PDA

View Full Version : The Adelaide Media

Go_Dogs
20-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Why so many delusional Adelaide Crows supporters?

Today's Advertiser has linked the Crows/Bulldogs to the following deal.

Dogs -> McGregor, Hudson
Crows -> McMahon, Tiller, Wood, #5
Brisbane -> #10

My GOD. :confused:

LostDoggy
20-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I read that also and nearly choked on my Weeties. Michaelangelo Rucci is the state's leading moron and he has heaps to beat.

Go_Dogs
20-09-2007, 10:01 AM
It's just such an obviously unbalanced trade, and the Crows public will be demanding something similar (obviously some have a bit of intelligence) and won't be satisfied unless they get it. Surely Craigy doesn't believe he'll get anything like that.

whythelongface
20-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Have I missed something? But why is Tiller being bandied about as trade bait?

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Have I missed something? But why is Tiller being bandied about as trade bait?

Cos he's South Australian.

McMahon, Tiller, Wood and a 1st round upgrade for McGregor and Hudson! OMFG!!!

An arguement could be made here that they would be getting pick 5 for free!

McMahon = Hudson
Tiller = McGregor
Wood = Pick 10
Pick 5 = Free

whythelongface
20-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Thanks for that. Wasn't aware of that. Has he expressed any interest to return home?

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks for that. Wasn't aware of that. Has he expressed any interest to return home?

Nope. Nope again. Why does my message have to be 6 characters?

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2007, 10:39 AM

McMahon, Tiller, Wood and a 1st round upgrade for McGregor and Hudson! OMFG!!!

An arguement could be made here that they would be getting pick 5 for free!

McMahon = Hudson
Tiller = McGregor
Wood = Pick 10
Pick 5 = Free

Clearly its a ridiculous deal - they've probably consulted some crow experts on BF

Go_Dogs
20-09-2007, 10:48 AM
By the sounds of the article, BF was indeed where a majority of the research was conducted.

Go_Dogs
20-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Here is the link for those interested
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22448051-21543,00.html

dog town
20-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I really have trouble getting my head around how any fan could see that as a possibility let alone a journo. Surely they couldn't believe that two promising players and a top 5 draft pick is worthy of only a KPP who Craig wouldn't play at times this season and a 28 year old ruckmen who is one season back from a knee reco? I would want far more if we packaged those two and our pick together.

Twodogs
20-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahaha.

Mantis
20-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahaha.

What he said...

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I really have trouble getting my head around how any fan could see that as a possibility let alone a journo. Surely they couldn't believe that two promising players and a top 5 draft pick is worthy of only a KPP who Craig wouldn't play at times this season and a 28 year old ruckmen who is one season back from a knee reco? I would want far more if we packaged those two and our pick together.

I guess its just a function of wanting to sell papers so they are telling the crows what they want to hear - and they have to fill the paper with something so why not put BF rubbish in.

If Aka a 3 time premiership player, brownlow medallist, norm smith medallist is only worth a second round pick then its hard to take pick no. 5 seriously for mcgreggor and hudson

Dry Rot
20-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I think it takes the cognitive process of thinking that Pick 5 has great value (it does), Each of MacGregor and Hudson have some value (they do) and then mixing up concepts of our needs, quality and quantity etc

Twodogs
20-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I think it takes the cognitive process of thinking that Pick 5 has great value (it does), Each of MacGregor and Hudson have some value (they do) and then mixing up concepts of our needs, quality and quantity etc

They dont have much of a grip on our list then. Why would we swap a promising forwardwho's actually playing senior football(Tiller) for a KP that is basically washed up and isnt playing senior football(McGregor). It's insulting to think we'd even consider a trade like that.

Looking forward to The Footscray Mail and The Western Times article about how we are going to swap Tim Walsh for Nathan Van Berlo.

Dry Rot
20-09-2007, 02:57 PM
And a good draft pick!

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Lets package faulkner in with walsh and then get hudson, van berlo and mcgreggor

Raw Toast
20-09-2007, 06:29 PM
& pick 10

LostDoggy
20-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't happen.......surely.

Mark Stevens should reply to that by saying

Pick 10 + Hudson + McGregor

for

Jordy + our 2nd rounder

If this deal did ever eventuate i would follow park footy.

Go_Dogs
23-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Chris McDermott had an article in this mornings paper, stating the Crows should, as a minimum, be demanding either Adam Cooney or Ryan Griffen for Ben Hudson.

The delusion is spreading down here peoples!

LostDoggy
23-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Hahahahahha - sorry for my sarcasm laughs.

Next Adelaide will be asking for Cooney, Griffin, McMahon, Higgins & Pick 5 for Meesen or something lol.

LostDoggy
23-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I used to work with a number of guys from SA. One year when the Crows were about
10th he brought in the mid season player by player summary from the SA press. Not one player on the list was rated less than a B grade. They were 5 and they talked them up like they were world beaters.

I think Port coming on board would fix a bit of it.

Go_Dogs
24-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Port still don't get anywhere near the media Adelaide get. This week they will though, their playing the GF.

Sockeye Salmon
24-09-2007, 10:19 AM
There is one way we would trade pick 5 for Hudson & pick 10.

Clayton has a history of using first round picks on players most casual observers would rate much lower - Ray, Williams, Higgins, Everitt.

What if Clayton has already decided on a Callan Ward, Dave Gourdis or Steven Gaertner?

If we could downgrade our first pick and still get the kid we want we would be basically getting Hudson for free.

There is no way this would be agreed on until after the draft camp because until everyone gets together and starts chatting we would have no idea about who will and won't be still there at 10.

Go_Dogs
24-09-2007, 10:31 AM
That's an interesting thought. I guess even if we have pick 5 there are no guarantees that we will still get who we want with pick 5, but if we are sure that we can get the player, or one of 2 whom we rate equally, with pick 10, it could certainly become a possibility. I'm sure the Crows, with their aging list, would love to grab a top 5 draft pick.

Bulldog Revolution
24-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Clayton has a history of using first round picks on players most casual observers would rate much lower - Ray, Williams, Higgins, Everitt.

What if Clayton has already decided on a Callan Ward, Dave Gourdis or Steven Gaertner?

If we could downgrade our first pick and still get the kid we want we would be basically getting Hudson for free.

There is no way this would be agreed on until after the draft camp because until everyone gets together and starts chatting we would have no idea about who will and won't be still there at 10.

I know what you are saying but

I think the only way we would do this would be based on recruiting a much younger player
than Hudson,

Cant see anyway number 5 is heading to Adelaide personally - its far more likely for us to downgrade a 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounder IMO

Raw Toast
24-09-2007, 11:15 AM

I'd been wondering about this too but the timeline's pretty short with draft camp ending only three days before the trade period begins. Could backfire big-time but it would be nice to get Hudson basically for free as well.

Eade's not averse to risks either and last year Clayton pretty much knew exactly who we would get before the draft started so he must have a fair idea who other clubs are going for (or at least who they are not going for).

Love to be a fly on the wall for these conversations...

Go_Dogs
24-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I ended up emailing Chris McDermott after his article on Sunday, and he replied to me earlier this afternoon stating that he didn't believe the Dogs would consider the Cooney/Griffen for Hudson trade, and also that he doubted either player would be interested in coming back to Adelaide anyway.

He did however state that it was more to emphasis that Adelaide should play hardball this trade period, and not allow themselves to be walked over as they have been in the past.

Hopefully both teams are able to come to a satisfactory agreement early in the week. It would be a shame for Hudson to have to enter the PSD, however I'm hopeful a trade can still be worked out.

Sockeye Salmon
24-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I ended up emailing Chris McDermott after his article on Sunday, and he replied to me earlier this afternoon stating that he didn't believe the Dogs would consider the Cooney/Griffen for Hudson trade, and also that he doubted either player would be interested in coming back to Adelaide anyway.

He did however state that it was more to emphasis that Adelaide should play hardball this trade period, and not allow themselves to be walked over as they have been in the past.

Hopefully both teams are able to come to a satisfactory agreement early in the week. It would be a shame for Hudson to have to enter the PSD, however I'm hopeful a trade can still be worked out.

When have Adelaide been walked over in the past? They hardly ever trade and from memory they did quite well out of Stenglein and picked up Thompson cheap. The traded Massie (a 1st rounder) for Ben Nelson, didn't they?

Twodogs
24-09-2007, 07:18 PM
When have Adelaide been walked over in the past? They hardly ever trade and from memory they did quite well out of Stenglein and picked up Thompson cheap. The traded Massie (a 1st rounder) for Ben Nelson, didn't they?

Craig has often said that he hates trading players.

I think he's still traumatised over Fergus Watts walking out.

The Coon Dog
24-09-2007, 07:20 PM
No, it was Andrew Eccles that went from Adelaide to Carlton. He played with Jimmy Plunkett at Northern Knights in the U18's.

Topdog
24-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Port still don't get anywhere near the media Adelaide get. This week they will though, their playing the GF.

Whats that brilliant TV show in Adelaide on Channel 10 at 5ish on Saturdays.

They focus only on teams in SA.

Go_Dogs
24-09-2007, 07:35 PM
If your referring to 'Simply Footy', I can't stand that show.

SS, I think the Crows observers are hoping that they'll have the balls to do a 'Nick Stevens' if they cannot reach a highly beneficial trade, and force Hudson into the PSD, rather than gifting him to a similarly ranked club, cheaply.

Twodogs
24-09-2007, 07:38 PM

SS, I think the Crows observers are hoping that they'll have the balls to do a 'Nick Stevens' if they cannot reach a highly beneficial trade, and force Hudson into the PSD, rather than gifting him to a similarly ranked club, cheaply.

I honestly arent that fussed if they do. He's not Dean Cox.

Go_Dogs
24-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I honestly arent that fussed if they do. He's not Dean Cox.

Agreed.

Topdog
26-09-2007, 09:16 AM

Thats the one. My mates and I were pissing ourselves laughing at that

Go_Dogs
26-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Haha, I'm sure you were. It is quite humorous I guess, but also very annoying. What a pitiful attempt at a football show.