PDA

View Full Version : The WOOF Football Community 2012

chef
04-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Where are you from?

Eastdog
04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Vic Metro. Born in Fitzroy at St. Vincents Hospital and lived in Preston and then in North Adelaide for 1 year. I grew up mostly in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne (Glen Waverley for a few weeks then to Wantirna back to Glen Waverley now Vermont South where Ive been for nearly 15 years).

chef
04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm from Kyabram in north central Vic in the heart of the Goulburn Valley where I've spent most of my life, apart from a few years at boarding school in Ballarat and about 5-6 years in St Kilda where I started my career as a Pastry Chef.

Doggy
04-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Attwood. North West Melbourne about 20 kms from the CBD.

jeemak
04-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Born in Melbourne and grew up in Mulgrave (until it was re-zoned as Wheelers Hill). Have since lived in Hawthorn East, Richmond and Hawthorn.

Both sides of my family are from the west.

LostDoggy
04-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Started out life in Clayton, grew up in Berwick. Currently living in Germany.

KT31
04-02-2012, 11:46 PM
A little bit confused, is it where from or currently live ?
or
Why are you from ? :)

jazzadogs
05-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Also in the Vermont South, Blackburn area. Been in the Eastern suburbs my whole life...great to see the increase in supporters on the trains to the game, and increase in Bulldogs bumper stickers in the area!

GVGjr
05-02-2012, 01:34 AM
After being born in Footscray I've lived in a lot of country areas like Castlemaine, Bendigo and Shepparton and even had a stint at Gosford on the Central Coast of NSW. Been back in Melbourne for 11 years and live in Burwood.
I think there are a lot of Eastern Suburbs Western Bulldog supporters on the forum.

Eastdog
05-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Also in the Vermont South, Blackburn area. Been in the Eastern suburbs my whole life...great to see the increase in supporters on the trains to the game, and increase in Bulldogs bumper stickers in the area!

There are quite a few Bulldogs supporters in the Eastern Suburbs like myself which is great to see. As you said you are right about bumper stickers. I saw a Bulldogs sticker on a car at Vermont South Shopping centre recently. Maybe I might see you at the East meets West Family Day next year.

Any Bulldogs supporters that are from or live in the Northern Suburbs.

AndrewP6
05-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Why am I from Vic Metro??? hahahaha

Born and raised in Noble Park, in Melbourne's SE suburbs. Bought a house in Hampton Park about 5 years ago.

Not very exciting really...

LostDoggy
05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Born In Launceston (lived at Binalong Bay), then moved to Coffs Harbour, now live in Mount Mee, which is just near woodford in Qld

craigsahibee
05-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Grew up in Mooroolbark, had a brief stay in Richmond and Armadale then gravitated back to Mooroolbark. Been here in the outer east for 36 of my inglorious 42 years on this planet.

Go_Dogs
05-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Still Adelaide for me, but becoming quite likely that I'll be heading to Melbourne (hopefully) later this year or early next.

OLD SCRAGGer
05-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Born & raised in Teddy Whitten suburb of Braybrook, moved to Kealba when I got married, now living in Werribee

Scraggers
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Wasn't sure how to vote ... I voted Vic Metro as I grew up there so that is 'Where I'm From' ... I grew up in Elwood before moving to Preston for five years then Rowville and later Fern Tree Gully ... I moved to WA to go to Uni and met my wife; and I've been here since (21 years now). I am still a very perocial Victorian !!

The Underdog
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I live at the very edge of the Eastern Suburbs, on a hill, just past the end of a train line. Vic Metro but barely.

DragzLS1
05-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Vic metro.
Yarraville to spotswood and williamstown the last 12 years :)

bornadog
05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Born in Footscray and lived there till I was 4, then we moved to West Sunshine, back to West Footscray, then back to West Sunshine. Then I moved to Maribynong, North Carlton, East Doncaster, North Melbourne, Taiwan, Singapore and now Armadale for the past 14 years

Murphy'sLore
05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Any Bulldogs supporters that are from or live in the Northern Suburbs.

*puts hand up* Born in Preston, grew up in Ferntree Gully, lived in the inner north since leaving home and now back in Preston.

Eastdog
05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
*puts hand up* Born in Preston, grew up in Ferntree Gully, lived in the inner north since leaving home and now back in Preston.

I lived in Preston for the first 2 years after I was born.

Drunken Bum
05-02-2012, 04:30 PM
wasn't sure how to answer but went vic metro as that is where i am now and have been most of my life. Born and raised in Deni NSW, moved to East Keilor when 14 and have spent most of the last 27 yrs or so in the area (Essendon, Niddrie, EK) except for a cpl years in Southbank and a year in Cambodia

Remi Moses
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Grew up in Maidstone. Lived in Perth for a couple of years( cannington)
Lived in Stkilda, Yarraville and now Williamstown.

LostDoggy
05-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Currently in Vic Metro at Werribee but have lived in many places throughout Victoria (too numerous to mention) and a couple in New South Wales.

LostDoggy
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Different parts of country Victoria but mostly the North East.

the banker
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Grew up in Footscray till 9. Moved to Dandenongs and then Blackburn. My early adult life was inner suburbs then Malvern Since returning from Sydney 5 years ago have settled in Balwyn North.

Bulldog4life
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Grew up in Yarraville. After getting married I lived in Balaclava, Mt.Waverley and now in semi-retirement I live in Rosebud South.

hotdog
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Born and bred within 5km of Whitten Oval. Have done 5 yrs in WA and now and up on the South Coast of NSW where AFL is not back page of the daily paper.

Bulldog Joe
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Born on the Sunshine Coast of TASMANIA at Burnie where I still live.

I do spend a lot of time in Melbourne.

always right
06-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Grew up in Glen Waverley.
Spent first five years of married life in Bendigo.
Then three years in Ferntree Gully.
Then four years in Hobart
Last 12 years in Wheelers Hill.

LostDoggy
06-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Lived in Braybrook when born, still upsets me that my birth certificate says CARLTON, as I would say a lot of my generation would being born at the Womans Hospital. Finished High school at Barham NSW, i used to catch the bus o Melboyrne to see my beloved bulldogs. Live in Tarneit now.

Greystache
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Lived in East Keilor when I was young, then moved to London for a few years in my early-mid 20's, moved to Port Melbourne when I got back, then to Williamstown. Currently living in Tullamarine with the fiance while looking to buy in a better area ASAP!

Eastdog
06-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Interested to see how many Woofers grew up or live in the Outer Northern Suburbs of Melbourne (Lalor, Epping, South Morang, Mill Park, Bundoora, Thomastown). I have lots of relatives who live in those areas including my Uncle.

BulldogBelle
06-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Sunshine, Ardeer, Werribee, West Sushine, Spotswood, Newport now Phillip Island

w3design
07-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Still in SA but now living in Naracoorte, edging my way into the Vic Country area.

LostDoggy
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
"From" Victoria but have been living temporarily in South Australia for the last 27 years.

KT31
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Grew up in Spotswood (South Kingsville), rented in Yarraville and Newport.
First house was in Altona Bay and next one back in Spotty.
Now live on the South Coast of NSW.

Ozza
07-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Grew up in Essendon - then lived in Moonee Ponds, Ascot Vale, Kensington, before buying in Brunswick.

Eastdog
18-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Grew up in Essendon - then lived in Moonee Ponds, Ascot Vale, Kensington, before buying in Brunswick.

I don't live there but my cousin lives in Brunswick. The inner northern suburbs have became popular with young professionals and are now quite affluent because of its close proximity to the CBD.

1eyedog
21-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Why am I from Vic Metro??? hahahaha

Born and raised in Noble Park, in Melbourne's SE suburbs. Bought a house in Hampton Park about 5 years ago.

Not very exciting really...

That' very exciting, congrats on owning your own home, you must be proud. And by the way Primary School teachers are some of the hardest working people I know.

I was born in Geelong but spent my early years around the corner from the Western Oval. Lived on the Surf Coast for 20 years and came to Melbourne for Uni as a mature aged student about 10 years ago and never left. Now living in Brunswick.

AndrewP6
21-05-2012, 11:34 PM
That' very exciting, congrats on owning your own home, you must be proud. And by the way Primary School teachers are some of the hardest working people I know.

Haha..thanks! And...thanks! :)

LostDoggy
23-05-2012, 01:53 AM
West Footscray for 23 years
Keillor for 4years
Essendon for 17 years
Ascot Vale for 11 years
Doing circle work ... Next stop maybe Footscray
New York presently for 2weeks missed Grants goal

Eastdog
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
West Footscray for 23 years
Keillor for 4years
Essendon for 17 years
Ascot Vale for 11 years
Doing circle work ... Next stop maybe Footscray
New York presently for 2weeks missed Grants goal

Great City New York. Been twice. There is so much to see and do there. It is such a vibrant city and even on the weeknights the city is busling.

SonofScray
07-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Grew up in Ascot Vale/Flemington. Recently moved to East Keilor while we build a house down by the her in Sunshine. I'd love to be able to live in Ascot Vale, Moonee Ponds or West Footscray where most of my family are but Sunshine was as close as I could get. Still, I love the West. It feels good.

FrediKanoute
08-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Originally Melbourne, St.Albans to be precise. Moved to Bris-Vegas in 2001 and the London in 2002......still here!

Eastdog
14-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally Melbourne, St.Albans to be precise. Moved to Bris-Vegas in 2001 and the London in 2002......still here!

Haven't been to London or Europe but in the future intend to go for a holiday. It is very much like New York with the hustle and bustle. It would now be even busier with the Olympic Games coming up and the excitement surrounding that.

whythelongface
14-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Born and bred in sydney as well as living in Holland as a kid for a few years.

bulldogsman
14-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Born and raised around the Wodonga/Albury region. Live in Albury.

Eastdog
15-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Born and bred in sydney as well as living in Holland as a kid for a few years.

Are you back in Australia now?

LostDoggy
15-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Vic Country. Ocean Grove originally, then Great Ocean Rd, now Geelong. Actually I'm doing a snow season, so Alpine Region.

Eastdog
15-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Vic Country. Ocean Grove originally, then Great Ocean Rd, now Geelong. Actually I'm doing a snow season, so Alpine Region.

Been up to Mount Buller but in the summertime. The first time I actually saw snow was when I was in California in the Yosemite national park. It was April so only saw patches of snow hardly any as it was all melted.

GetDimmaBack
17-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Grew up in Braybrook, went to Braybrook High. Lived in WA briefly (Scarborough - still wondering why I left) and have lived in Gippsland for the last 25 years. Firstly Yarram, now in the Drouin area.

As long as the Dogs live in Footscray, I'm happy!

Eastdog
23-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Grew up in Braybrook, went to Braybrook High. Lived in WA briefly (Scarborough - still wondering why I left) and have lived in Gippsland for the last 25 years. Firstly Yarram, now in the Drouin area.

As long as the Dogs live in Footscray, I'm happy!

Gippsland I reckon we should swap the Darwin home match and play one home game in that region each year. East Gippsland was I believe our old country zone. We could swap it around one year play one Darwin home match another year one Gippsland home match.

KT31
23-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Sophie, after spending a couple of days down Geelong way last week, you wouldn't have to travel far from Geelong to experience the snow season.:)

Eastdog
24-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Are you enjoying the snow season in the Alpine Region.

mighty_west
24-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Born a stones throw from Whitten Oval, 25 years in Williamstown, then 2 years in Kew, a year in Glen Iris, purchased first house in Yarraville, lived there for 3 years, Altona Meadows for 3 years, Mornington for 6 years, Sunbury for almost a year, now Brisbane.

Sockeye Salmon
24-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Born a stones throw from Whitten Oval, 25 years in Williamstown, then 2 years in Kew, a year in Glen Iris, purchased first house in Yarraville, lived there for 3 years, Altona Meadows for 3 years, Mornington for 6 years, Sunbury for almost a year, now Brisbane.

Debt collectors after you?