PDA

View Full Version : Fox Footy, Your First Impression

Remi Moses
18-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Just wondering people's thoughts on the 1st installment?

chef
18-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Live, no ads and no Bruce. Awesome:).

Eastdog
18-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Very Good. Im lucky to have Foxtel and get all the games live. One downside is that not everyone has got Foxtel and that means they won't be able to watch their team every week live. I think it should be available for all supporters but at the end of the day its all for the money.

Go_Dogs
18-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Liked it, and really looking forward to the rest of the year - great to have a dedicated footy channel again.

jazzadogs
18-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I just love the fact that Fox Footy Channel is back. It won't matter what they do, I'll still love it.

Could have done with Dwayne Russell getting the boot though...

Greystache
18-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I signed up for Foxtel today, they can't install it for nearly 2 weeks. The person on the phone said Foxtel can't cope with the number of people wanting to sign up all because of the footy.

AndrewP6
18-02-2012, 08:54 PM
If the GWS commentary team are going to get the gig each week, it could be a long year. Their incessant fawning over the new kids is pathetic and embarrassing.

aker39
18-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Can someone shoot Dwayne Russell and his cheer squad.

AndrewP6
18-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Can someone shoot Dwayne Russell and his cheer squad.

Their GWS barracking was disgusting. At one free kick replay, Russell doesn't discuss the free, but takes the opportunity to pot Zephi's kicking run up WTF???

LostDoggy
18-02-2012, 09:17 PM
No ads but plenty of bs interrupting. Eg Interviews of mums and views of a non playing team training.

Add to it bias or barracking commentators by idiots like Dwayne Russell.

It's great!

bornadog
18-02-2012, 10:29 PM
No ads but plenty of bs interrupting. Eg Interviews of mums and views of a non playing team training.

Add to it bias or barracking commentators but idiots like Dwayne Russell.

It's great!

Gerard is not much better, doesnt know a thing about us and makes stupid comments like the players out, or Hargraves season last year.

AndrewP6
18-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Add to it bias or barracking commentators but idiots like Dwayne Russell.

It's great!

Agreed, I think I'd rather have ads than Dwayne and Co.

BulldogBelle
18-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Liked it, and really looking forward to the rest of the year - great to have a dedicated footy channel again.

Same here, I'm glad it's back. I enjoy watching all games and to now be able to watch every one live if I want to - it's great.

Remi Moses
18-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Dwayne Russell is an obnoxious annoying human Being.
There his good points.
Dermott is better painting the picture on radio.
Gerard Healy is just hooray everything AFL.

Maddog37
18-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Hearing continuously how the dogs are only missing Cooney , Lake etc but never a mention of Dale Morris really irks me. He is a massive part of our team. Shits me listening to ill informed lazy commentators like Dwayne.

craigsahibee
19-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't stand Messrs Russell and Healey.

The only positive is that Foxtel have not signed, Walls, lane and Christian from 10.

Totally disrespectful to Dale Morris for not including him in the list of our absent players. Healey always shows bias to the interstate teams when he is in their town. He is the reason I miss "On the Couch" as much as possible.

Bulldog4life
19-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Agreed, I think I'd rather have ads than Dwayne and Co.

Have to agree too. Their biased commentary and their blatant barracking for GWS was as though they had instructions from the AFL to do so.:mad:

Pickenitup
19-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Fox Footy is awesome it has been missed the last few years looking forward to Seeing Bob Murphy on
AFL 360 Every Tuesday Nite.
Only Negative is Dwayne Russell last nite he was disgusting

Chicago1
19-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Have to agree too. Their biased commentary and their blatant barracking for GWS was as though they had instructions from the AFL to do so.:mad:

I was able to watch the games last night via the AFL site for free. That's the only price I'd ever pay to listen to the biased crap that was dished out.

Of course, I hate anything FOX.

Doc26
19-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Early days for them and it is only pre season but pretty shoddy camera work, replays not yet to standard and as others have mentioned, the aggravation of listening to Dwayne Russell calling games will in all likelihood mean Fox becomes the second choice to Seven's coverage.

Had to laugh at Maguire's comment seconds prior to Conca hitting Adams during Friday night's opener that we wouldnt miss a thing on Fox referring to their expanded Etihad cameras. Could they find a camera that caught the incident with any clarity ? No.

The Adelaide Connection
19-02-2012, 08:11 PM
The combination of changing soccer clubs and now training on a Thursday (rather than Friday) and being able to watch the footy live rather than watching gardening shows has got my vote.

I am a bit sad that I don't have a Bulldogs themed Foxtel remote though. I might ring them and try to hassle them for one despite already having my contract locked in.

Remi Moses
20-02-2012, 05:25 PM
The 1st launch had a really good show with Jason Bennett hosting where they dragged up past stories that were huge. The Neil Sachse tragedy, the 89 merger, Peter Crimmins story.
Nice if they did something similar, also look at old winners or 7 Saturday night replays would be nice.

LostDoggy
20-02-2012, 05:25 PM
The combination of changing soccer clubs and now training on a Thursday (rather than Friday) and being able to watch the footy live rather than watching gardening shows has got my vote.

I am a bit sad that I don't have a Bulldogs themed Foxtel remote though. I might ring them and try to hassle them for one despite already having my contract locked in.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about those. We have been with Foxtel for YEARS, I think they should send a Bulldogs remote my way too!! :D

Ozza
20-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I hate the Fox Footy coverage - its putrid.

Shocking bunch of commentators. Dwayne Russell tops the list. Every single game - he just blatantly barracks for the home team (he always does interstate games). Add to this - he seems to have no idea what is going on. Take Saturday night for instance - before the game, the graphic went up about the rule where if the ball goes out of bounds - whoever disposed of it last would have the free paid against them. It took Dwayne 3 quarters of footy to take any notice of what was happening and he kept making comments about the umpire deeming it deliberate. He's a fool.

Gerard Healy is painful. Dermot is utterly obsessed with the sound of his own voice, and thoroughly believes he's the most intelligent, most accomplished footy judge going around. I'm not sure if Alistair Lynch and Glen Jakovich still have jobs - but I sure as hell hope I don't have to endure them barracking for their own former clubs, whilst having no idea about any of the players for other sides outside of the stars.

The camera work tends to be terrible also. And the pre-game is so amateurish.

Topdog
20-02-2012, 05:54 PM
It's live, it has no ad breaks, I love it.

Sedat
20-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Shocking bunch of commentators. Dwayne Russell tops the list. Every single game - he just blatantly barracks for the home team (he always does interstate games). Add to this - he seems to have no idea what is going on. Take Saturday night for instance - before the game, the graphic went up about the rule where if the ball goes out of bounds - whoever disposed of it last would have the free paid against them. It took Dwayne 3 quarters of footy to take any notice of what was happening and he kept making comments about the umpire deeming it deliberate. He's a fool.

Gerard Healy is painful. Dermot is utterly obsessed with the sound of his own voice, and thoroughly believes he's the most intelligent, most accomplished footy judge going around. I'm not sure if Alistair Lynch and Glen Jakovich still have jobs - but I sure as hell hope I don't have to endure them barracking for their own former clubs, whilst having no idea about any of the players for other sides outside of the stars.

Surely you're not casting dispersions on Der-wayne 'From the Paint' Russell?

Derm has changed his name via deed poll to '5 Day and 5 Night'.

Greystache
20-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Surely you're not casting dispersions on Der-wayne 'From the Paint' Russell?

Derm has changed his name via deed poll to '5 Day and 5 Night'.

In fairness so would I :D

Bulldog4life
28-02-2012, 09:39 PM

And you still have it.:confused:

Ozza
29-02-2012, 11:09 AM

I don't have it.

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I love it, Footy 24/7 is perfect and couldn't ask for anything more.

Won't be tuning into Eddies bs show though, they may aswell rename it to Channel Eddie.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Can't stand Dermie, Dwayne or Jakovich and Whately and Robbo are a waste is space. And I'm dreadi.g McGuire's New show.

However, the convenience of having 24/7 Footy and no ad breaks during live telecasts more than outweighs all of my above gripes.

neddie
29-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Agree,suggest you turn down sound

bornadog
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Forgetting some of the Dhead commentators, watching games in Full HD, ad free is fantastic.

Greystache
01-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Forgetting some of the Dhead commentators, watching games in Full HD, ad free is fantastic.

Agree, got mine connected yesterday and have watched almost exclusively the footy channel. Their commentary is shithouse, but the coverage is unparalleled in footy history.

Talking the the installers yesterday, they were saying they've had to fly down teams of technicians to keep up with demand. They would normally do 3-4 installations a week, at the moment they're being allocated 7 a day. Even working 15 hours a day they're falling behind.

LostDoggy
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We don't have Fox but must admit to be considering it this year! All your feedback is very informative.

Bulldog4life
04-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We don't have Fox but must admit to be considering it this year! All your feedback is very informative.

If you are a footy tragic MG, like myself and most on this board, to have a 24 hour footy channel is fantastic and worth getting FOX just for that reason!

Remi Moses
04-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Can't stand Dermie, Dwayne or Jakovich and Whately and Robbo are a waste is space. And I'm dreadi.g McGuire's New show.

However, the convenience of having 24/7 Footy and no ad breaks during live telecasts more than outweighs all of my above gripes.

Disagree about Whately. That show's the best by a fair margin!
Would like a show like ESPN's 30/30.

Hotdog60
04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I hate everything about FOX, but being interstate I can't live without it. (sport only)

LostDoggy
05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
If you are a footy tragic MG, like myself and most on this board, to have a 24 hour footy channel is fantastic and worth getting FOX just for that reason!

Yep, I guess you could say a bulldog tragic really (been a supporter for 48 years now - yikes that seems like such a long time!). I think Fox is the go this year, especially as we are moving north later in the year.

immortalmike
05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Apart from wanting to hurt each person on the commentary teams (except Brad Johnson) Fox Footy has been pretty good. Live footy is always nice and no commercials is awesome.

But seriously is Russel the best they can do as a commentator, he barracks, has very little feel for the game, uses horrible cringeworthy catchphrases like "from the paint" or "that's a gem", and brings up the most irrelevant information for absolutely no reason. The rest are a rag tag bunch of misfit former players who know very little about any team other than the one (or two) they used to play for or coach. Special mention also to Roos who seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Remi Moses
06-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Can't work out why they have player managers doing special comments?
Jakovich is hopeless, Lynch states the bleeding obvious!
Definitely need better personalities.

Hotdog60
12-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I jumped ahead to see if Fox was broadcasting any practice matches this week and it looks like they are not.

Being the footy channel I thought they could have used these games as a dress rehearsal for the season to iron out any bugs, must be too expensive.

Mitcha
13-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Absolutely disgaceful coverage of the Norf game on the weekend, was almost impossible to watch but I suppose some coverage is better than none at all.

bornadog
13-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Absolutely disgaceful coverage of the Norf game on the weekend, was almost impossible to watch but I suppose some coverage is better than none at all.

Fox have been doing the footy for a long time and that is the only time I have known for something to go wrong for a whole game.

So lets cut them some slack, because overall the coverage is pretty good and all in Full HD.

Greystache
15-03-2012, 02:09 AM
The replay of the game on foxtel has the audio working properly.

Hotdog60
23-04-2012, 08:28 AM
This might not be much, but should active opposition coaching staff be at games for Fox.

I know Fox is after a coaching point of view but there are plenty of ex coaches out there to comment. I know teams always have people spying on their up and coming opponents but would there be more benefit from the TV post and multiple camera angles than the standard TV coverage that ever one else sees. (targeting Eade, with Eddies help)

Maddog37
23-04-2012, 11:37 AM
One thing I have noticed is our game replays are on very low rotation. Checked this morning and they show several other matches a few times repeatedly over the next few days and we do not even get a look in. Also I set the timer a few weeks back for 3.30 in the morning for one of our games as it said in the guide and I got the Melb/Bris game. Even then the info strip was saying Bulldoges etc.

They treat us like poo.

Remi Moses
23-04-2012, 04:02 PM
How much did Dunstall have on Melbourne?
Adam cooney makes more of it( blood pours freely from his nose)!
Dwayne Russell? What more can you say

LostDoggy
24-04-2012, 01:36 PM
How much did Dunstall have on Melbourne?
Adam cooney makes more of it( blood pours freely from his nose)!
Dwayne Russell? What more can you say

Yeah, Cooney obviously milked it Dunstall. :rolleyes:

I had to switch off, they were pretty much barracking for Melbourne. :mad:

LostDoggy
29-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Fox have the gall to call the voice over people commentators. All Dunstall did was barrack. I never heard such bias commentating as today. Colbert's joke about the PM and a substitution was cringe worthy.
Did anyone mute the sound? Was ABC commentary an option?

Why do they think ex footballers must be commentators?

bornadog
29-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Fox have the gall to call the voice over people commentators. All Dunstall did was barrack. I never heard such bias commentating as today. Colbert's joke about the PM and a substitution was cringe worthy.
Did anyone mute the sound? Was ABC commentary an option?

Why do they think ex footballers must be commentators?

The first quarter barracking was so bad I almost rang the station to complain.

Remi Moses
29-04-2012, 03:02 PM
The tunneling by Ward on Dahlhaus was the worst.
First sighting was by Dunstall ( not much in it!) as Luke's body is chopped in half!!

LostDoggy
29-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Ruciutto is just awful

LostDoggy
30-04-2012, 11:30 AM
So that's 2 weeks in a row now Dunstall has blatantly barracked for our opposition. Very hard to listen to, I switched off last week v Melbourne & luckily was working on Saturday so missed the whole game.

jeemak
30-04-2012, 12:02 PM
The tunneling by Ward on Dahlhaus was the worst.
First sighting was by Dunstall ( not much in it!) as Luke's body is chopped in half!!

This made me so angy. I though it was clearly tunneling, as you could see Ward's eyes make contact with Dahl, he then braced for the bump and increased his momentum prior to contact.

AFL won't look at it.

Doc26
30-04-2012, 01:03 PM
It is a shame that Fox Footys excellent high def broadcast is compromised so terribly by its sound quality.

Dwayne Russell, Jason Dunstall and Campbell's commentary of games typically ends in perforation of my ear drums.

In the case of Russell and Dunstall the bias in their commentary is astounding and is the sole reason I often consider cancelling my Foxtel subscription.

kruder
01-05-2012, 05:01 AM
All you guys complaining about Foxtel I think you need to be reminded about Channel 7's sundays delayed coverage telecast in which they had 3 minute commercials after goals! Officially the worst sports coverage of all time IMO.

azabob
01-05-2012, 06:56 AM
All you guys complaining about Foxtel I think you need to be reminded about Channel 7's sundays delayed coverage telecast in which they had 3 minute commercials after goals! Officially the worst sports coverage of all time IMO.

Funny thing is channel seven have shown a few live Sunday games this year.