PDA

View Full Version : darren jolly - good fit?

LostDoggy
16-09-2007, 03:09 PM
If it's true that darren jolly is wanting to come back to melbourne, i think that we should definetly consider giving something reasonably good up for him. He wins alot of tapouts , gets enough of the ball and proved this year that he can push forward and become dangerous. Would you like to see him in the red, white and blue or not?

The Doctor
16-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I'd rather go for Cam Wood. Not as good a player now but I expect will be a much better player in due course. He would also start hitting his peak at the same time as Cooney, Griffen, Williams and co.

LostDoggy
16-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, thats a very good point, and he does look good hey!

The Coon Dog
16-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd rather go for Cam Wood. Not as good a player now but I expect will be a much better player in due course. He would also start hitting his peak at the same time as Cooney, Griffen, Williams and co.

I'm with you on this Doc.

What would be needed to facilitate a trade, bearing in mind he'll probably have a number of clubs courting him, so Brisbane will be out to get the best possible deal.

LostDoggy
16-09-2007, 04:05 PM
who do you think brisbane or sydney would have in mind that is on our list? who would you think would be a fair trade for cam wood ?

LostDoggy
16-09-2007, 04:10 PM
sam power plus second round pick

The Coon Dog
16-09-2007, 04:21 PM
sam power plus second round pick

I wont be rude (that's for BF), but if I was Brisbane I'd laugh at that.

It would need someone like Giansiracusa as a player with the 2nd round pick.

LostDoggy
16-09-2007, 04:28 PM
how good is wood? if he was a gun, brisbane wouldnt give him away. cant afford to let gia go.

Twodogs
16-09-2007, 05:20 PM
who do you think brisbane or sydney would have in mind that is on our list? who would you think would be a fair trade for cam wood ?

I personally think that a fair trade would be if they just handed him over to us without making a fuss.:D

Twodogs
16-09-2007, 05:20 PM
how good is wood? if he was a gun, brisbane wouldnt give him away. cant afford to let gia go.

Why? What would the team be losing if we did.

LostDoggy
16-09-2007, 05:33 PM
We would lose a good leaderr and established player with plenty of improvement left in him. If i was Eade and i was offered wood for gia i would laugh at them.

Twodogs
16-09-2007, 05:39 PM
We would lose a good leaderr and established player with plenty of improvement left in him. If i was Eade and i was offered wood for gia i would laugh at them.

He doesnt have any tools that half a dozen other players in our team dont already have and his downside is considerable. He is a player we could lose that wouldnt have a huge impact on our overall performance.

But he could fill a role at a club that is light on for skilled runners and gain us a player that could solve a lot of our problems. I reckon we'd be mad not to look at trading Gia.

The Underdog
16-09-2007, 07:25 PM

What we'd lose with Gia is something that could be replaced from within.
What we'd gain from Wood in the next couple of years is harder to find and isn't currently on our list. Don't be surprised if a couple of established players are on the table. Think there's a chance Eade might do one trade which sends the rest of the team a message.

As for Jolly, too expensive as far as what we'd have to give up and I personally think he's reasonably overrated. I'd prefer a shot at Wood.

DOG GOD
16-09-2007, 08:19 PM
id rather wood as well, and if we had to trade gia to do it i would be all 4 it.