PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Woofers.

KT31
31-12-2011, 06:10 PM
To all Woofers and your families hope you all have a very safe and happy New Year.
Thank you to the administrators for all their hard work and keeping Woof at a high standard.
KT31
Go Doggies.

Hotdog60
31-12-2011, 06:29 PM
"Ditto" :)

AndrewP6
31-12-2011, 07:03 PM
To the higher powers at WOOF, thanks for all your work maintaining the forum...

To the WOOF community, Happy New Year, enjoy the festivities but above all stay safe.

Go Dogs!

immortalmike
31-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I too wish you all a very Happy New Year. Stay safe, drink way too much and have fun.
Looking forward to an awesome 2012. Go Doggies!!

The Underdog
31-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Happy New Year all.

My 2012 resolution is to try and post more often and better. I view 2011 as my annus horribilus, a lack of form and some off forum distractions led to a subpar result but I've sacked the coach and am refreshed and refocused. This is absolutely the hardest pre-season I've ever done.
Now for something to post about...

boydogs
31-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Happy New Years everyone :)

LostDoggy
01-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Happy New year to all! May it be a great one.

Max469
01-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Happy New Year everyone.

May it bring only the good things in life to us all.

LostDoggy
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Happy New Year!

Ergh back to work already. The misery begins. Bring on Footy Season already :(

LostDoggy
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Happy New Year all!

Hoping 2012 will be a breakout year in all regards.

Speaking of 2012, I'm considering a move back down South this year and looking at maybe dropping anchor in Melbourne. Any tips on places to rent within about 20 minutes of the city?

Cheers
Hobdog

comrade
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Happy New Year all!

Speaking of 2012, I'm considering a move back down South this year and looking at maybe dropping anchor in Melbourne. Any tips on places to rent within about 20 minutes of the city?

Cheers
Hobdog

Can't go wrong with inner northern suburbs (Coburg, Brunswick, Northcote, etc). Great access to public transport, great restaurants, bars and cultural touch points (boutiques, book stores, art house theatres) and only a 15-20min drive to Etihad Stadium to watch the Doggies.

KT31
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Happy New Year all!

Cheers
Hobdog

Inner West is great (Spotwood, Willy , Yarraville, Kingsville etc) if you can afford it.
Only ten minutes to the city and the added bonus of being near Whitten Oval.

LostDoggy
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Inner West is great (Spotwood, Willy , Yarraville, Kingsville etc) if you can afford it.

Can't go wrong with inner northern suburbs (Coburg, Brunswick, Northcote, etc). Great access to public transport, great restaurants, bars and cultural touch points (boutiques, book stores, art house theatres) and only a 15-20min drive to Etihad Stadium to watch the Doggies.

Thanks for the tips guys! This question may be hard to answer but I have a small dog and I'm wondering how strict real estate agents are with pets in Melbourne? Also, not knowing a lot of people in Melbourne, I'm wondering if the Bulldogs social club is a good avenue to meet people? (I have social club membership)

Sorry for all the questions but it's sometimes better to talk to people that actually live in a place to get a feel!

Cheers
Dan

LostDoggy
04-01-2012, 09:05 AM

I used to live in Kingsville, now in Seddon down the road, highly recommend, especially with all the doggies support around!

DragzLS1
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Dont do it man! Come to Williamstown or Spotswood! Kingsville is a bit old as is yarraville with its narrow streets damn it I hate getting stuck at yarraville station at the front of my uncles panel shop! haha

bornadog
05-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Happy New Year all!

Cheers
Hobdog

You could also try North Melbourne, close to the city, but not sure on rental prices.

LostDoggy
05-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks for all the advice on places to live fellow woofers! I've got some thinking to do. Don't want to move back to Tassie but want to be closer to my family so Melbourne is logical choice. And I'd be able to get to all the dogs games.

Cheers
Hobdog

bornadog
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the advice on places to live fellow woofers! I've got some thinking to do. Don't want to move back to Tassie but want to be closer to my family so Melbourne is logical choice. And I'd be able to get to all the dogs games.

Cheers
Hobdog

You could try the Docklands and walk to games, the city, entertainment etc, but will depend on your budget.