PDA

View Full Version : Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man'

Daughter of the West
22-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man' treated like a 'demigod'

AFL loudmouth Jason Akermanis has attacked the late Jim Stynes as a "nasty man in his day'' who was being treated like a "demigod".

In an explosive radio interview with Mix 92.7 FM on Queensland's Sunshine Coast today, the former three-time Premiership-winning player said the public outpouring of sympathy and grief at the passing of Stynes, who lost his battle with cancer on Tuesday, was "overkill," the Daily Telegraph reported.

Stynes has been lauded as an inspirational player on and off the field, recognised for his youth work with the Reach Foundation.

He is expected to be honoured at a State funeral in Melbourne on Tuesday, before his ashes are returned to his home town in Ireland.

But Akermanis is unlikely to be among mourners, after telling breakfast hosts Mark Darin and Caroline Hutchinson Stynes "was a nasty man in his day. He had a nice turn of phrase and he made sure you knew how he felt.
"What amazes me is yes, he was a legend of the game and did a great job and wonderful things with kids, but you know there are a bunch of people who have done just as much who don't get any recognition. I just think it's a bit out of kilter.''

"He got a State funeral - do all football players get a State funeral? There's something about it all that just made me feel uncomfortable. Jim's good but is he that good?''

Akermanis was making his season debut on the station, part of the Southern Cross Austereo network.

More: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/jason-akermanis-attacks-late-jim-stynes-saying-he-was-a-nasty-man-treated-like-a-demigod/story-e6frfmqi-1226307243326

:eek:

There are no words....

LostDoggy
22-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man' treated like a 'demigod'

:eek:

There are no words....

Now the whole world knows what sort of a mented moron this bloke is.

jeemak
22-03-2012, 04:45 PM
He is a moron.

Drunken Bum
22-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't like Aker and the way he said it was wrong, calling him a "nasty man" was stupid and insensitive but i think this part of his statement was the point he was trying to make and i kind of agree

[B]"What amazes me is yes, he was a legend of the game and did a great job and wonderful things with kids, but you know there are a bunch of people who have done just as much who don't get any recognition. I just think it's a bit out of kilter.''

"He got a State funeral - do all football players get a State funeral? There's something about it all that just made me feel uncomfortable. Jim's good but is he that good?''

That being said, he went about it the wrong way and pretty much deserves all the crap that is going to come his way over this just for being stupid enough to say it the way he did

FWIW i don't know everything that Stynes did, maybe he does deserve a state funeral, i don't know, i just believe that there would be many people more deserving of state funerals for work they have done with communities/humanity whatever that don't receive anywhere near this recognition because they aren't/weren't a famous footballer.

BulldogBelle
22-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Not 100% sure what he achieves by making these comments?

I have seen the previews for Celebrity Apprentice with Aker wearing our old jumper (with robo dog)

Wish he would ditch our jumper and put on the old Lions jumper that he was successful in

Dont want our club being associated in anyway with him

Ozza
22-03-2012, 05:46 PM
It's all about Aker as usual.

Make a headline grabbing remark with abhorrent timing so everyone remembers that he exists.

No class.

Don't defend him. You can't possibly.

Jim Stynes' cancer battle and subsequent death has had an enormous impact on the State. We don't need to be debating whether or not he should get a state funeral - is there a certain number of boxes that need to be ticked? Do we look back and evaluate whether EJ should have gotten a State funeral?

I can't begin to imagine what goes through Aker's mind.

"Oh but its refreshing, in this day and age - that someone speaks their mind". Give me a spell.

LostDoggy
22-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Not defending him, if he didnt like him just keep your mouth shut while people mourn him. However its true there is a touch of that Chaser sketch-When people die, they never did anything wrong.

Bulldog4life
22-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I have thought for a while that Aker really did have a screw loose. Now I know for sure.

LostDoggy
22-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, it just confirms what a seriously mis-guided individual he is. Aka you have crap timing ........ And not many brains!

Greystache
22-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Good old Aker, just continues to make friends.

LostDoggy
22-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh my god. Really, Aker? Really?

Prince Imperial
22-03-2012, 06:54 PM
More of the same. It's unbelievable so many of our supporters took his side against Eade, Smorgon, Rose, Johnson et al when there was obviously such a massive problem with his mouth.

chef
22-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Why do we still care about that git?

Scraggers
22-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Apparently just been sacked by the radio station too.

Remi Moses
22-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Probably taken out of context .
Just verifying his spot as the biggest moron that ever existed.

Dancin' Douggy
22-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I love that. 'taken out of context'.
It was a long, considered relaxed interview Aker gave.
Now he's blaming his daughter as well, saying he was under pressure and had to get her to creche.

At least people who were saying the Bulldogs treated Aker badly might finally get it.
He's toxic. And he can't stop himself.

Ghost Dog
22-03-2012, 10:17 PM
From now on, I just ignore anything with Jason Akermanis in it. The guy is anti social.

Sedat
22-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Akermanis has made the Jim Stynes story all about Akermanis. That is how he rolls. Plenty of people were prepared to pot Brisbane when they sacked him (I stand guilty as charged on that score). Plenty of people did likewise when we sacked him. Even today there are mindless acolytes that are fervently justifying his actions and words from earlier today. The words are actually irrelevent, as is the discussion about whether Stynes deserves a state funeral. Akermanis weighed into this discussion purely to feed his burning desire for attention, of which he hasn't had too much lately since being thrown onto the MTR scrapheap. Using the tragic and premature demise of a wonderful life lived to its fullest to get some cheap and nasty publicity is a reflection of the Akermanis modus operandi.

I'm very much looking forward to his new best mate and fellow MTR scrapheap victim Sam Newman vigorously defend him tonight on TFS in front of Garry Lyon. I suspect that this 'friendship' will last shorter than any of Newman's marriages.

cinder
22-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Aker has serious problems. Making his so called living from putting down others and badmouthing people is bound to catch up to you, and whilst we at the Bulldogs have spurned him for some time, he's finally managed to seriously p*** off the footy community as a whole. Just shows his lack of understanding of what Jim Stynes has done outside of football and the impact he's had on so many people lives. Also very disrespectful of the family that is still in mourning and preparing for the funeral.

bornadog
22-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Came out on the News tonight and apologised for what he said. But as usual, didn't think before he spoke and then he has to apologise.

cinder
22-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Only apologised because of the backlash he has received. So transparent, Aker!!

GVGjr
23-03-2012, 12:17 AM
He was once again hunting a headline and simply picked the wrong target.
He's behaved in a disgraceful manner and should be ashamed that his comments have hurt the family. Any company that puts him on air is doing themselves no favors.

He's a smart guy but far to intent on trying to place himself in the spotlight at the expense of others. I'm sick of him.

BulldogBelle
23-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Derryn Hinch's editorial on his website about him was quite interesting, here's the link..

It starts off with.....What a pig of a man.

An Arrogant Ackermaniac (http://www.humanheadline.com.au/Hinch-Says/An-Arrogant-Ackermaniac)

He did wrong today - it won't be forgotten.

Topdog
23-03-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't like Aker and the way he said it was wrong, calling him a "nasty man" was stupid and insensitive but i think this part of his statement was the point he was trying to make and i kind of agree

That being said, he went about it the wrong way and pretty much deserves all the crap that is going to come his way over this just for being stupid enough to say it the way he did

FWIW i don't know everything that Stynes did, maybe he does deserve a state funeral, i don't know, i just believe that there would be many people more deserving of state funerals for work they have done with communities/humanity whatever that don't receive anywhere near this recognition because they aren't/weren't a famous footballer.

He has been named Victorian of the year and Melbournian of the year.

I think once you are recognised twice by your state a state funeral is OK. He was also given an Order of Australia. These awards don't even take into consideration his quite public battle with cancer and the emotional roller coaster this state went through with it.

jeemak
23-03-2012, 02:18 AM
He was once again hunting a headline and simply picked the wrong target.
He's behaved in a disgraceful manner and should be ashamed that his comments have hurt the family. Any company that puts him on air is doing themselves no favors.

He's a smart guy but far to intent on trying to place himself in the spotlight at the expense of others. I'm sick of him.

I would be interested to know if you've read any of his books?

His first book was given to me as a present by my father. I read it, even though I can't stand sporting bio's (Jesus I wish my father and I talked on a deeper level in those days to avoid such shocking gift exchanges, but that's another story that should probably reserved for another web site that offers a virtual couch ;)).

Aker is a man with moderate intelligence, although none of the emotional kind. He is not smart, in fact he is completely ignorant towards any topic that does not involve him receiving some form of gratification coupled with an endorphin release.

You're right that he has behaved in a disgraceful manner. If anything positive can out of his comments it's that he is one step closer to retreating into oblivion. Society doesn't need people like Aker commenting on social matters.

LostDoggy
23-03-2012, 02:36 AM
I just ignore anything with Jason Akermanis in it. .

Except for threads about Aker?:D

Ghost Dog
23-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Except for threads about Aker?:D

.........from now on! ( LOL ) promise!:D

JohnGentStand
24-03-2012, 09:46 PM
.........from now on! ( LOL ) promise!:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyMidget
Except for threads about Aker?

.........from now on! ( LOL ) promise!

I didnt see any point to this thread until this.....GOLD!! :)

ratsmac
25-03-2012, 05:33 PM
One word explain to explain Aker - TWAT!

mighty_west
04-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I love that. 'taken out of context'.
It was a long, considered relaxed interview Aker gave.
Now he's blaming his daughter as well, saying he was under pressure and had to get her to creche.

At least people who were saying the Bulldogs treated Aker badly might finally get it.
He's toxic. And he can't stop himself.

There is no such thing as taken out of contaxt in ragards to Jason, everytime he speaks, it's a complete open book, it's all black and white, it's as clear as day, so i wasn't sure where he was coming from there.

He was on radio up here in Brisbane a few weeks back speaking with Jules Lund on B105, he came out with all that garbage of being taken out of context blah blah, by the end of it he was all apologetic, saying what he said was shit, so to completly change his tune midway through a radio interview says it all really.

Jules at the end of it told him to really keep his head down for quite some time, Aker was a complete shell of himself by the end of it, Aker really has alot of issues, he's just not normal.