View Full Version : East Meets West Day 2012

LostDoggy
05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi all,

Just saw that the East Meets West morning training session is on again:

East Meets West Fan Open Training Session

Date: Saturday 21 January, 2012

Time: Training commences at 9:00am

Admission: Admission to the Open Training Session will be via a gold coin donation with all proceeds going to the Komatsu Bulldoze the Debt campaign.

Activities: Western Bulldogs Open Training Session, Autograph Signing Session, BBQ Breakfast, Face Painting, Merchandise & Membership Marquee and much more...

Address: Wesley College - 620 High Street Road, Glen Waverley, Victoria, 3150 (Melway 62 A12)

Parking: Limited off-street parking is available the day and street parking along High Street Road

It's a good morning and not as crowded as the Family Day so access to players, photos and autographs is a bit easier. Hope to see a few WOOFers there!! :)

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/127687/default.aspx

The Coon Dog
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I wont be there this year Suz, TCP has cricket on Saturday mornings now, much preferred it when he played on Friday nights.

LostDoggy
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I wont be there this year Suz, TCP has cricket on Saturday mornings now, much preferred it when he played on Friday nights.

:(

Oh well, we'll just have to catch up at the Storm V Bulldogs 20/20 cricket match (if it's not 40 degrees this year!!) :)

AndrewP6
05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I'll most likely be there, it's god to see the lads up close.

LostDoggy
05-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I'll most likely be there, it's god to see the lads up close.

I'll look out for you Andrew. I'm an ok photographer, so if you need anyone to take photos...... :)

AndrewP6
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I'll look out for you Andrew. I'm an ok photographer, so if you need anyone to take photos...... :)

Thanks, I got some random guy to take my pic last year, and it appeared like he'd never picked a camera up :eek: Cut half my head off in about 5 of them!

See ya there!

AndrewP6
05-01-2012, 11:09 PM

Just noticed your signature... reminded me of Uncle Buck "I'm Buck Melanoma. Moley Russell's wart. Not her wart! Not her wart... I'm... I'm the wart. She's my tumour"

:D:)

mdean70
06-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Hoping to make it there this year

LostDoggy
06-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks, I got some random guy to take my pic last year, and it appeared like he'd never picked a camera up :eek: Cut half my head off in about 5 of them!

See ya there!

Yes, I seem to remember some comments about your photos last year. I promise not to cut anyones heads off!! :D

LostDoggy
06-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Just noticed your signature... reminded me of Uncle Buck "I'm Buck Melanoma. Moley Russell's wart. Not her wart! Not her wart... I'm... I'm the wart. She's my tumour"

:D:)

"Here's a quarter. Why don't you go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face?" Love that movie too. :D

Pickenoholic42
09-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I'll be there this year!

turtle
11-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I'll have my clan there, hoping to drag a few potential "recruits" with me. A couple of nieces and nephews have been wavering from the Pies since they keep getting their Bulldogs membership packs delivered each year :)

Hopefully I will seal the conversion with a few player & woofer photo's

Seriously, to everyone thinking about it, it's a great morning, the players are as always super with the kids.

LostDoggy
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
I will be there with the family and the extended family - Actually know the kids in the photo with Brian in the promo - they are estatic to be on the website.

LostDoggy
18-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Can you take your dog on a lead to the east meets west day ???

AndrewP6
18-01-2012, 11:14 PM

I'm sure I've seen others do it. Can't see that it'd be a problem.

The Underdog
19-01-2012, 12:27 PM

It's at a private school, it's ok as long as it's a pure bred dog :)

KT31
19-01-2012, 12:55 PM
It's at a private school, it's ok as long as it's a pure bred dog :)

Just like the Royal family pd's dog is as pure bread as they come.
It's Mom and Father are it's Aunt and Uncle as well.:D

always right
20-01-2012, 02:36 PM
As always...looking forward to the morning. Will drag along the family and potential new members amongst my youngest daughter's friends.

Should be different to last year when you could smell the expectation in the air. Twelve months later and all the focus will be on the new coach, what he has to say, how he interacts with the supporters, and how much bigger the players have got. I expect as usual that Cordy, Roughead and Grant will not have developed their bodies to anything like I imagined and hoped for:) Likely to be a lot of eyes on our young recruits this year.

LostDoggy
20-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Confirmed with the club that yes I can bring the dog :-) So I will be there with the family and the dog !!

LostDoggy
20-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Might have to get myself a new profie picture :-)

always right
21-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Impressed with the coach. Sure he will ultimately be judged on wins and losses but he has a clear plan and he is committed to it. He spent a long time talking to supporters and was one of the last to leave.

I asked him if he was concerned with our outside run this year and his response was that we need to fix the inside mids first. Mentioned that when he was at Geelong they knew they would beat us if they won the inside battle. He's clearly basing our game style on Geelong.
He is really impressed with Clay Smith so we can expect to see him playing senior footy very early.

Going to be an interesting season.

angelopetraglia
21-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Great morning. The players and coaching staff were very accommodating. Two very happy children in my house who got to meet Boyd, Cross, Gia, Cooney, Murphy, Libba, Wallis, Griffo and others. Definitely will be going along again next year.

AndrewP6
21-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Here are some pics from today's session if anyone's interested. There are quite a lot there, I make no promises of the quality!:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150500521308282.383199.698683281&type=3&l=b78faf7844\

Young Redpath is one BIG unit.

always right
21-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Here are some pics from today's session if anyone's interested. There are quite a lot there, I make no promises of the quality!:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150500521308282.383199.698683281&type=3&l=b78faf7844\

Nice pics Andrew. Very light (and brief) training session but McCartney did mention that yesterday's training was brutal.

Dog54
21-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Just saw some pics and the video of Redpath he looks like he has a big strong body. Do others think that he could play some part in the middle later season to take some pressure of the smaller bodies e.g. grant and jones ? He may be a surprise packet. Also liked the size of Dickson I think he will play round 1.

always right
21-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Just saw some pics and the video of Redpath he looks like he has a big strong body. Do others think that he could play some part in the middle later season to take some pressure of the smaller bodies e.g. grant and jones ? He may be a surprise packet. Also liked the size of Dickson I think he will play round 1.

Has to get elevated off the rookie list first.

One thing I noticed today is that Cordy seems to finally have a body to play AFL footy. Now a matter of whether he actually has the ability.

Before I Die
21-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Thanks for posting the photos Andrew. I was there, but the close up images of the players in action adds another dimension.

Redpath does appear to have all the physical requistes. Fingers crossed that he can demonstrate in the NAB Cup that he also has the requisite skill and football nous. And double fingers crossed that he can stay injury free, which hasn't been the case in the past.

LostDoggy
21-01-2012, 09:06 PM

These are great. I got dragged into work so it's greatly appreciated as I really wanted to go to this. Cheers

w3design
21-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the photo's had to look after the kids today is that Redpath in same shot as Murphy if so he is huge .

Dry Rot
21-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the photo's had to look after the kids today is that Redpath in same shot as Murphy if so he is huge .

Looks angry too. Excellent.

Thanks for the pics Andrew.

AndrewP6
21-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Looks angry too. Excellent.

Thanks for the pics Andrew.

These are great. I got dragged into work so it's greatly appreciated as I really wanted to go to this. Cheers

Thanks for posting the photos Andrew. I was there, but the close up images of the players in action adds another dimension.

Nice pics Andrew. Very light (and brief) training session but McCartney did mention that yesterday's training was brutal.

Cheers guys, glad you liked the pics!

LostDoggy
22-01-2012, 11:28 AM
My family went down and took some videos for me.

Here's the talk from Garlick and Macca with Macca introducing the new recruits. The camera work isn't the best, but you can hear everything (also sorry for my brother in-law at the 11min mark... at least my niece is a Bulldog! not sure why YouTube has squished the video, will attempt to fix it)

tYTAKVh6IsA&feature=youtu.be

and some Handball drills

ju4Ey37r1w4&feature=youtu.be

Bumper Bulldogs
22-01-2012, 07:03 PM
My family went down and took some videos for me.

Here's the talk from Garlick and Macca with Macca introducing the new recruits. The camera work isn't the best, but you can hear everything (also sorry for my brother in-law at the 11min mark... at least my niece is a Bulldog! not sure why YouTube has squished the video, will attempt to fix it)

tYTAKVh6IsA&feature=youtu.be

and some Handball drills

ju4Ey37r1w4&feature=youtu.be
Thanks Bonnite he talks well and I love to hear that our boys like to hit body's, these are the things that supporters love to see and don't mind a loss or two providing we really put in.

Interesting that he said they went out and got these type of players and hey are we look to be a perfect fit for his coaching and game plan. Did he have at imput or did he have the Job before we knew it? Did the interview panel provide feedback that all advocates said a similar thing and helped set the direction for the recruiters

LostDoggy
23-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I really enjoyed the morning. The weather was nice, the atmosphere was relaxed, met up with a few WOOFers (and their dogs!!) and had my photo taken with my favourite players. I enjoyed both Simon Garlick & Brendan McCartneys speeches too. The club & the East West Club do a really good job organising this for us Bulldogs supporters out in the east. Well done!! :)

The Pie Man
23-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Clay Smith looks a big lad for his age - nice pics Andrew, thanks for posting.

always right
23-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Clay Smith is a beast for his age and looks to be a ready replacement for Ward.

AndrewP6
23-01-2012, 08:00 PM

No probs :) Paul did say something about losing one player and them thinking they'd found a replacement.

Then again, he also described Redpath as a midfielder :) Obviously has a sense of humour!

w3design
26-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Excellent pics Max Power.