View Full Version : NAB Cup Round 2 Squad

bornadog
01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Western Bulldogs v Carlton
Sunday 4 March, 2012
Etihad Stadium
5.40pm (local time)

Ticketing

Tickets for this match are now available for purchase through Ticketmaster. Tickets can be purchased online by visiting Ticketmaster Online, by calling 1300 136 122 or via any Ticketmaster outlet.

Seating

Level 2 will be allocated as reserved seating and therefore anyone wishing to sit on Level 2 will be required to purchase a Level 2 reserved seating ticket.

General admission areas will be allocated on Level 1 and Level 3.

Prices

General Admission Level 2
Adult $21.15 $32.35
Concession $15.15 $26.35
Junior U15 $3.95 $8.95
Family* (with 4 Juniors) $42.30 $84.70
Family* (with 3 Juniors) $42.30 $79.70
Family* (with 2 Juniors) $42.30 $74.70
Junior Under 6 $0.00 $6.45

The Western Bulldogs squad for NAB Cup Round 2 has been announced ahead of Sunday's game at Etihad Stadium.

There are five additions from the Round 1 hit out including the key inclusions of Brian Lake, Adam Cooney and Shaun Higgins.

Jason Tutt and Andrew Hooper have also been given the call up while Michael Talia and Zephaniah Skinner have been omitted.

The full NAB Cup Round 2 squad is as follows:

Round 2, NAB Cup

Western Bulldogs v Carlton

1 JARRAD GRANT
2 ROBERT MURPHY
3 MITCH WALLIS
4 DANIEL CROSS
5 MATTHEW BOYD
7 SHAUN HIGGINS
8 PATRICK VESZPREMI
10 EASTON WOOD
12 TOM WILLIAMS
13 DANIEL GIANSIRACUSA
14 CLAY SMITH
15 JASON TUTT
16 RYAN GRIFFEN
17 ADAM COONEY
19 LIAM JONES
21 TOM LIBERATORE
22 DYLAN ADDISON
23 JORDAN ROUGHEAD
25 RYAN HARGRAVE
27 WILL MINSON
29 TORY DICKSON
30 CHRISTIAN HOWARD
36 BRIAN LAKE
37 LUKAS MARKOVIC
40 LUKE DAHLHAUS
41 ANDREW HOOPER
42 LIAM PICKEN
48 MATTHEW PANOS
49 AYCE CORDY

bornadog
01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I can't stand the Carlton supporters, so will watch this at home. Last time we played them at Eithad in an NAB, Carlton supporters were standing up and high fiving each other - at a practise match:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
01-03-2012, 07:42 PM
So still no Gilbee and Sherman.
Others missing Fletcher Roberts, Daniel Pearce, Mulligan, Djerkurra, Tom Hill, Moles and Dale Morris,

The Bulldogs Bite
01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
So still no Gilbee and Sherman.
Others missing Fletcher Roberts, Daniel Pearce, Mulligan, Djerkurra, Tom Hill, Moles and Dale Morris,

Not the best of signs for Moles. Missed both games -- really needs to consolidate himself if he's to remain on the senior list, and so not being considered for practice games is a worry.

ledge
01-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Didnt Djerkurra break his hand in intra club game?

LostDoggy
01-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Not the best of signs for Moles. Missed both games -- really needs to consolidate himself if he's to remain on the senior list, and so not being considered for practice games is a worry.

I have a feeling Moles might be injured from the intra club.

Whats the story with Gilbee and Sherman?

Go_Dogs
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Looks a fairly strong squad, and probably close to the squad (bar injured players who are missing) from where the best 22 will be selected.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
I have a feeling Moles might be injured from the intra club.

Whats the story with Gilbee and Sherman?

Gilbee strained his calf a week before the intra club, I believe. I think they said he'd return week 3 or 4 of the NAB Cup.

Sherman injured his finger? Not sure when, or how long he's out for.

Remi Moses
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I can't stand the Carlton supporters, so will watch this at home. Last time we played them at Eithad in an NAB, Carlton supporters were standing up and high fiving each other - at a practise match:rolleyes:

One of them got on SEN last Sunday and complained about the umpires after the NAB Cup.:eek:
It's the NAB cup for Christ sake

Sockeye Salmon
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
My little bloke is playing at half time

bornadog
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM

What great thrill for him and you

LostDoggy
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Filling in for Coons? :)

Sockeye Salmon
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Filling in for Coons? :)

He's more outside than Eagleton ever was.

Desipura
02-03-2012, 02:21 PM
He's more outside than Eagleton ever was.

Like father like son?

jazzadogs
02-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Moles' partner gave birth the day after (or day of, can't quite remember) our first NAB game, so I figured that's why he wasn't considered for that one.

Hopefully, for his sake, he is injured at the moment otherwise it's not a great sign.

Also surprised Skinner was omitted, given he was one of our most impressive in NAB 1.

Ghost Dog
02-03-2012, 03:12 PM
All eyes on Lake, Cdawg and Higgo.

Greystache
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Moles' partner gave birth the day after (or day of, can't quite remember) our first NAB game, so I figured that's why he wasn't considered for that one.

Hopefully, for his sake, he is injured at the moment otherwise it's not a great sign.

Also surprised Skinner was omitted, given he was one of our most impressive in NAB 1.

I'm surprised about that one as well. I wouldn't have thought we'd be worried about managing his work load at this stage. I thought we might see him and Grant going head to head for the tall utility position.

Mantis
02-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm surprised about that one as well. I wouldn't have thought we'd be worried about managing his work load at this stage. I thought we might see him and Grant going head to head for the tall utility position.

In a sense he has been replaced by Hooper which gives a few too many small forwards and not enough talls. It will be interesting to see how we structure up.

Sockeye Salmon
03-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Like father like son?

I was too slow to have the luxury of being outside

Bulldog4life
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Didn't play for Willy in their practice match either so looks like he might be injured.

kruder
04-03-2012, 12:19 PM
No Tutt again? Hooper In? Confused

Hotdog60
04-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Tutt is listed to play, did I miss something.

Before I Die
04-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Tutt, Hooper and Panos all played for Williamstown on Friday with Tutt coming off early with a possible hamstring. I can't imagine any of them will front up again today. Not sure what your source is?

kruder
04-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Tutt, Hooper and Panos all played for Williamstown on Friday with Tutt coming off early with a possible hamstring. I can't imagine any of them will front up again today. Not sure what your source is?

I'm just confused why Tutt hasn't been involved in the first few matches? Anyone know If he had a setback prior to the Willi game?

How Wallis can be ahead of Tutt makes the mind boggle....

The Bulldogs Bite
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm just confused why Tutt hasn't been involved in the first few matches? Anyone know If he had a setback prior to the Willi game?

How Wallis can be ahead of Tutt makes the mind boggle....

I was about to post something similar.

Tutt has a set of attributes we lack: he's quick, he's got skill and he kicks goals.

Disappointing that he's not getting the development he needs.

Bulldog4life
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Tutt has a set of attributes we lack: he's quick, he's got skill and he kicks goals.

Although we are unaware of what goes on behind closed doors and the reasons why they might be playing one player before another.

Dry Rot
04-03-2012, 05:41 PM
What are the rules for this game? 4 quarters? Length of a quarter?

LostDoggy
04-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Although we are unaware of what goes on behind closed doors and the reasons why they might be playing one player before another.

Of course, it's confusing when you don't know the internal goings on.
I'm just disappointed as Tutt has shown a little bit and we desperately need his type, I've been really looking forward to watching him play.

Ves is another we should be playing as much as possible, he potentially could have a breakout year just around the corner.

Wallis looks very slow and has shown very little so far imo, and Hooper is lucky to be on the list.

Hotdog60
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm still confused the team list I have Tutt is still playing. Listed on the Roar review posted 17 mins ago.

Western Bulldogs

1. Jarrad Grant, 2. Robert Murphy, 3. Mitch Wallis, 4. Daniel Cross, 5. Matthew Boyd, 7. Shaun Higgins, 8. Patrick Veszpremi, 10. Easton Wood, 12. Tom Williams, 13. Daniel Giansiracusa, 14. Clay Smith, 15. Jason Tutt, 16. Ryan Griffen, 17. Adam Cooney, 19. Liam Jones, 21. Tom Liberator, 22. Dylan Addison, 23. Jordan Roughead, 25. Ryan Hargrave, 27. Will Minson, 29. Tory Dickson, 30. Christian Howard, 36. Brian Lake, 37. Lukas Markovic, 40. Luke Dahlhaus, 41. Andrew Hooper, 42. Liam Picken, 48. Matthew Panos, 49. Ayce Cordy

LostDoggy
04-03-2012, 06:12 PM
What are the rules for this game? 4 quarters? Length of a quarter?

The quarters are slightly shorter than normal aren't they? The rules
are the usual pigs breakfast ..you get penalised if you drag the ball in
under another player in an attempt to win a holding the ball,
opposition receives a free if you are the last to kick or handball it before it goes over the boundary, video umpires for goal line disputes, 9 pointers etc.

Dry Rot
04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
The quarters are slightly shorter than normal aren't they? The rules
are the usual pigs breakfast ..you get penalised if you drag the ball in
under another player in an attempt to win a holding the ball,
opposition receives a free if you are the last to kick or handball it before it goes over the boundary, video umpires for goal line disputes, 9 pointers etc.

Thanks

GVGjr
04-03-2012, 06:23 PM

There might be more to it than him not getting the development. Is he still on a strength building program that might not have him match fit just yet?