PDA

View Full Version : MCC Membership

Eastdog
01-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I just wanted to started a thread about MCC Membership. Even though this thread is not directly Bulldogs related I was wondering if any WOOFERS have got one or are on the waiting list still. Im currently still on the waiting list. For the WOOFERS who are MCC members do you think you get good value out of it despite the Doggies not playing very much at the MCG.

westdog54
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
This thread would probably be more suited to the AFL talk board.

bornadog
02-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I have never considered joining the MCC as the only advantages I guess are whether you want access the facilities such as dining etc or want to go to more matches (other than seeing the dogs), or cricket.

The MCG is such a beautiful stadium that you can sit anywhere and enjoy the same view. I do get access on some days to the MCC area through my VRC membership.

Eastdog
02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I have never considered joining the MCC as the only advantages I guess are whether you want access the facilities such as dining etc or want to go to more matches (other than seeing the dogs), or cricket.

The MCG is such a beautiful stadium that you can sit anywhere and enjoy the same view. I do get access on some days to the MCC area through my VRC membership.

Yeah my uncle who is a half MCC Member and who is a Melbourne Supporter sometimes gets me into the MCC such as when Collingwood and Hawthorn played in the prelim final as my brother is a Collingwood supporter.

ledge
02-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah my uncle who is a half MCC Member and who is a Melbourne Supporter sometimes gets me into the MCC such as when Collingwood and Hawthorn played in the prelim final as my brother is a Collingwood supporter.

?? So he only gets to see half a game?

Eastdog
02-03-2012, 10:18 PM
?? So he only gets to see half a game?

I believe one difference between a full MCC Member and half MCC member is the Grand Final. Full MCC Members get in while Half MCC Members can go to all the finals and other events except the Grand Final.

Nuggety Back Pocket
02-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I just wanted to started a thread about MCC Membership. Even though this thread is not directly Bulldogs related I was wondering if any WOOFERS have got one or are on the waiting list still. Im currently still on the waiting list. For the WOOFERS who are MCC members do you think you get good value out of it despite the Doggies not playing very much at the MCG.

I have been a full member for 15 years but for WB members it's value is limited unless you are keen enough to watch some of the big games at the MCG when we are not competing and also if you are a keen cricket fan then you do have access to member facilities. It is a great venue if you support Collingwood given that they play at least 14 home and away games each year at the 'G'. My thinking is that it comes down to personal choice and whether you can see yourself using it enough to get sufficient value.

Before I Die
03-03-2012, 01:03 AM
I believe one difference between a full MCC Member and half MCC member is the Grand Final. Full MCC Members get in while Half MCC Members can go to all the finals and other events except the Grand Final.

It is called Restricted Membership not Half Membership. When you qualify for Full Membership the annual cost goes up to cover the Grand Final admission. Restricted members also don't have voting rights.

It would be cheaper for me to simply pay admission when I go to the G, but I wouldn't give up my membership. I plan to live there most weekends when I retire. :)

Eastdog
03-03-2012, 01:24 AM
It is called Restricted Membership not Half Membership. When you qualify for Full Membership the annual cost goes up to cover the Grand Final admission. Restricted members also don't have voting rights.

It would be cheaper for me to simply pay admission when I go to the G, but I wouldn't give up my membership. I plan to live there most weekends when I retire. :)

Thats right its called a restricted membership. Thanks for clearing that up Before I Die.

Eastdog
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
If you know someone who is in the MCC they can get you a guest pass to go in there. Ive done that a few times when Ive gone with my brother who is a Collingwood supporter as of course Im still on the waiting list. Its a shame the Dogs don't play more often at the MCG then you would get great use out of it. The facilitates in the MCC are very good. There is a pub there and a Red Rooster. I believe MCC Membership also has some links with Etihad as well.

Ozza
05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm an MCC member. I definitely get good value out of it. Particularly in 2008,09,10 when we were in 3 finals in each year.

Regardless of us being there - I always end up going to a few finals there, some neutral games during the year, a couple of days of the Test and the odd one dayer or twenty20 domestic occasionally straight after work if the Vics are playing a Thursday night or something like that.

Generally its a good social sort of thing - that other MCC member mates and I will get a bit of a group together and go in the dining room or long room for lunch/dinner and drinks.

Eastdog
05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm an MCC member. I definitely get good value out of it. Particularly in 2008,09,10 when we were in 3 finals in each year.

Regardless of us being there - I always end up going to a few finals there, some neutral games during the year, a couple of days of the Test and the odd one dayer or twenty20 domestic occasionally straight after work if the Vics are playing a Thursday night or something like that.

Generally its a good social sort of thing - that other MCC member mates and I will get a bit of a group together and go in the dining room or long room for lunch/dinner and drinks.

Are you a restricted MCC member or full MCC member Ozza.

Ozza
05-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Restricted still. Have been a restricted member for 11 years. Which doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference to me at this stage - as I haven't wanted to go to a Grand Final - and could get tickets elsewhere if the dogs made it before I become full member.

Eastdog
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Restricted still. Have been a restricted member for 11 years. Which doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference to me at this stage - as I haven't wanted to go to a Grand Final - and could get tickets elsewhere if the dogs made it before I become full member.

Still very good. My Uncle is restricted as well.

Eastdog
26-06-2020, 08:33 PM
Got an email in regards to MCC Membership. Was nominated way back in October 2004 so fall into the category now.

Email said:
The MCC Committee has determined the latest intake of Provisional members for the 2020/21 membership season.

Waiting list candidates who were nominated from April 1, 2002 to November 30, 2004 inclusive will be offered Provisional membership.

If you fall into this category, you will receive an offer of membership in mid-July.

Grantysghost
27-06-2020, 02:19 PM
Got an email in regards to MCC Membership. Was nominated way back in October 2004 so fall into the category now.

Email said:
The MCC Committee has determined the latest intake of Provisional members for the 2020/21 membership season.

Waiting list candidates who were nominated from April 1, 2002 to November 30, 2004 inclusive will be offered Provisional membership.

If you fall into this category, you will receive an offer of membership in mid-July.

Nice congrats. My nomination date is 2012 so gettingcloser !

Bulldog4life
27-06-2020, 04:42 PM

Email said:

Double post

Bulldog4life
27-06-2020, 04:44 PM

Email said:

We need more doggies games at the MCG Easty. ;)

Eastdog
27-06-2020, 08:20 PM
We need more doggies games at the MCG Easty. ;)

Yeah even though we don’t play there that much it comes in handy for those neutral games, finals games, cricket and other events there.

Eastdog
27-06-2020, 08:27 PM
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mcc-member-breakdown-as-of-31-08-18.1213515/

From Big Footy

August 31, 2018 - MCC breakdown for MCC supporters who nominated their team of support out of the 131,797 financial MCC members

No surprises there

Melbourne 22,932 - 17.4%

Essendon 17,792 - 13.5%

Collingwood 15,947 - 12.1%

Carlton 12,784 - 9.7%

Richmond 11,729 - 8.9%

Hawthorn 11,070 - 8.4%

Geelong 10,939 - 8.3%

St.Kilda 7,248 - 5.5%

North Melbourne 4,217 - 3.2%

Western Bulldogs 3,294 - 2.5%

Sydney 3,163 - 2.4%

Brisbane 3,163 - 2.4%

Other teams 1,845 - 1.4%

No team listed 6,853 - 5.2%

Eastdog
28-06-2020, 03:06 PM

So given your nomination year you’ll probably get an offer for provisional MCC membership in 2028.

Ozza
29-06-2020, 10:24 AM
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mcc-member-breakdown-as-of-31-08-18.1213515/

From Big Footy

August 31, 2018 - MCC breakdown for MCC supporters who nominated their team of support out of the 131,797 financial MCC members

No surprises there

Melbourne 22,932 - 17.4%

Essendon 17,792 - 13.5%

Collingwood 15,947 - 12.1%

Carlton 12,784 - 9.7%

Richmond 11,729 - 8.9%

Hawthorn 11,070 - 8.4%

Geelong 10,939 - 8.3%

St.Kilda 7,248 - 5.5%

North Melbourne 4,217 - 3.2%

Western Bulldogs 3,294 - 2.5%

Sydney 3,163 - 2.4%

Brisbane 3,163 - 2.4%

Other teams 1,845 - 1.4%

No team listed 6,853 - 5.2%

I'm an MCC member, and am a little surprised by this list. I know Essendon and Collingwood have huge supporter bases, but anectdotelly the matches with Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong have always seemed the busiest in the members.

As for the dogs only having 3,294 members - also surprisingly low. If I think of the Dogs/Hawks semi final in 2016 - it felt like a hell of a lot more in the members that night - so our supporters must have been quick to get a hold of visitors passes!!!

Eastdog
29-06-2020, 03:33 PM
I'm an MCC member, and am a little surprised by this list. I know Essendon and Collingwood have huge supporter bases, but anectdotelly the matches with Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong have always seemed the busiest in the members.

As for the dogs only having 3,294 members - also surprisingly low. If I think of the Dogs/Hawks semi final in 2016 - it felt like a hell of a lot more in the members that night - so our supporters must have been quick to get a hold of visitors passes!!!

There could be more Bulldog/MCC people possibly in the category no team listed (6,853 in that category)

Scraggers
29-06-2020, 03:50 PM

I'm 2009 ... five years to go maybe ??

Eastdog
29-06-2020, 04:24 PM
I'm 2009 ... five years to go maybe ??

Yeah probably another 5 years till you get that offer.

Axe Man
29-06-2020, 04:32 PM
When was the last intake? It's interesting that they just accepted 2.5 years worth of nominations in one hit.

Either there hadn't been an intake for a couple of years or there has been a drop off in membership through either natural attrition or perhaps financial pressures on members in the current climate?

Ozza
29-06-2020, 05:48 PM
When was the last intake? It's interesting that they just accepted 2.5 years worth of nominations in one hit.

Either there hadn't been an intake for a couple of years or there has been a drop off in membership through either natural attrition or perhaps financial pressures on members in the current climate?

It may be down to the adjusted categories that have come in the last 2-3 years. It used to be that there was either Restricted or Full memberships. Now that they have added 'Provisional' the club has probably taken some time to work out how many Provisional memberships they can offer/add to the overall active members.

Axe Man
29-06-2020, 06:25 PM
It may be down to the adjusted categories that have come in the last 2-3 years. It used to be that there was either Restricted or Full memberships. Now that they have added 'Provisional' the club has probably taken some time to work out how many Provisional memberships they can offer/add to the overall active members.

They let in a heap when they added the provisional membership category didn't they? I guess they may have adjusted to add even more.

I'm 2013 so still a while to go but probably not as long as it looked like being 7 years ago.

Eastdog
07-07-2020, 08:27 PM
Woofers MCC nominations dates projected offer for provisional MCC membership might change only an estimate

Eastdog - 2020
Grantysghost - 2028
Axe Man - 2029
Scraggers - 2025

Woof MCC members looking at this thread

Ozza
Nuggety Back Pocket
Before I Die

Eastdog
07-08-2020, 09:03 PM
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-fans-to-the-rescue-20200807-p55jgx.html

“The AFL, like the Melbourne Cricket Club, has reduced its annual subscription by some 30 per cent. The MCC will offer a further 30 per cent reduction to members suffering financial hardship - and has also had a relatively small drop-off, which is remarkable given the dearth of football at the MCG and Marvel”.

Eastdog
07-08-2020, 09:13 PM
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/mcc-offers-members-fee-relief-hardship-scheme-20200521-p54v8j.html

From May 2020

MCC offers members fee relief, hardship scheme

The Melbourne Cricket Club will offer a 30 per cent annual fee discount to its 130,000 members, and more if they can demonstrate financial hardship. For a full adult member, that represents a saving of at least $200.

In revealing the fee relief, president Michael Happell said: "We don't want someone who's temporarily in financial difficulty because of the crisis to have to give up something they waited 20 years to get and have to go back to the bottom of the waiting list again."

That waiting list presently is about 20 years and 215,000 people long.

"We've got such a large membership, and our membership is such a broad cross-section of Melbourne," said Happell. "Of our 130,000 members, I have no doubt there are many suffering financial hardship. If those getting JobKeeper are a certain percentage of the workforce, there's no reason to think it wouldn't be the same for our membership.

"Media tend to love the folklore of the MCC being this exclusive club. That's just rubbish. The only level of exclusivity comes from the long wait to join. We have members from all different walks of life, and we're very proud of that, and that's why we think it's really important that we have this hardship scheme in place."

In a letter to members on Thursday night, Happell said: "In normal circumstances, we would not offer specific relief to those in financial hardship, but we believe the extraordinary crisis we currently face does call for this."

Happell said the level of relief under the hardship provision had not yet been settled. "It will be material," he said.

The MCC has not put a figure on the likely cost of its discount scheme. Typically, about 40 per cent of the club's revenue comes from membership, the rest from games and events. In the near future, there will be less from one source and none from the other. Meantime, the club has stood down or reduced the hours of 80 per cent of its staff.

"Our revenue model is dramatically compromised as a result of the crisis and the revenue from managing the ground will not return in any significant form until crowds at games can return," Happell wrote to members. Elaborating to The Age, he said: "We have to make sure that no matter how bad things get, our club is healthy coming out the tail end of it."

As all sports bodies are striving to retain members while offering them less or nothing, MCC feels that it walks a doubly delicate tightrope because it runs both a vast club and a year-round ground. It provides not just games, but an all-purpose, all-seasons venue.

It means that in the last year, for instance, the club has spent about $50 million on upgrades to the sound system, the light towers and the Australian Sports Museum. It also means it is still carrying "very significant debt" from the rebuild of the Northern Stand for the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Mooted further work to refurbish the southern side of the ground will probably have to wait now.

"The fact that we manage the MCG and we do that in an integrated way with running the club is not well understood by the public, and is not well understood by a lot of our members," Happell said.

A further complexity is that MCC membership year is off-set from AFL and football club memberships years, running from September 1. It means current members already have had access to last year's footy finals and last summer's cricket. This explains why the MCC is offering a discount on next year's membership rather than a refund on this year's.

As well as discounts, the club is offering for the first time a payment plan. But it also hopes those who can afford it will waive the discount altogether.

No more than any other sporting body can the MCC predict what comes next but in Happell's letter to members, he concedes that live AFL games this year are "increasingly unlikely".

The status of the T20 cricket World Cup slated for October is also uncertain, but if there is a clash between it and the AFL grand final, Happell is clear. "We have a contract with cricket for the World Cup," he said. "If within the constraints of that contractual arrangement we can still accommodate AFL, we'll obviously try to do that."

Eastdog
29-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Going to the post office on Monday to lodge my MCC membership form as they need to verify your identity. There will soon be another Western Bulldogs member on WOOF joining the MCC as on the form as an option asks you your AFL team of support. When a Full member eventually will come in handy for those finals we play at the G.

Eastdog
31-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Going to the post office on Monday to lodge my MCC membership form as they need to verify your identity. There will soon be another Western Bulldogs member on WOOF joining the MCC as on the form as an option asks you your AFL team of support. When a Full member eventually will come in handy for those finals we play at the G.

MCC membership form lodged and paid now just to wait on the membership card in the mail.

Eastdog
25-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Got an email today welcoming me to the MCC as a provisional member. Membership card has been sent out but may be postage delays. Also there is reciprocal club rights with Marvel Stadium as well.

https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/reciprocal-club-rights/marvel-stadium

MCC members at Marvel Stadium - 2020 AFL season

ACCESS

MCC members are permitted to purchase one ticket for themselves and one guest ticket (subject to availability) to Level 2 Gold Reserve seating in the Centre Wing members’ area at Marvel Stadium for home and away matches. There are no access rights for AFL finals matches. Please note that Marvel Stadium’s ticket agency is Ticketmaster, not Ticketek.

Ticket prices are $55 for MCC members. Guest ticket prices are $75 (adults) and $25 (child 3-15 years of age).

Prices are inclusive of GST and Ticketmaster booking and service fees.
TICKET PURCHASE METHODS

Ticketmaster booking line 136 100
Ticketmaster outlets
Via Ticketmaster website at www.ticketmaster.com.au
Marvel Stadium ticket windows on match day, subject to availability.

MCC members must provide the valid barcode number located on their membership card when booking tickets by phone and website, or present their membership card for scanning when purchasing tickets at the designated Ticketmaster outlets or at Marvel Stadium on match day.

Purchase Centre Wing Tickets
TICKET PRE-PURCHASE PERIOD

Members will now be able to purchase tickets in the weeks leading up to matches - refer to the schedule below for on sale dates for each round of matches.

2020 Centre Wing On Sale Date Schedule

Instead of scanning the membership card at the turnstiles, MCC members must be in possession of a valid event ticket to enter Marvel Stadium.
MARVEL STADIUM FACILITIES

Members are entitled to utilise the following facilities at Marvel Stadium:
The Centre Wing Members' Bar - The Social Club - upon presentation of a valid Centre Wing event ticket
All retail outlets located within the Centre Wing area of Level 2
The LiveWire entertainment complex on Level 2, which includes The Studio Restaurant, Captains' Bar, EJ Whitten Bar and Legends Bar.

Members are entitled to pre-book a table in The Studio Restaurant for all home and away matches. Reservations can be made by calling 03 8625 7666.

Bulldog4life
26-09-2020, 09:35 AM
Got an email today welcoming me to the MCC as a provisional member. Membership card has been sent out but may be postage delays. Also there is reciprocal club rights with Marvel Stadium as well.

https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/reciprocal-club-rights/marvel-stadium

Well done Easty.

Eastdog
26-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Well done Easty.

Thanks B4L. In future years there will be a few more woofers as well joining who are currently on the waiting list.

Eastdog
13-10-2020, 11:52 PM
Got my Provisional MCC membership card today.

Next to renew my Doggies membership for 2021 when that updates.

jeemak
14-10-2020, 01:03 AM

You're a regular blue blood now Eastie! Make sure you remember us when you're voting to take over the world!

bornadog
14-10-2020, 10:25 AM
You're a regular blue blood now Eastie! Make sure you remember us when you're voting to take over the world!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/392797547623c699931e926e35b7ef8f/tumblr_o7gl4s4Bnn1v463zzo1_500.jpg

Twodogs
14-10-2020, 12:35 PM

Don't forget that promise you made to take me to the long room Easty.

What's that? You've forgotten already?

Eastdog
14-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Will be better when it is a full membership. Great access to finals and just to AFL other neutral games during the year given we don’t play at the G much. Also great for the cricket season and other events at the G.

Eastdog
14-10-2020, 01:34 PM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/392797547623c699931e926e35b7ef8f/tumblr_o7gl4s4Bnn1v463zzo1_500.jpg

Danny’s banners are great!

azabob
14-10-2020, 02:54 PM

Who dis? - Twodogs who?

Axe Man
14-10-2020, 02:59 PM

I thought he said he would take to you with a long broom if you ever approach him?

Twodogs
14-10-2020, 08:06 PM
I thought he said he would take to you with a long broom if you ever approach him?

No it was "Because I have a such a terrible memory for these things make sure to remind me that I asked you to the to the boxing day test. We will watch from the long room" as I remember it.

Actually all jokes aside I can't see any of us going to the MCG anytime soon.

Eastdog
12-03-2021, 09:05 PM
https://mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/visiting-the-members-reserve/visiting-the-members-reserve-for-the-2021-afl-premiership-season/#Fixture%20and%20ticketing%20information

TICKETING INFORMATION

The 2021 AFL Premiership Season fixture will be released in stages due to the potential impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the AFL has released the dates and timings of matches to Round 6, while also outlining the venues and teams for the further 17 rounds of the home and away fixture.

In another measure of the COVIDSafe Event Plan, members MUST pre-book a ticket to games of the 2021 AFL Premiership Season they wish to attend. There will be no walk-up opportunity for members.

Members will be allocated to the Members’ Reserve zone with a section, row and seat listed on a digital ticket sent by Ticketek. This ticket will not be for entry as members are still required to scan into the Members’ Reserve with their membership card, which will be activated upon securing a ticket. The Ticketek issued digital ticket will be used by event staff members to direct you to the correct seat.

Members will not be charged a fee to secure a ticket into the Members’ Reserve and booking tickets will be done on a first-in, first-served basis.

Due to contact tracing requirements under the Club's COVIDSafe Event Plan, tickets booked by a member cannot be transferred to another member.

Due to the capacity restrictions in the Members’ Reserve, all MCG event days have been categorised* according to the expected demand from members and their guests. These categories determine access that Full, Restricted and Provisional members have to the Reserve, as well as the ability for all categories of members to purchase visitor tickets and access dining facilities.

Match category Category information

1 Allows for Full and Restricted members access along with the ability to purchase one visitor ticket. Annual Guest Card holders are also permitted access.

2 Allows for Full and Restricted members access along with the ability to purchase up to two visitor tickets. Provisional members are permitted access with NO ability to purchase any visitor tickets. Annual Guest Card holders are also permitted access.

3 Allows for Full and Restricted members access along with the ability to purchase up to four visitor tickets. Provisional members are permitted access with the ability to purchase up to two visitor tickets. Annual Guest Card holders are also permitted access.

*Match category entitlements are subject to change, please refer to the website regularly for updates.

Visitor tickets

Visitor tickets are available to purchase in the quantities listed against each category.

Visitors may only enter the Members’ Reserve while accompanying the purchasing and attending member. Upon purchasing a visitor ticket, the purchasing member will receive a text message from Ticketek with the link to the digital visitor ticket. Unlike members, visitors will need to scan in using the QR code on the Ticketek issued digital tickets.

Below is the pricing for visitor tickets for the 2021 AFL Premiership Season. The ticket includes entry and a reserved seat.

Members No fee

Adult $51.00*

Child (6-14) $12.00*

Child (1-5) No fee*

Child (under 1) No fee* and no allocated seat

(Must be able to comfortably sit on the accompanying adult’s lap)

*Please note: A transaction fee of $3.15 applies when visitor tickets are included in a transaction via all sales channels, including the Membership Services office.

50-Year Member Access

The Club’s 50-Year members must book a seat via Ticketek into the Members’ Reserve or the 50-Year member only seating area (N42). Please note that tickets in N42 will be available on a first-in, first-served basis and there will be a limited number of seats available per match. Should capacity in this area be reached, 50-Year members will still be able to obtain a seat elsewhere in the Reserve (subject to capacity).

If 50-Year members wish to book tickets with another member (not a 50-Year member) or visitor, they will not be eligible to sit in N42 as this seating area is only available exclusively for 50-Year members.

The John Landy Room will have very limited capacity so we ask 50-Year members to respect the needs of some of our more elderly 50-Year members who may benefit from using the room and protecting themselves from the outside elements.

Accessible Seating and Companion Cards

To assist with a smooth and convenient entry, members with additional mobility needs along with 50-Year members are able to access the Members’ Reserve via the mobility impaired entrance to the far left hand turnstile at Gate 2. Please note that the Gate 2b entry will not be in use.

All accessible seating must be pre-booked. Reserved accessible seating, including wheelchair spaces for mobility-impaired patrons and their carers (with a companion card), is available only via Ticketek’s accessible booking line (1300 665 915), at agencies or in person at the Club in line with when tickets go on-sale.

Companions, of either a member or guest, receive free entry to the Members’ Reserve. For more details, please visit: companioncard.org.au

FIXTURE AND IMPORTANT DATES: ROUND 1 – 6

A. Ticket on-sale

B. Dining application

C. Match category

Round 1 Richmond v Carlton Thursday March 18, 7.25pm AEDT

MCC Gate opens at 5.00pm AEDT

A. Monday March 15 at 9.00am AEDT

B. Tuesday March 16, 9.00am – 7.00pm AEDT

C. 1

Round 1 Collingwood v Western Bulldogs Friday March 19, 7.50pm AEDT

MCC Gate opens at 5.30pm AEDT

C. 3

Round 1 Melbourne v Fremantle Saturday March 20, 1.45pm AEDT

MCC Gate opens at 11.30am AEDT

C. 2

Round 2 Carlton v Collingwood Thursday March 25, 7.20pm AEDT

MCC Gate opens at 5.00pm AEDT

A. Monday March 22 at 9.00am AEDT

B. Tuesday March 23, 9.00am – 7.00pm AEDT

C. 2

Round 2 Hawthorn v Richmond Sunday March 28, 1.10pm AEDT

MCC Gate opens at 11.00am AEDT

A. Monday March 22 at 9.00am AEDT

B.Tuesday March 23, 9.00am – 7.00pm AEDT

C. 2

Round 3 Richmond v Sydney Swans Saturday April 3, 1.45pm AEDT TBA TBA TBA

Round 3 Geelong Cats v Hawthorn Monday April 5, 3.20pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

Round 4 Collingwood v GWS GIANTS Saturday April 10, 7.25pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

Round 4 Melbourne v Geelong Cats Sunday April 11, 3.20pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

Round 5 Carlton v Port Adelaide Saturday April 17, 7.25pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

Round 5 Hawthorn v Melbourne Sunday April 18, 3.20pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

Round 6 Melbourne v Richmond Saturday April 24, 7.25pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

Round 6 Collingwood v Essendon Sunday April 25, 3.20pm AEST TBA TBA TBA

View fixture: 2021 AFL Premiership Season at the MCG

ACCESS AND COVIDSAFE MEASURES

All attendees will be required to check-in inside Gate 2, using the displayed QR codes via the Service Victoria app. The Service Victoria app is available to download from the Apple Store or on Google Play.

Moving forward, the MCG will operate as a cashless venue across all outlets and paper tickets have been removed from operations. Tickets will now be delivered digitally via Ticketek and must be displayed on a smart device.

Members are reminded to follow these simple directions to remain COVIDSafe when visiting the MCG:

- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly.

- Know when it’s time to bow out. Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.

- Protect the head. Please wear a fitted face mask when in congested areas (for example in food & beverage outlets, toilets and entering and exiting the venue).

- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.

The Members’ Reserve consists of four levels of seating within the Northern Stand and initially for the 2021 AFL Premiership Season will operate at 50 per cent of its capacity.

As outlined in the Club’s endorsed COVIDSafe Event Plan, the MCG will be broken into five sections to assist with capacity management and contract tracing. The Members’ Reserve, accessible via the Cordner Entrance at Gate 2, near the corner of Jolimont Terrace and Jolimont Street, will operate as its own zone (Zone 2). The exception to this is that the Jim Stynes Grill will be in Zone 3, as it is situated in the Olympic Stand zone. This means members and their guests won’t be able to move to other parts of the MCG once they have entered the Members’ Reserve zone. If a member is successful in securing access into the Jim Stynes Grill, they will need to remain in that facility throughout the course of the match and will not be granted access into the Members’ Reserve zone.

Download map: Members' Reserve

MEMBERSHIP EXPECTATIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT

Members and their guests are expected to observe a standard of behaviour that is socially acceptable and in keeping with the standards befitting the Club.

The Club’s Code of Conduct has been developed to help provide clear guidance on the expected standards and behaviours.

Membership cards are for individual use only and are strictly non-transferrable under any circumstances. It is the members’ responsibility to ensure their card is secure at all times. Misuse of membership cards may result in suspension or expulsion from the Club. Random checks of photo ID membership cards will be undertaken at the turnstiles and throughout the Reserve during the season.

Members who lose, damage or have their membership card stolen must notify the Club as soon as possible. Unless a police report is provided in the event of a stolen card, a $25.00 fee is payable for a replacement card.

RECIPROCAL ACCESS

The MCG and the Members' Reserve will operate at reduced capacity for this year's AFL season in accordance with the Victorian Government's COVID-19 guidelines. Regrettably, we will therefore not be in a position to offer access to the Members' Reserve to members of our reciprocal overseas, interstate or domestic clubs and venues for the first six rounds of the season.

This also applies for MCC members wishing to attend reciprocal clubs and venues including Marvel Stadium. After this time a review will be conducted and we will provide an update of any changes.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience.

Eastdog
16-03-2021, 08:48 PM
Ticket redeemed for Friday night in the MCC reserve up on Level 4. Go Dogs!

Eastdog
18-05-2021, 10:13 PM
https://www.facebook.com/170346213020/posts/10157974822528021/?d=n

Great to have our oldest member, Trevor Burgess, at the MCG last week for a feature with the Herald Sun.

At 104 years old, the Western Bulldogs fan has seen his team win two premierships from the stands of the MCG.

Photos | David Caird, Herald Sun

1eyedog
19-05-2021, 11:59 AM
My son and I are 2-3 years away from provisional membership. Will be useful for finals I suppose.

Eastdog
19-05-2021, 12:01 PM
My son and I are 2-3 years away from provisional membership. Will be useful for finals I suppose.

Yeah we don’t play at the G that often but yeah useful for neutral games you may want to go to at the G and finals games when we play at the G. Also if you are a cricket fan great for the test match and one day matches there as well.

Grantysghost
19-05-2021, 12:02 PM
https://www.facebook.com/170346213020/posts/10157974822528021/?d=n

Great to have our oldest member, Trevor Burgess, at the MCG last week for a feature with the Herald Sun.

At 104 years old, the Western Bulldogs fan has seen his team win two premierships from the stands of the MCG.

Photos | David Caird, Herald Sun

Great story Easty, my mum in her 80s has also seen our two flags live. Was a privilege to take her to the 2016 match.

Eastdog
19-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Great story Easty, my mum in her 80s has also seen our two flags live. Was a privilege to take her to the 2016 match.

104 years old. The oldest member of the MCC. Happens to be a Dogs supporter.