PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Flights 2012 (For Interstate Games)

LostDoggy
24-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Thought id launch this thread like previous years.

Where is everyone planning to go this year for interstate games?

Jetstar have flights on sale at the moment, was looking to goto Adelaide..that is about $140-$150 return from Melb. As its over Easter I might actually drive it on Good Friday and return Easter Monday. Prob cheaper option in the end. If anyone wants a lift, I wouldn't mind having someone to keep me awake on the drive up/back ;)

I'll goto Perth aswell to see Dogs/Freo (via South Africa) in July :D

LostDoggy
24-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately we're not doing any interstate trips this season (Bulldogs or Storm) as we're saving for a trip to the USA next year. The sacrifices we make.... ;)

DragzLS1
24-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I would highly recomned booking tiger airways this early there were tickets to gold coast for $83 return!! and last year there were a few tickets to Sydney for $19 :s seriously It cost more to drive to watch us get belted at Geelong then to fly to sydney :p

LostDoggy
24-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately we're not doing any interstate trips this season (Bulldogs or Storm) as we're saving for a trip to the USA next year. The sacrifices we make.... ;)

Oh it will be worth it Suz, just get yourself to every possible game in Melbourne :D

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Looking at Darwin on Expedia - Jetstar and Virgin have the only direct flights. Has anyone used Bulldog Travel? I sent them a couple of emails but they haven't replied.

Axe Man
25-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Hopefully going to Adelaide at Easter as well to visit the Crow supporting in-laws and experience AAMI as an away supporter (only been there as a neutral).:eek:

LostDoggy
25-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Oh it will be worth it Suz, just get yourself to every possible game in Melbourne :D

Will be doing just that Alexxx!! :)

LostDoggy
25-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Hopefully going to Adelaide at Easter as well to visit the Crow supporting in-laws and experience AAMI as an away supporter (only been there as a neutral).:eek:

I've been to a couple of Crows V Bulldogs many years ago. One word springs to mind. FERAL. :D

LostDoggy
26-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Jetstar have an Australia Day sale flights to Drwin when we play for $159 each way plus all the add ons of course.

LostDoggy
29-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Jetstar have an Australia Day sale flights to Drwin when we play for $159 each way plus all the add ons of course.

Not bad, Perth or Darwin for less than $400 return is a winner

KT31
30-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Not bad, Perth or Darwin for less than $400 return is a winner

Be careful with the flight times.
The Darwin flight was at 12am, more than one poster has missed their flight by 24 hours.
Not mentioning any names SS and Chop's.;)

LostDoggy
10-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have an interstate booking form? Cant find any on the website.

Might go down to the Whitten Oval, I put my name down a while ago at the intraclub to have one sent out, still haven't heard anything.

Going to the Adelaide game so looks like ill be buying off ticketmaster..

LostDoggy
11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Be careful with the flight times.
The Darwin flight was at 12am, more than one poster has missed their flight by 24 hours.
Not mentioning any names SS and Chop's.;)

That was SS and twodogs.

LostDoggy
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
So who is going to Darwin?

Also the Canberra trip is a few weeks away, but I won't be there.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
13-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Am going to Darwin - there is a pre match function on at the hotel we're staying at

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
13-04-2012, 08:53 PM
The form you need to fill out is under Membership/Interstate Membership on the website. I thought you could just show up with your membership card lucky alexxx mentioned it.

bornadog
13-04-2012, 11:36 PM
The form you need to fill out is under Membership/Interstate Membership on the website. I thought you could just show up with your membership card lucky alexxx mentioned it.

The two times I have been to Darwin, I just rocked up and showed my membership at the gate. I stood up in the outer, so no reserved seats. Things may have changed so you better check.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
14-04-2012, 03:52 PM
I'll take the form in during the week and see what they say. I don't want a seat either.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I took my Darwin registration form into the club last night - the guy at Reception said you must register even if you don't want a seat and a ticket will be issued a week or so before the game.