PDA

View Full Version : Snipers face tougher penalties under AFL tribunal changes

The Coon Dog
08-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Al Paton - Herald Sun - 8 December

AN ELBOW to the head behind the play with draw a minimum ban of three weeks under tribunal changes announced today.

And the league will also crack down on staging for free kicks, with exaggerating contact now a reportable offence.

The AFL has altered the guidelines to come down hard on incidents such as Campbell Brown's elbow to Bulldog Callan Ward in Round 3.

Brown escaped with a two-week ban after the incident was assessed as reckless and low impact.

But under today's changes it would be classified as intentional and at least medium impact, which would classify it as a level four offence.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/snipers-face-tougher-penalties-under-afl-tribunal-changes/story-e6frf9jf-1226217539738)

Rocco Jones
08-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I like it on both counts.

Desipura
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Al Paton - Herald Sun - 8 December

AN ELBOW to the head behind the play with draw a minimum ban of three weeks under tribunal changes announced today.

And the league will also crack down on staging for free kicks, with exaggerating contact now a reportable offence.

The AFL has altered the guidelines to come down hard on incidents such as Campbell Brown's elbow to Bulldog Callan Ward in Round 3.

Brown escaped with a two-week ban after the incident was assessed as reckless and low impact.

But under today's changes it would be classified as intentional and at least medium impact, which would classify it as a level four offence.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/snipers-face-tougher-penalties-under-afl-tribunal-changes/story-e6frf9jf-1226217539738)
In hindsight, I like what Campbell did to Ward :D

Ghost Dog
09-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Laughed ...out.....Loud....

azabob
09-12-2011, 09:21 AM

Nice call, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

bornadog
09-12-2011, 09:31 AM

But cement head got up:D

LostDoggy
09-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Nice call, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

But cement head got up:D

He is now the enemy. But wishing him hurt? Maybe that's too far? I hope he never gets another kick, but a blow to the head can kill a man.

bornadog
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
He is now the enemy. But wishing him hurt? Maybe that's too far? I hope he never gets another kick, but a blow to the head can kill a man.

Just joking, no one wants a player hurt like that.

LostDoggy
09-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Heard it all before from the AFL and the tribunal. Nothing will change.

Ghost Dog
09-12-2011, 10:43 AM
The way the game is played now it's a real wonder more serious things don't happen often. Anyone who says the game is soft just has to look at the face of the Brisbane captain, slugger Brown. Every time I watch soccer players rolling around clutching a shin, makes me laugh.

Agree with Chops though. I don\t think this rule will change much. Too much passion there to stamp it out.

Desipura
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
You are taking it waay too seriously. You are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 15.

Ghost Dog
09-12-2011, 02:42 PM
You are taking it waay too seriously. You are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 15.

Ah We need a few more snipers :D ( Joke ) . Picken loves the snipe. Besides Bazza, We haven't had a good beserker since Danny Southern IMO. The bulldogs...what a bunch a' nice guys ^_^

EasternWest
09-12-2011, 03:16 PM

Heh. Nice one Desi, I had a little chuckle.

What I still find funny about that incident is that Brown chose to hit Ward. Ward's got close to the hardest head in the game. He would have been better off sniping Jones or Grant (not a comment on their hardness).

Sniping is a blight on the game. I'm all for it getting wiped out, but this article is really just lip service.

LostDoggy
09-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Post archived for the day it happens.

Desipura
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Yep, you are right, I want Ward hospitalised with a serious neck injury unable to play again. Give me a break, (pardon the pun)
Making a joke about something does not mean he is going to get a serious injury.
You are obviously superstitious, and take things serious in life. thats your choice. Alot of other posters took it the way it was intended, as an innocent joke.

KT31
09-12-2011, 11:38 PM

And what a quality time it would be to say I told you so.
We are still allowed to jest about players who have shafted us without to much meaning are we not.
After all if we wish it, it doesnt actually mean it is going to happen.
Although if you close your eye's really tightly and get enough people to wish with you.....Wallah, Nathan Brown.;)

Mofra
13-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Picken loves the snipe.
Picken does it in play though so gets away with it - his marking"contest" against Delideo a couple of years back is a good example.

Bulldog4life
13-12-2011, 11:29 AM
And what a quality time it would be to say I told you so.
We are still allowed to jest about players who have shafted us without to much meaning are we not.
After all if we wish it, it doesnt actually mean it is going to happen.
Although if you close your eye's really tightly and get enough people to wish with you.....Wallah, Nathan Brown.;)

I agree. I love "black" humour.

Ghost Dog
14-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Picken does it in play though so gets away with it - his marking"contest" against Delideo a couple of years back is a good example.

and don't you love the look on his face when the ump comes sprinting up to him, victim flat out like a pancake at his feet, hands on hips as if to say....:eek: what did i do???