PDA

View Full Version : Howard's start

The Bulldogs Bite
14-02-2012, 07:42 PM
By Ben Collins
10:31 AM Mon 13 Feb, 2012

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/AFL/AFL%20F-J/How319z.jpg

WESTERN Bulldogs youngster Christian Howard is nothing if not committed to establishing himself as an AFL player. A case in point is his attitude towards his upcoming 21st birthday.

Howard officially comes of age on March 19 - seemingly perfect timing for a party to celebrate the occasion in his native Adelaide given the NAB Cup Grand Final (should the Bulldogs make it) will be played on March 17 and the Dogs don’t play their season-opener until April Fool's Day.

However, after playing a total of six games in three bursts last year - during which he averaged 13 disposals - Howard is no fool when it comes to his fledgling AFL career.

"I was tossing up whether to have a 21st [party] or not, but I've decided not to," he said.

Read More (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128852/default.aspx)

GVGjr
14-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I like Howard, he's often the victim of expectation amongst our supporters but if we are patient with him I think he can become a handy player for us.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Pretty good article, loved the part on Ward/Reid.

He strikes me as a confidence player; he just needs to have games pumped into him, which he was denied of last season.

the banker
15-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Could surprise with some solid games. Not a flaky/ fluky player, more systematic, so once he gets it I think he could be a consistent player.

Mofra
15-02-2012, 10:21 AM
He's earmarked a role as a wingman and is working towards it - given his tank, there's no reason why he wont get there

Cyberdoggie
16-02-2012, 12:41 PM
He's earmarked a role as a wingman and is working towards it - given his tank, there's no reason why he wont get there

Does he have the pace to be effective on the wing?

Mofra
16-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Does he have the pace to be effective on the wing?
Cross has been in our top ~5 B&F finishes for a while with little real pace, on the back of pure endurance. With the bench being reduced, I'd endurance to remain important. We need players who can run out games with a high % TOG.

DragzLS1
16-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Cross has been in our top ~5 B&F finishes for a while with little real pace, on the back of pure endurance. With the bench being reduced, I'd endurance to remain important. We need players who can run out games with a high % TOG.

Totally agree