the new coach's expectations are too much for him, he would never admit it would he? Might tarnish his tough guy image. * Sure, it might really be the homesickness thing. But why now? Because the mouth guards are in and it's tough work out there. Anyway, this is my suspicion. Anyway, is actually a win for us. Need to weed out those who can't take the heat.

I don't buy this homesickness story. Griffen suffered homesickness early on (a lot of players do), why is Schofields homesickness more severe?

Maddog37
03-12-2011, 10:51 AM
It's hard to get home sick before you have left home.

I meant was there any signs of lack of appetite for hard work but anyways.

azabob
03-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Ghost Dog, as people have said previously he didn't return after the Christmas break, likely he hasn't even met McCartney face to face.

w3design
03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't buy this homesickness story. Griffen suffered homesickness early on (a lot of players do), why is Schofields homesickness more severe?

Had Griffen gone home I'd have hated it but would have accepted it eventually, especially with his father dying.

I have zero apathy for Schofield at all, if what I've been told is on the money. He just comes out of it looking like a weak prick, especially if he nominates for the PSD.

GVGjr
03-12-2011, 11:40 AM
A player wanting to go home is understandable but to not even complete his contract is far from ideal.

bornadog
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Gold Coast have a similar problem with one of their young players who is only 19. He says he has lost the passion to play. I guess we just have to accept this. I have seen many young talented kids (in other sports), lose the passion when they get to 18/19 years old.

Even though I hate the fact that Schofield has decided to not continue his career, I have to also respect his decision. He may look back and regret it one day and he may even find the passion again, but good luck to whatever he chooses to do.

AndrewP6
03-12-2011, 03:49 PM
If he doesn't want to commit to being a footballer, that's one thing, but if he just goes back and joins one of the WA teams, Oothat's poor form IMO. You sign a contract, you make a commitment.

ledge
03-12-2011, 03:57 PM
If he doesn't want to commit to being a footballer, that's one thing, but if he just goes back and joins one of the WA teams, Oothat's poor form IMO. You sign a contract, you make a commitment.

And the chances of him getting to a WA club would be harder now than before I imagine, at least he could be traded, now he has to go into draft.

KT31
04-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I have no pitty for him we treat kids today with cotton glove's.
He needs to harden up and get a clue.
He has broken his contract and it should be mandatory he has to sit out next season at least.

Remi Moses
04-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Stuff him I say . We lose Ward and are told it's all part of the introduction of the new teams.
Sorry Why sign a new contract !

DOG GOD
04-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah its pretty poor and surely there is more to it than just homesickness. Maybe depression? girlfriend issues? who knows, but its best to weed him out now than say round 7.

Bulldog4life
04-12-2011, 10:48 AM
It is disappointing to lose Jayden but unless I know the real reason for his departure I'm not going to judge his character.

OLD SCRAGGer
04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
It is disappointing to lose Jayden but unless I know the real reason for his departure I'm not going to judge his character.

Well said. I won't make any judgements until we know the REAL reasons

Desipura
04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Jayden only just signed a new contract with us in August, this is more than homesickness I beiieve.

Remi Moses
04-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Jayden only just signed a new contract with us in August, this is more than homesickness I beiieve.

Has to be more than meets the eye, surely!!

Remi Moses
04-12-2011, 05:10 PM
He has broken his contract and it should be mandatory he has to sit out next season at least.

Cotton Gloves? Kid Cotton Gloves?
Agree with the sentiments KT

The Adelaide Connection
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM

I totally agree with the second part of what you have said, at least in an AFL sense (I think he should not be eligible for AFL but all other forms of competition should be allowed eg WAFL).

As for the first part (the whole harden up stuff) I have got to say that, seeing as the circumstances around his departure are completely unclear, I don't apologise in saying that this is the stupidest thing I have read in quite a while. Even Akermanis isn't usually that idiotic.

What would you say if the circumstances around what is happening is similar to what Ryan Griffen went through with his Dad? If Griff pulled the pin and decided to go home to be with his dying father would you tell him to harden up?

Seeing that he signed a new contract (meaning he was obviously pretty happy) and then has suddenly and abruptly wanted out I echo the sentiments of many that this is probably not just homesickness.

If it comes out in the wash that it was all very minor then by all means get stuck in, but I think whilst no-one knows anything it is totally inappropriate.

The Adelaide Connection
04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Well said. I won't make any judgements until we know the REAL reasons

+1

...and that is the way it should be treated by all IMO.