PDA

View Full Version : New Members

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The Coon Dog
19-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I have noticed that there seems to be an influx of new members to WOOF over recent weeks.

That's very encouraging & recognition should go out to go to the mods & regular contributors for setting up this site & keeping it functioning in a decent manner.

Welcome aboard newbies & hope you enjoy this site.

As long as it maintains it's high standards I'm sure you will.

Won't be that long till member #100 joins.

The Underdog
19-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks Coon Dog from one newish type.
It's good to be able to read intelligent discussion of Dogs and football related topics.
I enjoy the fact that I can read through threads and learn things on this site. There's some very astute observations by people who are smarter football watchers than I. All free of the hysteria and histrionics that seem to be enveloping another site of which I won't speak. It's great to be on board. I hope to be able to contribute and also develop my own understanding of our team and the way we play.
Who knows maybe one day I'll be able to step back a little when I'm watching us rather than being totally shall we say, emotional :o
Cheers.

Go_Dogs
19-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Only if we're going to be even minded ourselves and throw in a Cooney or Griffen to make the deal fair.

LostDoggy
19-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks TCD, I like this site, although sometimes I don't like to post things incase I sound stupid...I'm used to being the only person who knows anything or cares about footy at school, so it's a bit weird.

GVGjr
19-09-2007, 06:13 PM
It's great to have a few new folk signing up. Southerncross, Dry Rot, Twodogs and myself try and contact all the new people with a welcome letter but it would be great if all the new folk would post something here first.

LostDoggy
21-09-2007, 12:35 PM
If you guys want to find the old cards, ebay generally has different cards from the 70's & 80's for sale and some have a picture that you can save down to your own machine, then upload back onto the website.

It certainly bought back all those memories of being a kid and heading off down the shoop with 20cents to buy a pack.
Chewing the gum on the way home and checking which ones you had & which ones you could swap or use in the old "flicks" game against the wall to hopefully win some more cards off other kids. :D

LostDoggy
24-09-2007, 11:54 PM
As a newbie, it's great to jump on board.
Have read with interest a few sites, but none measure up to this site.
Good subject matter, constructive, no bitching, no simulated swearing (not a prued - but all ages access these sites), and most of all, we're all wanting 'success' for the 'Dogs'.

Dry Rot
25-09-2007, 12:17 AM
As a newbie, it's great to jump on board.
Have read with interest a few sites, but none measure up to this site.
Good subject matter, constructive, no bitching, no simulated swearing (not a prued - but all ages access these sites), and most of all, we're all wanting 'success' for the 'Dogs'.

Welcome DD. Look forward to your contributions.

LostDoggy
25-09-2007, 01:29 AM
'Hi my names Beuts2blame. I like jazz music and walks on the beach.'

LostDoggy
25-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I was actually going to wait until somebody guessed what it was :)

But i should stress now, i don't actually believe in the things this symbol stands for, i just had a picture of it on my comp that was avatar size :)

Mofra
27-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Note - Interesting fact, did you know that the Japanese have a word for the that sound! As in its own word, not just 'crashing waves on the shore' but '*insert word here*. Well at least i find that quite interesting.
Is that like Innuit Eskimos having 31 different words for snow & ice, due to their natural environment?

Twodogs
28-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Is that like Innuit Eskimos having 31 different words for snow & ice, due to their natural environment?

Being a Bulldog supporter, my natural envoiroment has provided me with about fifty different ways of expressing frustration.

westdog54
29-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Being a Bulldog supporter, my natural envoiroment has provided me with about fifty different ways of expressing frustration.

I reckon I've heard about 20 of them aimed at Adrian Anderson and 'Napoleon Dynamite' while playing RecFooty.

Dogs 24/7
30-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Long time listener first time caller.Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

BulldogBelle
30-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Long time listener first time caller.Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Dogs 24/7, welcome to WOOF! :)

LostDoggy
02-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Is there a way to know you have new pm's without going to check every day?

Like what bf has in the top right hand corner?

The Coon Dog
02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Is there a way to know you have new pm's without going to check every day?

Like what bf has in the top right hand corner?

I get an email borgy, informing me that I have a PM. Also when I log on or post something I get a 'pop up' advising of a PM.

Go to usercp, then edit options, under Messaging & Notification check the bottom 2 boxes.

GVGjr
02-10-2007, 06:11 PM
I get an email borgy, informing me that I have a PM. Also when I log on or post something I get a 'pop up' advising of a PM.

Yep that should do it and thats how my set-up works.
I know some like to have them switched off but it works fine for most.

LostDoggy
02-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Yeah i get that email too but i only check my emails once a week:o

I had a PM yesterday but didnt get the pop up? Sometimes i have, other times i havent

LostDoggy
13-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone,
er, i'm new and hope to have some decent conversations about the boys I love (the Dogs, of course) with like-minded supporters!

Sophie.

BulldogBelle
13-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone,
er, i'm new and hope to have some decent conversations about the boys I love (the Dogs, of course) with like-minded supporters!

Sophie.

Welcome to WOOF Sophie - look forward to reading your posts. :)

The Coon Dog
17-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Next member becomes the 100th. Who is going to crack the ton?

Rocket Science
17-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Gday all, tremendous online resource this, nice find indeed...pleased to help swell the rookie ranks.

Fancy that, cracked the ton too.

Rocket Science
17-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Cheers Dry Rot.

Ahhh yes, the BHAStard certainly got his due this year, albeit in the absence of serious competition. We need a few more of the Bhastard's ilk.

On the off chance the BHAS is also accepting new members, consider me on board.

EDIT: Gday Ern...while roughly familiar with the band, it's more of a nod to this feller on the right:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7315/01658524685900am2.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01658524685900am2.jpg)

GVGjr
17-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Gday all, tremendous online resource this, nice find indeed...pleased to help swell the rookie ranks.

Fancy that, cracked the ton too.

Great to have you on board

Dry Rot
17-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Cheers Dry Rot.

Ahhh yes, the BHAStard certainly got his due this year, albeit in the absence of serious competition. We need a few more of the Bhastard's ilk.

On the off chance the BHAS is also accepting new members, consider me on board.

New members of the BHAS are always welcome, and how could we refuse someone with an avatar like that? :)

BTW, BH knows of the BHAS and found it very amusing.

Brian is such a worthy winner of the B&F that I reckon it was rigged against him in recent years.

Bulldog Revolution
17-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Brian is such a worthy winner of the B&F that I reckon it was rigged against him in recent years.

When he got up on stage to collect the B&F they played this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lev3io0WqHM

and a good portion of the crowd sang the chorus

Dry Rot
17-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Excellent. For some reason that reminds me of Georgie Fames' Yeh Yeh,

Saw him once at the Basement - good fun.

BulldogBelle
17-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Welcome to WOOF Rocket Science. Look forward to reading your contributions. :)

Ipaidmy200in89
23-10-2007, 10:28 AM
I have not been here for sometime and got a friednly reminder this morning so i thought I best post a hello from me to all of you.

BulldogBelle
23-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I have not been here for sometime and got a friednly reminder this morning so i thought I best post a hello from me to all of you.

Welcome back Ipaidmy200in89, look forward to reading your contributions and hello back! :)

The Underdog
24-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I meant to post this at some point when I joined but obviously forgot but I'm Ruiner on BF. Try not to hold that against me...

The Underdog
24-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Didn't know where to put this, but I just picked up Year of the Dogs on DVD for $10.
I can't wait to watch it again...I'll spew up:)
That and London Calling for $10 too, sweet.

Bulldog4life
26-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi all, Just joined yesterday and another who was pointed into the "right direction" by The Coon Dog.

Read some great Posts here already.Looking forward to 2008! Go Doggies.

The Coon Dog
26-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi all, Just joined yesterday and another who was pointed into the "right direction" by The Coon Dog.

Read some great Posts here already.Looking forward to 2008! Go Doggies.

Welcome aboard B4L & look forward to your contributions on here, where you opinions are at least respected...even if they are crap! :D

Chicago1
04-11-2007, 02:31 AM
About time I got the invite! Thanks, Carl.

Can't post more... I'm heading off to the finals of the Amateur World Boxing Championships which are being held here in Chicago. I guess I'm really desperate for watching sport, huh?

Twodogs
04-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Can't post more... I'm heading off to the finals of the Amateur World Boxing Championships which are being held here in Chicago. I guess I'm really desperate for watching sport, huh?

I recognise each of those words but the combination of them makes no sense to me. It's almost as if you are saying that's theres a point we could reach where there's too much sport.

The Underdog
04-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Welcome Chicago 1, good to have another Cubs fan on here. My avatar was Alfonso Soriano for a while, he disappeared around game 3 of the D'backs series. Slightly later than in real life:D

soupman
05-11-2007, 11:35 AM
G'day, I joined yesterday. For those who haven't made the connection I'm soupaman from Bigfooty (and various other forums).

GVGjr
05-11-2007, 11:39 AM
G'day, I joined yesterday. For those who haven't made the connection I'm soupaman from Bigfooty (and various other forums).

Welcome aboard.

Chicago1
05-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Welcome Chicago 1, good to have another Cubs fan on here. My avatar was Alfonso Soriano for a while, he disappeared around game 3 of the D'backs series. Slightly later than in real life:D
Next year is our year. I can feel it in my bones. Or maybe it's just the bloody cold weather.:p

Cubs Convention(in January) tickets go on sale Saturday over the Net. Getting one is almost like getting a World Series ticket. I haven't been to Wrigley in 43 days. :( Why do my two favourite sports have their seasons at the same time? The winter here is sooooo boring.

Chicago1
06-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Is anyone else creeped out by Chicago1's picture?

My avatar is actually animated but is too large for this site. I use it on an ex-pat's site.

Here's the original:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/BULLDOGgum1.gif

This was my Halloween avatar this year:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/doglobster1.jpg

The Underdog
06-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Next year is our year. I can feel it in my bones. Or maybe it's just the bloody cold weather.:p

Cubs Convention(in January) tickets go on sale Saturday over the Net. Getting one is almost like getting a World Series ticket. I haven't been to Wrigley in 43 days. :( Why do my two favourite sports have their seasons at the same time? The winter here is sooooo boring.

That's alright I've only been to Wrigley once, in 98. Sosa hit 3 homers against the Brewers. Kerry Wood was pitching, I think it was his first year and he was white hot. It was the year he struck out 20 against the Stro's. It was a good day to see the Cubs.
I loved Chicago as a city too. Saw Wilco play a secret gig at Lounge Ax. Pulled at the House of Blues...
Probably the wrong time to mention I follow the Lions in the NFL though:D
(It started from a Barry Sanders love thing)

LostDoggy
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Thought I'd join the strength and sign up. I notice this site is quite a fan of mine with the footy card pic at the top of the page. I might have to scan that in as my avatar. I played with the tricolours as we were then known way back in the early 1900's and was once described as a 'positive lion in stamina and an artist at judgement.' We won a premiership in 1908, I'm hoping there might be a repeat in 2008!

Dry Rot
06-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Thought I'd join the strength and sign up. I notice this site is quite a fan of mine with the footy card pic at the top of the page. I might have to scan that in as my avatar. I played with the tricolours as we were then known way back in the early 1900's and was once described as a 'positive lion in stamina and an artist at judgement.' We won a premiership in 1908, I'm hoping there might be a repeat in 2008!

Good to see that they have broadband at your nursing home. ;)

Welcome to WOOF Joe.

The Coon Dog
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM

Here you go Joe & welcome to WOOF. Incidently I went to school in Braybrook & one of the guys I went there with was named Joe Marmo. Tough boy too!

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/images/joemarmo.jpg

BulldogBelle
06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey Joe,

As DR wrote welcome aboard to WOOF. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact one of the Mods.

Don't worry about DR he is just jealous he doesn't have broadband at his nursing home. ;)

The Coon Dog
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Speaking of avatars, when I see a post from someone, it tends to make it easier for me to recall who it was that posted it by their avatar, so come one newbies, be creative & come up with an avatar, just to help me out, tho it's not compulsory, just nice, except Twodogs, whose is so big you have to look closely to find his post! :D

There are some here: Avatars (http://woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1167)

LostDoggy
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I have just joined thanks to the Coon Dog telling me about this site.

Good to see positive doggies fans here .... and a jolly good woofing to you all!

Throughandthrough
08-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Greetings all from sunny Adelaide, cheers for the invite.

Twodogs
08-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Welcome aboard T&T. Hope you enjoy the site.

The Coon Dog
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Our newest member is Esranit, odd name, that is until you read it backwards! ;)

Big Will
13-12-2007, 01:01 PM
I am also new to WOOF. It's great to read all about the team, especially during the preseason, so a big thank you to those who attend training and keep us all updated :)

The Coon Dog
20-12-2007, 09:52 PM
It would be great if a few of the newbies could add their two bob's worth. At present most of the contributions are from about the same 25-30 people.

I know it's the off season & things can be a little dull, but if we all try to contribute it might not be as dull.

Obviously you don't have to, but it would sure be nice to read some different pieces.

hujsh
21-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but why should anyone be deleted just because they aren't as active as others and who are you to suggest so?

It's more that if they don't make a contribution (two months sounds about right) then they aren't really a member and they can just browse. It won't make a difference to them because they aren't replying. But I'm for letting them explain if they have been busy of something.

GVGjr
21-12-2007, 07:43 AM
There is a process we follow that encourages our members into being contributors and from time to time we do clean up inactive accounts. It's well in hand.

The Coon Dog
21-12-2007, 08:39 AM
There is a process we follow that encourages our members into being contributors and from time to time we do clean up inactive accounts. It's well in hand.

Thanks for that. I'd much rather have those 'inactive' members turn into 'active' members than have then deleted. I guess the ball's in their court.

hujsh
21-12-2007, 11:04 PM

I would expect this forum to take care of that stuff easily. It's pretty well done

ledge
29-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Hello Coon dog
Hey its me the old primary school and ex opening partner in cricket, finally got to register but im a bit computer illiterate on this site so will have to surf it a while and get the hang of it! Did i make it 100???:D

DOG GOD
23-01-2008, 06:37 PM
welcome to the new members. Your joining a great bunch of supporters here.

hujsh
23-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Has anyone seen the 3d seat viewer for members choosing their seats. Very impressive and realistic. Do other clubs have this?

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
G'day all

Looking forward to talk, debate everything Footscray.

Go Dogs!

Pembleton
19-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello to everyone. I already know a number of people who post on here, and some have encouraged me to register (especially a space travelling canine), so here i am. Go Dogs.

ledge
19-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey if we advertise enough maybe we can compete with the bulldog membership! Are all people on this site members? im not yet but by friday night at Telstra i will be!

The Underdog
19-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey if we advertise enough maybe we can compete with the bulldog membership! Are all people on this site members? im not yet but by friday night at Telstra i will be!

I thought we were rabid exclusionists trying to keep this an insular hidden society, holding ourselves to a higher standard and keeping our noses in the air above the waft of the tripe from other sites.
Of course I got in, so you know, there's faults in every system...

Welcome Pembleton too, any reference that makes me think of Homicide- Life on the Streets can only be a good thing.

hujsh
19-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Melbourne native, lifetime doggies fan & member, occasional Bigfooty poster from a few years back, now living in Sydney and have joined after a chance meeting with DryRot at a pub watching the game last Friday night. The first Doggies supporter I have met in 20 months of Harbour City life!

GO DOGS!!!

G'day and welcome! Show them Sydneysiders what real supporters look like

Dry Rot
19-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Melbourne native, lifetime doggies fan & member, occasional Bigfooty poster from a few years back, now living in Sydney and have joined after a chance meeting with DryRot at a pub watching the game last Friday night. The first Doggies supporter I have met in 20 months of Harbour City life!

GO DOGS!!!

Welcome to WOOF Dogfather.

You'll find that the elite posters here are from Sydney. ;)

ledge
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Back to the point how many members have we got on this site now , and welcome to everyone , its a cool site full of news and of course some humour and laughter, im enjoying it immensely and have even found an old mate who sadly supports Liverpool. Guess who??

hujsh
01-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Back to the point how many members have we got on this site now , and welcome to everyone , its a cool site full of news and of course some humour and laughter, im enjoying it immensely and have even found an old mate who sadly supports Liverpool. Guess who??

Members: 153

Would love to know how this site started and how members have caught on. Maybe a history of the WOOF thread?

hujsh
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
We could tell you but then we'd have to kill you.;)

It's always the way.:rolleyes:

I'll search the first threads for any info:p

The Coon Dog
01-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Members: 153

Would love to know how this site started and how members have caught on. Maybe a history of the WOOF thread?

One of the reason it caught on was people wanted a site where they could talk about the Bulldogs, exchange points of view, discuss issues etc... without being personally attacked.

I must say the mods here are so much better than those on BF! :D

1eyedog
30-03-2008, 01:56 PM
G'day, just found this thread (at the top of the page:p) but been so excited about Bulldog news these past weeks only just got around to posting here. I'm John and live in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, Bulldog supporter for 36 years as I was born in Footscray and Dad and his four brothers all Bulldogs. Really love the forum and the points of view from all you Bulldog fans so thanks for the initial welcome GVGjr. All the best and Dogs for Premiers 2008.

Desipura
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I met someone famous on the weekend, the one and only CoonDog. Was great to meet you CoonDog, good bloke to boot!
I have seen your face over the many years I have been going to the footy so you were not totally foreign to me.

Beast
09-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Hello WOOFers ... I am a new member. Having grown up in QLD, moving to Melbourne via Switzerland 12 years back, I'm a relative newcomer to AFL and have established a dogbond late in life. Because I'd long disdained spectator sport it was with some dismay that I found that my emotional state has become synchronized with the doggernaut. It commenced at Princes Park in the 90's where I had gone to inspect a game of AFL. The thing that I can recall is Nicky Winmar grabbing a ball from a seething mass of bodies near the goal, swerving, dodging and shooting it between the middle two sticks. It was impressive and exciting, although I didn't really understand what was going on. Most of the time, I still don't. It wasn't love at first sight - I flirted with other teams before becoming terminally obsessed with the only team that counts. For the past 3 years I've been a member and have attended most of the dog's home games. My favorites are the come-from-behind win over Adelaide in 06, the finals win against Collingwood in 06, and the St Kilda win Rd 3 08. Nowadays, my semi-psychotic attachment to the dogs is unconditional - win, lose or draw. If they're there for me, I'm there for them.

One last thing - I'd like to implore FDOTM to design a whacky T-shirt for us folk riding the doggernaut. Could it be sold/distributed by the club?

The Coon Dog
09-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Beast & welcome

Great idea for FDOTM, tho he's too caught up in the world of the corporate high fliers, I doubt he's even got time for us folk (probably wouldn't even know we existed), but you're right, a WOOF t-shirt designed by his eminence appeals to me!

The Coon Dog
13-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Just a thought, but should usernames for new members to WOOF be vetted to ensure they aren't too similar to existing members? Just noticed our newest newbie is westdog, not to be confused with westdog54.

Apart from that, welcome westdog.

GVGjr
13-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Just a thought, but should usernames for new members to WOOF be vetted to ensure they aren't too similar to existing members? Just noticed our newest newbie is westdog, not to be confused with westdog54.

Apart from that, welcome westdog.

A PM was sent along that very line. All new members are vetted and recently one had his named changed because it was too close to another existing member.

ledge
24-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Seems we are starting to get a few members now, shows what a good site we have.
Welcome to everyone who has joined after me and thank you to all the people i have met on here and conversed with.
May it continue along these lines.
Also would like to say i posted a thread on here about 50 mtr penalties being ridiculous nowadays, well today i read paper and a bloke named Sheahen has written an article on it, makes me think this site is read by people of some sort of media pull, which proves even more how much this site is respected.

The Underdog
24-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I'd also like to welcome the newest member, someone called Rick Kennedy. Nice to have you here, if there's anything you need to know about the club TCD can help you...

Bumper Bulldogs
29-04-2008, 08:52 PM
G'Day to all the Woofers,

Good to see you are all in good voice. I had joined a couple of weeks ago, but went on holiday to South Australia for 2 weeks.

Well I can say I did the wrong thing joining prior to going away as it only wetted my appetite for more information.

Keep barking and I'm sure you will be able to provide feedback on my future postings.

P.S keep an eye out as you may see me on TV with two kids when they interview the Bulldog players ect: at home games.

Dogs are a Pumping!!!!

Bumper Bulldogs

Dancin' Douggy
29-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Iive gotta say how much I love this site. Thanks for putting it together for us.
I don't even bother with any other site. Not even the Official Dogs site. Keep up the good work. Much appreciated.

The Coon Dog
08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Another warm welcome to some of our recent newbies, including a couple of former greats who donned the red, white & blue, no & I'm not talking about you strebla, even if you did get your photo splashed across the back of the Herald Sun with Mick Malthouse in the 1980's!!

GetDimmaBack
13-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I also need to thank everyone for their warm welcomes and to TCD for introducing me to WOOF. Like MS, I love the atmosphere here!

ledge
23-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah Coon does all the recruiting but sometimes he lets his guard down and lets vegies in.

strebla
23-05-2008, 01:12 PM
seems that TCD does all the recruiting for this site.....should ban Strebla though he's no good!!:)

There are those that say he takes after his big brother
Welcome W M

The Pie Man
29-05-2008, 11:48 PM
G'day all - just thought I'd follow the unofficial initiation for newbies via this thread and introduce myself. Looking forward to getting involved guys - I'm spewin I missed 6 weeks of wins (and a draw) while on honeymoon recently, has been a much better start to the year than I anticipated (not sure what you all thought pre Adelaide round 1, I was very nervous) I'll take Sunday's loss after 7 1/2 wins over a loss round 1 and loss of momentum/confidence it may have meant should Bock have kicked it!

BulldogBelle
29-05-2008, 11:59 PM
G'day all - just thought I'd follow the unofficial initiation for newbies via this thread and introduce myself. Looking forward to getting involved guys - I'm spewin I missed 6 weeks of wins (and a draw) while on honeymoon recently, has been a much better start to the year than I anticipated (not sure what you all thought pre Adelaide round 1, I was very nervous) I'll take Sunday's loss after 7 1/2 wins over a loss round 1 and loss of momentum/confidence it may have meant should Bock have kicked it!

Welcome to WOOF rhnbtlr, good to have you onboard. Grab those 6 games you missed chill out on the couch and watch them and get ready for the next 6 wins. ;)

GVGjr
30-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I just noticed that a member titled Choco Royal joined the site. Is it coincidence that Choco is the 199th member?

Mofra
31-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I just noticed that a member titled Choco Royal joined the site. Is it coincidence that Choco is the 199th member?
Jeez - what's the fella going to do when he gets to 299 posts :confused:

hujsh
15-06-2008, 09:49 PM
You could try it Buddy style.

If his career goes the way of Warwick Cappers then there could be a Buddy style eventually

Scraggers
28-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Seems to have been a huge spike in new members in the past few days. Welcome to all the newbies!!

Thanks TCD ...

Great website with intelligent conversation about the BEST team in the world ...

Hi Honey, I'm Home !!!

I love this site ... thank you to whom ever created it !! ;)

Desipura
22-07-2008, 01:51 PM
speaking of pubs, the Lord of Isles was a good place to have a drink before the game. Even managed to speak to Ted Whitten jnr who happened to be in the Pivotonians with yours truly along with Merv Hughes. Ian Cover hosted the function. Other than the result, a good day was had!

lemmon
11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi fellas, new member but i use bigfooty a bit. Looks like a good site, thanks for the invite.

GVGjr
11-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome to all the new folk, great to have you on board.

The Coon Dog
12-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi fellas, new member but i use bigfooty a bit. Looks like a good site, thanks for the invite.

Seems we've had a few join up recently who have been posters on BF.

Glad to have you over here, hope you enjoy it & contribute positively.

BulldogBelle
13-11-2008, 12:50 AM
A big welcome to all our new members, if you have any questions or queries feel free to send a PM. :)

angelopetraglia
29-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the invite.

Fantastic looking site, well done to all involved.

I have been in footy hibernation since the GF, but the draft has awaken me from my slumber.

Looks like we have gone very tall in the draft, just waiting for the headline in the next few years when hopefully Grant, Cordy, Roughhead and Jones are all playing,"Bulldog talls provide a challenging match up and monster their opposition!" wouldn't that make a nice change.

strebla
15-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks DH, for those unsure about the interviews, go to the Legends & Larrikins Forum.
(http://www.woof.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

Coon dog Maybe you should call him Hawk as DH just looked wrong

BulldogBelle
29-12-2008, 11:23 PM
This is my 1st year as a member (thanks to my footy mad boyfriend) so i would like to get my moneys worth lol! oh yeah.......... jump on Grif for the brownlow :-)

Jaytee, welcome to WOOF. :)

BornInDroopSt'54
08-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the reports guys, they are oustanding. It's great to know the team has such supporters with excellent knowledge and perception. I'm an old dog, now in Frankston and unlikely to make it to pre-season training, but am straining at the bit at the prospect of us improving on 08 with improvements out of Griffen, Williams, Higgins, Johnno, Hill and others.
I'll be happy if the only reports I get are off this forum, because it'll mean no injuries.

Twodogs
14-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the reports guys, they are oustanding. It's great to know the team has such supporters with excellent knowledge and perception. I'm an old dog, now in Frankston and unlikely to make it to pre-season training, but am straining at the bit at the prospect of us improving on 08 with improvements out of Griffen, Williams, Higgins, Johnno, Hill and others.
I'll be happy if the only reports I get are off this forum, because it'll mean no injuries.

Welcome aboard. Were you really born in Droop st? I was born in Byron st.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes born in Droop St, Used to kick a plastic footy with Ricky Spargo, brother of Bob. when he and I were about 6 or 7. They lived in the Fire Brigade Flats. Both of them played for the Dogs. We would wander down to the Western oval, and had the occasional kick on the ground with Ted Whitten Jnr in 1960.

ledge
18-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes born in Droop St, Used to kick a plastic footy with Ricky Spargo, brother of Bob. when he and I were about 6 or 7. They lived in the Fire Brigade Flats. Both of them played for the Dogs. We would wander down to the Western oval, and had the occasional kick on the ground with Ted Whitten Jnr in 1960.

Oh the old plastic footy, then they bought out the coloured rubber ones you could kick a mile, were much more road friendly and didnt break your foot when you kicked the pointy end.
Bring back those rubber coloured footys I say

BulldogBelle
18-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi there everyone,

Just thought i would introduce myself, i have been following the dogs for my whole life, which is 24 years. I was born a Bulldog and wouldn't have it any other way, so many great memories this club has given me over the years & i wouldn't trade them for any other sporting club in the world.

Welcome aboard to WOOF - JH40,

Well said - thank you for the great introduction, you will fit in very nicely here on WOOF.
If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to ask! :)

hujsh
21-01-2009, 11:47 PM
It's like listening to the 4 diago's on SEN with Carlos Alberto & co.

True.

Desipura
22-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Hola everybody. My work colega Pedro told me about all the WOOFters on this site and we are very much looking forward to following the big Chihuahua's this year.

Adiós for now amigos.

Jose.

What is more interesting is being called a "woofter" not that there is anything wrong with that!:D

LostDoggy
22-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Hola everybody. My work colega Pedro told me about all the WOOFters on this site and we are very much looking forward to following the big Chihuahua's this year.

Adiós for now amigos.

Jose.

What is more interesting is being called a "woofter" not that there is anything wrong with that!:D

I'm happy to be referred to as a WOOFter...on the condition there is a flag in it for me!!

Scraggers
24-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm happy to be referred to as a WOOFter...on the condition there is a flag in it for me!!

If I don't shave or get a hair cut for 3 months, does that make me a Wooly Woofter ??

Happy Days
25-01-2009, 02:06 AM
If I don't shave or get a hair cut for 3 months, does that make me a Wooly Woofter ??

I think it just makes you hairy.

NoParkingOnMatchDays
27-01-2009, 11:46 PM
My wife doesn’t understand why I go to the footy every week yet still get home and watch the game a few more times on TV. She doesn’t understand when I get all excited and giggly when I see a player down the local shops. She falls to the floor and fakes unconsciousness and or death when I talk about Gia’s knee, the real meaning of Cooney’s tattoo or why I wrote to Rocket to tell him that I could help Crossy kick it at least another 3 metres with a small change in technique.

People at work looked at me a bit strangely when I mentioned that you have time off for things like having children –why couldn’t you take time off for something more important like interstate games.

I was starting to feel different, odd, a bit weird, until I stumbled across this site and found I was not alone. Unlike other clubs I’ve joined where I had to crawl around in rooms smelling of urine and vomit wearing nappies and womens underwear this place feels right.

Thanks for letting me join up.

BulldogBelle
27-01-2009, 11:55 PM
I was starting to feel different, odd, a bit weird, until I stumbled across this site and found I was not alone. Unlike other clubs I’ve joined where I had to crawl around in rooms smelling of urine and vomit wearing nappies and womens underwear this place feels right.

Hey NoParkingOnMatchDays,

Enjoyed reading your OP post very amusing. Welcome aboard to WOOF, never a dull moment in here. :)

soupman
28-01-2009, 12:31 AM
NoParkingOnMatchDays has got to be the coolest username on this site. Welcome aboard.

LostDoggy
28-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Welcome NoParkingOnMatchDays..great debut post. And yep, youve found the most obsessed of the obsessed on this board :D

Sockeye Salmon
29-01-2009, 12:32 AM
My wife doesn’t understand why I go to the footy every week yet still get home and watch the game a few more times on TV. She doesn’t understand when I get all excited and giggly when I see a player down the local shops. She falls to the floor and fakes unconsciousness and or death when I talk about Gia’s knee, the real meaning of Cooney’s tattoo or why I wrote to Rocket to tell him that I could help Crossy kick it at least another 3 metres with a small change in technique.

People at work looked at me a bit strangely when I mentioned that you have time off for things like having children –why couldn’t you take time off for something more important like interstate games.

Not really. No different to the rest of us.

PS. I kinda liked the whole nappy's and women's underwear thing. Couldn't get into the goat, dwarf and the toothbrush bit though; I'll leave that to Twodogs.

Twodogs
29-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Not really. No different to the rest of us.

PS. I kinda liked the whole nappy's and women's underwear thing. Couldn't get into the goat, dwarf and the toothbrush bit though; I'll leave that to Twodogs.

You dont know what you are missing out on.

The Underdog
03-02-2009, 10:33 AM
You dont know what you are missing out on.

As long as it's your toothbrush...and goat.

LostDoggy
13-02-2009, 02:37 PM

I was starting to feel different, odd, a bit weird, until I stumbled across this site and found I was not alone. Unlike other clubs I’ve joined where I had to crawl around in rooms smelling of urine and vomit wearing nappies and womens underwear this place feels right.Thanks for letting me join up.

Sounds like my cricket club!! welcome to WOOF NPOMD!!

LostDoggy
13-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Would like to welcome the third member of our Tribe "Forward Glory" to WOOF. Cool username...any meaning to it?

The Coon Dog
13-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Would like to welcome the third member of our Tribe "Forward Glory" to WOOF. Cool username...any meaning to it?

3 out of 4 isn't too bad, just need the intellectual one now.

LostDoggy
13-02-2009, 06:36 PM
She falls to the floor and fakes unconsciousness and or death when I talk about Gia’s knee, the real meaning of Cooney’s tattoo or why I wrote to Rocket to tell him that I could help Crossy kick it at least another 3 metres with a small change in technique.

I particularly like this bit.

Welcome! And please keep me amused with more posts like that!

ledge
13-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Are we being invaded again?
Took me 17 years to get away now your all haunting me on this website??

CrushonChocka
14-02-2009, 12:08 PM
hey everyone
I was a member early last year but can't remember my username or email address so I'm back to square one!
I'm a mum of 3 kids - the eldest is 17 and not really interested in footy now, although he was when he was younger. My 11 is bulldog MAD and my 17 month old loves playing with the footy but her dad and I are going to let her pick her team once she's older, with LOTS of influence from big brother and mum LOL
Anyway its good to be back

The Adelaide Connection
05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey all, I know that this thread is about the Woof memberships but I thought it might be the most appropriate place to post this. Last year on the club website there was a very detailed downloadable document that gave a clear run down on the various club membership options and their inclusions. At the moment the membership info on the site is very limited and vague and I was hoping someone with a connection to the club may know when this will be updated etc or where I can access the more detailed version for this year.

I am an interstate fan (suprising from my username I know) but I am looking for a membership that places me in the right category to be able to purchase GF tickets should (when ;)) the Bulldogs make it.

Cheers

The Coon Dog
05-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey all, I know that this thread is about the Woof memberships but I thought it might be the most appropriate place to post this. Last year on the club website there was a very detailed downloadable document that gave a clear run down on the various club membership options and their inclusions. At the moment the membership info on the site is very limited and vague and I was hoping someone with a connection to the club may know when this will be updated etc or where I can access the more detailed version for this year.

I am an interstate fan (suprising from my username I know) but I am looking for a membership that places me in the right category to be able to purchase GF tickets should (when ;)) the Bulldogs make it.

Cheers

Hope this helps. It's from a brochure I picked up at the club recently. Refer Country Long Distance & welcome to WOOF. We are starting to get numbers up in the City of Churches.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/scan1.jpg

The Adelaide Connection
05-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks Coon Dog, that is exactly the info I wanted to know (the social club add on part with guaranteed ticket access). It is pretty suprising that they haven't got all the info on the site yet.

Dazza
17-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks to the moderator that sent me a Pm as I signed up. For some reason i couldn't find the reply button? nevermind... Anyway i found this site through *shudder* bigfooty and so far it seems alot better and far more detailed about williamstown games which I'm very happy about. Glad to be onboard.

LostDoggy
18-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey guys thought I would Sign up and join in the fun for the new season. Cant say Im a rabid poster on forums but I love the discussion and the great information you guys have on this sight so you may see me post a little bit.

Lets hope the Dogs have a great 2009

cheers

BulldogBelle
18-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey guys thought I would Sign up and join in the fun for the new season. Cant say Im a rabid poster on forums but I love the discussion and the great information you guys have on this sight so you may see me post a little bit.

Lets hope the Dogs have a great 2009

cheers

Welcome aboard to WOOF Doglee - yes we have a great bunch of people on here & heaps of interesting things to read - I look forward to reading your posts. Won't be long till you are a rabid poster in here. ;) If you have any questions send us a PM.

LostDoggy
24-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Happy to be part of the forum. Looking forward to watching our team and club go from strength to strength and leave our old stigma behind :)

Same as what this lad has said, who is a good mate.

:cool:

Excited about the year ahead, but with the usual Bulldogs supporting trepidation.

The Coon Dog
29-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Again, welcome to all the newbies. Just to push my own barrow for a moment (Gee I feel like FDOTM now) there is a forum called Legends & Larrikins here containing interviews with former player.

Here is the link:

Legends & Larrikins (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

The following players have been interviewed:

* Simon Atkins
* Simon Beasley
* George Bisset
* Brian Cordy
* Matthew Croft
* Todd Curley
* David Darcy
* Danny Del-Re
* Paul Dimattina
* Jim Edmond
* Greg Eppelstun
* Peter Foster
* Geoff Jennings
* Robert Groenewegen
* Doug Hawkins
* Rick Kennedy
* Tony Liberatore
* Stephen MacPherson
* Michael McLean
* Andrew Purser
* Laurie Sandilands
* Jim Sewell
* Kelvin Templeton
* Steve Wallis
* Peter Welsh
* Terry Wheeler

Scraggers
29-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Again, welcome to all the newbies. Just to push my own barrow for a moment (Gee I feel like FDOTM now) there is a forum called Legends & Larrikins here containing interviews with former player.

Here is the link:

Legends & Larrikins (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

The following players have been interviewed:

* Simon Atkins
* Simon Beasley
* George Bisset
* Brian Cordy
* Matthew Croft
* Todd Curley
* David Darcy
* Danny Del-Re
* Paul Dimattina
* Jim Edmond
* Greg Eppelstun
* Peter Foster
* Geoff Jennings
* Robert Groenewegen
* Doug Hawkins
* Rick Kennedy
* Tony Liberatore
* Stephen MacPherson
* Michael McLean
* Andrew Purser
* Laurie Sandilands
* Jim Sewell
* Kelvin Templeton
* Steve Wallis
* Peter Welsh
* Terry Wheeler

You're slacking off TCD ... I expected every name to be a hyperlink to every player interview :p

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Just to say Hi to all members, am a newbie here, would like to give a huge thankyou to all who post the reports on all games, is great for those of us who either live in the country as I do or further afield...... have been enjoying the regular posters on BF who also post on here for yonks, thanks again for all your efforts to keep us all informed and entertained !

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone,
I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who contributes to woof,
all the willy reports are awesome..its a great forum.
cheers.

BulldogBelle
30-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Just to say Hi to all members, am a newbie here, would like to give a huge thankyou to all who post the reports on all games, is great for those of us who either live in the country as I do or further afield...... have been enjoying the regular posters on BF who also post on here for yonks, thanks again for all your efforts to keep us all informed and entertained !

Hi everyone,
I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who contributes to woof,
all the willy reports are awesome..its a great forum.
cheers.

Welcome to WOOF - Bone Millers & Frank.

Great to have you both on board and looking forward to reading your contributions. :)

GVGjr
31-03-2009, 07:18 PM
We have had a number of new members join over the last couple of days. A few from the Western Australia (thanks to Scraggers) and a couple of people that went along to the East West function at the Mulgrave Country Club.

It would be nice if you all introduced yourselves here.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Thks all you guys for welcoming us newbies! I was registered on another site (to remain un-named :) but got sick of the sly and sometimes rude comments people made. I hope this board and forum remains full of intelligent and interesting posts where we respect one another's opinions.

Happy Days
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Evening all,

an especially pleasant evening after overcoming our bogey team after a trip to Perth, in the rain and with the umpires a little, well, you know....

I'm Sgt Slaughter, I'm new to this forum (some of you may have seen me post on Bigfooty) and GVG has asked if I would introduce myself quickly... so here goes...

I have followed the doggies since '85 having previously been a fan of the Kangaroos. 'A team swapper!' I hear you all gasp. Well, the story goes that I had been a Roos fan since I was a toddler because my grandparents had bought me a Kangaroo beanie. A fair reason for any toddler. But by the time I was around 8 or 9, I actually wanted to go to a game, and Dad being a staunch Doggie man would only take me to North v Footscray out at Waverley....

So after being 40 points to zip at quarter time, I thought the Roos were a good choice. Enter Simon Beasley. The pieman started kicking them from everywhere after the rest of the team decided to get their act together. So the Dogs dominated the rest of the match and won quite easily. I was impressed.

On the long journey home, Dad asked me if I'd enjoyed the game. Naturally I answered yes. How could you not enjoy the greatest game on earth? Dad then asked if I'd like to go to more games. I said yes, pretty excitedly. Dad then told me I needed to make a choice about which team I was going to follow, because if I kept folllowing the Roos, he's only take me to 2 games a year. If I followed the Dogs, I'd see every game....

So over 20 years later, if I'd kept following the Roos, I'd have a couple of flags, but if I had to make the decision again, I'd make the same choice... there's something special about the dogs, about the pocket me and Dad used to stand in every game at the Western Oval, about the players that I've laughed at, cried at, worshipped and idolised, about the all the troubles we've overcome as a club, about the supporters that have stuck with the club through thick and thin and about all the success that the club is headed toward. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and hopefully I can contribute to some healthy discussion!
And well done boys today, it was a bloody fantastic effort!

Cheers
Sarge

Like the username :)

Welcome to WOOF.

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 05:32 PM
HI all,

You may have seen a couple of posts out of me over the last week or two so I thought I would use this thread to properly introduce myself.

I grew up as a Fitzroy supporter and after the Brisbane takeover took a bit of a break from football. Up until a couple of years ago I didn't really follow anyone (Which was actually quite relaxing although not as much fun) and it took a long time to actually forgive the game for what it had done to my club, anyway life moved on. Anyway in 2006 I went to a game with some mates from work to watch the doggies play, I was hooked.

I signed up as a member in 2007 and since then all of the passion and fanaticsm has come flooding right back. As you can tell from my alias I am a big Brian Lake fan (although in the heat of the game I still throw out the odd Brian Harris). I used to play as a full back so my appreciation of the art of defense and hatred of flashy forwards (ala Carey and Franklin) may somtimes come out in my posting.

I have to say I love the way the Bulldogs go about their football, never vicious, never unfair, just hard working, skillful and increasingly strong willed. We don't have the arrogance you can sometimes see in Geelong nor the angry man complex so prevalent at Hawthorn. What is more you almost never hear or see anything about our players that does not make you feel proud which you can't say at many clubs.

Thanks for providing such a great forum with interesting commentary and a real passion for the team.

SOBL

The old Doggie
14-04-2009, 07:41 PM
My first recollection of being a Footscray supporter was when my Dad took me as a 6 year old to Footscray Town Hall after the Doggies had won the Premiership. I can still remember the yellow lights in front of the Hall and the jubilation and hysteria of the loyal supporters.

We were living in Frankston, a bayside town some 25 miles on the East side of Port Philip Bay. I was the only Footscray supporter at my school and was the brunt of many jokes. I am now a Teacher at St Mary’s Anglican Girls’ School and I am still the only Footscray supporter at my school.

Every Saturday my parents and I would travel up to Footscray. I would have my lesson with the Footscray banjo club and we then go to my aunties in Yarraville. My Uncle, father and I would then walk to the Western Oval for home games and sit in the John Gent stand. Sadly many home games were sad affairs interspersed with the occasional win and boy were they magic moments. The long drive back to Frankston feeling contented with the world, falling asleep on the back seat and being woken up still smiling to go to bed. I would then watch World of Sport on Sunday and proudly go the school. These happy / sad feelings are still with me now even at 52. When we win I read all reports, watch all replays and news bulletins and search the net. When we lose – the cat better watch out!!!!!! During the season though I wear only Bulldog ties, I have about twenty of them. Buying a birthday present is easy – anything that is red, white and blue is fine with me.

The death and funeral of Teddy Whitten in 1995 was a remarkable event at St Mary’s. During that year a group of Year 10 girls were ardent football followers and while they had never seen Teddy play they admired his passion and larger than life persona in the football world. The day after his death nearly twenty girls wore black arm bands. To have his funeral televised live to Perth enabled me to say my goodbye and thanks. He was the best footballer I have ever seen.

I moved over to Perth at the end of 1990 and have been consistent in my view that Perth is the ultimate western suburb of Melbourne. While I and many other Bulldog supporters have moved west I would like to pay a tribute to the many of you that may never have lived in Victoria, and may never have been to a game at the now Whitten Oval. Your support is vital to our long term future.

I have stated that I am not going to leave this mortal existence until the Doggies win another Premiership. My students predict that I may be over 700 years old. In 1998 I had open heart surgery the weekend we played Adelaide in THAT Preliminary final. I thought my time had come as we were about to at least play in a Grand Final – we lost and I lived!!!!!!!!! I will not mention the next Preliminary final or our trips to Brisbane….. I do live in hope!!!!!! My wife has strict instructions to sprinkle my ashes in the goal square at either end of the Whitten Oval. I can still see Ray Baxter missing an easy goal and yelling out “saw his ruddy leg off” or John Hoiles kicking our from full back and it dribbling out of bounds or when Merv Hobbs flew over Trevor Johnson from Melbourne in 1961. I was at Geelong in 1972 when we won for the first time since 1945. Sadly I think I went to every game coached by Royce Hart. I looked it up and we only won 8 times in 54 games. As well as, sacking Hart in 1982, Brian Wilson become the third Footscray reject to win the Brownlow in two years. The others were Barry Round and Bernie Quinlan. I wonder if any other Doggies supporter has a team of Footscray rejects from the bad old days?

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 12:58 AM
im glad i found this great website and i will be post regualy

i will say sorry in advance for all the spelling mistakes i make this year
cheers

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Hello all. I've been lurking for around a month and will try to contribute more. Don't really want to post at work as it violates the TOS and when I get home I try to do other things (I'm a C++ developer so I spend plenty of time on computers as is) :p

But I'll improve my posting on weekends.

Desipura
16-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Welcome to all the newbies of recent times. I hope you enjoy this site and contribute to it in a positive way.
Just a small note: I have noticed some posters feeling the need to post something on every topic, often telling us something we already know.
I hope I am not coming accross as "picky", I just do not want this site to go down to the level of another footy site. It is time consuming enough scrolling through the large number of posts.
It is currently an informative site, hope it stays that way.

Jasper
20-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Dogs member for 17 years. I met some guys on Saturday at the Williamstown vs Collingwood game that told me about the site so after a quick read yesterday I decided to join today.

LostDoggy
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Allow me to introduce myself:

Been a Bulldogs supporter all my life (some 30-odd years), from the dark old days of the 70s when I used to proudly wear my jumper to school, even tho' we were always near the bottom of the ladder, to the days of sitting at the Western (now Whitten) Oval, thru rain, hail or shine (or all three!), as a teenager, then on to Princes Park, then the Dome, and now on the verge of marrying, having converted my Sydney fiancee to the cause!

Used to belong to another supporter forum which has, excuse the pun, gone to the dogs! So, hope I'm welcome to throw in my 2c worth from time to time here!!
:D

The Coon Dog
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Allow me to introduce myself:

Been a Bulldogs supporter all my life (some 30-odd years), from the dark old days of the 70s when I used to proudly wear my jumper to school, even tho' we were always near the bottom of the ladder, to the days of sitting at the Western (now Whitten) Oval, thru rain, hail or shine (or all three!), as a teenager, then on to Princes Park, then the Dome, and now on the verge of marrying, having converted my Sydney fiancee to the cause!

Used to belong to another supporter forum which has, excuse the pun, gone to the dogs! So, hope I'm welcome to throw in my 2c worth from time to time here!!
:D

Welcome MinsonWill & all the newbies, don't be daunted by our superior intellect on this site. If your posts fall below the required standard you will be shot. No questions, just shot! ;)

Only kiddin', fire away & add to the site, please.

TwiceBitten
07-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm another lifelong supporter (about twice the odd years of MinsonWill), tentatively venturing onto this site wary of the fanatical Bulldogs ready to bite my head off.

Originally from our old country zone in Latrobe Valley I now live in Coffs Harbour and sorely miss the saturation AFL coverage in Southern states.

I have been kept busy reading all the news items and also love the past player interviews by The Coon Dog.

LostDoggy
30-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Hello to all,

Been checking out this forum for a few weeks now, finally was able to register as previous attempts saw registrations blocked :(

But great to finally be apart of this forum. Looks great with some great articles and discussions that go on. Have been supporting the dogs since the day I was born (In Footscray Hospital ;) ) and have never looked back. Am only 23 years of age, so even though I was quite young when the doggies were still Footscray and played at Whitten Oval, I remember those days and now love seeing the team get better and better as time goes on.

I am a gold 18 game member with the Social Club and can't wait till September!

Go Dogs!

Regards,
Daniel.

BulldogBelle
30-06-2009, 07:28 PM
But great to finally be apart of this forum. Looks great with some great articles and discussions that go on.

Welcome to WOOF Danstar, glad to have you onboard. Yes, plenty to read about here, have a look around have a read and most importantly please join in! If you have any questions, just drop me a PM. :)

LostDoggy
01-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Just a quick word or two to let you all know that the Mohawk Man (daDruid has parted ways with the club after unsavoury treatment at Sons of the West night. Invited onto the stage by the MC then thrown out like a common piece of litter. The way my jacket was thrown at me, has scarred me both mentally and emotionally. So disgusted at my treatment that I have returned my membership (front row seat!). I wish you all well.

Respectfully. DaDruid

Desipura
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Just a quick word or two to let you all know that the Mohawk Man (daDruid has parted ways with the club after unsavoury treatment at Sons of the West night. Invited onto the stage by the MC then thrown out like a common piece of litter. The way my jacket was thrown at me, has scarred me both mentally and emotionally. So disgusted at my treatment that I have returned my membership (front row seat!). I wish you all well.

Respectfully. DaDruid
Never happy to hear us lose any bulldogs members. What exactly caused you to be thrown out? Were you on the sauce? Did a fight break out? Perhaps there was a misunderstanding? Care to elaborate?

BulldogBelle
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey all. Just joined and looking forward to talking all things Bulldog.

BulldogBelle
06-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey all. Just joined and looking forward to talking all things Bulldog.

Welcome to WOOF Hoopsnake, plenty to read and respond to here. :)

LongWait
18-09-2009, 09:56 AM
My first post here - looks like a great site and thanks to Comrade and The Coon Dog for pointing me in this direction.

Looking forward most to changing my user name....

BulldogBelle
18-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Welcome to WOOF, TBFB, nawrocki and LongWait - great to have you all onboard. :)

chef
22-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi All :)

Well, I must seem like the ultimate bandwagoner, joining this forum less than four days before we play in a preliminary final.

In defence of the accused though, I did join here quite a fair while ago, forgot that I had joined, remembered after ages and tried to log in to no avail. So have been trying for the last five or six months trying to remember my password to log in. Anyway, after consultations with the powers at be, I have reapplied for a new account and here I am. So from maybe a year or more since first joining here, this is my first post. You cannot accuse me for rushing into things :p

Anyway, am finally here so its all good. I probably don't have the knowledge or inside info of the team that most of you have here, so will probably do more reading than posting. But will definately appreciate being on here and thank you for the invitation.

All the best and may sweet destiny smile on us this Friday night and the week after.

Welcome to woof TBFB:). It's about time you joined.

chef
22-09-2009, 09:33 PM
My first post here - looks like a great site and thanks to Comrade and The Coon Dog for pointing me in this direction.

Looking forward most to changing my user name....

:(It wasn't to be. Another year with that name.

hujsh
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Except spelling :D

You do learn how to correct pretty well though.;)

Murphy'sLore
18-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Whoops, have posted a couple of times before seeing this thread. Hope that's not a major etiquette breach...

Anyway hello all. I've really enjoyed trawling through the discussions and realising what a diverse brotherhood (and sisterhood) of Bulldogs supporters exists out there - the most wonderful aspect of our great game, it truly crosses so many divides.

Hoping for a year to remember in 2010, for all the right reasons! Go Dogs!

Flamethrower
25-10-2009, 06:25 PM
G'day all!

Flamethrower here, bringing the Heat to WOOF.

Finally got around to joining after hearing about it from Mighty West and Dex!!!

GVGjr
25-10-2009, 06:27 PM
G'day all!

Flamethrower here, bringing the Heat to WOOF.

Finally got around to joining after hearing about it from Mighty West and Dex!!!

Great to have you on board.

divvydan
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone, new here. Picked a quiet time of year to join, at least until draft night when I'm sure it'll be crazy :p

LostDoggy
18-12-2009, 12:19 AM
I have noticed that there seems to be an influx of new members to WOOF over recent weeks.

That's very encouraging & recognition should go out to go to the mods & regular contributors for setting up this site & keeping it functioning in a decent manner.

Thx Coon Dog, I may be a newbie to WOOF but am often heard in the Victory room. Thx Dadruid for informing me of this site

BulldogBelle
27-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Hey,
This is like a second coming for me as I've been a member for ages but got my account canned for being a passenger on WOOF. Thanks GVG for giving a kid from the West a second chance! :)
My love affair with the dogs started from as early as I can remember as I grew up on Geelong Rd about 300 metres away from the WO. I remember how difficult it was for visitors to my parents' home to find parking on match days and I didn't get to many games as a young-un (the old man ran his own business). He had a servo in Williamstown, and Neil Cordy used to live in the next street to my dad's business and used to fill up at his servo all the time. Anyway, they used to chat a bit and became mates and Neil gave my dad a full Bulldogs little league kit for me. I remember when dad brought it home... I instantly fell in love with Neil Cordy and he became my favourite... For the next couple of weeks and aside from wearing my school uniform (during school hours), I wore nothing else except for my Bulldogs outfit. Later on Neil Cordy would go on to break my heart by moving to Sydney... secretly though I kept an eye on him for the rest of his career. Apologies for the long winded story, but it's amazing how significant events in life can stick in your mind so vividly even if they happened about 25 years ago in this case.
My Christmas wishes are for a premiership in 2010, and for Griff to finally 'ARRIVE' in the AFL.

BulldogBelle
08-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Welcome to WOOF samr, good to have you onboard - have a look around, plenty to read and contribute to and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

wend1604
11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi All I've been a Dogs supporter and member for many years but only a member of woof for a few months. I have enjoyed reading all the posts and find the site very informative. I'm hoping to contribute more once the 2010 season gets underway properly. I'm really looking forward to this year - I went to the Intra-Club game last week and it seemed like there was buzz around the club. GO DOGS!!!! :)

GVGjr
13-03-2010, 04:13 PM
So here is where a lot of the bf posters went. Being from interstate, there aren't too many footy fanatics so it's great to be able to banter with fellow doggies fans here. Let's stick it up the saints tonight!

Welcome aboard.

firstdogonthemoon
19-03-2010, 11:35 AM
We're all nice on here Suz32, except for FDOTM, but don't tell him I said that. ;)

At least I don't have a head like a watermelon

aker39
19-03-2010, 11:45 AM
At least I don't have a head like a watermelon

For those that haven't met the Coon Dog, keep an eye out for this bloke.

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/watermelon-mask.jpg

EasternWest
19-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Ha ha ha. Creepy and gold!

comrade
19-03-2010, 06:23 PM

WTF!

That's the stuff of nightmares...

ledge
19-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey come on TCD isnt that good looking.

Danny the snakeman
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi all,born and breed bullies supporter,now over here over in WA spreading the word.

BulldogBelle
11-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Welcome to WOOF dancing dougie, have a wander around, enjoy the read and look forward to reading your contributions. :)

In Repair
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Gday guys new to the forum,

I come from a round ball background but I have always loved the doggies since coming to Australia. I enjoy reading everyone's posts when things are good and make the most of it for therapeutic purposes when things are bad. I always hesitate to post on threads since my knowledge of AFL is limited however, with the help of others, i hope to improve in that department. Looking forward to what should be a memorable year.....go dogs!

Go_Dogs
05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome aboard In Repair :)

The Coon Dog
05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Gday guys new to the forum,

I come from a round ball background but I have always loved the doggies since coming to Australia. I enjoy reading everyone's posts when things are good and make the most of it for therapeutic purposes when things are bad. I always hesitate to post on threads since my knowledge of AFL is limited however, with the help of others, i hope to improve in that department. Looking forward to what should be a memorable year.....go dogs!

Welcome IR,

Where are you originally from & which 'soccer' team do you follow?

mavi72
08-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi All!
I'm big fan of AFL, but Live in Europe. One day I will go Australia to watch AFL in the stadium. Aussie Rules is fantastic game. Western Bulldogs was one of the first teams, which I watched on video. The first match was WB v Essendon. I want to ask, are here fans who could help me with any pin of Western Bulldogs? I would send you some for exchange. Thanks

Sockeye Salmon
09-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi All!
I'm big fan of AFL, but Live in Europe. One day I will go Australia to watch AFL in the stadium. Aussie Rules is fantastic game. Western Bulldogs was one of the first teams, which I watched on video. The first match was WB v Essendon. I want to ask, are here fans who could help me with any pin of Western Bulldogs? I would send you some for exchange. Thanks

Welcome aboard.

Where in Europe are you?

We don't really have pins like they do in the US.

mavi72
09-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi, I live in Lithuania.

GVGjr
09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi, I live in Lithuania.

I love watching them in basketball at the Olympics.

mavi72
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I love watching them in basketball at the Olympics.

Yes, Basketball is No.1 here. Some Australian played basketball for Lithuanian clubs. Aussie Rules are not played here, but I like to watch very much.

In Repair
09-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Welcome IR,

Where are you originally from & which 'soccer' team do you follow?

Thanks TCD I am from Chile and oddly enough I don't really follow any team (besides one in Chile called Universidad de Chile). I love watching teams like Barcelona or Arsenal play but I wouldn't be kicking myself if they didn't win their respective leagues unlike.........

Sockeye Salmon
10-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi, I live in Lithuania.

How did you get to be a fan of Australian football? I can't imagine that it would be on prime time TV in Vilnius.

mavi72
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
How did you get to be a fan of Australian football? I can't imagine that it would be on prime time TV in Vilnius.

It's not problem to watch Aussie Rules now. The first time when I watched the moments of the matches of AFL was Gillete Sport Special. But it was more that 10 years ago.
Later I had opportunity to watch FOX Sport. Now AFL is on Eurosport TV 2. Also it's possible to snatch matches by net. So it's not problem. Of course here are not specialists who understand Aussie Rules. I can watch only with English or Russian comments on TV. I know some people who like Aussie Rules.
So it's not problem to watch.

Go_Dogs
10-05-2010, 06:58 PM
So it's not problem to watch.

I've got to say, it's great that you are able to watch and enjoy our game. Very interesting to read about how you've come across the game too.

Big H
10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
It's great to have a few new folk signing up. Southerncross, Dry Rot, Twodogs and myself try and contact all the new people with a welcome letter but it would be great if all the new folk would post something here first.

Well has Big Will done enough to get back in???

I think so.

Big H

Big H
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM

Thanks Coon Dog!

Your the reason I'm here. Doggie Doggie Doggie!!!

mavi72
11-05-2010, 06:48 AM
I've got to say, it's great that you are able to watch and enjoy our game. Very interesting to read about how you've come across the game too.

Sorry for errors. I don't have practice to speak and to read in English.

Mofra
11-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks TCD I am from Chile and oddly enough I don't really follow any team (besides one in Chile called Universidad de Chile). I love watching teams like Barcelona or Arsenal play but I wouldn't be kicking myself if they didn't win their respective leagues unlike.........
Would be awesome to see UdC play live. I was in Chile last October, luckily was in Santiago when Chile beat Columbia to qualify. It was pure madness for the whole night and one of the best experiences of my life, watching the game on the bigscreen just off Plaza de Armas & partying for hours afterwards.

LostDoggy
12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry for errors. I don't have practice to speak and to read in English.

No apology necessary - your English is very good. Welcome to WOOF!! :)

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I've posted a bit already, but am fairly new to WOOF. Had a bit of a hard time joining, but that's a story for another day…

I've been a member of a few different Dogs forums over the years, and they always degenerate into either a social network or a trolling ground, so I've been pretty happy with WOOF so far.

I'm a lifelong Doggie, from a strong family tradition of following the ’Scray — My kids are the 6th generation to wear the red, white and blue. Love all football, of course I'm biased towards a Bulldogs game but I'm just as happy watching Richmond vs Adelaide, or even the local boys. Anywhere with a Sherrin in the air…

If you're at a game, I'm usually behind the cheer squad, especially at Jihad Stadium. I'm a CS member but swear and drink a bit too much to sit there all the time. My name's Ryan, I'm 6'4", I wear a “dreadlocks beanie” and an old ICI guernsey from 1992, so you'll see me — come and say howdy…

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I picked BornABulldog because that's my email address (bornabulldog@gmail.com), SuperCoach team name, etc. etc.

Happy to discuss though…

bornadog
18-05-2010, 06:04 PM
so we have bornadog and bornabulldog, could get confusing

I have only posted 5,468 times since the start of the forum;)

LostDoggy
21-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I have only posted 5,468 times since the start of the forum;)

Absolutely, and seniority rules. I've asked to change my username to BornAScragger.

The Coon Dog
21-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Absolutely, and seniority rules. I've asked to change my username to BornAScragger.

Not to be confused with Scraggers! :D

LostDoggy
21-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Splitting hairs now…

How about TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsBornABulldog ??

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi all im Rooner just wanted to say how rapt I am to have found this site I've had a quick look around and I'm really impressed. Absolutely love the FFC and look forward to the discussions.

BulldogBelle
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi all im Rooner just wanted to say how rapt I am to have found this site I've had a quick look around and I'm really impressed. Absolutely love the FFC and look forward to the discussions.

rooner17 welcome to WOOF, good to have you onboard - I look forward to reading your views on our wonderful club. :)

Scraggers
20-06-2010, 03:53 AM

I am confused ... Does that count ?? :D

Rae
13-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Have had a quick look around this site and must admit I love the bulldogs. Was born barracking for bulldogs and although I was alive when we won our flag I was too young to remember. Both my parents were at that game and often talked about it. Go dogs lets do it this year.

Mr.1975
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Long time member, first time blogger

China Dog
29-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Hello all,

My name is Carl and I am currently living and working in China, hence "China Dog".

I was searching the web trying to get info on what was happening with the Dogs and stumbled onto WOOF.

I really appreciate reading all the comments and the lastest happenings, it is hard to know what is going on when you are so far away.

Not sure if I can contribute much, but I will try,

Hotdog60
29-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Hello all,

My name is Carl and I am currently living and working in China, hence "China Dog".

I was searching the web trying to get info on what was happening with the Dogs and stumbled onto WOOF.

I really appreciate reading all the comments and the lastest happenings, it is hard to know what is going on when you are so far away.

huān y*ng to WOOF China Dog

EasternWest
30-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Hello all,

Welcome aboard!

China Dog
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the kind welcome guys. I look forward to hearing more about the Dogs through the forums

bulldogborn
26-11-2010, 10:35 AM
New member.nearly a 50 year supporter.dream that next year is the big one.Love reading the different views and up to date news.Looking forward to contributing.thanks

The Coon Dog
26-11-2010, 10:38 AM
New member.nearly a 50 year supporter.dream that next year is the big one.Love reading the different views and up to date news.Looking forward to contributing.thanks

Welcome bulldogborn, hopefully this year is the one we've all been waiting for.

LostDoggy
26-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Welcome to WOOF bulldogborn!! :)

EasternWest
26-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Thanks for joining up. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Maddog37
26-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi all. I am on bigfooty a bit and as TCD told me months ago , I got sick of all the trolls so have ventured onto woof. Love the site and even tho I am slightly confused by his posts I already love reading dadruids stuff. Anyways cheers for now.

chef
26-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi all. I am on bigfooty a bit and as TCD told me months ago , I got sick of all the trolls so have ventured onto woof. Love the site and even tho I am slightly confused by his posts I already love reading dadruids stuff. Anyways cheers for now.

Welcome to WOOF mate.

AndrewP6
26-11-2010, 10:36 PM

It would be of great concern if you weren't confused by DaDruid... ;) :D

Welcome to WOOF!

LostDoggy
28-11-2010, 09:25 PM
G,Day all, after a bit of a break I,m back here again , looking forward to a strong campaign in 2011

" Bite em , Bite em hard , Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell " http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/default/superhappy.gif

LostDoggy
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
G'day guys,
New joiner to the Forum and wanted to quickly introduce myself.
Im posting up from up North in Darwin. Im starved of my footy, even more this year that there are no games up here this year for the Dogs.
Forums like these keep me in some sort of touch with what is happening down south.

Im originally from the Western Suburbs and have followed the dogs my whole life. Some of my fave memories as a kid are from cold dark days at the Western oval.

I look forward to keeping up with all the goss on here

Cheers
Fitzy

BulldogBelle
10-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Onya bro! :)

AndrewP6
11-01-2011, 12:13 AM
G'day guys,
New joiner to the Forum and wanted to quickly introduce myself.
Im posting up from up North in Darwin. Im starved of my footy, even more this year that there are no games up here this year for the Dogs.
Forums like these keep me in some sort of touch with what is happening down south.

Im originally from the Western Suburbs and have followed the dogs my whole life. Some of my fave memories as a kid are from cold dark days at the Western oval.

I look forward to keeping up with all the goss on here

Cheers
Fitzy

Welcome, Fitzy!

LostDoggy
17-01-2011, 12:11 AM
It would be of great concern if you weren't confused by DaDruid... ;) :D

Welcome to WOOF!

Because even DaDruid is confused by DaDruid!!

:D:D:D

LostDoggy
30-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and so just wanted to introduce myself. I haven't followed a lot of football for too long. But last year I had the time to watch more games and became more and more addicted to watching the dogs. To cut the story short my membership arrived last week and I can't wait for the first game.

GVGjr
30-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and so just wanted to introduce myself. I haven't followed a lot of football for too long. But last year I had the time to watch more games and became more and more addicted to watching the dogs. To cut the story short my membership arrived last week and I can't wait for the first game.

Welcome aboard and I think you have picked a great season to get back into your football.

KT31
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi all,

Welcome and great to see you have backed it up with a membership.
Hopefully in a flag winning season.:)

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Hopefully in a flag winning season.:)

That would be a wonderful thing

Twodogs
04-02-2011, 11:51 AM
That would be a wonderful thing

Who is that in your avatar GG? It's a great photo.

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Who is that in your avatar GG? It's a great photo.

That is me at age 3 (??) with a bulldogs jumper my mother knitted. It is cropped : my (evil) twin cousins are sitting on either side of me wearing identical jumpers.

Twodogs
04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
That is me at age 3 (??) with a bulldogs jumper my mother knitted. It is cropped : my (evil) twin cousins are sitting on either side of me wearing identical jumpers.

I've got a picture of myself at about the same age wearing a homeknitted Footscray jumper too. I'm crouching on the ground looking straight down the barrel of the camera. I also have the obligatary brown plastic footy under my arms. Did yours have # 3 on the back too?

Our familys got us early. We didnt stand a chance did we? Having said that I've lost count of how many pictures I have of my kids wearing their bulldog jumpers.

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 12:31 PM
I've got a picture of myself at about the same age wearing a homeknitted Footscray jumper too. I'm crouching on the ground looking straight down the barrel of the camera. I also have the obligatary brown plastic footy under my arms. Did yours have # 3 on the back too?.
It would be interesting to see the earliest photo people had of themselves in a bulldogs jumper.

KT31
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
This was one I have.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/GBaz.jpg

Nice, TCD.
Right footer I take it.

Tried to put an image on of myself but will have to work out how over the weekend.

The Coon Dog
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Tried to put an image on of myself but will have to work out how over the weekend.

How to post a pic (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=374)

KT31
04-02-2011, 06:26 PM

Thank you TCD.

KT31
06-02-2011, 12:00 PM

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3583/newpicturesv.png

One of me with leather stops.

Thanks TCD , with our help I managed to work it out.

JohnGentStand
20-02-2011, 07:14 PM
geez KT, you have filled out a bit since then :) !!

KT introduced me to this site & i am loving the honestly and lack of drivel that BF oozed.
looking forward to that lifelong dream year !
now, off to dig up some old photos!

The Coon Dog
20-02-2011, 08:45 PM
geez KT, you have filled out a bit since then :) !!

I think he's saying you're a fat bastard KT, but I already knew that, SS told me. ;)

kruder
04-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi,
The reason I have joined is because the bulldog game plan has not changed over the past 3-4 years. I have been reading this site for a few years now but have never posted.

I hate to start on a negative but here goes.

I was stunned in round one when the whole summer had been about the forward press and frontal pressure that the bulldogs were again inept in these areas. Our zone basically gives up an easy first possession to the opposition with greater importance on creating a contest on the second possession which basically gives up the opportunity to get the ball back until the wing. The whole point of a press is to force the kicker to kick long to a contest which gives you a 50/50 chance of keeping the ball in your forward line. It was embarrassing to see Collingwood walk the ball out of our defence on the weekend while Murphy was forced to kick wide and long. The only reason I can think of eade playing such a high press is that he is worried the ball getting over the top of the initial zone which will expose our lack of gut running and accountability of the majority of our team on the fast break.

The next major issue is our forward line structure in which eade forces players way to high which makes its extremely difficult to score goals. This structure is deployed in finals and against the good sides during the regular season. It was deployed on the weekend after a deep forward line structure got us a 3goal to 1 lead. When we started to struggle to get the ball in defence, the forward line is forced up the ground to provide further options, which actually creates more pressure on the ball carrier as there is maybe one player forward of the centre to aim for. I really believe it has a big impact on the players as they tend to go back into their shells and there belief drops dramatically. During the period of the high forwardline on the weekend we looked no chance of kicking a goal at all untill we got lucky on the fast break via glilbee and sherman. I have noticed in finals that we tend to go back to the deeper structure way too late in the game when we have so called nothing to loose... Unfortunately in the majority of occasions we have already lost!!!!
Eade we must have the discipline to hold at least 2 players in the forward 50 on the majority!!!!! Make the opposition worry about us for a change! I gaurentee the defender will man them up.

The 3rd major issue is the performance of the senior group in the big games. Too often do the match committee drop fringe players such as hill and addison after losses in which players such as COONEY, GIA,MURPHY, BOYD, GILLBEE, HARGRAVE have failed to make an impact. On the weekend Cooney played probally his worst game for the footbal club. His body language and his lack of interest at the contest was disgraceful yet eade actually said he was pleased with his performances over the past few weeks??????????? Does anyone on here believe he played well in the fremantle game aswell???? I'm praying that his knee is causing problems cause I'm loosing faith.

I thank EADE for his for efforts as this will be his final year as coach. The club has gone forward in leaps and bounds over the past few years off the feild but it is time for a change on it.

mjp
04-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Eade we must have the discipline to hold at least 2 players in the forward 50 on the majority!!!!! Make the opposition worry about us for a change! I gaurentee the defender will man them up.

I betcha that they don't. If the players aren't in dangerous spots, the opponents will press up...that is how footy is played now.

If we roll the dice and keep forwards inside 50, are you happy for the opposition backs to impact the game through the corridor?

KT31
07-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Hi,
The reason I have joined is because the bulldog game plan has not changed over the past 3-4 years. I have been reading this site for a few years now but have never posted.

I was stunned in round one when the whole summer had been about the forward press and frontal pressure that the bulldogs were again inept in these areas. Our zone basically gives up an easy first possession to the opposition with greater importance on creating a contest on the second possession which basically gives up the opportunity to get the ball back until the wing. The whole point of a press is to force the kicker to kick long to a contest which gives you a 50/50 chance of keeping the ball in your forward line. It was embarrassing to see Collingwood walk the ball out of our defence on the weekend while Murphy was forced to kick wide and long. The only reason I can think of eade playing such a high press is that he is worried the ball getting over the top of the initial zone which will expose our lack of gut running and accountability of the majority of our team on the fast break.

The next major issue is our forward line structure in which eade forces players way to high which makes its extremely difficult to score goals. This structure is deployed in finals and against the good sides during the regular season. It was deployed on the weekend after a deep forward line structure got us a 3goal to 1 lead. When we started to struggle to get the ball in defence, the forward line is forced up the ground to provide further options, which actually creates more pressure on the ball carrier as there is maybe one player forward of the centre to aim for. I really believe it has a big impact on the players as they tend to go back into their shells and there belief drops dramatically. During the period of the high forwardline on the weekend we looked no chance of kicking a goal at all untill we got lucky on the fast break via glilbee and sherman. I have noticed in finals that we tend to go back to the deeper structure way too late in the game when we have so called nothing to loose... Unfortunately in the majority of occasions we have already lost!!!!

The 3rd major issue is the performance of the senior group in the big games. Too often do the match committee drop fringe players such as hill and addison after losses in which players such as COONEY, GIA,MURPHY, BOYD, GILLBEE, HARGRAVE have failed to make an impact. On the weekend Cooney played probally his worst game for the footbal club. His body language and his lack of interest at the contest was disgraceful yet eade actually said he was pleased with his performances over the past few weeks??????????? Does anyone on here believe he played well in the fremantle game aswell???? I'm praying that his knee is causing problems cause I'm loosing faith.

I thank EADE for his for efforts as this will be his final year as coach. The club has gone forward in leaps and bounds over the past few years off the feild but it is time for a change on it.

Lets get this straight, you joined this forum so you could post this tripe.
Hope this is your one and only post.
There are other forums that you are better suited to.

KT31
07-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Hi,

This is a welcoming forum and not a area to vent your frustrations, but I suspect you already know that.

DragzLS1
07-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi guys, My name is Danny and I am new to this forum.

I may not contribute as much as some earlier posts and I may not know as much as a lot of members on this forum, but I have joined because I have been following the dogs since I was 9 years old with my bulldogs football and shirt and that passion that just hits you 1 day, well, It sort of just hit me :)

hope to learn a lot from you guys and hope to contribute to this forum.

regards

Danny

chef
07-05-2011, 08:33 AM

I may not contribute as much as some earlier posts and I may not know as much as a lot of members on this forum, but I have joined because I have been following the dogs since I was 9 years old with my bulldogs football and shirt and that passion that just hits you 1 day, well, It sort of just hit me :)

regards

Danny

Welcome aboard mate.

EasternWest
07-05-2011, 10:42 AM

regards

Danny

Nice first post Danny. Good to have you here. Look forward to hearing from you.

Maddog37
11-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Been a few new members lately. Welcome all. I really enjoy this site. It is great to get different views and insights without all the bravado and extreme statements.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to this site. Just stumbled across it yesterday and have to say im thrilled for a discussion forum dedicated to the doggies. Its nice to know there is a place to come and voice concerns/delights about the doggies and that we don't have to suffer alone! (ie 1997 and 2008 Prelim finals). I've been a fan ever since i was born. I'm a dogs fan through inheritance and live and breathe the club through thick and thin. Greatest victory as a dogs fan would have to be beating Essendon in rd 20 in 2000 to ensure they didn't go undefeated (sounds a little sad that that is my greatest victory witnessed). Most heartbreaking loss would be the 97 prelim. Got a lot of hope in the next few years which is good so we just need to keep all the boys together! Go Dogs!

kruder
22-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Lets get this straight, you joined this forum so you could post this tripe.
Hope this is your one and only post.
There are other forums that you are better suited to.

Tripe? Truth hurts dosen't it?

I'm hurting after todays loss even though the writing had been on the wall all season.

WB4Life
09-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi to all, i've been a bulldogs supporter since i started watching football, braking the family tradition of following melbourne, i bleed Red, White and Blue, and have been there thru the good times and Bad, i've even shed a tear at games (97 prelim and EJ's lap before the state of origin), I jsut hope to see our boys play in the big one in my life time.

i'm not big on Bagging players or the team, i'd much rather dicuss positive ways to improve the season. In saying that we are in some real trouble at the moment, but turing on everyone isn't going to be the answer.

Looking forward to dicussing our boys with you all.

The Coon Dog
09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi to all, i've been a bulldogs supporter since i started watching football, braking the family tradition of following melbourne, i bleed Red, White and Blue, and have been there thru the good times and Bad, i've even shed a tear at games (97 prelim and EJ's lap before the state of origin), I jsut hope to see our boys play in the big one in my life time.

i'm not big on Bagging players or the team, i'd much rather dicuss positive ways to improve the season. In saying that we are in some real trouble at the moment, but turing on everyone isn't going to be the answer.

Cheers WB4Fife, welcome, hope you can contribute & look forward to it.

Desipura
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Welcome, you better get used to some critique of players, generally within reason. If you are going to get all defensive (like your 2nd post) you will be disappointed with a number of knowledgable posters

Maddog37
09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Welcom WB4Life. Great to see your passion coming through. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on WOOF you will be called on your opinions if people disagree. Stick to your guns and enjoy!

The Coon Dog
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Welcom WB4Life. Great to see your passion coming through. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on WOOF you will be called on your opinions if people disagree. Stick to your guns and enjoy!

That's just not right!

You'll be more likely to be challenged with a bold sweeping statement without backing it up than if you can justify why you have a particular point of view.

Maddog37
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
TCD, I thought when I wrote that it might be interpreted the wrong way.

I actually meant that in a good way. I believe it is a healthy forum for the very reason that you cannot shoot your mouth off without being challenged.

Murphy'sLore
20-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi Meshe, you're not the only one with a soft spot for Murph on this forum, lots of love for the boy round here!

Maddog37
11-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome Snoop.

WOOF really is a great site. Enjoy.

Dan B Ham
15-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been a loyal Bulldog for 30 years now and will be for the rest of my life. I'm a graphic designer by day and couch potato by night.

I would just like to say a big thank you for creating this website and I look forward to taking part in this great community in the future.