PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 3 vs St Kilda

GVGjr
07-04-2012, 10:54 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you like to see for next week on Saturday night against St Kilda?

A brief explanation for your changes would be good too.

GVGjr
07-04-2012, 11:15 PM
I have to say there isn't a lot of players I'd look at dropping. Maybe Dickson for Skinner or Cordy could be a consideration.

LostDoggy
07-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I wish Morris was ready.
Is Hargrave ok?

ledge
07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Minson is a worry we need his big body but gee he was bad tonight.
Cordy in.

stefoid
07-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Cordy and/or Skinner to add some aerial power to the forward line without sacrificing defensive pressure or ground skills.

We wont make too many changes. I think Mac will just keep working on the game plan and slowly rotating the list through to see how can play and who cant.

The Saints, then Melbourne. Could be 2:2 by round 4, with a lot to like about our stoppage work, and improvement in ball movement to be worked on.

Bumper Bulldogs
07-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Its going to be a tough call as I feel the saints will play tall and that will not help us, I hope Shaggy is OK.

I feel we need to back the boys and keep a settled line up as we were in it today. I think we need to sort out our Sub as I'm not sure that BMac has had it right just yet, Maybe Skinner can come on as a sub and electrify us all in a half of footy.

LostDoggy
07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Minson is a worry we need his big body but gee he was bad tonight.
Cordy in.

Minson was better than Roughead who did his best Peter Street impersonation in trying to injure our best player.

comrade
07-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Easton Wood is a liability right now but we don't exactly have a huge pool to draw from. Seriously needs to work on hitting targets by hand or else he just won't make it.

jazzadogs
07-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Its going to be a tough call as I feel the saints will play tall and that will not help us, I hope Shaggy is OK.

I feel we need to back the boys and keep a settled line up as we were in it today. I think we need to sort out our Sub as I'm not sure that BMac has had it right just yet, Maybe Skinner can come on as a sub and electrify us all in a half of footy.
I would think that using Skinner as sub is the same as using Dickson or Grant. Need a versatile player as the sub, not a forward pocket.

Personally I'd be happy with no change. Hopefully Hargrave comes up, otherwise maybe Cordy comes in and helps out in defence.

Also depends on if Tutt, Sherman are ready to go yet.

MrMahatma
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Jones needs help. Double, triple teamed all night. Not sure what the options are.

Is Higgins in the gun? Hasn't done a lot in the past 2 weeks.

bornadog
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I will wait to see how the players at Willi play tomorrow before a prediction on players.

I hope someone like Vez can find some form as both Wood and Addison are a worry in the backline.

Hotdog60
07-04-2012, 11:32 PM
So in the past it's been Lake on Koschitzke and Morris on Riewoldt, would Markovic have the stamina to go with Riewoldt or do we swap?

GVGjr
07-04-2012, 11:33 PM
I will wait to see how the players at Willi play tomorrow before a prediction on players.

I hope someone like Vez can find some form as both Wood and Addison are a worry in the backline.

Who would you consider the likely players to be dropped providing the Williamstown boys put in a good performance?

AndrewP6
07-04-2012, 11:36 PM
So in the past it's been Lake on Koschitzke and Morris on Riewoldt, would Markovic have the stamina to go with Riewoldt or do we swap?

I don't think Marko could go with Diver running up the players' race.

LostDoggy
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Jones needs help. Double, triple teamed all night. Not sure what the options are.

We need a scapegoat I suppose. We have at least 5 players worse than Higgins.

bornadog
07-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Who would you consider the likely players to be dropped providing the Williamstown boys put in a good performance?

I agree with your comment that Dickson needs to play at Willi and get his fitness and stamina up. I really like the way he moves and can roost a ball.

Sherman must be getting close for a call up and I wouldn't mind Cordy in the team and keep Roughhead and Minson in.

Who to drop, other than Dickson, will also depend on Hargrave's situation.

ledge
07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Minson was better than Roughead who did his best Peter Street impersonation in trying to injure our best player.

At least Roughy will take a mark and kick a goal when he goes forward.

Rocco Jones
07-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I thought Dickson was OK as a sub but I agree with bornadog about needing him to get his stamina up. Sherman, Tutt, Vez, Wallis and Skinner all in contention

MrMahatma
07-04-2012, 11:42 PM
We need a scapegoat I suppose. We have at least 5 players worse than Higgins.
Mentioning a player in the match committee thread = scape goat?

Rocco Jones
07-04-2012, 11:50 PM

Perhaps it's my low expectations of him but I think Higgins has been OK.

LostDoggy
07-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Mentioning a player in the match committee thread = scape goat?

Sorry but he is mentioned by almost everyone at the game. He has replaced Gia.
We have precious little goal kickers and at the very least he does that.
Look at replacing Markovic, Addison, Grant or Wood first.

GVGjr
07-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Perhaps it's my low expectations of him but I think Higgins has been OK.

How can we get him back to playing somewhere near the standard of football we know he can?
From a talent perspective he's too good of a player to not be performing better.

Sedat
08-04-2012, 12:05 AM
How can we get him back to playing somewhere near the standard of football we know he can?
From a talent perspective he's too good of a player to not be performing better.
You can't magically add leg speed if it isn't there - that's his single-biggest problem. He can't get separation on his opponent when he is playing forward, and his space gets closed down when he plays behind the ball.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I thought Higgins was actually solid tonight?

Jones NEEDS to play CHF. He's not a FF; never will be. I'd play Cordy as our FF.

I'd look at playing Skinner too, because our forward half is close to the worst in the league.

Rocco Jones
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Maybe I am being pessismistic but I think the injuries combined with how the game has changed has really hurt him. His lack of explosive pace makes it a must for him to have a great tank/work ethic. It just doesn't seem in him to be manic but even then it's hard to apply too much pressure these days as a small forward if you're not fast.

MrMahatma
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Marko was OK today and will no doubt be replaced when Williams and Morris are back.

Wood is a major disappointment.

GVGjr
08-04-2012, 12:09 AM
You can't magically add leg speed if it isn't there - that's his single-biggest problem. He can't get separation on his opponent when he is playing forward, and his space gets closed down when he plays behind the ball.

At times though he can put in a quick enough sprint. He just doesn't seem to have the same flow about his game as he did a couple of seasons back. He must be right down on confidence.
Plenty of players can cope with a lack of leg speed but I don't think this is totally the reason why Higgins is down on form.

MrMahatma
08-04-2012, 12:11 AM

Jones NEEDS to play CHF. He's not a FF; never will be. I'd play Cordy as our FF.

I'd look at playing Skinner too, because our forward half is close to the worst in the league.
Reckon the front half is where most changes are needed short term. Structurally we're broken across half fwd and butcher it when going in. A solid effort from Ayce this week and he'd have to be close.

Rocco Jones
08-04-2012, 12:12 AM

Besides GWS and GC who don't really count I agree with you.

I know I go on about the 2nd ruck role but it hurts us having two ruckman who are both much more suited to playing in the ruck than up forward. With the massive pressure of picking the lock up forward, Will is a liability when he has the ball there and Roughy just doesn't do enough there. The top heavy factor they add to us has a flow on affect of making it difficult to play another tall forward.

I don't like having to play Roughy, Cordy and Will there but I don't like what we have now. It's hard when you're not very good. :(

Before I Die
08-04-2012, 01:28 AM

Talking about scapegoats!

I thought Grant was the only forward who looked dangerous tonight. His hands in close are very good and he is creative with the ball. Also he stuck quite a few tackles tonight including some repeat efforts. I know a lot are disappointed that he is not a power forward, but he is still developing as a player (though unfortunately not also in his body size) and I believe he is already an important part of our forward setup.

Wood I am very concerned about. A running halfback who turns the ball over is not a good thing.

Sedat
08-04-2012, 01:39 AM
I thought Grant was the only forward who looked dangerous tonight. His hands in close are very good and he is creative with the ball. Also he stuck quite a few tackles tonight including some repeat efforts. I know a lot are disappointed that he is not a power forward, but he is still developing as a player (though unfortunately not also in his body size) and I believe he is already an important part of our forward setup.Grant showed far greater intensity tonight than he has in 18 months. I loved his repeat defensive efforts to lock the ball in during the 3rd qtr. I also loved his effort in the 2nd qtr when he held onto the ball to dish off to a player in a better position, knowing full well that he was about to get poleaxed - he took the hit and got straight back up.

As our only lead-up forward of any note, my only criticism of him tonight was that he didn't get enough of it. I'd like to see 13 possessions become 20 - Grant getting it 20 times with his creativity can only benefit the team.

jeemak
08-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Grant showed far greater intensity tonight than he has in 18 months. I loved his repeat defensive efforts to lock the ball in during the 3rd qtr. I also loved his effort in the 2nd qtr when he held onto the ball to dish off to a player in a better position, knowing full well that he was about to get poleaxed - he took the hit and got straight back up.

As our only lead-up forward of any note, my only criticism of him tonight was that he didn't get enough of it. I'd like to see 13 possessions become 20 - Grant getting it 20 times with his creativity can only benefit the team.

This was probably the most impressive thing I saw tonight. He knew full well prior to receiving the ball what he had to do with it, and what the physical ramifications of getting it and doing what he needed to do would be.

I'd like to see how we'd go with a tall like Cordy playing out of the square alongside Grant playing a high and low role. With Jones playing at CHF I think we'd stretch a few defenses for height or pace with Grant's versatility in this role. Cordy needs to kick a few goals this week again to be considered for senior selection.

I think we need a better spread of goal kicking from our midfielders on an ongoing basis. Hopefully Sherman and Tutt can put their names forward this week after a solid performance at Willy tomorrow.

Wood's usage is a concern to me. I think it's a concentration issue, and maybe he needs to be told to get his head together and demonstrate the level of respect for possession that is required from and AFL player in the two's.

Greystache
08-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Out- Wood, Hargrave. Minson

In- Veszpremi, Sherman, Cordy

The Bulldogs Bite
08-04-2012, 03:14 AM
I was really, really pleased with Grant's efforts tonight. I've never seen him attack the contest like he did tonight, even in 2010 when he had a good year.

Could he play wing?

He's super quick, and makes pretty good decisions with the ball in hand. Disposal is OK, but he's really quick and creative by hand.

Agree he needs to get more of it -- I thought he impacted the game in the third quarter, and he did it with limited touches. If he could get 20 possessions a game, he'd be a seriously dangerous player.

Greystache
08-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Talking about scapegoats!

I thought Grant was the only forward who looked dangerous tonight. His hands in close are very good and he is creative with the ball. Also he stuck quite a few tackles tonight including some repeat efforts. I know a lot are disappointed that he is not a power forward, but he is still developing as a player (though unfortunately not also in his body size) and I believe he is already an important part of our forward setup.

Wood I am very concerned about. A running halfback who turns the ball over is not a good thing.

Of course he was good. We've got so many posters putting 20 odd players in the "scapegoat" category they have to slander players who were ok on the day, there's simply no one left. Except obviously Addison.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Of course he was good. We've got so many posters putting 20 odd players in the "scapegoat" category they have to slander players who were ok on the day, there's simply no one left. Except obviously Addison.

Who slandered him? I didn't even say he had a poor game. I said I'd dropping him before Higgins.

You want Minson dropped but gave no explanation when the only difference really statistically was Roughead kicked 1.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I would like to see Cordy come in and be our FF, helping with forward ruck work, this would prevent the opposition backline double and triple teaming the Jones boy and give us a serious height boost to the full forward line.

I would drop Dickson back to Willy to gain more fitness.

Grant was good last night, showed some real determination.

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2012, 10:38 AM
You want Minson dropped but gave no explanation when the only difference really statistically was Roughead kicked 1.

Does actual ruckwork matter anymore?

Minson was putrid around the ground but he centre square work was fantastic. I've no idea of the centre clearance stats but I'm guessing we smashed them.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 11:08 AM

Minson was putrid around the ground but he centre square work was fantastic. I've no idea of the centre clearance stats but I'm guessing we smashed them.

Taps Jacobs 30 at 35% Minson 19 at 42% Roughead 8 at 25%
Clearances J 2 M 2 R 0
No mention of Roughead's jumping on Griffen either.

Go_Dogs
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM

I wouldn't say smashed, (maybe we did) but certainly in the 3rd, our clearance work was exceptional - clean ball that set up shots on goal, it was a noticeable advantage. Jacobs wasn't very damaging around the ground so really, I thought we broke even in the ruck battle. Minson isn't going to be a star, but he's still our best option.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
We won the centre clearances 13 to 5 but lost at the stoppages 19 to 28.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I think the stoppages turn around when we tire. Especially in the last quarter. Most of the game we were good except for the first 10 mins. Structure needs to be addressed quickly to make us more competitive in the air. Hopefully will be address this week. We know the saints have good marks down back and really need to be competitive in the air.

divvydan
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Just a heads up, WB twitter account reporting that Hargrave is okay which means he should be available next week.

DragzLS1
08-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Thank god! That the last thing we needed down back! Bring on the saints! Our season start now!

G-Mo77
08-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Thank god! That the last thing we needed down back! Bring on the saints! Our season start now!

Our season has already started, we're 0 - 2 and I'm pretty confident we'll be 0 - 3 after Saturday night.

The Pie Man
08-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see Panos play well today to strengthen an argument for his inclusion. He's someone that can take advantage of limited opportunities.

Will wait and see the VFL result before commenting further

The Coon Dog
08-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Our season has already started, we're 0 - 2 and I'm pretty confident we'll be 0 - 3 after Saturday night.

What have St.Kilda done to have you feeling this way?

G-Mo77
08-04-2012, 12:04 PM
What have St.Kilda done to have you feeling this way?

They're St. Kilda. When was the last time we beat them? :o

Riewoldt could play like rubbish for a whole season and he'll come out and star against us. We've never had an answer for Goddard, don't think that will change next week. There midfield will carve us up, always do and McEvoy should dominate. We all want St. Kilda to be horrible but they're still a much better side than us right now no matter which way you look at it.

always right
08-04-2012, 12:29 PM
No-one to play on Milne either. We'll need everything to go right for us to win.

Desipura
08-04-2012, 12:31 PM
In Campbell, Tutt and Skinner
Out Roughy Smith and Dickson

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2012, 12:35 PM
They're St. Kilda. When was the last time we beat them? :o

When was the last time Adelaide beat us?

*waits for someone to say 'last night'.*

Rocco Jones
08-04-2012, 12:38 PM
No-one to play on Milne either. We'll need everything to go right for us to win.

Shaggy.

ledge
08-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I think Gia is near on our best forward , have watched replays of games and wow he does it hard for his size and terrible delivery to him at times.

Mantis
08-04-2012, 01:39 PM
In Hill, Tutt and Skinner
Out Roughy Smith and Dickson

The same Hill who has been playing Willi reserves?

ledge
08-04-2012, 03:18 PM

Maybe Josh?

Desipura
08-04-2012, 04:10 PM

Did I say Hill, I meant Campbell

Hotdog60
08-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Hill has got 4 goals at 3 quarter time maybe you want to change back :)

Bulldog Revolution
08-04-2012, 05:09 PM
For me there were actually lots of pleasing parts of last nights performance. I can't agree with the calls for Grant or Higgins heads etc. Grant tackled better than I've ever seen him last night and looks close to me to a breakout performance. Don't get me wrong, Im also frustrated with losing but elements of our game have improved, and I think our young players are performing quite well.

The game was thrown away in the first half, the two late goals the Crows kicked after we had dominated play in the second were woeful. That Petrenko was able to spot a wide open Lynch was unacceptable, as was the one before where Dangerfield goaled from a centring ball was also disgusting.

For me its really a decision around where Smith and Dickson are at physically and who is fit and in form and able to replace them. Sherman is a possibility, would Vez offer something forward and back. The Saints are small down back and someone like Skinner or Panos might stretch them and be able to bob up against them and kick 2+.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 05:59 PM
:)
And Campbell is out injured.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 06:02 PM
:)
And Campbell is out injured.

Some one said he was rested?

mjp
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Like BR, I also thought we were pretty good. I was pretty disappointed with Cooney's handball to no-one on the defensive 70m mark that led to Walker's mark and goal in the last q, but that was just frustration on my part at such a basic error being made by an experienced player. What else? Higgins missed goal late in the 3rd q...not much other than that to be truthful.

Smith is pretty much what he is - we knew his kicking was bad (and yep, what we saw last night is what we have seen before) but he was still a prescence around the contest. Dickson is two games in and still picking up the pace - personally I would persist but given Wallis was dumped after 1 week so who knows what they will do??? I just don't see the point of 6 months of training and planning (prior to R1) being abandoned within a couple of games - and Dickson was clearly part of the planning.

I don't know. We have played 2 games against good opposition and apart from 20mins vs West Coast have looked pretty good. I still expect finals from this group.

AndrewP6
08-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Like BR, I also thought we were pretty good. I was pretty disappointed with Cooney's handball to no-one on the defensive 70m mark that led to Walker's mark and goal in the last q, but that was just frustration on my part at such a basic error being made by an experienced player. What else? Higgins missed goal late in the 3rd q...not much other than that to be truthful.

Smith is pretty much what he is - we knew his kicking was bad (and yep, what we saw last night is what we have seen before) but he was still a prescence around the contest. Dickson is two games in and still picking up the pace - personally I would persist but given Wallis was dumped after 1 week so who knows what they will do??? I just don't see the point of 6 months of training and planning (prior to R1) being abandoned within a couple of games - and Dickson was clearly part of the planning.

I don't know. We have played 2 games against good opposition and apart from 20mins vs West Coast have looked pretty good. I still expect finals from this group.

This year??

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Some one said he was rested?

Either way he ain't coming straight into the first team.

LostDoggy
08-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Yes , finally. maybe not this year but very soon. We are not going to spend half
a decade in the wilderness like some clubs which for some reason makes me very proud .
Its a bulldog kinda thing.

A -
it's been a long time since iv'e seen a bulldogs
team of KIDS play with that kind of balls. There is a strength of conviction
that was not there under rocket. And the older players are having to earn a
spot, not getting one on reputation. This group will develop together
and in a year or two when they all mature together
(jones / roughy / libba / grant / smith / cordy / wood / dollhouse/ wallis etc etc etc..
watch out, all of these players will make it!

I personally we think we won the lottery in terms of all the new coaches,
and add to this all our picks in the superdraft this year, and your cooneys, higgins, griffens, shermans, pickens, maybe one or two of the draft of 99, etc etc who will still be around as these kids mature..

the reason we have fallen in 3 prelims is that we have not had that group
that has come through all together (ie geelong), all the same age, all committed to the same cause . I liked rocket but he did recruit to plug holes in search of the holy grail . now we are starting from scratch. I believe mcartney is serious and is prepared to stick to his guns to get there.

would your rather be north melbourne or melbourne or richmond or even
essendon or st kilda, etc? Shit man we will have one or two years (at most) outside the 8 and then be a real threat again .

...with our limitied funds and to only drop out of the eight for a year or two..
someone at our club must be doing something right. enjoy the ride.

p.s we have played the two nab cup finalists in a row and given them a run
for at least 3 quaters. trust me adelaide were sh)*&ing themselves last night.

look at the positives i say, watch our kids tear it up, and have faith real success is not
that far away.

Remi Moses
08-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I thought Higgins and Grant were the most intense they have been in a while

Ghost Dog
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes , finally. maybe not this year but very soon. We are not going to spend half
a decade in the wilderness like some clubs which for some reason makes me very proud .
Its a bulldog kinda thing.

A -
it's been a long time since iv'e seen a bulldogs
team of KIDS play with that kind of balls. There is a strength of conviction
that was not there under rocket. And the older players are having to earn a
spot, not getting one on reputation. This group will develop together
and in a year or two when they all mature together
(jones / roughy / libba / grant / smith / cordy / wood / dollhouse/ wallis etc etc etc..
watch out, all of these players will make it!

I personally we think we won the lottery in terms of all the new coaches,
and add to this all our picks in the superdraft this year, and your cooneys, higgins, griffens, shermans, pickens, maybe one or two of the draft of 99, etc etc who will still be around as these kids mature..

the reason we have fallen in 3 prelims is that we have not had that group
that has come through all together (ie geelong), all the same age, all committed to the same cause . I liked rocket but he did recruit to plug holes in search of the holy grail . now we are starting from scratch. I believe mcartney is serious and is prepared to stick to his guns to get there.

would your rather be north melbourne or melbourne or richmond or even
essendon or st kilda, etc? Shit man we will have one or two years (at most) outside the 8 and then be a real threat again .

...with our limitied funds and to only drop out of the eight for a year or two..
someone at our club must be doing something right. enjoy the ride.

p.s we have played the two nab cup finalists in a row and given them a run
for at least 3 quaters. trust me adelaide were sh)*&ing themselves last night.

look at the positives i say, watch our kids tear it up, and have faith real success is not
that far away.

Great observations Frank, I totally agree.
I love the calm, quiet resolve of our new coach in the pressers. A determined and encouraging nature. I doubt we'll see him give the players a spray. And yet the players seem more willing and eager for the hard ball than ever. Every time there's a pack, I have real confidence we will win it. So impressed with Mac so far.

Maddog37
08-04-2012, 09:01 PM

I was very impressed with bth as well. Grant will be a gun if he finds confidence rather than bravado. He may yet present that match up nightmare he promises to be.

Higgins is slowly improving and I hope his body holds up. If it does he will blossom.

Lots of ifs though admittedly.

mjp
08-04-2012, 09:03 PM
This year??

Yes - I expect finals THIS YEAR.

We had chances to get over Adelaide in Adelaide last night. They are a good side. We still have Griffen, Cooney, Lake, Boyd, Shaggy, Cross and Gia - core players in a side that played in 3 consecutive prelims. We have Liberatore and Dalhaus who are possibly the best 1-2 rookies we have had for a long time...

Why do you not think we can make it? Because we lost to West Coast and Adelaide in R1 and R2?

bornadog
08-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Especially Grant, I was impressed with the look of determination on his face which I have not seen before.

AndrewP6
08-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Why do you not think we can make it? Because we lost to West Coast and Adelaide in R1 and R2?

No. Because we have a Cooney who has a bung knee that will likely inhibit his output and needs constant management just to get out on the park. We have Lake, Hargrave, Morris (when he gets back) all coming off serious injuries/rehab. We have a forward line that is a shambles, along with a back line, that, through no fault of theirs, has been decimated by injury to key players. We have a No. 1 ruck whose form is up and down more than a yo-yo. The core players you mention are two years older than when they last played finals. We have a bunch of kids who people are loading a huge amount of responsibility on. We have holes in our list that will take more than a season to fix.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, that's just how I see it.

Nuggety Back Pocket
08-04-2012, 09:50 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you like to see for next week on Saturday night against St Kilda?

A brief explanation for your changes would be good too.

I was interested in your summary of Willy's performance today and was wondering if you felt Cordy wasn't ready for senior inclusion?
We still lack a quality ruckman and another key forward. Lack of penetration in attack is a major weakness. Djeerkura was handy against the Crows and Dickson was good when he came on as the sub but just 9 goals with 2 from skipper Boyd in an inspired third quarter is not going to win you many games. We currently have too many similar types in attack such as Gia, Higgins, DJ, Dickson, Grant and even Sherman who are hardly game breakers.
At the risk of weakening our defence is it time to move Murphy to half forward to add some class to our forward line?
Our current forward structure doesn't inspire confidence against the top 6-8 teams in the AFL.

GVGjr
08-04-2012, 10:32 PM
I was interested in your summary of Willy's performance today and was wondering if you felt Cordy wasn't ready for senior inclusion?
We still lack a quality ruckman and another key forward. Lack of penetration in attack is a major weakness. Djeerkura was handy against the Crows and Dickson was good when he came on as the sub but just 9 goals with 2 from skipper Boyd in an inspired third quarter is not going to win you many games. We currently have too many similar types in attack such as Gia, Higgins, DJ, Dickson, Grant and even Sherman who are hardly game breakers.
At the risk of weakening our defence is it time to move Murphy to half forward to add some class to our forward line?
Our current forward structure doesn't inspire confidence against the top 6-8 teams in the AFL.

I just don't think we can go into many games with Minson, Roughead and Cordy in the line-up. Cordy's form won't get a lot better at Williamstown so he's as ready as he can be. Dropping one of the other guys wont be easy though.

I suggested a few weeks back that Murphy could be moved forward because of our young and inexperienced forward line but that was before Williams and then Howard injured themselves. It's a hard move to make but it's worth considering. We really need Easton Wood to step up but he's off the boil at the moment.

Bulldog Revolution
08-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I just don't think we can go into many games with Minson, Roughead and Cordy in the line-up. Cordy's form won't get a lot better at Williamstown so he's as ready as he can be. Dropping one of the other guys wont be easy though.

I agree, I just think we will lose too much run adding Cordy as a key position player. He needs to break in as the second ruckman

You've watch far more VFL than I see GVGjr but I would have thought a season of solid consistent footy from Cordy at VFL level would put him in a great position to really launch an AFL career, and that he had massive room for improvement and growth even at VFL level. I say this because he has basically never had any continuity of fitness and hasn't really had much senior exposure. How is he rucking? How is he spending his time 65% forward, 35% ruck?

GVGjr
08-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I agree, I just think we will lose too much run adding Cordy as a key position player. He needs to break in as the second ruckman

You've watch far more VFL than I see GVGjr but I would have thought a season of solid consistent footy from Cordy at VFL level would put him in a great position to really launch an AFL career, and that he had massive room for improvement and growth even at VFL level. I say this because he has basically never had any continuity of fitness and hasn't really had much senior exposure. How is he rucking? How is he spending his time 65% forward, 35% ruck?

When Campbell is in the line-up he probably does 60% forward and 40% in the ruck. Today it would have been the other way when partnered with Hill. His ruck works is good at this level but I don't know how that it will transition to the AFL. He's marking the ball around the ground now and in previous seasons I've never seen that.

You're right that he's never had any continuity with his fitness due to his many injuries and I think the form he is displaying is because he's finally had a great pre-season.

Hotdog60
08-04-2012, 11:45 PM
If Gilbee is in long term doubt, could Austin get elevated to help with the back line. The reason being he has had AFL experience before and had a good game today by reports. It may free up Murphy to go forward.

Sedat
08-04-2012, 11:57 PM
If Gilbee is in long term doubt, could Austin get elevated to help with the back line. The reason being he has had AFL experience before and had a good game today by reports. It may free up Murphy to go forward.If Bob moves forward, where will our defensive rebound come from? When Bob played forward a couple of seasons, we had Harbrow providing the run and carry from defensive 50. Bob stays back for mine.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Didn't Murphy go on record as saying he only wanted to play across half back? He's a great player and I'd like to see him up forward at times, but I'm not sure it's good for his body.

It will be interesting to see how we manage our taller players this year.

I would like to see us inject some games into Tom Hill and Panos when their form is deserving. Likewise Cordy and possibly Austin.

bornadog
09-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Didn't Murphy go on record as saying he only wanted to play across half back? He's a great player and I'd like to see him up forward at times, but I'm not sure it's good for his body.

It will be interesting to see how we manage our taller players this year.

I would like to see us inject some games into Tom Hill and Panos when their form is deserving. Likewise Cordy and possibly Austin.

How mobile is Hill? We really need a mobile tall, we seem to have alot of the lumbering types. Cordy moves well and seems more flexible than the others.

Hotdog60
09-04-2012, 09:05 AM
If Bob moves forward, where will our defensive rebound come from? When Bob played forward a couple of seasons, we had Harbrow providing the run and carry from defensive 50. Bob stays back for mine.

I've never been a fan of Murphy going forward either, but if we are in control of the game I think short stints here and there during the game would be ok. Although I do have concerns on his knee by doing so.
I've not seen Austin in action, if he's in good form does he offer any rebound or is he the more stay at home type?

always right
09-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm not keen on seeing Murph get crunched by defenders each week. Even though I would love to see him create havoc up forward, I much prefer watching him running out of defense than sitting on the sideline with Williams.

GVGjr
09-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not keen on seeing Murph get crunched by defenders each week. Even though I would love to see him create havoc up forward, I much prefer watching him running out of defense than sitting on the sideline with Williams.

Are forwards really getting crunched more than other players? I think with an inexperienced forward line Murphy's value there might be worth more that the perceived risk.
I acknowledge it's harder to make that move given we don't have Morris, Williams and Howard but I would consider it if those guys were available.

Bumper Bulldogs
09-04-2012, 09:45 AM
OK heres my early prediction for the side to take on the Saints. I really feel that we have no need to panic just yet as it is only two games and like others we can see the improvement around the ground and the largest issue is the forward line entry.

One change only and it's Will out & Cordy in. This is really to send a reminder call to Will, and will strengthen the forward line marking abilities.

As other have said if Dicksons tank is not big enough leave him as the sub, otherwise swap him with Wallis

B: Bob Murphy, Brian Lake, Dylan Addison
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Lukas Markovic, Easton Wood
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Liam Jones, Adam Cooney
F: Daniel Giansiracusa, Ayce Cordy, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Jordan Roughead, Tom Liberatore, Liam Picken
I/C: Jarrad Grant, Nathan Djerrkura, Clay Smith, (Sub - Tory Dickson)
Emg: Mitchell Wallis, Will Minson

I would but the midfield on the track this week and just get them to practice hitting a target on a lead, with that done we go 1:2 win loss ratio.

LostDoggy
09-04-2012, 10:34 AM
OK heres my early prediction for the side to take on the Saints. I really feel that we have no need to panic just yet as it is only two games and like others we can see the improvement around the ground and the largest issue is the forward line entry.

One change only and it's Will out & Cordy in. This is really to send a reminder call to Will, and will strengthen the forward line marking abilities.

As other have said if Dicksons tank is not big enough leave him as the sub, otherwise swap him with Wallis

B: Bob Murphy, Brian Lake, Dylan Addison
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Lukas Markovic, Easton Wood
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Liam Jones, Adam Cooney
F: Daniel Giansiracusa, Ayce Cordy, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Jordan Roughead, Tom Liberatore, Liam Picken
I/C: Jarrad Grant, Nathan Djerrkura, Clay Smith, (Sub - Tory Dickson)
Emg: Mitchell Wallis, Will Minson

I would but the midfield on the track this week and just get them to practice hitting a target on a lead, with that done we go 1:2 win loss ratio.

No need to panic so why you removing our best and most experienced ruck for a 3rd gamer? You might gain something up forward with Cordy but you lose a lot more in midfield.

1eyedog
09-04-2012, 11:09 AM
No need to panic so why you removing our best and most experienced ruck for a 3rd gamer? You might gain something up forward with Cordy but you lose a lot more in midfield.

Obviously because he's not playing like it.

LostDoggy
09-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Dickson IN and Higgins to Sub. Just want to see how he goes with a full game. Higgins looks tired may need a rest.

ledge
09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
If Higgins is tired after two games and cant get up a week later for a game doesnt say much for our pre season.

LostDoggy
09-04-2012, 12:50 PM
If Higgins is tired after two games and cant get up a week later for a game doesnt say much for our pre season.

Didn't he have an interrupted pre-season and joined the main group late.

Bumper Bulldogs
09-04-2012, 12:53 PM

I just think it would spur him into action, IMO Will has never been the same after the soy milk thing, and with the Saints I expect McEvoy to dominate in the ruck so bring Cordy in would
A: Reward Cordy for effort
B: Send a clear message to the side that it team selection is performance based
C: Enable us to expose McEvoy across the ground, I am happy to concede the centre bounces but feel it would work in our advantage over the ground.

Let me assure you that I feel Will is an important part of our team and the two new young blokes will not stand up to the full season, so we need Wills experience AFL body. However he played FF for years under Rocket and we need to get into his head and let him know we have other options so you better add something around the ground.

Bumper Bulldogs
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Didn't he have an interrupted pre-season and joined the main group late.

I think so and would like to play him more as a forward at the moment along with Cooney. I think this would be a little easier on them and if they get 8 kicks between them in the forward 50 we should convert 6 Goals, at this point Gia, DJ, Smith and D/house could go into the middle

chef
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
In
Sherman
Wallis
Cordy

Out
Dickson
Addison
Roughead

SlimPickens
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM
In
Sherman
Veszpremi
Cordy

Out
Dickson
Addison
Roughead

Vez was injured yesterday and is in doubt this week. Easton Wood for me has to be in trouble way too many costly turnovers in dangerous parts on the ground.

Out: Wood
Roughy

In:Cordy
Sherman

chef
09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Vez was injured yesterday and is in doubt this week. Easton Wood for me has to be in trouble way too many costly turnovers in dangerous parts on the ground.

Roughy

Sherman

Thanks, I've edited my side accordingly.

chef
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Roughy

Sherman

Yep, starting to look like a pretty average footballer.

SlimPickens
09-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Yep, starting to look like a pretty average footballer.

Still has plenty of development to go but some of the missed targets especially by hand are just unacceptable.

Flamethrower
09-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Who plays on Riewoldt this week?

Lake usually picks up Kosi. Markovic matches up better with Rhys Stanley. Addison will have to take Milne. Can't see Shaggy, Easton or Bob on Riewoldt. Could be an opportunity to revisit the Cordy as a CHB experiment that Rocket looked at last year.

Either that or play Ayce up forward to help out LJ, who is being double and triple teamed each week as our only genuine tall forward.

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM

I agree but without Williams and Morris (and not much depth elsewhere) I think we can't afford to drop him.

Who plays on Riewoldt this week?

Lake usually picks up Kosi. Markovic matches up better with Rhys Stanley. Addison will have to take Milne. Can't see Shaggy, Easton or Bob on Riewoldt. Could be an opportunity to revisit the Cordy as a CHB experiment that Rocket looked at last year.

Either that or play Ayce up forward to help out LJ, who is being double and triple teamed each week as our only genuine tall forward.

Shaggy on Milne for mine, he has a great track record on him.

SlimPickens
09-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree but without Williams and Morris (and not much depth elsewhere) I think we can't afford to drop him.

Thought about that would have Higgins go back and play Sherman half forward.

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Thought about that would have Higgins go back and play Sherman half forward.

I really don't think Shaun down back suits our new style. I would still have Wood ahead of Addison anyway.

SlimPickens
09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Tend to agree, although we need better ball use out of the back half. At the moment Shaggy, Addison and Wood are not getting the job done in terms of ball use, so for me one has a spell down a Willy.

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
My changes fwiw

IN/ Cordy, Wallis
OUT/ Roughead, Dickson

azabob
09-04-2012, 08:21 PM
My changes fwiw

IN/ Cordy, Wallis
OUT/ Roughead, Dickson

Where does Cordy play?

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Where does Cordy play?

2nd ruck role. Majority of his TOG forward and relieving Will in ruck when he needs a rest. Will to play purel as a ruck.

azabob
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
2nd ruck role. Majority of his TOG forward and relieving Will in ruck when he needs a rest. Will to play purel as a ruck.

I see an issue in defence again, who plays on Milne, Kosi, St.Nick and Stanley?

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I see an issue in defence again, who plays on Milne, Kosi, St.Nick and Stanley?

I see Kosi as a good opportunity for Lake to continue his form from Sat night.

Really unsure of what to do with Riewoldt. Markovic?

I think Shaggy is a great match up for Milne but with a lack of height perhaps he will be needed on Stanley or Riewoldt. Markovic to get the other one.

azabob
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I see Kosi as a good opportunity for Lake to continue his form from Sat night.

Really unsure of what to do with Riewoldt. Markovic?

I think Shaggy is a great match up for Milne but with a lack of height perhaps he will be needed on Stanley or Riewoldt. Markovic to get the other one.

Riewoldt is the tough one. I think he has been playing deeper than normal so maybe Lake is our only option? Markovic on Kosi, Shaggy on Milne and perhaps Wood may have to play on Stanley? Not ideal as Wood would be down on confidence.

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Riewoldt is the tough one. I think he has been playing deeper than normal so maybe Lake is our only option? Markovic on Kosi, Shaggy on Milne and perhaps Wood may have to play on Stanley? Not ideal as Wood would be down on confidence.

I like playing Lake on a less mobile opponent that he can zone off. Kosi fits that. He could zone off and support Marko like he did on Sat Night.

I do see your point on Lake/Roo though, would free up others etc.

LostDoggy
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Obviously because he's not playing like it.

Well Roughead can't be the most experienced and definetely isn't rucking better.
Dropping your best ruck in round 3 is panic stations.

Ghost Dog
09-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd be keen for us to have the exact same structure V the Crows to rock up for the Saints game. . It seems to be working, just need a four quarter effort and for the boys to fine tune, not panic, get a good start, stick to their structures and not do anything stupid. .Brian to Roo, Marko to Kosi.

jeemak
09-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I'd be happy enough to test Brian on Riewoldt this week, and leave Markovic to take Kosi.

If Riewoldt wants to burn Lake goes searching for the ball up the ground then we've gotten him away from goal, which is a win. He's not as mobile as he once was, so I don't see the repeat leading as something Brian won't be able to handle.

Markovic is dour enough to limit Kosi's effectiveness, though only if he has sufficient help from Wood and Murphy as the next man up.

BulldogBelle
09-04-2012, 10:02 PM
This is where Mulligan should be able to come in and provide some height to an already stretched backline - but can't. Best yesterday for Willy was Austin. With 18 senior games under his belt and yesterdays BOG, does he come in to take the third tall, which in turn leaves Shaggy to play a running defender role rather that a negating role? Anyway, I'd role the dice and play Austin on Stanley/McAvoy, Lake to take Reiwoldt, and Markovic on Kosi. Round out the back 6 with Murphy, Hargrave and Addison. Wood out (badly out of touch).
Mids: Minson, Boyd, Cooney, Griffin, Cross, Libratore.
Fwds: Cordy, Jones, Gia, DJ, Grant, Dahlhaus.
Int: Higgins, Picken, Roughead, Dickson
Out: Smith, Wood,
Ins: Cordy, Austin,
Cordy to play as a pure fwd. Dickson as Sub.

azabob
09-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Hoopsnake Austin is rookie listed.

Been said many a time but spot on about Mulligan.

Mantis
09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd be keen for us to have the exact same structure V the Crows to rock up for the Saints game. . It seems to be working, just need a four quarter effort and for the boys to fine tune, not panic, get a good start, stick to their structures and not do anything stupid. .Brian to Roo, Marko to Kosi.

So who goes to Stanley?

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
This is where Mulligan should be able to come in and provide some height to an already stretched backline - but can't. Best yesterday for Willy was Austin. With 18 senior games under his belt and yesterdays BOG, does he come in to take the third tall, which in turn leaves Shaggy to play a running defender role rather that a negating role? Anyway, I'd role the dice and play Austin on Stanley/McAvoy, Lake to take Reiwoldt, and Markovic on Kosi. Round out the back 6 with Murphy, Hargrave and Addison. Wood out (badly out of touch).

With Wood's poor disposal/inability to offer us much rebound, I would have his spot up for a tall defender such as Austin to release Shaggy. Ideally I wouldn't want to play Markovic + another tall defensive battler though (please come back Dale!!!). That combined with Austin's injury affected pre-season means I would give Easton at least one more game.

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Hoopsnake Austin is rookie listed.

Been said many a time but spot on about Mulligan.

Perhaps he can come onto the list in place of Gilbs.

azabob
09-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Perhaps he can come onto the list in place of Gilbs.

Have we had confirmed what's wrong with Gilbee?

LostDoggy
09-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I'll be dropping Addison from the backline before Wood.

Rocco Jones
09-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I'll be dropping Addison from the backline before Wood.

Yep, I mentioned that earlier. I guess Addison is also in that group where he can be replaced by a tall to free up Shaggy depending on opposition. Once again, I would rather not.

LostDoggy
09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Macca,s game plan is an oversize midfield with only two forwards and a rotating ruckman in the forward line

Jones and Dickson are our only forwards under the game plan , the defense is considered a separate zone and the rest of the ground is divided into zones and the midfield has the responsibility to control the zones , defend the zones and push forward to score , players like Higgins, Gia and Dahlhaus may be named in the forward line but they are included in the midfield , under that game plan our ability to score will fluctuate depending on how much control the midfield can get over the game
Having a player like Cordy as a forward does not fit the structure or the game plan at the moment because his offensive impact would have to be 50/50 with his defensive impact
Our defense is holding on and improving and we will just have to stick with it , and part of that is the midfield cutting off supply to the opposition forwards consistently over 4 quarters

I don,t expect many changes to the squad against St Kilda

They do have three talls this season but the game plan is to work up the ground as well so our defense is going to be stretched by the amount of ground covered and the decision to follow Riewoldt , Koschitzke and Stanley up the ground or not , St Kilda want those three players in positions where there is a mismatch
Our midfield is numerically superior and their forward line is vertically superior , as I said before we just have to work hard to cutoff supply , if all three of their tall forwards are getting cheap possessions 60 or 70m metres from goal and we push numbers back to choke their forward line and rebound quickly on turnovers they will be forced to change tactics

I,m expecting to see much the same squad turn out but our strategies and tactics will be revised by what we have learned against West Coast and Adelaide

Sedat
09-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Our midfield is numerically superior and their forward line is vertically superior , as I said before we just have to work hard to cutoff supply, if all three of their tall forwards are getting cheap possessions 60 or 70m metres from goal and we push numbers back to choke their forward line and rebound quickly on turnovers they will be forced to change tactics.Pretty much in a nut shell. Any way you want to slice it and dice it, St Kilda's forwards will match up dangerously against our depleted defensive unit, so it is absolutely vital that our midfield group and ruck division work their asses off all night to restrict the amount clean delivery that St Kilda's forwards enjoyed last night against GC. If we can do that (not easy against Lenny '3 votes vs the Bulldogs' Hayes) we will give ourselves the best chance to win the game.

bornadog
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I'd be happy enough to test Brian on Riewoldt this week, and leave Markovic to take Kosi.

If Riewoldt wants to burn Lake goes searching for the ball up the ground then we've gotten him away from goal, which is a win. He's not as mobile as he once was, so I don't see the repeat leading as something Brian won't be able to handle.

Markovic is dour enough to limit Kosi's effectiveness, though only if he has sufficient help from Wood and Murphy as the next man up.

I agree with this. Riewoldt would be too good for Markovic.

Ozza
10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Roughy

Sherman

His errors have been very frustrating - but we need him for flexibility in defence - quick, reasonably tall. He's a better option than Addison.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-04-2012, 05:39 PM
His errors have been very frustrating - but we need him for flexibility in defence - quick, reasonably tall. He's a better option than Addison.

Whilst I agree in theory, Wood has been pretty poor and on form Addison is quite a long way ahead at this point. Dylan has been good in the first two games.

We don't really have too many options to replace Wood, though.

Maybe Austin -- but I can't see us elevating anyone this early.

bornadog
10-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Whilst I agree in theory, Wood has been pretty poor and on form Addison is quite a long way ahead at this point. Dylan has been good in the first two games.

Wood isnot tall at 187cm, I don't understand why we think because he has a big leap we have to think of him as a tall. I would prefer to see Wood dropped and Higgins to the backline, Cordy to the forward line.

On Addison, personally I think he is just hanging in there, but not sure who can take his spot. Vez hasn't shown a lot in the 2nds and he is now injured.

Bulldog4life
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM
How mobile is Hill? We really need a mobile tall, we seem to have alot of the lumbering types. Cordy moves well and seems more flexible than the others.

I remember a year or so back it was mentioned from someone at the Club that Cordy was mobile enough to play on a wing. It could have been Rocket, not sure.

ledge
10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
I remember a year or so back it was mentioned from someone at the Club that Cordy was mobile enough to play on a wing. It could have been Rocket, not sure.

The talk on Cordy has been his amazing ball handling skills below his knees for his height.

Bulldog Revolution
10-04-2012, 09:07 PM

I think Dylan has been good in his new role (keeping in mind he basically didn't play senior footy in 2011 - 3 games, none consecutive) and thought Wood was better than he was against the Eagles.

Wood is clearly a key building block under Macca and I don't think he should be dropped at this stage.

stefoid
10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Interesting post. Care to expand more on these zones - is this what you see or what youve been told?

Why cant Cordy play as one of these extra mids - no tank?

Macca,s game plan is an oversize midfield with only two forwards and a rotating ruckman in the forward line

Jones and Dickson are our only forwards under the game plan , the defense is considered a separate zone and the rest of the ground is divided into zones and the midfield has the responsibility to control the zones , defend the zones and push forward to score , players like Higgins, Gia and Dahlhaus may be named in the forward line but they are included in the midfield , under that game plan our ability to score will fluctuate depending on how much control the midfield can get over the game
Having a player like Cordy as a forward does not fit the structure or the game plan at the moment because his offensive impact would have to be 50/50 with his defensive impact
Our defense is holding on and improving and we will just have to stick with it , and part of that is the midfield cutting off supply to the opposition forwards consistently over 4 quarters

They do have three talls this season but the game plan is to work up the ground as well so our defense is going to be stretched by the amount of ground covered and the decision to follow Riewoldt , Koschitzke and Stanley up the ground or not , St Kilda want those three players in positions where there is a mismatch
Our midfield is numerically superior and their forward line is vertically superior , as I said before we just have to work hard to cutoff supply , if all three of their tall forwards are getting cheap possessions 60 or 70m metres from goal and we push numbers back to choke their forward line and rebound quickly on turnovers they will be forced to change tactics

I,m expecting to see much the same squad turn out but our strategies and tactics will be revised by what we have learned against West Coast and Adelaide

The Bulldogs Bite
10-04-2012, 11:16 PM

It's a fruitful idea in theory, but Cordy wouldn't be lined up against players his own height who are obviously slower and not as agile. He would be matched up on fast midfielders who are simply quicker, fitter and more profound at doing their role.

Cordy's mobility is a great plus, but playing him on a wing would be a disaster.

DragzLS1
10-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Cordy to stay at FF in the square and lead out or take a contested mark and with his height will trouble when we hit them on the counter. Jones at HF. Dont think we loose run like that and will give Jones more 1 on 1 situations rather then double and triple team'd. As Jones and Cordy are fairly mobile for their height I think could be a good pair up forward for us.

Barry would have been perfect in this situation because it frees up Jones and Bazza used to stretch the defence and create space for himself (which comes with experience and footy smarts)

I see cordy as able to play this role.

Its worth a shot

LostDoggy
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM

Jones and Dickson are our only forwards under the game plan , the defense is considered a separate zone and the rest of the ground is divided into zones and the midfield has the , players like Higgins, Gia and Dahlhaus may be named in the forward line but they are included in the midfield , under that game plan our ability to score will fluctuate depending on how much control the midfield can get over the game
Having a player like Cordy as a ( EDIT: extra ) forward does not fit the structure or the game plan at the moment because his offensive impact would have to be 50/50 with his defensive impact

Interesting post. Care to expand more on these zones - is this what you see or what youve been told?

As I stated , if we selected Cordy as a extra forward then his offensive impact would have to be 50/50 with his defensive impact

Now I will apologize for not clearly saying " extra forward " in my original post , my fault , now having said that if the two forwards are Jones and Cordy and Higgins is dropped to the bench and Dickson is named in the forward line but is as I said a midfielder that still fits the current structure , having three forwards does not fit the current structure

Now the zones I talked about is from from I,ve seen in training then implemented in the pre-season games then used in full against West Coast and Adelaide , with the expanded midfield rotation the area from the defensive 50m arc to a 30m arc in front of goal is divided into 20m to 30m circles that move as the opposition moves with the ball and when we have the ball and as I said the midfield has the responsibility to control the zones , defend the zones and push forward to score , to have scored as much damage to the opposition midfield as we did against West Coast and Adelaide shows how quickly the players are adapting

Now again I should explain that while the midfield stops at the 30m arc in front of goal that does not mean that the two forwards and the resting ruckman is restricted to that 30m , there is an overlap

The Bulldogs Bite
11-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Thinking of match-ups, it's going to be tough.

Kosi / Lake is usually what happens, which is good for us because Kosi is a spud and Lake can provide some drive. However, with no Morris and Williams, Lake is practically the only option to play on Riewoldt. Having said that, Lake's never had great endurance at the best of times let alone right now. I doubt he'd keep up with Nick -- but perhaps he will let Nick pick up possessions as long as he's outside 50. When he enetrs the 50, Lake takes him?

I've read suggestions elsewhere of Markovic on Riewldt which would be a disaster, and Wood -- which again, would be a disaster. Hargrave needs to play on Milne and is terrible against taller opponents anyway.

For mine, that means Markovic would need to take Kosi.

That leaves Stanley. Wood is about the only option -- unless we elevate Austin.

It will be very interesting to see how we match-up, particularly after the Eagles' talls did the job on us.

Sedat
11-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Thinking of match-ups, it's going to be tough.

Kosi / Lake is usually what happens, which is good for us because Kosi is a spud and Lake can provide some drive. However, with no Morris and Williams, Lake is practically the only option to play on Riewoldt. Having said that, Lake's never had great endurance at the best of times let alone right now. I doubt he'd keep up with Nick -- but perhaps he will let Nick pick up possessions as long as he's outside 50. When he enetrs the 50, Lake takes him?

I've read suggestions elsewhere of Markovic on Riewldt which would be a disaster, and Wood -- which again, would be a disaster. Hargrave needs to play on Milne and is terrible against taller opponents anyway.

For mine, that means Markovic would need to take Kosi.

That leaves Stanley. Wood is about the only option -- unless we elevate Austin.

It will be very interesting to see how we match-up, particularly after the Eagles' talls did the job on us.
Normally when a team is beset by injuries in a specific part of the ground, teams would simply bring in the next available in that position from the VFL - James Mulligan, come on down :o

We've got a world of match-up problems down back this week.

bornadog
11-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Normally when a team is beset by injuries in a specific part of the ground, teams would simply bring in the next available in that position from the VFL - James Mulligan, come on down :o

We've got a world of match-up problems down back this week.

Thank god Mulligan is listed as out with an ankle injury:D

Sedat
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Purely from a match-up perspective for this week only, would Talia (more likely) or Roberts be any chance to come in and do a purely defensive role (most likely on a Stanley) just for the week? Keep Shaggy stationed on Tiprat, and free up Wood to play a more attacking role off half back, which would stop him from playing a defensive role on a much taller opponent that could carve him up in his present form. Lake would get Roo (with great help and cover from his defensive mates) and Markovic takes Kosi?

I'm not a big fan of putting a world of time into a 3rd string key forward but their threat can't be ignored either....Jack Darling is a '3rd string' key forward (by definition only - he is anything but 3rd string in actual perfrormance).

bornadog
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Purely from a match-up perspective for this week only, would Talia (more likely) or Roberts be any chance to come in and do a purely defensive role (most likely on a Stanley) just for the week? Keep Shaggy stationed on Tiprat, and free up Wood to play a more attacking role off half back, which would stop him from playing a defensive role on a much taller opponent that could carve him up in his present form. Lake would get Roo (with great help and cover from his defensive mates) and Markovic takes Kosi?

I'm not a big fan of putting a world of time into a 3rd string key forward but their threat can't be ignored either....Jack Darling is a '3rd string' key forward (by definition only - he is anything but 3rd string in actual perfrormance).

We have to start blooding these kids and your suggestion would work. Stanley is a big unit at 200cm, so we need to match him up. This is his third season and he has only played 11 games, so lacks experience.

Before I Die
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM

Tom Hill and Cordy could both be options as well, having played back at various times with Williamstown and/or in preseason practice matches. Both are 200cm like Stanley, of course neither won the Grand Final sprint like Stanley, but I think his height is more of a risk to us than his pace. If he does nothing, which is quite likely, then we could throw our height forward.

Mantis
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM

1. Stanley is a potato.... No use bringing in an unknown quantity to play on someone who has limited ability... It isn't like dud forwards go well against us.;)

2. Do we want Wood playing an attacking role give his inability to use the ball efficiently?

And Darling is more like a 4th foward... Behind Kennedy, Lynch & Cox/ NicNat.

bornadog
11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
1. Stanley is a potato.... No use bringing in an unknown quantity to play on someone who has limited ability... It isn't like dud forwards go well against us.;)

2. Do we want Wood playing an attacking role give his inability to use the ball efficiently?

Who would you match up on Stanley?

Sedat
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
1. Stanley is a potato.... No use bringing in an unknown quantity to play on someone who has limited ability... It isn't like dud forwards go well against us.;)I have a long memory of potatoes dominating one-off against us in the past - not only can I see it, but I fully expect Rhys Stanley to carry on that proud tradition this week if he winds up playing on the defensively out of form Wood who is 15 cms shorter than him. It might be a moot point anyway - we have to win the midfield battle to have any hope of beating St Kilda this week.

bornadog
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I have a long memory of potatoes dominating one-off against us in the past - not only can I see it, but I fully expect Rhys Stanley to carry on that proud tradition this week if he winds up playing on the defensively out of form Wood who is 15 cms shorter than him. It might be a moot point anyway - we have to win the midfield battle to have any hope of beating St Kilda this week.

I bet we put Shaggy on him and Murphy on Milne.

Mofra
11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I bet we put Shaggy on him and Murphy on Milne.
We probably will, but at some point should we gamble Murphy on Stanley?
I prefer Shaggy on Milne who in any sort of zoning play will be the Saints' most dangerous forward.

Gilbee used to take the resting ruckman and his rebound cut teams up.
Stanley is quick in a straight line but Murphy will be far too agile for him, and if Stanley gets anywhere near Lake he'll provide a chop-out anyway.

Mantis
11-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Who would you match up on Stanley?

Murphy or Wood.

If I was St.Kilda I would start Stanley in the ruck and throw McEvoy forward. While it may make them a little top heavy it would certainly unsettle our defence.

DragzLS1
11-04-2012, 02:52 PM

I would take that 4th forward option called Darling any day of the week though :p

Wood is obviously quick and very athletic but as you mentioned his disposal is not up to standard.. If only he had howards foot with his athletic capacity........ So to answer your question, I dont think wood can play that attacking role just yet, but I think we are going to persist.

So far we have Markovic on Kosi and Lake taking Nick. Dont like these 200cm guys! we always seem short against opposition sides in all areas of the ground! If only Mulligan could step up he would take the 3rd tall coming in!

Rocco Jones
11-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Whenever the 'top heavy' argument is bought up, fans of us having an extra fall forward bring up WCE. It's not height that makes you top heavy, it's a lack of mobility and/or quality.

Ozza
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I think Cordy probably has to come in and play in defense as he did late last year. Not that ideal - but he gives up a defensive match up on Stanley - and if St.Kilda's structure changes through the course of the game - Cordy can go forward, go in the ruck - or be subbed out.

Sedat
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I think Cordy probably has to come in and play in defense as he did late last year. Not that ideal - but he gives up a defensive match up on Stanley - and if St.Kilda's structure changes through the course of the game - Cordy can go forward, go in the ruck - or be subbed out.
Straight swap for Dickson? We would not lose any run and carry in that instance, as Dickson currently is a facsimile copy of Gia and Higgins (albeit an inferior version).

Rocco Jones
11-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Straight swap for Dickson? We would not lose any run and carry in that instance, as Dickson currently is a facsimile copy of Gia and Higgins (albeit an inferior version).

Addison is a bit like that down back. In terms of limitations, competition with talls as he doesn't offer run and carry and it's not like we can trust him to negate gun small forwards.

That's why the term 'top heavy' is all relative. Height isn't what makes you 'top heavy', it's lack of pressure/run, mobility and quality (ie over head marking, goal scoring danger).

You can have 4 KP forwards if they either create pressure and/or are goal scoring threats but 2-3 can be really top heavy if they aren't any good!

Sedat
11-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Addison is a bit like that down back. In terms of limitations, competition with talls as he doesn't offer run and carry and it's not like we can trust him to negate gun small forwards.That is our current predicament - too much sameness in our mid sized players. To be fair to Addison, he had performed his role creditably thus far, and I could see him give Milera a torrid evening on Saturday. Milne is the danger - he could have a day out if given time and space. Murph got toweled up by Betts in NAB Cup and Milne is another step up from Betts as far as dirty, sneaky small forwards whp can find space go.

Rocco Jones
11-04-2012, 04:42 PM
That is our current predicament - too much sameness in our mid sized players. To be fair to Addison, he had performed his role creditably thus far, and I could see him give Milera a torrid evening on Saturday. Milne is the danger - he could have a day out if given time and space. Murph got toweled up by Betts in NAB Cup and Milne is another step up from Betts as far as dirty, sneaky small forwards whp can find space go.

Yep, Addison at least offers pressure on opponents. No tackles so far from Dickson.

jeemak
12-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Yep, Addison at least offers pressure on opponents. No tackles so far from Dickson.

Dickson's lack of tackling is a concern for me. I can only imagine the outrage from some of our supporters if Gia or Higgo presented such poor output versus defensive pressure!

At this stage I'm going for Cordy in, and Dickson out. Will see how fitness is for the group towards the end of the week however, this is the only change I'd make (aside from Smith for Sherman, perhaps).

Dickson hasn't demonstrated an ability to constantly pressure and be creative in his time on ground, and I'd suspect that is due to fitness issues. I think he's likely to be able to meet the standard eventually this year, though when I see a player hasn't laid a tackle over five quarters in this day and age I get the impression he's either lazy or not fit enough. I'm betting on it being the latter for now, and I hope I'm not proven incorrect.

I want to see us go with a tall structure this week, with Cordy playing solely as a forward meaning Roughead and Minson stay in the side. I don't want to see Grant used high up the ground leaving Jones getting slammed by two or three defenders on the back of our terrible kicking, without any relief from somebody over 6ft 2in.

AndrewP6
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Dickson's lack of tackling is a concern for me. I can only imagine the outrage from some of our supporters if Gia or Higgo presented such poor output versus defensive pressure!

Dickson hasn't demonstrated an ability to constantly pressure and be creative in his time on ground, and I'd suspect that is due to fitness issues. I think he's likely to be able to meet the standard eventually this year, though when I see a player hasn't laid a tackle over five quarters in this day and age I get the impression he's either lazy or not fit enough. I'm betting on it being the latter for now, and I hope I'm not proven incorrect.

Don't disagree that he needs to improve (or commence!) defensive pressure. Wouldn't place him in the same boat as Higgo or Gia though, he's only played 2 games. I agree, fitness is likely the issue for him.

jeemak
12-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Don't disagree that he needs to improve (or commence!) defensive pressure. Wouldn't place him in the same boat as Higgo or Gia though, he's only played 2 games. I agree, fitness is likely the issue for him.

Agreed, until he influences a game he can't be put in their category.

He needs to get fit, and demonstrate a willingness to compete.

Ghost Dog
12-04-2012, 01:12 AM
That is our current predicament - too much sameness in our mid sized players. To be fair to Addison, he had performed his role creditably thus far, and I could see him give Milera a torrid evening on Saturday. Milne is the danger - he could have a day out if given time and space. Murph got toweled up by Betts in NAB Cup and Milne is another step up from Betts as far as dirty, sneaky small forwards whp can find space go.

Sameness in what department? Skill level? Pace?

stefoid
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
As I stated , if we selected Cordy as a extra forward then his offensive impact would have to be 50/50 with his defensive impact

<insightful comments deleted.

OK. But cordy is pretty agile, good below is knees, and just being mobile and 202cm is a defensive (and offensive) asset in its own right - no opposition is going to try to kick a long ball to his zone.

So Im thinking that you reckon he doesnt have the tank to run up and down quick enough, or doesnt have the smarts to do waht is required yet, or isnt actually agile and good enough at ground level to compete through the midfield.

LostDoggy
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Cordy In, Dickson Out
Sherman in, Addison Out

Cordy and Higgins to share time in defense/forward.

LostDoggy
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
OK. But cordy is pretty agile, good below is knees, and just being mobile and 202cm is a defensive (and offensive) asset in its own right - no opposition is going to try to kick a long ball to his zone.

So Im thinking that you reckon he doesnt have the tank to run up and down quick enough, or doesnt have the smarts to do waht is required yet, or isnt actually agile and good enough at ground level to compete through the midfield.

I,m only stating what would be required from Ayce in that role , I agree that Jones is not racking up the stats defensively , having Jones and Cordy as the two forwards does fit the structure

I posted it in the other thread but I,ll post it again , with Dickson he has had two games and if the match committee decide that his stats don,t show the improvement that they think he should have showed then it could be he gets dropped for Cordy

I think we are getting closer to a bilateral consensus

Edit : Team Announcement - Now confirmed Dickson out - Cordy in

LostDoggy
12-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Ayce Cordy in Dickson out

Mantis
12-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Western Bulldogs

B: Easton Wood, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Robert Murphy, Lukas Markovic, Dylan Addison
C: Daniel Cross, Ryan Griffen, Liam Picken
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Jones, Jarrad Grant
F: Shaun Higgins, Jordan Roughead, Luke Dahlhaus
Foll: William Minson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C: Ayce Cordy, Nathan Djerrkura, Thomas Liberatore, Clay Smith
Emg: Patrick Veszpremi, Justin Sherman, Tory Dickson

In: Ayce Cordy
Out: Tory Dickson

bornadog
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Ayce Cordy in Dickson out

Happy with that

azabob
12-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Western Bulldogs

B: Easton Wood, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Robert Murphy, Lukas Markovic, Dylan Addison
C: Daniel Cross, Ryan Griffen, Liam Picken
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Jones, Jarrad Grant
F: Shaun Higgins, Jordan Roughead, Luke Dahlhaus
Foll: William Minson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C: Ayce Cordy, Nathan Djerrkura, Thomas Liberatore, Clay Smith
Emg: Patrick Veszpremi, Justin Sherman, Tory Dickson

In: Ayce Cordy
Out: Tory Dickson

Who will be the sub? Smith?

bornadog
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Who will be the sub? Smith?

Cordy?

azabob
12-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Cordy?

I would start Cordy. He can play forward or back. Then depending look to sub one of the three big blokes.

chef
12-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Happy with that

Ditto.

LostDoggy
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Wood Lake Hargrave
Cross Marko Murphy
Griffin Boyd Dahlhaus
Higgins Jones Picken
Gia Cordy Grant
Minson Cooney Libba
Smith Wallis Roughead Int: Tutt

It's not ideal but we need developmental games into Wallis, Roughy, Cordy. I'd play Cordy/jones and Roughy/Jones as 2 talls forward to take the pressure off Jones. He's not coping and nor should he 1 out at the moment. Needs time.

DragzLS1
12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Wood Lake Hargrave
Cross Marko Murphy
Griffin Boyd Dahlhaus
Higgins Jones Picken
Gia Cordy Grant
Minson Cooney Libba
Smith Wallis Roughead Int: Tutt

It's not ideal but we need developmental games into Wallis, Roughy, Cordy. I'd play Cordy/jones and Roughy/Jones as 2 talls forward to take the pressure off Jones. He's not coping and nor should he 1 out at the moment. Needs time.

Since when is Tutt playing? Can't wait to see cordy in the side and see home we go with 3 big men!

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Smith should be the sub.

He can't run out a full game at the moment and usually tires towards the end of the secod quarter/start of the third.

I'd like to see him come on in the last quarter because he could offer us quite a bit with his 'bull at a gate' style when the heat has dropped off a little.

Mantis
12-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Smith should be the sub.

He can't run out a full game at the moment and usually tires towards the end of the secod quarter/start of the third.

I'd like to see him come on in the last quarter because he could offer us quite a bit with his 'bull at a gate' style when the heat has dropped off a little.

Agree with the Smith as sub call, but would prefer him to be introduced at the mid point of the 3rd qtr.

LostDoggy
12-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Agree with the Smith as sub call, but would prefer him to be introduced at the mid point of the 3rd qtr.

Agree with this. I think we should plan to sub Cordy/Roughead with about 10 minutes to go in the 3rd

G-Mo77
13-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Cordy?

Id' throw up if that's the case.

DJ plays the sub well, give it to him.

w3design
13-04-2012, 09:23 AM
The calls for Smith or DJ to sub are good, I'd be pretty surprised if it was Cordy.

bornadog
13-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Id' throw up if that's the case.

DJ plays the sub well, give it to him.

I agree with you but I am thinking what the coaching staff will do. They will most likely start with all three big men and Smith or DJ on the bench, then sub either Cordy or Roughead out depending on how they are playing.

Ozza
13-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Am also on board with Smith as sub. Could see him having an impact in the midfield and forward.

G-Mo77
13-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I agree with you but I am thinking what the coaching staff will do. They will most likely start with all three big men and Smith or DJ on the bench, then sub either Cordy or Roughead out depending on how they are playing.

I'm pretty sure that's how it will pan out as well but with our use of the sub who knows? :confused:

Sockeye Salmon
13-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Am also on board with Smith as sub. Could see him having an impact in the midfield and forward.

It's as if you guys don't care about my Supercoach team at all!

Mantis
13-04-2012, 10:42 AM

So you are happy for him to play the full game for 30 points like last week then?

LostDoggy
13-04-2012, 11:38 AM

I think it could actually help his Supercoach score!

If the game is close in the third quarter (it most likely will be) if he comes on and dominates he will score 50+ points easily possibly more.

Dickson ended up with 39 points last week from just a quarter and he really didn't do that much at all.

Sockeye Salmon
13-04-2012, 11:58 AM
So you are happy for him to play the full game for 30 points like last week then?

I would rather he scored 102 like he did in R1!

DragzLS1
13-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I would rather he scored 102 like he did in R1!

Dont we all :) lol

If he comes on half way through the 3rd quarter then he should come in hard and should score good in supercoach with hopefully 1 or 2 goals :p

I am mainly concerned that he gets a good amount of game time along with Cordy as they are our future!

LostDoggy
13-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I would take that 4th forward option called Darling any day of the week though :p

That is actually not a bad call at all. Of all the potentially surplus talls of all the teams that we could possibly trade with that wouldn't be a total spud but also not be ridiculously astronomically expensive he would have to be close to the best possible option. He wouldn't come cheap but WCE at least have enough talls that they may be willing to look at a trade if the price was right.

God knows we need a reasonable quality tall forward to come into this line-up. Jones and Darling with Cordy (with another pre-season under his belt) and Grant rotating through makes our structure immediately a lot more dangerous. Never going to happen though. Too expensive, go-home factor etc. etc. etc.

Rocco Jones
13-04-2012, 06:37 PM
That is actually not a bad call at all. Of all the potentially surplus talls of all the teams that we could possibly trade with that wouldn't be a total spud but also not be ridiculously astronomically expensive he would have to be close to the best possible option. He wouldn't come cheap but WCE at least have enough talls that they may be willing to look at a trade if the price was right.

God knows we need a reasonable quality tall forward to come into this line-up. Jones and Darling with Cordy (with another pre-season under his belt) and Grant rotating through makes our structure immediately a lot more dangerous. Never going to happen though. Too expensive, go-home factor etc. etc. etc.

There is no way the Eagles will trade Darling. They are like the cat that got the cream with him. 20 yo local who can play CHF for the next decade, they aren't the type you trade! If they feel like they have a surplus, I think it will be the Big Q who makes way.

LostDoggy
13-04-2012, 06:43 PM
There is no way the Eagles will trade Darling. They are like the cat that got the cream with him. 20 yo local who can play CHF for the next decade, they aren't the type you trade! If they feel like they have a surplus, I think it will be the Big Q who makes way.

I know, I was just shooting the breeze. I think the best surplus tall out there that would come cheap is actually Jesse White, but I'll be shouted down here. He just stinks of Tomahawk Mk. 2 -- misused as a second ruck, not given continuity etc... but he's got serious presence and ability, and I just feel that in the right environment he will be a late bloomer. The Swans have largely given up on him though, would be cheap.

Rocco Jones
13-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I know, I was just shooting the breeze. I think the best surplus tall out there that would come cheap is actually Jesse White, but I'll be shouted down here. He just stinks of Tomahawk Mk. 2 -- misused as a second ruck, not given continuity etc... but he's got serious presence and ability, and I just feel that in the right environment he will be a late bloomer. The Swans have largely given up on him though, would be cheap.

Yeah I know mate.

I'm actually a Jesse White 'fan' but I have faith in Cordy, Roughy and Campbell offering us a good balance between ruck and forward work. Tom Hill is also doing some 2nd ruck work at Willy.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Mitch Brown as a key defender anyone?

jeemak
14-04-2012, 01:22 AM
You're all mad, mad as hatters I say.

None of these players are going to be available. Jesus, all of them have shown around the same amount of promise, if not more as Grant, Jones and Cordy! They're not going to be put on the trade table by their respective clubs unless they genuinely want to leave them, and even then we'd have to pay big bucks to make it happen.

We wouldn't trade any of our guys that are comparable, why would any of them be put up for trade by their respective sides? Young KPF's, second, third or fourth string are held on to for a long time. Let's just develop our own.

mjp
14-04-2012, 08:29 AM
We have 100000 talls on the list now...we just need a few of them to step up and become contributors. What don't we have? Well, seemingly midfielders who can play outside the game and run...we either need the Sherman's and Tutt's of the world to do what I said the talls need to do, or to go and find some new ones.

G-Mo77
14-04-2012, 08:51 AM
We have 100000 talls on the list now...we just need a few of them to step up and become contributors. What don't we have? Well, seemingly midfielders who can play outside the game and run...we either need the Sherman's and Tutt's of the world to do what I said the talls need to do, or to go and find some new ones.

It seems we've overcompensated after the Eade's fleas years. Back then we had the outside players who could run, run and run and actually hit a target. Now our list is top heavy and we are missing those kind of players.

divvydan
14-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Western Bulldogs v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium, 7.40pm

LATE CHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Nil
St Kilda: Tom Ledger replaced in selected side by Dean Polo
FINAL INTERCHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Shaun Higgins, Tom Liberatore, Jarrad Grant
Substitute: Nathan Djerrkura
St Kilda: Terry Milera, David Armitage, Dean Polo
Substitute: Jamie Cripps

Bumper Bulldogs
14-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Western Bulldogs v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium, 7.40pm

LATE CHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Nil
St Kilda: Tom Ledger replaced in selected side by Dean Polo
FINAL INTERCHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Shaun Higgins, Tom Liberatore, Jarrad Grant
Substitute: Nathan Djerrkura
St Kilda: Terry Milera, David Armitage, Dean Polo
Substitute: Jamie Cripps

I guess the Wille withdraw was jut smoke mirrors and DJ itch his pace coud run Havic in the last quarter and a bit

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 03:21 AM

Well there should be even more surplus mids out there than talls... any floating in and out of overstocked teams that could be a good contributor? Not that anyone will want to come to us in the state we're in.