PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs - hits and memories

Ghost Dog
18-12-2011, 01:10 AM
What are your favorite / loved youtube clips relating to the club and associated memories?
Especially interested in videos online that may be a bit obscure.

ZP2ut4P6AOw

Lovely clip with music of Matt Robins - 147 games for the dogs and some great vision. (mark of the year 2005?)

I lived overseas during this period so couldn't follow AFL closely. Like to read about less famous players during this period who I don't know well. Not a guy you hear much about but love this vid.

The Coon Dog
18-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Lets start with the obvious:
sHajh-SMzDg

How about the players of that side watching it:
QiaOZhJQBEs

Ted. No words needed:
onlfstiQIS8

The Coon Dog
18-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Beasley!
9k5rTNZWqZA

Templeton!
383PM8xwR0g

Kolyniuk!
qrCBGfn-WFw

1985 Semi Final v North
m4yWKXzKkvQ

w3design
18-12-2011, 02:52 PM
My favourite clip was taken down.

Had Will Minson slotting a running goal from 55 on his left foot. Made me laugh and cheer every single time.

One for the contemporary supporters:
i8mLlaQS3gc

bornadog
19-12-2011, 12:58 PM
One for the contemporary supporters:
i8mLlaQS3gc

Here you go

i8mLlaQS3gc

ledge
19-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Here you go

i8mLlaQS3gc

And this was his first year, makes you wonder whats to come?

bornadog
19-12-2011, 06:13 PM
And this was his first year, makes you wonder whats to come?

I love the smile on his flat mates (Jones) face when he kicks it after the handball he gave back. These two will no doubt combine for many goals over the next few years.

bornadog
19-12-2011, 06:17 PM
1985 was a great year to watch the home and away series.

Beating the eventual premiers was a great feat as they only lost a couple that year.

B3y7iR3LFbs

and again Essendon go down.

IdNXJyq8TuE

bornadog
19-12-2011, 06:22 PM
COOOOOOOONEY

IwuQOFrOEkQ

bornadog
19-12-2011, 06:33 PM
He is one with our own poster Aker39 getting excited.

ZtCbHQbUG3Q

bornadog
19-12-2011, 06:40 PM
In 1985 we had a rare win at Victoria Park. Prior to this win we had won once in 20 years there.

kZxiwv8-HAc

Kicked nine goals to 3 in the second half to run away with a 46 point win.

LostDoggy
19-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Ted. No words needed

COOOOOOOONEY

He is one with our own poster Aker39 getting excited.

and again Essendon go down.

They all stick out for me too. Along with these recent ones.

(Bring this up everytime im with a Collingwood supporter, 50m Penalty was cherry on top)

HNkdTYzQ4yI

Who can forget Johnnos winning goal in his 300th!

JiUst0fN8a0

Also another Johnno moment where he kicked a winning goal against North at Manuka in the goal square, can't find YT vid though. That got me out of my seat.

w3design
19-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Also another Johnno moment where he kicked a winning goal against North at Manuka in the goal square, can't find YT vid though. That got me out of my seat.

Search Brad Johnson tribute and it comes up in there- it's a vid with testimonials from people close to johnno.

I remember that game- Cam Faulkner's debut and he was the matchwinner.

I also remember that Cooney should have kicked that goal- he was alone in the goalsquare unmarked. Johnson jumped in and nearly messed it up.

JohnGentStand
19-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Loving this thread :)

Ghost Dog
19-12-2011, 10:07 PM
zflwJ4Tu-N0&feature=related

Laughed out loud at this one. :D

Ghost Dog
19-12-2011, 10:31 PM
W30wSZiGBEA&feature=related

A YT hit. This will make you all smile.
9 goal last qtr,
Adam Cooney gets a blast on the cans from Rocket, comes out and cuts Brisbane to pieces.
Other highlights include a great smother by Mitch Hahn on Brad Scott ( ? ) coming out of the back.
Was anyone here at this game?

w3design
20-12-2011, 12:21 AM
watched that earlier. Loved the great man's sidestep and goal. He's getting on in age here but he still managed to make his opponents look stupid.

LostDoggy
20-12-2011, 12:54 AM
9 goal last qtr,
Adam Cooney gets a blast on the cans from Rocket, comes out and cuts Brisbane to pieces.
Other highlights include a great smother by Mitch Hahn on Brad Scott ( ? ) coming out of the back.

Just watching that and must say how good was Cooney that quarter? We are a yacht without a sail without him! His kick at full pace to hit Robbins was freakish, seriously how hard would it be to get Robbins at any rate on his chest?

Memo to God: Please, Please let him wake with a fresh new knee!!

KT31
20-12-2011, 12:57 AM
9 goal last qtr,

What ever happened to that Brian Harris he was a gun ?:D

Drunken Bum
20-12-2011, 01:46 AM
9 goal last qtr,

Minson was huge in that game, i think people undervalue pure ruckwork sometimes and Minsons work in the centre is up with the best in the comp when he isn't wasting away in the forward line for most of the match. I loved Huddo and his work in the clearances but his ruckwork was ordinary and the aim was to bring it to his feet at best most of the time so he could go at it on the ground. I'm looking forward to seeing what Minson can do in the number one role and how it carries over to our midfielders and centre breaks. As good as Cooney was Minno spoon fed him in the centre.

How good were Grants and Wests handballs to set up goals, brilliant vision and execution both times, geez we were hot that day

immortalmike
20-12-2011, 02:28 AM
What ever happened to that Brian Harris he was a gun ?:D

Traded him for Lake...I think we won that trade.

w3design
20-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Minson's contested mark in the vid for that goal was pretty good too. Waaaaay too big for Drummond.

bornadog
20-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Yva84FYeMeU

yeah that Harris was a bit of a rough nut

2P0yrwmJmdI

bornadog
20-12-2011, 01:46 PM
In one of our best finals game.

NRabQKD2ySo

Mofra
20-12-2011, 02:15 PM
In one of our best finals game.

NRabQKD2ySo
Do Eagle & Gilbs kiss in that video?

LostDoggy
20-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Poor Peter and Brett

IUZe_CssU4U

Ghost Dog
20-12-2011, 05:43 PM
4LcLV9oMYJ4

The 'Cindarella men' defeat a team of Hawthorn stars at the western Oval.

Ghost Dog
20-12-2011, 05:46 PM
F2tUpQCFWX0

Ryan Griffen Shimmies like James Brown:D

Mofra
20-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Looks like Waverley to me, although I would have only been there a half dozen times.

bornadog
20-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Looks like Waverley to me, although I would have only been there a half dozen times.

Definitely Waverley

jazzadogs
20-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Ryan Griffen Shimmies like James Brown:D
I was looking for a clip of Griff sidestepping Gary Ablett Jnr. Couldn't find it anywhere though...

immortalmike
20-12-2011, 10:14 PM
4LcLV9oMYJ4

How's Libba's effort at about 59 seconds in. All heart that bloke...

KT31
23-12-2011, 12:17 PM

True story.
My Father in-law is a Hawks supporter and spent a whole day a couple of years back trying to taunt me with the rumour Harris had left the Doggies to go to the Hawks and we had ended up with a untried player in Lake.
A couple of beers and hours later I had great pleasure in letting him know they were one in the same and he would remain a Dog.
To which he replied how good is your backline going to be with them both.:D

Pickenitup
24-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Would anyone have a copy of that Dogs Hawks Game on Video geez id love to watch that whole game

LostDoggy
24-12-2011, 11:43 AM
True story.
My Father in-law is a Hawks supporter and spent a whole day a couple of years back trying to taunt me with the rumour Harris had left the Doggies to go to the Hawks and we had ended up with a untried player in Lake.
A couple of beers and hours later I had great pleasure in letting him know they were one in the same and he would remain a Dog.
To which he replied how good is your backline going to be with them both.:D

Ha! Thats something my uncle would do, stirrers. I couldn't comprehend calling him Lake for a while when he changed his name, few years on and it suits and now Harris sounds weird ;)