PDA

View Full Version : Member Fulfillment Package

AndrewP6
09-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Mine was in the letter box today. It has:

- lanyard (with the clip/plastic sleeve, not like this years.
- 2012 fridge magnet fixture. Personalised e.g. "Andrew is part of the Western Front"
- two social club guest passes (a nice addition for taking a mate)
- social club keyring
-Membership pin.
- Bumper sticker (just the one, with the new stripes guernsey styling. No pack of stickers, which I quite liked getting.
- Scarf - again the stripes are featured.
-Cap - mostly blue with a red panel at the front w/ Robodog. Fits my big scone, so those with generously proportioned heads will be pleased!

Overall I like the pack this year, would've liked a sticker pack (maybe that's the teacher in me!), and to be honest, I could do without the fridge magnet fixture - with newspapers, TV and internet, finding out game times isn't hard ;). And the pin - not really a fan, but it's OK.

Shame the pens didn't get a look in this year, I quite liked that a couple of years back.

KT31
09-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Mine was in the letter box today. It has:

- lanyard (with the clip/plastic sleeve, not like this years.
- 2012 fridge magnet fixture. Personalised e.g. "Andrew is part of the Western Front"
- two social club guest passes (a nice addition for taking a mate)/social club keyring
-Membership pin.
- Bumper sticker (just the one, with the new stripes guernsey styling. No pack of stickers, which I quite liked getting.
- Scarf - again the stripes are featured.
-Cap - mostly blue with a red panel at the front w/ Robodog. Fits my big scone, so those with generously proportioned heads will be pleased!

Overall I like the pack this year, would've liked a sticker pack (maybe that's the teacher in me!), and to be honest, I could do without the fridge magnet fixture - with newspapers, TV and internet, finding out game times isn't hard ;). And the pin - not really a fan, but it's OK.

Shame the pens didn't get a look in this year, I quite liked that a couple of years back.

If you live interstate this is essential.

AndrewP6
10-12-2011, 12:37 AM
If you live interstate this is essential.

Not meaning to be rude, but why? The Internet is available everywhere, newspapers publish game fixtures, news reports are on in other states.

KT31
10-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Not meaning to be rude, but why? The Internet is available everywhere, newspapers publish game fixtures, news reports are on in other states.

Don't get much time to watch TV and what is on has nothing or very little to do with the Dogs.
Used to buy the Hun every day but stopped as didn't read it much.
Honestly it just feesl nice when you go to the fridge and see the fixture and see who we are playing.

AndrewP6
10-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Don't get much time to watch TV and what is on has nothing or very little to do with the Dogs.
Used to buy the Hun every day but stopped as didn't read it much.
Honestly it just feesl nice when you go to the fridge and see the fixture and see who we are playing.

So it's not essential then. ;)

LostDoggy
10-12-2011, 02:17 AM
I like the magnet fixture to. Put it in my locker at work last year.

Murphy'sLore
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
I like the magnet too. We have all the past years' magnets lined up on our fridge in a frieze. So it's art work really. :p

AndrewP6
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I like the magnet fixture to. Put it in my locker at work last year.

I like the magnet too. We have all the past years' magnets lined up on our fridge in a frieze. So it's art work really. :p

Maybe I'll auction mine to the WOOF community!:)

The Bulldogs Bite
10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I like the scarves -- much better than the baby blue they used a few years ago. More stripes too, resembling the jumper. Looks good.

Never use the cap, stickers, badge etc.

I like the magnet and the social club key ring though.

anfo27
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I like the scarves -- much better than the baby blue they used a few years ago. More stripes too, resembling the jumper. Looks good.

Never use the cap, stickers, badge etc.

I like the magnet and the social club key ring though.

same here, i throw my stickers & cap straight in the bin.

ledge
10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
same here, i throw my stickers & cap straight in the bin.

Well thats stupid, hand them out to young children you know.
Amazing how something little like that can make someone support a club for the rest of their lives.

LostDoggy
10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
We have silver membership, no social club.
Do you know what aspects will be missing from our pack?
I like the little stickers to put on my number plate (they have doggie's number plate surrounds as well), I don't like putting stickers on my car itself.
We like the fridge magnet fixture as well.

anfo27
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Well thats stupid, hand them out to young children you know.
Amazing how something little like that can make someone support a club for the rest of their lives.

why is that stupid? I wouldn't wear a cheap ass ugly hat and i don't know any children old enough to be wearing hats that size. Even if i did their parents would be ripping it straight off their head and straight into the bin anyway.
Items like this are unnecessary and a waste of money for the club, a vast majority do not use a lot of the rubbish the club sends us. The club is better off giving out vouchers for hats & scarves and if members want them they can pick them up from the club or the merchandise tent on match days.
I can see why new members would want these packages but majority of people don't buy memberships for value for money. If i wanted value for money i would buy an AFL membership.

Sockeye Salmon
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
why is that stupid? I wouldn't wear a cheap ass ugly hat and i don't know any children old enough to be wearing hats that size. Even if i did their parents would be ripping it straight off their head and straight into the bin anyway.
Items like this are unnecessary and a waste of money for the club, a vast majority do not use a lot of the rubbish the club sends us. The club is better off giving out vouchers for hats & scarves and if members want them they can pick them up from the club or the merchandise tent on match days.
I can see why new members would want these packages but majority of people don't buy memberships for value for money. If i wanted value for money i would buy an AFL membership.

I've given heaps of caps and scarves away

anfo27
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I've given heaps of caps and scarves away

I've lived in the west all my life and the amount of people i know who are doggies fans i can count on 1 hand.

ledge
10-12-2011, 05:00 PM

I was thinking more the stickers, give them to a school teacher or a kindergarten.
Ask yourself how some people become supporters of clubs, the smallest thing can make a world of difference, I would never throw mine out rather give them to someone it might influence.
Supporters build supporters, wouldnt you be happy just to influence one kid to be a bulldog supporter for life just for doing that?

The Coon Dog
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I've lived in the west all my life and the amount of people i know who are doggies fans i can count on 1 hand.

Take them to a school or something, don't just bin them.

AndrewP6
11-12-2011, 12:31 AM
We have silver membership, no social club.
Do you know what aspects will be missing from our pack?
I like the little stickers to put on my number plate (they have doggie's number plate surrounds as well), I don't like putting stickers on my car itself.
We like the fridge magnet fixture as well.

I think the core pack is the sticker, magnet, cap, pin and scarf.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I put my pins on my scarf which I bought at Forges in the 80's. The red stripe is a kind of orange. I'm starting to think that Forges didn't sell official AFL merchandise.

LostDoggy
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Been advised mine will be arriving within 20 days. always look forward to it, however may not always like it.

KT31
11-12-2011, 10:16 PM

Mustn't know many people then.;)
Why not put them in a charity bin ?

Hotdog60
11-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I like my hat and living in the sunshine state it gets a lot of use, each year I add the pin to the new hat so the pin collection is growing.:D

Bulldog4life
12-12-2011, 08:44 AM

The idea is to give them away to non doggie fans even those that don't follow AFL. I've converted a few of those over the years and I live no where near Footscray.

strebla
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I have been living in pekenham for 12 months and give them to the local kids and see them worn often it always makes me smile ;-)

Murphy'sLore
13-12-2011, 11:01 AM
We have converted two families with the aid of surplus merchandise.

Danny the snakeman
13-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Recieved my pack today tho i didnt get a scarf ,was that something extra? (tho living in WA dont really need scarf)

AndrewP6
13-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Recieved my pack today tho i didnt get a scarf ,was that something extra? (tho living in WA dont really need scarf)

I was under the impression the scarf was standard, mine's embroidered with Social Club member, but I thought everyone got it. Did it come with an itemised list, maybe check that. But you're right, you won't need it for a while!

Maddog37
13-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I have gold but no social club and got no scarf action either. Ah well......

LostDoggy
13-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I was under the impression the scarf was standard, mine's embroidered with Social Club member, but I thought everyone got it. Did it come with an itemised list, maybe check that. But you're right, you won't need it for a while!
Started last year started last year scarfs onky for social club nw.

AndrewP6
13-12-2011, 09:57 PM

Oh, OK, didn't know that!

ledge
13-12-2011, 10:50 PM

Is that a stutter or alzhiemers ?:D

LostDoggy
13-12-2011, 11:00 PM

THen you must only know about 9 people. I've lived in the west my whole life and every second person is a doggies supporter, but not a member.

LostDoggy
13-12-2011, 11:01 PM
No key ring this year?

AndrewP6
13-12-2011, 11:34 PM
No key ring this year?

I got a SC one, but that's it. The last few years it's been two.

LostDoggy
14-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Silver member, no social club.
Received:
Cap
Lanyard
Pin
Sticker
Mag. Fixture.

So far caps are getting thumbs up from the males in the house this year

LostDoggy
14-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Premiership Gold, I got:

Cap — Don't really like this year's design, last year's was better IMHO.
Lanyard — Love it. The “clip onto your card and never come off” design last year was not a fave.
Pin — It's already on my hat. I like it.
Sticker — Already on the car. Hopefully, as previous posters have said, it doesn't fade too quickly.
Personalised fixture — Daggy and kitsch, but I love 'em, love being reminded it's footy season when I open my fridge.
Scarf — I really love the scarf this year, very nice design.
Keyring — Funnily enough, I liked my plain social club design from last year better, but I do like how they've kept the same kind of aspect to the design, so the keyrings from previous years all look good together on the same chain.

LostDoggy
14-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Received my parcel yesterday too. I really like what's in it this year. Love the cap, simple yet effective. The membership pin is great too! The magnet's up on the fridge and the sticker is on the car (nice to finally replace this years PINK one!!) Also like the social club keyring, although I slightly prefer this years blue one to next years red one. I haven't unwrapped the scarf yet.... :)

Greystache
14-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Griff seems happy

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/Greystache/Snapbucket/9DF6A843-orig.jpg

Ghost Dog
14-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Far out what a cool dog!!!
We need to use more Bulldogs in our Marketing.
You can't really use a crow, or 'power', Swans are a bit lame. But a Bulldog will win hearts wherever they go.

Murphy'sLore
14-12-2011, 02:58 PM
All together now -- awww!

LostDoggy
14-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Got my SC keyring. Was meant to say; don't non SC members get one. Cos I liked getting 2, 1 for both set of car keys.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
15-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Adorable

LostDoggy
15-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Loving Griff and his new scarf!

Bulldog4life
15-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Is that a stutter or alzhiemers ?:D

That's funny.:D