PDA

View Full Version : Howard 4 weeks

ledge
01-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Just heard he did ligament in ankle 4 weeks out.:(

Doc26
01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks Ledge. I had been led to believe that the injury was medial ligament damage to his knee.

Hotdog60
01-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks Ledge. I had been led to believe that the injury was medial ligament damage to his knee.

From the presser Macca used the term 'Medial Ligament' he must have ment a medial ligament sprain of the ankle.

SlimPickens
01-04-2012, 10:55 PM
He had ice on his knee at the end of the game and also grabbedhis knee when he initially did the injury. Also there is nothing in the ankle called a medial ligament. I'd suggest he hurt his knee

GVGjr
01-04-2012, 11:00 PM
I hope he is OK because we need him to be given some time in the senior team to build his confidence

Hotdog60
01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
He had ice on his knee at the end of the game and also grabbedhis knee when he initially did the injury. Also there is nothing in the ankle called a medial ligament. I'd suggest he hurt his knee

Eversion Sprain

An eversion sprain is a tear of the deltoid ligaments, on the inside of the ankle. These ligaments provide support to prevent the ankle turning inwards or everting. It is rare for the deltoid ligaments to be sprained for two reasons:
The fibula bone tends to prevent the ankle from moving far enough to sprain or over stretch the ligament.
The medial ligaments are stronger than the lateral ones.

An eversion sprain (often called a medial ankle sprain or a deltoid ligament sprain) is often associated with a fracture of the Fibula (medial malleolus) or other bones in the ankle such as the Talus.

Pedro Sanchez
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Guys if you see the replay this is definitely an ankle injury. Looked quite horrific in slow-mo. Will be doing well to get back in 4 weeks I think...

Doc26
02-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Guys if you see the replay this is definitely an ankle injury. Looked quite horrific in slow-mo. Will be doing well to get back in 4 weeks I think...

You're correct Pedro, the television replays show an agggressive rolled left ankle.

Whilst at the game today I was diallled into 3AW's radio coverage of the game and (Doc) Peter Larkins was adamant it was a medial injury to Howard's left knee. The replay would suggest he got it wrong.

Sedat
02-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I hope he is OK because we need him to be given some time in the senior team to build his confidenceNot to mention being one of the few players who can hit the side of a barn with his field kicking

G-Mo77
02-04-2012, 09:05 AM

Was it because of the turf. One of the journos from Twitter mentioned it.

Bulldog Revolution
02-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Shame, I thought he showed good signs yesterday and was more confident with the ball in hand

Doc26
02-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Shame, I thought he showed good signs yesterday and was more confident with the ball in hand

Was impressed with his improved attack at the ball. There was one example yesterday which really stood out where he ran back into a leading pack of players to contest a mark.

Pedro Sanchez
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Was it because of the turf. One of the journos from Twitter mentioned it.

The groud did look like it gave way under foot. The ankle actually looked to twist twice - from the vision it seemed it could have been a lot worse. Definitely a nasty injury though.

SlimPickens
02-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Eversion Sprain

An eversion sprain is a tear of the deltoid ligaments, on the inside of the ankle. These ligaments provide support to prevent the ankle turning inwards or everting. It is rare for the deltoid ligaments to be sprained for two reasons:
The fibula bone tends to prevent the ankle from moving far enough to sprain or over stretch the ligament.
The medial ligaments are stronger than the lateral ones.

An eversion sprain (often called a medial ankle sprain or a deltoid ligament sprain) is often associated with a fracture of the Fibula (medial malleolus) or other bones in the ankle such as the Talus.

Yep and in the knee there is the medial collateral ligament. If he sprained his ankle he would have had ice on his ankle at the end of the game would he not??

SlimPickens
02-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Finally saw the footage of the injury and to me it only confirms the MCL gives way in his knee. Trust me look at it again and instead of focusing on how his ankle rolls, check out his knee.

Lucky for him as a MCL injury is generally a pretty quick recovery and he should be up and running pretty soon.

stefoid
02-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Ankle injury >>> knee injury.

LostDoggy
02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Ankle injury >>> knee injury.

That's a big generalization. I'd prefer to twist my ankle than do an ACL.

stefoid
02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
That's a big generalization. I'd prefer to twist my ankle than do an ACL.

">>>" in this context means 'much better than' rather than 'much greater than' :)

Go_Dogs
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I hope he is OK because we need him to be given some time in the senior team to build his confidence

Spot on, tough luck for the guy - hopefully he's back soon without any complications.

LostDoggy
02-04-2012, 10:05 PM
All the best to the Howitzer , hope to see the leg cannon back in action as soon as possible

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8193/firingcannonanimated.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/firingcannonanimated.gif/)

Hotdog60
02-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Yep and in the knee there is the medial collateral ligament. If he sprained his ankle he would have had ice on his ankle at the end of the game would he not??

I wasn't disputing your call on the knee, it was the highlighted part about no medial ligament in the ankle. I didn't see the end result on TV and early reports were of the ankle.

But well done you picked it, out of the medical room it's a knee.:o

SlimPickens
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I wasn't disputing your call on the knee, it was the highlighted part about no medial ligament in the ankle. I didn't see the end result on TV and early reports were of the ankle.

But well done you picked it, out of the medical room it's a knee.:o

Have a little bit to do with injuries ;)

Hotdog60
02-04-2012, 11:03 PM

I just saw your woof profile:D

Greystache
02-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Good diagnosis Doctor!