PDA

View Full Version : Family Day!!

ledge
25-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Just thought I would mention its on tomorrow!
Had some luck the other day, asked a question on the bulldog facebook site and won a junior membership, okay so I am not a junior and neither are my kids.

Decided to give it to my great nephew who is 12 and is a little autistic and his great love is the western bulldogs!

Went last week to pick it up and its a Dahlhouse clubhouse membership, they then informed me to take him to family day as he will be Christian Howards "buddy" for the year, this means he will be presenting Howard with a certificate, have photos with him and I believe they will be emailing each other during the year.

I am so over the moon for little Chris, cant wait, he is just such a cool kid will drive Christian nuts with emails :D

Going by the inter club match the other week I think their will be a big crowd.
Who is going?

strebla
25-02-2012, 12:11 PM
That's great ledge so happy for little Chris unfortunately the cricket club have the 50 dollar draw on Sunday so I am going to that.

Greystache
25-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks for letting us know about that Ledge, that's a fantastic initiative by the club.

ledge
25-02-2012, 03:24 PM
The story I got from the club was all Dahlhaus members would be buddied up with a player on Sunday.
In saying this I had the receptionist telling me because she does membership on Saturdays so not too sure if she is in the full know.

Eastdog
26-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I wasn't at the Family Day today but who went.

ledge
26-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Not as many as I thought would turn up, maybe the heat?
Great day Julia Gillard turned up, whether we like her as PM or not we cant escape the fact she loves this club.
Credit to her in a bit of a rough time.
Great to see Darcy he is always good for a laugh.
Jack Redpath is huge, Simon Garlick spent most of the day walking the oval talking to fans, he is good like that.
Oh and I am now a beetroot.

Eastdog
26-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Great day Julia Gillard turned up, whether we like her as PM or not we cant escape the fact she loves this club.
Jack Redpath is huge, Simon Garlick spent most of the day walking the oval talking to fans, he is good like that.

I think Darcy from the picture I have saw on the Bulldogs Facebook come via the channel 7 helicopter I believe someone said before the family day.

LostDoggy
26-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I wasn't at the Family Day today but who went.

A man and his dog, very disappointing crowd would be the smallest in the last 8 years and yes it has been this hot before.( No draw card Aker, Hall) first time coach.

Unfortunately we are in for a tough year, membership is struggling we will be lucky to pass 28k this year.

I hate the way people are only on board in the good times as soon as it looks like we maybe in for a tougher year people jump off, if you haven't signed up yet bloody do it!

ledge
26-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I think Darcy from the picture I have saw on the Bulldogs Facebook come via the channel 7 helicopter I believe someone said before the family day.

He certainly did

Rance Fan
26-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Tom Campbell looked a good size also!

Ozza
27-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I went along for a little bit. My son is only 16 months, so he's a little young to get involved in anything with the autographs/photos etc, but I just let him have a run around on the oval. Certainly wasn't a big crowd.

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 10:39 AM
A man and his dog, very disappointing crowd would be the smallest in the last 8 years and yes it has been this hot before.( No draw card Aker, Hall) first time coach.

Unfortunately we are in for a tough year, membership is struggling we will be lucky to pass 28k this year.

I hate the way people are only on board in the good times as soon as it looks like we maybe in for a tougher year people jump off, if you haven't signed up yet bloody do it!

I'm definitely onboard, 100%, but I didn't go to the Family Day as it was hot, there's not much there besides autograph lines a mile long (and which you can get far easier at training) and although I do like seeing the presentations, by that time of the day my feet were already up and I couldn't be arsed.

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I didn't go either - I already had plans. Plus, it's easier for me to go to the East Meets West day at Wesley College as it's much closer to home. Also, it's a smaller crowd & a more relaxed atmosphere with the players happy to mingle, get photos & sign autographs. :)

Maddog37
29-02-2012, 12:06 PM
The heat put me off as well as the travel and Sunday is a day of rest.

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 03:42 PM

I heard somewhere we were past 29,000 already?

Mantis
29-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I heard somewhere we were past 29,000 already?

Nah, we have just passed 22k.

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Cool, thanks.