PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 4 vs Melbourne

Pages : [1] 2

Greystache
14-04-2012, 04:11 PM
After tonight's game if you were on the match committee what changes would you make?

A brief explanation for your changes would be good.

BulldogBelle
14-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I'll go with no changes. I know Wallis is close, but after that massive win against the Saints I don't think we should change anything. Everybody was brilliant, or played their role.

Daughter of the West
14-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I'll go with no changes. I know Wallis is close, but after that massive win against the Saints I don't think we should change anything. Everybody was brilliant, or played their role.

St 07, have you got a psychic gift that you haven't mentioned before...? I like what you're seeing! :D

westdog54
14-04-2012, 07:32 PM

I thought you were getting in early...

AndrewP6
14-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I think I'll wait until we play in Rd 3 before thinking about round 4!

EasternWest
14-04-2012, 08:27 PM

I'll go with Addison out. For no reason, just seems to be too tempting for many to resist.

BulldogBelle
14-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Uh oh. Some changes might be needed!

whythelongface
14-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Get a whole new team.

GVGjr
14-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Please, let's try to be constructive on this thread. If you need to vent, do it on the match day thread.

Hotdog60
14-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I think we need to groom a proper FF, whether it's Hill or Panos or Cordy and persevere with them for the year.

In Hill and Austin.

Out Lake (suspended) and Higgins

Bulldog Revolution
14-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I'll go with Addison out. For no reason, just seems to be too tempting for many to resist.

Was one of our better contributors tonight, not quite in the votes, but far more good passages than many others

Mofra
14-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Lake's contact was not forceful enough to be charged IMO

Hard to make too many changes on the back of that debarcle, although I'd drop Roughead for a runner and play Cordy as the no 2 ruck.

Wallis & Sherman would be the likely two I'd try to get in, and DJ deserves a full game.

GVGjr
15-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I think we need to groom a proper FF, whether it's Hill or Panos or Cordy and persevere with them for the year.

In Hill and Austin.

So you want to bring in a 4th ruckman/forward?

Mantis
15-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Where do you start?

Hargrave & Gia were woeful, Smith was shocking. Cordy & Roughy not much better.

Not much really to bring which doesn't help, Sherman & Wallis will come in, but I can't see them helping.

Mofra
15-04-2012, 12:08 AM

Not much really to bring which doesn't help, Sherman & Wallis will come in, but I can't see them helping.
Libba was terrible too. I think Cordy at least presented all night which gives him some credits - must have been tempting to drop the head when the delivery into the F50 is that bad.

Did Gia even get to double figures in possessions?

bulldogsman
15-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Ins Wallis, Sherman, Vespa, Talia
Outs Roughead, Lake, Smith, Wood

I can't see the 3 ruckman strategy working, not with Roughead and Minson in the same side at least. We need more run and spread.
It's time Vespa got just as good of a run as Wood. Wood has been awful all year and needs a spell. I'd also like to see Wallis get an extended run at it also.
Smith - Too many clangers. He's had 11 out of 26 possessions in the last 2 games.

Raw Toast
15-04-2012, 12:12 AM
I'd drop Wood and groom him for a midfield (run-with) or defensive forward role. I'm struggling to see him developing the awareness needed for his current role.

I also think that Lake will likely miss a week or two after the MRP has a look at that incident.

I'd bring in Vezpremi for Wood and Austin (promoted from rookie list) for Lake.

I'd also consider resting one of the young mids depending on how they pull up, and bringing in Wallis.

It's also tempting to think about how to bring Sherman in, maybe for Roughead.

Mantis
15-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Libba was terrible too. I think Cordy at least presented all night which gives him some credits - must have been tempting to drop the head when the delivery into the F50 is that bad.

Yeah Libba was poor, Cordy presented well, but he has to catch a few, especially playing on another kid and with his height & reach advantage.

Did Gia even get to double figures in possessions?

His kick after the siren got him to 9.

He just looked so slow out there.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-04-2012, 12:20 AM
As many have said were do ou start, it has to be one of the worst days at the office that we have Hamas a club,

The backs I thought had been Ok apart from Wood but I think we need to persist with him given that Morris is not yet availible.

The forwards need to get better delivery, but need to look the ball in and be accountable or a man when they have he ball, Gia, Higgins & Grant all had bad games, while Jone and Cordy need better delivery. For me we need to have only 2 of Grant, Cordy and Jones,

The Mids had a shocker, Griff, Boyd, Smith, Libba and Cooney were all down but you can't flick the lot of them.

For me next week I would remove Grant and Higgins as they are front runners and apply no pressure or presence on the field. Lake I'm sure will get weeks also. Ins for these three would be Wallis, Sherman & Veszpremi

The Bulldogs Bite
15-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Veszpremi needs to play, be it up forward or down back.

Sherman for some more run.

Wallis to replace Smith.

I'd probably drop Minson before Roughead.

Hotdog60
15-04-2012, 12:22 AM
So you want to bring in a 4th ruckman/forward?

Not another ruck, a dedicated forward. We need someone to take some pressure off Jones, it maybe a bit old fashion but but I feel we need to settle a player there. I suppose there is no quick fix with the players we have.

GVGjr
15-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Not another ruck, a dedicated forward. We need someone to take some pressure off Jones, it maybe a bit old fashion but but I feel we need to settle a player there. I suppose there is no quick fix with the players we have.

So where does, Cordy, Hill, Jones, Grant and Roughead play?

Rocco Jones
15-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Wow, so woeful.

Disagree with the 3 ruckman strategy more than ever but there are also another million things wrong with us so won't harp on about that.

IN/ Sherman, Wallis, Austin
OUT/ Roughead, Smith, Lake

Bumper Bulldogs
15-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Just had a text from a mate that can't wait for next weeks game, he is a Melbourne supporter and reasons they are in for a easy one against us.

GVGjr
15-04-2012, 12:32 AM
I'd consider adding (from) Wallis, Sherman, Dickson, Austin and/or maybe Talia

Outs Smith, Wood and Roughead and maybe one more.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Wow, so woeful.

Disagree with the 3 ruckman strategy more than ever but there are also another million things wrong with us so won't harp on about that.

IN/ Sherman, Wallis, Austin
OUT/ Roughead, Smith, Lake

Yep, as much as right now I'd like to see a few more out, I know that's not practical, and I'd settle for these changes.
Big Will will need to show something soon, or else I would propose cutting our losses and just plough some consistent game time into Roughy.

Rocco Jones
15-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Fans who want to solve our forward issues by playing more talls remind me of Pauline Hanson's idea to fix the economy by printing more money.

It's not talls we are missing, it's quality.

Rocco Jones
15-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Yep, as much as right now I'd like to see a few more out, I know that's not practical, and I'd settle for these changes.
Big Will will need to show something soon, or else I would propose cutting our losses and just plough some consistent game time into Roughy.

Yep, long term I see two of Roughy/Cordy/Campbell taking over in the ruck but atm I think it's easy to underestimate the rigours of being the full time number 1 ruck. Not sure any of the kids are up to it and Will playing is probably best for their development.

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 12:39 AM

Skinner is not in form , Sherman has not improved his disposal efficiency , Panos is being used in the backline with Willi , Hooper is a great little bloke but Dahlhaus has put him in a box labelled " going nowhere " , Tommy Hill is still a little raw , Redpath is still raw and would need to be elevated , Austin can play forward but if elevated will probably play in the backline , Veszpremi has also been used as a rebounding defender with Williamstown , Tom Campbell is also a bit raw but push for selection later this year

So you have a choice of what we have now or what we have have now

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Fans who want to solve our forward issues by playing more talls remind me of Pauline Hanson's idea to fix the economy by printing more money.

Same as the fans calling Higgins to be dropped. Is there an easier target, thought he was one of our better players.

Rocco Jones
15-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Same as the fans calling Higgins to be dropped. Is there an easier target, thought he was one of our better players.

Agreed. He isn't much but he wallops our benchmark. Definitely says way, way more about how poor we are than it says about how good he is but regardless...

bornadog
15-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Veszpremi needs to play, be it up forward or down back.

Sherman for some more run.

Wallis to replace Smith.

I'd probably drop Minson before Roughead.

Minson played miles better than Roughead and won the hitouts for the night (28) with McEvoy 18 and Roughead 7.

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 02:00 AM
IN - Dickson, Sherman, Ves

OUT - Cordy, Wood, Smith

Wood is offering us nothing defensively and is a liability offensively. Atleast Ves can use the football.

Sherman for Smith, Could do with his outside running and again can use the football.

Bit harsh on Cordy, signs are good but his still not there. He won't get an easier opponent than tonight and still struggled in many 1 on 1 contests. Dickson to come in and play the sub role. Once again he can use the football.

I think Wallis probably needs to play simply because we need games into him. No idea who he replaces though.

boydogs
15-04-2012, 02:17 AM
In: Barry Hall :D

On a serious note, changing the personnel isn't always the answer, we need to give this group time to gel. Last week someone mentioned Lake hasn't played with Markovic before, this week Cordy played his first game and Jones & Grant are still adjusting to being the major targets. Those are the guys to take us forward, work through the game with them during the week so they can learn from it then get them back out there.

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 02:09 PM
In: Barry Hall :D

On a serious note, changing the personnel isn't always the answer, we need to give this group time to gel. Last week someone mentioned Lake hasn't played with Markovic before, this week Cordy played his first game and Jones & Grant are still adjusting to being the major targets. Those are the guys to take us forward, work through the game with them during the week so they can learn from it then get them back out there.

Agree. I'm intrigued half the posts are calling for us to drop kids. We are facing the bottom year of the 11/12/13 slide and bottoming out. Much better off keeping the kids in there as this is a great time to experiment. Right now is when we have to take a deep breath as club and let the kids learn through playing on the bigger experienced opponents of the afl. Should be led by GC and GWS and have the coach and captain come clean in interviews that we are in development stage and we don't expect much until we get games into the younger guys. Even Melbourne seem to be open about it. The team is going to get regularly smashed this year so leave the kids in there (without harshly exposing them) to learn and gell. FWIW think Melbourne will beat us but as long as the young guys are learning I'm ok with it. You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Even wood needs to stay in and he's been freaking terrible every game.

G-Mo77
15-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Wallis comes in and stays there simple as that. Listening to Ryhs-Jones in the VFL match yesterday he pretty much echos my thoughts on Wallis playing VFL in our "refresh"

It's bordering on stupidity not playing him.

comrade
15-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Wallis comes in and stays there simple as that. Listening to Ryhs-Jones in the VFL match yesterday he pretty much echos my thoughts on Wallis playing VFL in our "refresh"

It's bordering on stupidity not playing him.

He's gone back, played some good footy and would be feeling pretty confident. He should now be promoted based on form and hopefully that translates to some improved performances at the highest level.

I'm fine with sending kids back to the VFL for a short spell.

Ghost Dog
15-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Agree. I'm intrigued half the posts are calling for us to drop kids. We are facing the bottom year of the 11/12/13 slide and bottoming out. Much better off keeping the kids in there as this is a great time to experiment. Right now is when we have to take a deep breath as club and let the kids learn through playing on the bigger experienced opponents of the afl. Should be led by GC and GWS and have the coach and captain come clean in interviews that we are in development stage and we don't expect much until we get games into the younger guys. Even Melbourne seem to be open about it. The team is going to get regularly smashed this year so leave the kids in there (without harshly exposing them) to learn and gell. FWIW think Melbourne will beat us but as long as the young guys are learning I'm ok with it. You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Even wood needs to stay in and he's been freaking terrible every game.

Melbourne's experience has shown that getting smashed week in and week out destroys them as football players. As a club we can't afford it in terms of membership losses. We need to be intent on winning every single game and sure, a few slots may be filled with development in mind, but we need a balanced team. I don't subscribe to the 'play the kids ' theory'. Team balance please. It hurts players development to have to play on the number 1# key defender or forward week in week out.

Greystache
15-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Just watched the game, wow that was awful.

Our senior players were at least as bad as the kids, in some cases worse.

In- Wallis, Sherman
Out- Cross, Hargrave

If Lake gets suspended, Austin promoted.

Cross offers nothing other than more of what we have too much of, at least Wallis may develop a bit. Hargrave is done, a weak team is just exposing what's always been there, his disposal under pressure is reminiscent of a first gamer.

Wood is on his last chance too.

Hotdog60
15-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Just watched the game, wow that was awful.

Our senior players were at least as bad as the kids, in some cases worse.

In- Wallis, Sherman
Out- Cross, Hargrave

If Lake gets suspended, Austin promoted.

Cross offers nothing other than more of what we have too much of, at least Wallis may develop a bit. Hargrave is done, a weak team is just exposing what's always been there, his disposal under pressure is reminiscent of a first gamer.

Wood is on his last chance too.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I think they are good inclusions. But do you think Cross will get dropped?

Greystache
15-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you, I think they are good inclusions. But do you think Cross will get dropped?

No. He's a contested ball winning type and I think the coach values that more than output.

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 07:54 PM

No. He's a contested ball winning type and I think the coach values that more than output.

I dont care how many times he (and Boyd) gets the ball .... I am more interested in what they actually do with the ball when they dispose it.

F'scary
15-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Ok next week:

FB: Addison, Markovic, Talia
HB: Higgins*, Cordy, Picken
C: Wallis, Liberatore, Dalhaus
HF: Murphy, Jones, Veszpremi
FF: Panos, Campbell, Giansircusa*
F: Minson* ^, Boyd, Griffen
Bench: Cooney, Djerrkura, Sherman, Skinner (s)

*playing for their spot this week.
^ not to play in forward line at all. Must ruck all day.

In: Talia, Wallis, Veszpremi, Panos, Campbell, Sherman, Skinner
Out: Wood, Hargrave, Roughead, J Grant, C Smith, Cross, Lake (suspended 1 match)

I understand that Austin is injured, otherwise would have been tempted to put him in for Talia.

Sorry but we have to mix it up fairly regularly until we start winning. Players have to know that a bad loss results automatically in 1/3 of the team being dropped. Simple as that. Then you will start getting results.

Furthermore...

Note the positional changes. Shift players around until they start playing well or are dropped. Experiment in the seniors non-stop from now. This is necessary because at the moment we look like a bottom 3 finish, perhaps even the bottom with no upside apparent. Repeat, the situation is now desperate. The strategy that has been tried so far this season, the "accountable" strategy whereby the whole team plays within a radius of 5 metres from the ball and just keeps piling in on top of each other somewhere near where they last saw the ball or even when we actually have the ball has to stop NOW.

azabob
15-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Ok

I understand that Austin is injured, otherwise would have been tempted to put him in for Talia.

Austin has played VFL the last two weeks.
Panos has not played any football last two weeks.
Both Austin and Campbell are rookie listed.

Mofra
15-04-2012, 09:23 PM

QFT.

Was it one of the Scott twins who said "mid sized player kick the bulk of goals at AFL level anyway"?

The more I think about it, the more I want Sherman in for Roughead. Adds speed, run and (yes, frustratingly for fans) unpredictability.
DJ to get a full game.
Wallis in for Smith.

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-04-2012, 09:24 PM

In Hill and Austin.

I am hoping that Lake survives. I agree with the need to develop a new FF and even a CHF and would therefore like to see Panos at FF and Cordy at CHF with Jones being a FP marking forward changing Minson and Roughead as our rucking options from the interchange bench. The forward line needs a complete overhaul with only Dahlhaus posing a threat in our attack.
I would make 4 changes as follows:
Ins. Panos Dickson Sherman and Wallis
Out. Smith Wood Addison Grant

AndrewP6
15-04-2012, 09:31 PM
QFT.

Was it one of the Scott twins who said "mid sized player kick the bulk of goals at AFL level anyway"?

Summed up well by Norf today - Bastinac and Ziebell kicked 8 of Norf's goals between them in their win over Geelong.

Sedat
15-04-2012, 09:34 PM
The more I think about it, the more I want Sherman in for Roughead. Adds speed, run and (yes, frustratingly for fans) unpredictability.I'm probably his harshest critic but we are so desperate for some run and verve outside the congestion that even I'd bring Sherman in this week. Hopefully he can keen his frequent brain fades and woeful decision making to a minimum this week.

Having said that, McCartney gave praise to Roughead this week so it would be a big surprise to see him sacrificed at selection.

comrade
15-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Summed up well by Norf today - Bastinac and Ziebell kicked 8 of Norf's goals between them in their win over Geelong.

I like Bastinac, moves well across the ground and is a natural footballer.

He's so far ahead of Howard it's not funny.

LostDoggy
15-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Ok next week:

Out: Wood, Hargrave, Roughead, J Grant, C Smith, Cross, Lake (suspended 1 match)

Sorry but we have to mix it up fairly regularly until we start winning. Players have to know that a bad loss results automatically in 1/3 of the team being dropped. Simple as that. Then you will start getting results.

Making that many changes would be an overreaction , Talia is only young and still learning - needs more game time at Willi , Panos hasn,t played as a KP forward for a while - being used as a defender at Willi , Veszpremi is also being used as a defender at Willi - needs to improve his disposal efficiency , Skinner is not in great form , Campbell is still raw and needs more time , Sherman still has to improve his disposal efficiency , Wallis did well on the weekend and may push for selection

Against Melbourne we have a great chance to get our first win of 2012 , Macca will stick with his game plan but may change the structure , I don,t believe there will be more than three maybe four changes , Lake looks like he might get two or three weeks holiday so if Austin is elevated he most likely will go to CHB and Markovic to FB , as much as I don,t want to bounce Cordy after one game Tommy Hill had a solid game on the weekend and could push for selection at FF , if we drop Grant and bring in Wallis then we need to consider who we use as a forward rotation , if we drop Hargrave and bring in Veszpremi as a defender we lose some height from our defense but he could rotate forward

FB ......Wood.........Markovic......Addison
HB..Veszpremi.........Austin.......Murphy
C.....Griffen..............Boyd...........Picken
HF...Roughead....Giansiracusa....Jones
FF....Dahlhaus.........T Hill.........Cooney

FOLL..Minson..Cross..Liberatore

Bench..Smith..Djerrkura..Wallis Sub..Grant

In..Austin ( elevated LTIL ) , T Hill , Veszpremi , Wallis

Out..Lake ( suspended ) , Hargrave , Higgins , Cordy

F'scary
15-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Austin has played VFL the last two weeks.
Panos has not played any football last two weeks.
Both Austin and Campbell are rookie listed.

Gilbee & Williams on long term injured list, room now for Austin & Campbell.

Shite, mixed up Panos's fortunes for Austin.

Ok, Austin in for Lake. Redpath for Panos as named above.

Same principal applies

Hotdog60
15-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Same principal applies

I thought Gilbee was only a month, is that a long term injury?

GVGjr
15-04-2012, 10:07 PM

Same principal applies

Redpath? He's a mile of it plus he is a rookie.

GVGjr
15-04-2012, 10:07 PM

He is only a month away.

F'scary
15-04-2012, 10:43 PM

sorry, meant the pre-season draft pick, Fletcher Roberts.

Basically, they've just got to start turning the players over and making no excuses. That's what "accountable" should mean not being all on the ball at once.

F'scary
15-04-2012, 10:47 PM

Knee-cap him if you have to

F'scary
15-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Making that many changes would be an overreaction , Talia is only young and still learning - needs more game time at Willi , Panos hasn,t played as a KP forward for a while - being used as a defender at Willi , Veszpremi is also being used as a defender at Willi - needs to improve his disposal efficiency , Skinner is not in great form , Campbell is still raw and needs more time , Sherman still has to improve his disposal efficiency , Wallis did well on the weekend and may push for selection

Against Melbourne we have a great chance to get our first win of 2012 , Macca will stick with his game plan but may change the structure , I don,t believe there will be more than three maybe four changes , Lake looks like he might get two or three weeks holiday so if Austin is elevated he most likely will go to CHB and Markovic to FB , as much as I don,t want to bounce Cordy after one game Tommy Hill had a solid game on the weekend and could push for selection at FF , if we drop Grant and bring in Wallis then we need to consider who we use as a forward rotation , if we drop Hargrave and bring in Veszpremi as a defender we lose some height from our defense but he could rotate forward

Well, that's your version and it's a good start. But just not enough being dropped. Every loss like this, it has to be at least a third of the team, maybe even half.

AndrewP6
15-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Well, that's your version and it's a good start. But just not enough being dropped. Every loss like this, it has to be at least a third of the team, maybe even half.

Wow. I thought I'd taken the loss hard.

Rocco Jones
15-04-2012, 10:56 PM

I know it's very early but at first glance Redpath looks like a ruckman pinch hitting up forward with the actual ability to ruck.

always right
15-04-2012, 11:32 PM

Half?....why not three quarters or four fifths? I never realised the answer to our woes was simply choosing the most appropriate mathematical formula. In these dark times it's good to find posts that give us a laugh.

GVGjr
15-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I know it's very early but at first glance Redpath looks like a ruckman pinch hitting up forward with the actual ability to ruck.

I have seen him 4 times and he's failed to impress. He doesn't read the game very well and the other week against the Northern Blues he failed to see that with Campbell in the hands of the trainers (and Cordy 50 mtrs closer to the goal) there was an opportunity for him to step up and take a boundary throw in. Instead he turned his back and jogged back into the 50 mtr arc leaving the 184cm Ben Jolley to take the contest. The Northern Blues took the ball down field and kicked a goal. He's 194cm tall and needed to assess the position of the game (the Blues had kicked a couple and were full of run) and that he was the man to take that contest and influence the game.
Against the Cats he was pretty poor as well.
He's nowhere near ready for a promotion.

Greystache
15-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Half?....why not three quarters or four fifths? I never realised the answer to our woes was simply choosing the most appropriate mathematical formula. In these dark times it's good to find posts that give us a laugh.

Again... Have you got any thoughts of your own?

always right
15-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Again... Have you got any thoughts of your own?

Mate...it's hard keeping up with everyone elses on this board without coming up with my own:)

Everyone's is crapped off....I get it. Saturday night was humiliating and not only is there no light at the end of the tunnel....we're battling to see the bloody tunnel. But some of the demands for blokes to be dropped are a little fanciful.

People are calling for Cordy to be dropped when they have complained about Wallis being dropped after one match. Some are calling for Talia to be incuded in a team that already has the worst kicking skills in the comp. Others want Addison dropped because....well he's Addison, even though he was close to our best player on Saturday.

I think the most valid criticism has been of the coaching in the box..the lack of trying anything different. My biggest criticism is of the decision to play Murphy on Milne, even though he did a pretty good job on the little germ. Murphy is playing back to give us run out of defence and precise disposal. He should always play on one of the half forwards and never be put in a position where he has play tight or deep. The way he was used on Saturday was just plain dumb.

The Underdog
16-04-2012, 07:45 AM
In: Sherman, Wallis, Vezspremi

Out: Cordy (liked his game and want to see him play, but the 3 rucks doesn't work), Smith, Wood

I think we need the run of Sherman and Vez and while we lose Wood's athleticism he just looks like a guy who needs to go back to the VFL and get some confidence. Smith hasn't effected the last 2 games while Wallis was excellent for Willy last week. Sherman is Sherman but given our method of moving the ball forward seems to involve basic randomness, he can certainly provide that but quicker.

Ghost Dog
16-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Mate...it's hard keeping up with everyone elses on this board without coming up with my own:)

Everyone's is crapped off....I get it. Saturday night was humiliating and not only is there no light at the end of the tunnel....we're battling to see the bloody tunnel. But some of the demands for blokes to be dropped are a little fanciful.

People are calling for Cordy to be dropped when they have complained about Wallis being dropped after one match. Some are calling for Talia to be incuded in a team that already has the worst kicking skills in the comp. Others want Addison dropped because....well he's Addison, even though he was close to our best player on Saturday.

I think the most valid criticism has been of the coaching in the box..the lack of trying anything different. My biggest criticism is of the decision to play Murphy on Milne, even though he did a pretty good job on the little germ. Murphy is playing back to give us run out of defence and precise disposal. He should always play on one of the half forwards and never be put in a position where he has play tight or deep. The way he was used on Saturday was just plain dumb.

This part could be printed off and posted to the club.

MrMahatma
16-04-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't think we should drop Ayce. Give him a few weeks at it.

Bring in Wallis for Wood. Vespa for Shaggy.

Not much else will change. Macca said as much in the presser. We won't be dropping kids on mass. Smith is his fave. He'll play.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-04-2012, 09:44 AM

This sort of reaction sounds great in theory but doesn't work in real life. It may help to make angry /hurt supporters feel momentarily better, but is a sure fire recipe for creating a very unstable football club. Football involves people and is not just about shuffling names into positions on paper.
The old 'floggings will continue until morale improves' type approach doesn't cut it in professional sport let alone in every day life.
Selections can only ever be made with consideration to game plan, opposition and player availability/positional suitability.

Ghost Dog
16-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Where do you start?

Is it possible Hargrave's prior injuries have affected his kicking? He's got a serious case of the yips.

Ghost Dog
16-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Ok next week:

Furthermore...

Note the positional changes. Shift players around until they start playing well or are dropped. Experiment in the seniors non-stop from now. This is necessary because at the moment we look like a bottom 3 finish, perhaps even the bottom with no upside apparent. Repeat, the situation is now desperate. The strategy that has been tried so far this season, the "accountable" strategy whereby the whole team plays within a radius of 5 metres from the ball and just keeps piling in on top of each other somewhere near where they last saw the ball or even when we actually have the ball has to stop NOW.

The coach stated that dropping players on performance of last week is not an option.

Ozza
16-04-2012, 10:17 AM
INS - OUTS

Wallis - Cross* I realise this won't happen.
Sherman - Cordy
Veszpremi - Addison

Wood would be desperately lucky - but at this stage I'm willing to persist because of his physical attributes. Cordy is probably stiff - but we are too slow as it is.

Would like to see Grant start and finish up forward - inside the 50.

Mantis
16-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Is it possible Hargrave's prior injuries have affected his kicking? He's got a serious case of the yips.

I wouldn't have thought so.

His kicking action is fine, it's more his decision making and execution that's the problem.

Mofra
16-04-2012, 11:01 AM
sorry, meant the pre-season draft pick, Fletcher Roberts.

Basically, they've just got to start turning the players over and making no excuses. That's what "accountable" should mean not being all on the ball at once.
Why Roberts? He's an 18 year old kid finding his feet in defence at VFL level, looks decent but very raw and no where near senior AFL football.

Ghost Dog
16-04-2012, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't have thought so.

His kicking action is fine, it's more his decision making and execution that's the problem.

You are right. It has been shocking and very very frustrating for a senior player to be doing this, considering all the rehab to get him up.

Dog54
16-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Ins:
Sherman ( need the run and can spread a downhill skier)
Vezpremi

Outs

Lake (well what a goose)
Smith ( work on decision making and kicking

Suggest play Ace or roughed in defence

Vezpremi as a forward and free up Gia more through the middle as he has very good disposal efficiency and can win his own ball.

chef
16-04-2012, 12:41 PM
In

Wallis
Sherman
Veszpremi
Talia(if Lake goes)

Out

Roughead
Smith
Hargrave
Lake(if suspended)

always right
16-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Roughead spent a considerable amount of time in defense on saturday and to my eye didn't look completely out of place. Would he have a natural match-up in the Melbourne forwardline......perhaps Jamar when he goes forward? I wouldn't mind seeing him tried there for this game rather than elevating Talia who whilst being a promising defender would need to make sure he used handball as much as possible in preference to kicking.

Dazza
16-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Out - Smith, Lake, Gia

In - Wallis, Veszpremi, Sherman

Play Wallis as the sub. Play Ayce in defence.

Reasons for... Better use of the ball up forward. Added pace around the ground. A crumber for the big men. Wallis > Smith at the moment. Frees up Djekuerra(?) to play a whole game. You could potentially swap Murphy forward for Vez.

At training this week it needs to be drilled into the players to lower their eyes and honour leads when entering the forward 50. Grant was burned a shitload over the weekend after watching the replay.

strebla
16-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Out - Smith, Lake, Gia

In - Wallis, Veszpremi, Sherman

Play Wallis as the sub. Play Ayce in defence.

Reasons for... Better use of the ball up forward. Added pace around the ground. A crumber for the big men. Wallis > Smith at the moment. Frees up Djekuerra(?) to play a whole game. You could potentially swap Murphy forward for Vez.

At training this week it needs to be drilled into the players to lower their eyes and honour leads when entering the forward 50. Grant was burned a shitload over the weekend after watching the replay.

Thought Ayce got burnt too we just really need to be smarter with the football Bobby playing so deep didn't help this either.

EasternWest
16-04-2012, 01:35 PM
INS - OUTS

Wallis - Cross* I realise this won't happen.
Sherman - Cordy
Veszpremi - Addison

Wood would be desperately lucky - but at this stage I'm willing to persist because of his physical attributes. Cordy is probably stiff - but we are too slow as it is.

Would like to see Grant start and finish up forward - inside the 50.

So you keep Wood who has struggled all year on the potential physical attributes (that he's failed to use thus far) but omit Addison who even bornadog (sorry BAD) admitted was one of our better players on the day. And let's not forget, playing in defense he was under siege all day. Wood cost us at least one goal, Addison was solid all day, and has been in all three games so far.

Yeah he's limited, yeah he's a fringe player, but let's talk about dropping him when his form warrants it.

I guess a WOOF match committe thread can't be complete without calls for an arbitrary Addison omission.

chef
16-04-2012, 01:39 PM
So you keep Wood who has struggled all year on the potential physical attributes (that he's failed to use thus far) but omit Addison who even bornadog (sorry BAD) admitted was one of our better players on the day. And let's not forget, playing in defense he was under siege all day. Wood cost us at least one goal, Addison was solid all day, and has been in all three games so far.

Yeah he's limited, yeah he's a fringe player, but let's talk about dropping him when his form warrants it.

I guess a WOOF match committe thread can't be complete without calls for an arbitrary Addison omission.

Any chance your going to change your name back:D

neddie
16-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Please, let's try to be constructive on this thread. If you need to vent, do it on the match day thread.

We had four more inside 50s than the Saints,we only kicked 5 goals,which indicates our fowards are disfuncial or delivery is deficient,I'm sure both will be improved and it's not all DOOM & GLOOM.

EasternWest
16-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Any chance your going to change your name back:D

Damn. My cover's blown ;)!

Look, I've no problem with calls for any player to be shifted/dropped/moved if warranted by form. But why keep an underperforming player on "what he might do next time" at the expense of a guy who hasn't done anything wrong to deserve it. I don't want to be seen as having a go at Ozza, because he/she is entitled to his/her opinion, but I can't see the reason for why Wood should stay and Dylan go.

And if I don't stick up for the little guy, who will?

LostDoggy
16-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Assuming that Lake is given enforced leave I'd go with the following:
* Sherman for Smith
* Veszpremi for Lake (I would also consider Hill if going tall and Wallis would be a line ball)

I'd play Roughead at CHB and Marko at FB. Vespa at HBF and move Murphy to CHF. Sherman on the wing. Smith has done nothing much wrong just think at this stage of his development someone like Sherman offers more and a run at Willi wouldn't hurt him.

strebla
16-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Damn. My cover's blown ;)!

Look, I've no problem with calls for any player to be shifted/dropped/moved if warranted by form. But why keep an underperforming player on "what he might do next time" at the expense of a guy who hasn't done anything wrong to deserve it. I don't want to be seen as having a go at Ozza, because he/she is entitled to his/her opinion, but I can't see the reason for why Wood should stay and Dylan go.

And if I don't stick up for the little guy, who will?

I will really liked him and Marko on saturday night and and thought he should have gone to Milne. Bob really needs to be further up the ground our forward 50 entries were the worst I have seen at our club.

bornadog
16-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Assuming that Lake is given enforced leave I'd go with the following:
* Sherman for Smith
* Veszpremi for Lake (I would also consider Hill if going tall and Wallis would be a line ball)

I'd play Roughead at CHB and Marko at FB. Vespa at HBF and move Murphy to CHF. Sherman on the wing. Smith has done nothing much wrong just think at this stage of his development someone like Sherman offers more and a run at Willi wouldn't hurt him.

I like this^^^^

Smith is only 18 and will learn more at Willi. We need to do something with Wood, twice in the 3rd quarter he got caught, coughed up the ball and bang two goals in a row.

We need to see if Vez can play at this level, so he must come in as well.

Desipura
16-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I will really liked him and Marko on saturday night and and thought he should have gone to Milne. Bob really needs to be further up the ground our forward 50 entries were the worst I have seen at our club.
Ok, got it, Wood on Milne

The Bulldogs Bite
16-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Sherman and Veszpremi are two absolute musts.

I personally don't think we need both Roughead and Cordy against Melbourne. Roughy isn't offering enough up forward at the moment and Cordy can't compete in the ruck, so I would be tempted to bring Tom Hill in who can play down back, in the ruck or up forward. IF Lake is suspended, one of Roughy/Cordy stays in to play CHB.

Smith to return to Williamstown for Wallis.

One of Wood/Hargrave to be dropped based on form. Hargrave being shifted to the HF line may be an indication, but Wood has arguably been our worst thus far.

IN: Sherman, Veszpremi, Wallis, Hill
OUT: Smith, Cordy (OR) Roughead, Lake, Hargrave (OR) Wood

The Pie Man
16-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm liking some of the calls for Tom Hill's inclusion, as I was hugely impressed by what I saw on Saturday - does anyone think Jones needs a confidence boost in the VFL, or do we persist with development in the seniors and concede delivery to him has been the major factor in his poor form?

Ghost Dog
16-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm liking some of the calls for Tom Hill's inclusion, as I was hugely impressed by what I saw on Saturday - does anyone think Jones needs a confidence boost in the VFL, or do we persist with development in the seniors and concede delivery to him has been the major factor in his poor form?

Poor form or poorly supported by those who need to deliver a bit better?

Ozza
16-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Its not all about how someone performs in one game. My preference is to look at where we are going as a footy club - and, within reason, sticking with blokes who will be in the team in 2 or 3 years when it is a bit of a line ball call.

Sedat
16-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Look, I've no problem with calls for any player to be shifted/dropped/moved if warranted by form. But why keep an underperforming player on "what he might do next time" at the expense of a guy who hasn't done anything wrong to deserve it. I don't want to be seen as having a go at Ozza, because he/she is entitled to his/her opinion, but I can't see the reason for why Wood should stay and Dylan go.Addison has done nothing wrong this season to date and can't be dropped on form thus far. We all know he has his limitations but he has performed a role down back as creditably as anyone could have reasonably expected. What it says about the state of our list at the moment that DFA is one of the first dozen picked (and deservedly so) is a topic for another day.

EasternWest
16-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Its not all about how someone performs in one game. My preference is to look at where we are going as a footy club - and, within reason, sticking with blokes who will be in the team in 2 or 3 years when it is a bit of a line ball call.

Fair enough, that's a reasonable thing to say. For mine, we're also dealing in the now, and Wood is performing poorly, Addison isn't.

And who's to say with a decent crack at it Addison can't become a consistent role player in the next few years? I mean, we all know that he's probably on a knife edge when it comes to his future at the club, but he can't do any more than perform within the opportunity presented to him, and it's unfair to drop him in preference to Wood because there's a perceived future upside in Easton.

I enjoyed reading your reasoning though, it was well thought out and while I mostly disagree with it, I get where you're coming from.

strebla
16-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Ok, got it, Wood on Milne

Maybe I wasn't clear enough Desi but I was referring to DFA not Wood who needs a rest at Willi IMHO .

G-Mo77
16-04-2012, 05:45 PM
So Lake's officially out. I'm not bringing in any extra talls if I'm selecting the team. Clarke, Martin/Jamar are there only real big guys up forward and I think we can counter that with Marko and Cordy/Roughead, I'd prefer Cordy personally. Watts is more versatile than any of those guys so maybe you throw Shaggy at him or Wood. I'd give Vez a run in his place and go with some of the Dee's smaller forwards.

I'm throwing Wallis back in and leaving him there for at least 5 weeks at the expense of Smith. 3 games for the kid and he's looking cooked. A spell won't hurt him at all.

That's all I'd do.

Outs: Lake and Smith
Ins. Wallis and Veszpremi

bornadog
16-04-2012, 06:39 PM
So Lake's officially out. I'm not bringing in any extra talls if I'm selecting the team. Clarke, Martin/Jamar are there only real big guys up forward and I think we can counter that with Marko and Cordy/Roughead, I'd prefer Cordy personally. Watts is more versatile than any of those guys so maybe you throw Shaggy at him or Wood. I'd give Vez a run in his place and go with some of the Dee's smaller forwards.

I'm throwing Wallis back in and leaving him there for at least 5 weeks at the expense of Smith. 3 games for the kid and he's looking cooked. A spell won't hurt him at all.

That's all I'd do.

Outs: Lake and Smith
Ins. Wallis and Veszpremi

You don't think Sherman should come in?

G-Mo77
16-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Not really. Once he gets through his head fundmentals over making himself look good on the field then I'll play him.

I was screaming at the TV when he missed one goal in particular on Saturday.

Sockeye Salmon
16-04-2012, 07:54 PM
In: Sherman, Austin, Wallis, Veszpremi
Out: Lake, Wood, Smith, Roughead

I'd rather Roughead was retained but we have to get more run and he was the unlucky one.

Bulldog Revolution
16-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Yep, Austin has to come in for Lake - the guy has been in good touch and looks a handy player, with Morris, Williams and Lake out there is no point having him on the list if he doesn't play this week, and he has looked a capable backup.

In: Austin, Veszpremi
Out: Lake, Smith

I just don't see Roughie or Cordy being dropped this week. BMac was complimentary about Roughies improved competitiveness, and I'm not sure we would play Cordy for 1. If 1 has to be dropped its Cordy at this stage.

Wood is not in good touch, but everything we know about him suggests he is a fine member of the team, and again I'm just not sure he will be dropped

Mantis
16-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Wood is not in good touch, but everything we know about him suggests he is a fine member of the team, and again I'm just not sure he will be dropped

Such a good member that he likes to gift the opposing team a couple of goals per game.

And why is what you stated important?

Nuggety Back Pocket
16-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I would like to see Hill come in at FF. I would like to see Jones retained playing alongside Hill in a FP. We having nothing to lose by playing Hill or Panos. Jones has been given too much responsibility as the only key forward to date and has clearly struggled. He desperately needs more support rather than being dropped.

GVGjr
16-04-2012, 09:55 PM

BR has supplied a reason why he thinks Wood won't be dropped. It's important to the discussion.

Mantis
16-04-2012, 10:07 PM
BR has supplied a reason why he thinks Wood won't be dropped. It's important to the discussion.

You have mistaken the context of my comment.

My point was that why should matter if he is or isn't a fine member of the team in determining if he should remain in the side... The cold hard facts are that he is playing poorly and isn't really helping our chances of winning.

GVGjr
16-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Sorry, yes I did make the mistake

bornadog
16-04-2012, 11:30 PM

My point was that why should matter if he is or isn't a fine member of the team in determining if he should remain in the side... The cold hard facts are that he is playing poorly and isn't really helping our chances of winning.

I didn't like Wood playing in defence last year and this year he is being found out. I think he has potential but a new role needs to be found and a stint at Willi may help him develop to be a better player.

Nuggety Back Pocket
16-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd consider adding (from) Wallis, Sherman, Dickson, Austin and/or maybe Talia

Outs Smith, Wood and Roughead and maybe one more.

I agree on your four ins but believe Roughead should be retained to work as the ruck tandem with Minson. I agree on both Smith and Wood going back to Willy. Smith needs to work on his disposal to be a regular senior player. Wood I believe will become a better player out of defence and played further afield.

Sockeye Salmon
17-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I would like to see Hill come in at FF. I would like to see Jones retained playing alongside Hill in a FP. We having nothing to lose by playing Hill or Panos. Jones has been given too much responsibility as the only key forward to date and has clearly struggled. He desperately needs more support rather than being dropped.

Isn't this what Cordy was for?

I can't see how we could play Hill and Cordy together.

EasternWest
17-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Such a good member that he likes to gift the opposing team a couple of goals per game.

Yeah. Wood gifts them goals on purpose. That's exactly what this poster is saying.

It's important because there's obviously a value placed on people who are embraced within the group for their dedication to the team, club etc. Maybe it plays a part at the selection table, who knows?

Not sure why you felt the need to jump on BR when he was simply contributing his thoughts to the conversation.

jeemak
17-04-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm for bringing in more run, though retaining the two ruckmen and tall forward line for at least one more week. Because something didn't work when we were kicking the ball disgracefully isn't a reason to ditch it as a plan immediately. We need to be stronger in our resolve.

Cordy, Jones and Grant haven't had a lot of game time together and the coaching staff needs to be patient, particularly where our developing forward line is concerned. Retaining Cordy and Roughead eases our backline issues as well, as each could play on a resting ruckman.

I also think Jones in the absense of Lake might benefit from some time in defense if he's getting monstered again this week. I acknowledge this contradicts my point about Cordy, Grant and Jones needing time to play together, though I think we need to have an alternative for Jones prior to him being mentally deranged by the delivery to him and not touching the ball.

Not ideal, of course.

I'd bring in Veszpremi, Sherman and Wallis this week, for Smith, Wood and Lake.

Wood has been terribly out of form and needs to consolidate a string of performances together at Willy. Not much more to say about him, other than I don't think he's likely to perform better any farther forward than the centre line, and he needs to learn his defensive craft sooner rather than later. Being a forward in the AFL is harder now than it's ever been, and I haven't seen anything from Wood to suggest he can play forward of centre to the level required.

Smith is at a stage where he needs to take what he's being taught at training to a game where the intensity is a little lighter. I can't imagine the coaching staff doing much else other than developing his decision making and composure (as other areas of his game are reasonably advanced), though with his kicking flaws he'll be better served doing so at Williamstown.

Lake is a doofus. He made a concerted effort to pull his head in suspension wise for a significant period of time and deserves a single dose of leniency. If he does it again he needs to be seriously remided of what a player on a huge salary is required to devote to the team, particularly in times when his form is patchy at best.

Sherman is unpredictable however, he is a midfielder that can kick goals at AFL level which is really what we need right now. His decision making is hit an miss for sure, though his unpredictability to the opposition will benefit us. He must come in on the back of an ability to provide some outside run and finish.

Wallis is playing well and deserves an opportunity to consolidate a spot in the senior side. His decision making and kicking is superior to Smith's (the former attribute isn't necessarily a big slight on either player in my opinion, as both are young and have much to learn), he clearly works hard to attack the ball at least to the same level.

Veszpremi is probably the only player with the potential to play back other than Murphy (and a fit and in form Gilbee - unsighted for a year or so though) who is half a chance of hurting the opposition by foot and setting us up for clean forward thrusts. Good skills coming out of defense, and sweeping kicks to advantage of midfielders is key to delivering to the forward line with time to pick the right options and execute kicking skills effectively. Stuttering out of defense has hampered our ability to do this, and while we need good kicks around the midfield we also need good kicks clearing the ball from defense.

Hargrave lucky to retain his place, and Liberatore needs to pull his finger out and get his hands on the footy more this week.

G-Mo77
17-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I didn't like Wood playing in defence last year and this year he is being found out. I think he has potential but a new role needs to be found and a stint at Willi may help him develop to be a better player.

I actually love his run and carry from defence personally. It's what we lack badly.

Has Wood's role changed to last year? I didn't see the Crows game and I only really kept half an eye on the replay of Saturday's game. Round 1 he played more central than what he normally would, I'm pretty sure I saw him on a wing in that game.

Hotdog60
17-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Maybe Wood needs to be tried as an attacking player, he may have more upside being creative and making the opposition try and stop him rather than the other way round.

Take him back to Willi and see how he goes forward of centre, but at this point in time that maybe hard with our current defensive stocks.

It would be good to see the coach have one of those pieces of brilliance were a player is moved from were he normally plays and becomes a star in a new position. A bit like Harbrow's move to defense from Eade.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Maybe Wood needs to be tried as an attacking player, he may have more upside being creative and making the opposition try and stop him rather than the other way round.

Take him back to Willi and see how he goes forward of centre, but at this point in time that maybe hard with our current defensive stocks.

It would be good to see the coach have one of those pieces of brilliance were a player is moved from were he normally plays and becomes a star in a new position. A bit like Harbrow's move to defense from Eade.

Compared him to Andrew Walker of Carlton in another thread.

bornadog
17-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I actually love his run and carry from defence personally. It's what we lack badly.

Has Wood's role changed to last year? I didn't see the Crows game and I only really kept half an eye on the replay of Saturday's game. Round 1 he played more central than what he normally would, I'm pretty sure I saw him on a wing in that game.

Has hardly run and bounced at all this year. Last year he did a couple of times and we were all fooled in thinking he was creative and playing well, when in fact he was an average player.

He needs to get more of the ball and run run run and deliver with precision. Really needs to watch Murphy the way he plays. He is very athletic and has loads of potential, we just need to find the right spot for him.

Maddog37
17-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Wood really strikes me as a forward in the long run. Very good in one out contests. Very strong and explosive. Has a big leap and can grab the ball.

The backline may be the best place for his football education in the short term though, especially if he has to play in the Dogs forward line (as opposed to Geelong etc).

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Why don't we try and turn Wood into a tagger? What's his fitness like? Could he go with a midfielder all day?

Free up Picken who can actually find the ball and use it pretty well.

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Sherman should come in as we are desperately short of goalkickers and he would add pace to the line up. I thought Djeerkura didn't deserve to be the sub against St. Kilda as in the first half against Adelaide was the only forward who looked like kicking a goal. Dickson is another potential goalkicker who should be recalled.
We are relying too much on the likes of Jones, Grant, Gia and Higgins who simply haven't been firing up forward.

1eyedog
17-04-2012, 01:31 PM
OUTS:

Minson: He is out of form and is not offering any more than Roughhead around the ground. I would pinch hit with Cordy in the ruck, Roughie does not have an engine to ruck all day.

Hargrave: He has to go to make a statement. He was okay in round 2 but he is also badly out of form. It's about time we gave someone else a run. The same could be said for Gia and Higgins.

Addision: I never want him in the team, I don't think he is good enough. being hard at the ball is not enough.

INS:

Sherman: We need some run pretty badly.

Wallis: May as well play him if he is the future.

DJ: He deserves a full game

I would play Grant deep forward and Jones across half forward until he blows up. When he does I would move Murphy forward for half a quarter or so to see how we go, we are breaking down badly across half forward, I realise this has to do with what is coming in from further up the ground but we need to make structure changes in the forward line without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Lake out Sherman in
Maybe Smith for Wallis too

Roughy or Cordy to help down back.

chef
17-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Compared him to Andrew Walker of Carlton in another thread.

Seriously?

In what way?

EasternWest
17-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Seriously?

In what way?

Now who's showing their colours :) :) :)!

DragzLS1
17-04-2012, 05:31 PM
OUTS:

Minson: He is out of form and is not offering any more than Roughhead around the ground. I would pinch hit with Cordy in the ruck, Roughie does not have an engine to ruck all day.

Hargrave: He has to go to make a statement. He was okay in round 2 but he is also badly out of form. It's about time we gave someone else a run. The same could be said for Gia and Higgins.

Addision: I never want him in the team, I don't think he is good enough. being hard at the ball is not enough.

INS:

Sherman: We need some run pretty badly.

Wallis: May as well play him if he is the future.

DJ: He deserves a full game

I would play Grant deep forward and Jones across half forward until he blows up. When he does I would move Murphy forward for half a quarter or so to see how we go, we are breaking down badly across half forward, I realise this has to do with what is coming in from further up the ground but we need to make structure changes in the forward line without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I agree with most of your post and like DJ to get a fulll game and Wallis to get more game time then Smith this year.

But seriously Addison??? He has been the only consistant defender we have and not only does he try all day long, he has not been beaten yet and efficiency is 1 of the highest in the team. I think he has 100% efficiency against Adelaide and wouldnt be suprised if he had similar numbers against the saints. He was even presenting when Wood got caught by hayes in the backline but Wood decided to take Hayes on. Think Addison has earned his spot and should stay based on his current form.

chef
17-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Now who's showing their colours :) :) :)!

I am a huge Walker fan;):D.

They might be slightly comparable in the way that they move on the footy field, but terms of quality Walker would be closer to Griffen than he would be Wood.

BulldogBelle
17-04-2012, 06:24 PM
This week -
Back six: Markovic, Austin, Hargrave, Addison, Murphy, Picken
Midfield: Minson, Boyd, Cross, Cooney, Gia, Libratore, Griffin, Higgins,
Forwards; Cordy( as a KPP, not a ruckman), Jones, Grant, Wood, DJ, Roughhead, Dahlhaus.
Sub: Sherman.
Thats Austin in to cover for Lake, and Sherman for Smith.

Plenty of options to rotate and rest through the interchange.

comrade
17-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I am a huge Walker fan;):D.

They might be slightly comparable in the way that they move on the footy field, but terms of quality Walker would be closer to Griffen than he would be Wood.

Do you rate Walker very high or Wood very low, cos he ain't anywhere near Griffo?

chef
17-04-2012, 06:29 PM
This week -
Back six: Markovic, Austin, Hargrave, Addison, Murphy, Picken
Midfield: Minson, Boyd, Cross, Cooney, Gia, Picken, Libratore, Wallis, Higgins,
Forwards; Cordy( as a KPP, not a ruckman), Jones, Grant, Wood, DJ, Roughhead, Dahlhaus.
Sub: Sherman.
Thats Austin in to cover for Lake, and Sherman for Smith.

Plenty of options to rotate and rest through the interchange.

Where's the leg speed for the spread?

chef
17-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Do you rate Walker very high or Wood very low, cos he ain't anywhere near Griffo?

I rate Wood pretty low unfortunately(and I don't think he's(Walker) as good as Griffen).

BulldogBelle
17-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Where's the leg speed for the spread?

Very good point that highlights our problem - too slow (and too many medium paced, medium height, medium everything up forward). But where we are most exposed for a lack of speed is up forward. That is why (IMHO) we win the inside 50 count but get beaten by ten goals. When the ball hits the deck inside the 50m arc we're badly exposed.
If form permitted, I'd have Vespremy in too.

And also......my mistake, add Griffin in the midfield. I had Picken listed twice.

Dogmatic
17-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Is king tutt back from injury and available for selection? If so, his skills are badly needed. I know he's only played a few games...but I already see him as an important player...at least in addressing our poor kicking efficiency.

Sherman's pace and creativity is required ASAP....he's quite hard at the ball too.

OUTS- take your pick...there was no shortage of bad players.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Is king tutt back from injury and available for selection? If so, his skills are badly needed. I know he's only played a few games...but I already see him as an important player...at least in addressing our poor kicking efficiency.

Sherman's pace and creativity is required ASAP....he's quite hard at the ball too.

OUTS- take your pick...there was no shortage of bad players.

Really remains to be seen if he can damage with that creativity on a consistent basis. This board seems full of sceptics from the moment his pen touched the dotted line. I hope he can repay our faith.

1eyedog
17-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I agree with most of your post and like DJ to get a fulll game and Wallis to get more game time then Smith this year.

But seriously Addison??? He has been the only consistant defender we have and not only does he try all day long, he has not been beaten yet and efficiency is 1 of the highest in the team. I think he has 100% efficiency against Adelaide and wouldnt be suprised if he had similar numbers against the saints. He was even presenting when Wood got caught by hayes in the backline but Wood decided to take Hayes on. Think Addison has earned his spot and should stay based on his current form.

I understand your position. Look I'm not going to bag the guy, he gives his all and BMac clearly respects that and rightly so, I just don't think he is in our best 22 on paper so his position to me is unsustainable now. Pretty soon other players in the team will find top form and he will fall behind the 8 ball. The thing is, when the whole team is struggling the earnest triers who tackle hard and thrive on one on one contests rarely move up or down in form, they move slightly to each side of the fulcrum point but they stay fairly consistent. When the team finds form and is up and going and playing at their best he will still be at that fulcrum point. When I go through the list and assess potential when each player is in form I can't find a spot for him in the best 22, at least on paper. I suppose I'm thinking longer term.

Dancin' Douggy
17-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Melbourne's experience has shown that getting smashed week in and week out destroys them as football players. As a club we can't afford it in terms of membership losses. We need to be intent on winning every single game and sure, a few slots may be filled with development in mind, but we need a balanced team. I don't subscribe to the 'play the kids ' theory'. Team balance please. It hurts players development to have to play on the number 1# key defender or forward week in week out.

Yeah but what about Hawthorn's experience? (Flag),
and Carlton's experience? (serious flag contenders)
Both those teams were flogged mercilessly while they rebuilt.
Fans were screaming blue murder and tearing up their memberships.
Listen to them now.

G-Mo77
18-04-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't understand the calls for Austin to be promoted. Where does he fit into the team when Lake comes back after 1 week? Seems like a waste of an elevation to me, I'd rather elevate Johannisen. He's shown some really good form at Willy.

GVGjr
18-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't understand the calls for Austin to be promoted. Where does he fit into the team when Lake comes back after 1 week? Seems like a waste of an elevation to me, I'd rather elevate Johannisen. He's shown some really good form at Willy.

Austin was added to the rookie list for the very reason we are facing now.
Morris - Unclear on when he will return
Williams - Moved to the long term injury list
Lake - Suspended

Austin has more experience than the other rookies and has been in good form so despite the form of Campbell and the run of Johannisen I can understand why some would want him promoted.

BulldogBelle
18-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Austin (elevated rookie), Panos (1st game) and Mulligan (argh!) are all KPD options

Cordy could play further up the ground and have Markovic playing closer to goal

Given its only going to be for 1 match I dont see the point of elevating a rookie who would most likely be dropped the following week when Lake is back in the side

Maddog37
18-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Promoting Austin is surely a little short sighted though unless we feel he can be a long term prospect and not just a stop gap.

JJ and Campbell on the other hand look possible long term players in my mind.

Ghost Dog
18-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Promoting Austin is surely a little short sighted though unless we feel he can be a long term prospect and not just a stop gap.

Saw Campbell up close in Ballarat. Kicked three and looked really strong. Can't really understand why he hasn't been in the team to date.

G-Mo77
18-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Saw Campbell up close in Ballarat. Kicked three and looked really strong. Can't really understand why he hasn't been in the team to date.

He's on the rookie list so it's a little more difficult than just putting him in the senior squad.

Ghost Dog
18-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah but what about Hawthorn's experience? (Flag),
and Carlton's experience? (serious flag contenders)
Both those teams were flogged mercilessly while they rebuilt.
Fans were screaming blue murder and tearing up their memberships.
Listen to them now.

Do we have the deep pockets to be able to weather that storm?
Geelong have showed you don't need to go through a boom or bust cycle.
Besides, Carlton cheated.

GVGjr
18-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Short sighted? Where is it written that all rookies need to be able to play 100 games?
We move a player to the LTIL and we need to replace them. Surely the criteria is to fill the hole. If Campbell and others are regarded as long term players why were they rookie listed?

DragzLS1
18-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I understand your position. Look I'm not going to bag the guy, he gives his all and BMac clearly respects that and rightly so, I just don't think he is in our best 22 on paper so his position to me is unsustainable now. Pretty soon other players in the team will find top form and he will fall behind the 8 ball. The thing is, when the whole team is struggling the earnest triers who tackle hard and thrive on one on one contests rarely move up or down in form, they move slightly to each side of the fulcrum point but they stay fairly consistent. When the team finds form and is up and going and playing at their best he will still be at that fulcrum point. When I go through the list and assess potential when each player is in form I can't find a spot for him in the best 22, at least on paper. I suppose I'm thinking longer term.

When you put it that way I agree. Addison will not get much better if any better he is just consistant at what he does, but that consistant effort and his game so far is alot better then most in the side. That said when everybody on our list is on song he will not have a starting postision as you have mentioned.

But for now he is in the starting 18 which says more about our poor form then his good form unfortunately.

Sockeye Salmon
18-04-2012, 04:01 PM

I don't get this at all. The guy took 1 decent mark and another couple of easier ones and kicked 2 goals.

The week before v Carlton Will took about 5 contested marks and kicked 4.

In 3 games for Willi Campbell has managed one goal a game.

Campbell has been encouraging in the VFL this year with his tapwork but those of you who think he's the answer to our forward woes are going to be disappointed. He is a ruckman who is probably not as good up forward as Will (and Will's not very good at it).

As forwards, Ayce and Tom Hill have been miles better performed.

westdog54
18-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Short sighted? Where is it written that all rookies need to be able to play 100 games?
We move a player to the LTIL and we need to replace them. Surely the criteria is to fill the hole. If Campbell and others are regarded as long term players why were they rookie listed?

Beat me to it.

In a way the Rookie list is a stop gap of sorts. Its there so that we can replace injured players.

You draft long term players. Then sometimes you get lucky and a Rookie lights it up and turns into a long term player.

I highly doubt we considered Barlow a 'long term player' last year.

ledge
18-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Beat me to it.

In a way the Rookie list is a stop gap of sorts. Its there so that we can replace injured players.

You draft long term players. Then it sometimes you get lucky and a Rookie lights up and turns into a long term player.
I highly doubt we considered Barlow a 'long term player' last year.

We have a good record with rookies,tend to get them right more than some of our list players.

GVGjr
18-04-2012, 08:27 PM
We have a good record with rookies,tend to get them right more than some of our list players.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't promote the player that suits this seasons needs and then upgrade others at the end of the season if their form and longer term potential warrants it.

Maddogs view was that it would be short sighted to promote Austin and I just don't see it that way and it certainly doesn't mean that we can't promote Campbell, Johannisen or even Jong at the end of the season overlooking Austin.

Promote the player that will play the most and for me right at this moment that has to be Austin.

Greystache
18-04-2012, 08:32 PM
It doesn't mean that we shouldn't promote the player that suits this seasons needs and then upgrade others at the end of the season if their form and longer term potential warrants it.

Maddogs view was that it would be short sighted to promote Austin and I just don't see it that way and it certainly doesn't mean that we can't promote Campbell, Johannisen or even Jong at the end of the season overlooking Austin.

Promote the player that will play the most and for me right at this moment that has to be Austin.

Agree. The rookie list, at least early in the season, is for filling short term needs if possible. If a player is beating down the door so much that they demand selection then we have the option of promoting them onto the senior list permanently after round 11 anyway.

How often has a rookie ever really demanded they be promoted in the first half of the season? Dahlhaus was a rookie sensation last year and even then it wasn't until round 9 or 10 before it was felt he'd earned a call up.

Rocco Jones
18-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Definitely agree with elevating Austin. He will be our emergency key-defender until Morris or Williams are right and he can also possibly replace Wood, Addison or Shaggy if his form warrants as our backline is a bit on the short side.

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Have we? I counted about 10 out of over 30 rookie selection since 1999. Yes Boyd, Picken, Morris and Dahlhaus are the stand outs. Harbrow has gone. In that 10 are Mulligan, Hooper, Barlow, Moles and Panos. Not sure we are better at it than other clubs.

ledge
18-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Have we? I counted about 10 out of over 30 rookie selection since 1999. Yes Boyd, Picken, Morris and Dahlhaus are the stand outs. Harbrow has gone. In that 10 are Mulligan, Hooper, Barlow, Moles and Panos. Not sure we are better at it than other clubs.

Compared to other clubs, can you name other clubs with 10 out of 30 that became good players and one who became captain?
Even those figures would be in a pretty good bracket I would think.

Panos is a bit young to put in the failed part, Harbrow was a great rookie just because he moved clubs is irrelevant, fact is we took him as a rookie and he became a long term player.

ledge
18-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Getting back to the committee I would upgrade Austin and put him in, he is seasoned and we need that desperately in our backline with Lake and Morris gone.

Sockeye Salmon
18-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Compared to other clubs, can you name other clubs with 10 out of 30 that became good players and one who became captain?
Even those figures would be in a pretty good bracket I would think.

Panos is a bit young to put in the failed part, Harbrow was a great rookie just because he moved clubs is irrelevant, fact is we took him as a rookie and he became a long term player.

You're kidding, right?

Freo have more than that on their current list.

Aaron Sandilands, Roger Hayden, Paul Duffield, Ryan Crowley, Matthew De Boer, Jay Van Berlo, Greg Broughton, Michael Barlow, Alex Silvagni, Nick Lower, Casey Sibosado, Clancee Pearce.

Others to have played senior footy since the 1999 rookie draft - Daniel Haines, Andrew Seigert, Luke Webster, Joshua Head, Daniel Gilmour, Steven Dodd, Daniel Smith, Michael Warren, Andrew Foster, Luke Pratt, Ryley Dunn, Benjamin Bucovaz, Robert Haddrill

How about West Coast?

Dean Cox, Matthew Priddis, Mark Nicoski, Quinton Lynch, Adam Cockie, Andrew Strijk, Ashton Hams, Steven Armstrong, Aaron Edwards (now at NM), Casey Green, Brent Tuckey, Callum Wilson, Beau Wilkes (now at St. K), Jaymie Graham, Zac Beeck, Jamie McNamara, Chad Jones, Ryan Davis.

Mantis
18-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Getting back to the committee I would upgrade Austin and put him in, he is seasoned and we need that desperately in our backline with Lake and Morris gone.

But is he any good?

westdog54
18-04-2012, 10:31 PM
But is he any good?

The other options aren't all that inspiring. Unless you want to give Mulligan another crack?

GVGjr
18-04-2012, 10:40 PM
But is he any good?

It's mainly a punt whenever you upgrade a rookie but of the options available you can put a line through Greenwood, Redpath and Jong. Johannisen isn't ready and we already have 3 ruckman so to me that limits Campbell's appeal. With a few KPP missing at the moment the guy with some experience and the one that fits our needs the best has to be Austin.

Who knows if he will be better than a Barlow or not but I think he is best placed to add something to the side. At the end of the season we can work out who we want to maintain.

Mantis
18-04-2012, 10:44 PM
The other options aren't all that inspiring. Unless you want to give Mulligan another crack?

I haven't had a good laugh for a while so why not.

My reports on Austin aren't all that complimentary so I don't see the point of playing him just for one week, would rather we throw a mixture of Grant, Roughy & Cordy down there and see how they go knowing that Lake is back next week.

But if he can play then he might take over from other non-performers.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2012, 02:03 AM
I haven't seen much of Austin, so I can't comment either. On face value, it makes sense to upgrade him and not just for this week. Even with Lake and Mulligan, we're 1 tall defender short with Morris and Williams still sitting on the sidelines. If Austin can play, it would definitely help balance the side out.

With Minson, Roughy and Cordy -- we don't have a pressing need to upgrade Campbell. I think he's a really solid prospect who will be upgraded by the year's end, though.

Redpath isn't ready (or good enough?), and Greenwood is a fair way off it at this stage.

JJ is an interesting one -- I seem to only catch snippets of Williamstown's games, and he catches my eye. If he gets upgraded, it'd surely be after round 11, if at all -- but hopefully he develops to earna spot on the senior list.

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 02:03 AM
I haven't had a good laugh for a while so why not.

My reports on Austin aren't all that complimentary so I don't see the point of playing him just for one week, would rather we throw a mixture of Grant, Roughy & Cordy down there and see how they go knowing that Lake is back next week.

But if he can play then he might take over from other non-performers.

Echoes my thoughts. Stop gap for one game and I really think we can get away without another big against Melbourne. He's paid as a senior listed player for the remainder of the season if he is elevated isn't he?

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Echoes my thoughts. Stop gap for one game and I really think we can get away without another big against Melbourne. He's paid as a senior listed player for the remainder of the season if he is elevated isn't he?

As I said above, I am not so sure it would be for just one game.

We could have used another tall in the first 3 rounds of the season, especially given that Hargrave and Wood are really struggling.

IF Austin can play, I'd like to see us elevate him. We need some support.

Also, it gives us an opportunity to see if Austin is worth keeping for next year. If he isn't, delist him (ala Barlow). If we don't elevate him, it seems a silly decision to even rookie him in the first place.

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 02:11 AM
I haven't seen much of Austin, so I can't comment either. On face value, it makes sense to upgrade him and not just for this week. Even with Lake and Mulligan, we're 1 tall defender short with Morris and Williams still sitting on the sidelines. If Austin can play, it would definitely help balance the side out.

But the thing is we're only really 1 tall defender short this week. Marko got his break because of Lake's injuries last year. Williams is out now and he's that second tall down back with Lake. We're not going to be stretched for height this week so I think we can get away without another tall defender.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2012, 02:15 AM
But the thing is we're only really 1 tall defender short this week. Marko got his break because of Lake's injuries last year. Williams is out now and he's that second tall down back with Lake. We're not going to be stretched for height this week so I think we can get away without another tall defender.

If ever there was a week to get away without a third tall, it's definitely against Melbourne.

I think Austin would be handy against most other opposition sides though.

I just noticed I typed "Mulligan" instead of "Markovic" :o

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 02:18 AM
We could have used another tall against the Eagles. Didn't see the Crows game but just looking at stats and reading reviews we held up alright. Last week it wasn't the Saints talks that did the damage.

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 02:21 AM
I just noticed I typed "Mulligan" instead of "Markovic" :o

C'mon! Marko doesn't deserve that. :D

Bulldog Revolution
19-04-2012, 03:38 AM

Remember I am not stating what I would do just guessing as to what our new coaching structure will do

Im wondering whether Woods status within the group and the fact he has been seen as a future leader will effect whether BMac and co want to be seen as scapegoating him after a poor performance by the team, or whether 3 games in they want to go with faith, albeit in some supporters eyes blind.

Post match Mcartney stated clearly that he didn't believe that dropping young players was what we would be doing

It will be interesting to see what happens

azabob
19-04-2012, 09:35 AM

Sort of, when Williams is ready to come back they can downgrade him back to the rookie list if they want, however if it's after round 11 they can keep him on.

bornadog
19-04-2012, 11:59 AM
From The Age

The Dogs have had to deal with the no-Lake-Williams-Morris nightmare just five times since the trio began playing together in 2007.

In four of those five games, an opposition key forward has proved damaging, with Port Adelaide's John Butcher (six goals), Hawthorn's Lance Franklin (five), Richmond's Jack Riewoldt (four) and Essendon's Michael Hurley (four) all hitting the scoreboard hard in matches last year.

Interestingly though, the Dogs worked enough magic to come away with three wins.
But West Coast's Josh Kennedy has already teased out the Dogs' vulnerability down back this year, kicking seven goals in round one. How coach Brendan McCartney reconfigures the back line without Lake has been the million-dollar question at Whitten Oval this week.
The Bulldogs will persist with Lukas Markovic in one key post, although the still-green defender has been thrown in the deep end in recent times, given big jobs in the absence of Lake last year, and again this season with Williams missing.

The club added former Carlton backman Mark Austin to its rookie list for the purpose of defensive depth, and he might get an opportunity at his new club quicker than he thought.
Another rookie, powerful ruck-forward Tom Campbell, has continued on from an impressive pre-season by performing well in the VFL and could be brought in to release one of the other Dogs talls into defence.

Dogs, meanwhile, will consider resting a couple of their young players, perhaps even boom draftee Clay Smith, mindful of the toll the club's bruising pre-season might have taken on some of their bodies.

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Western Bulldogs have upgraded Mark Austin from rookie list as replacement for Tom Williams, who was already on the long-term injury list.

Saw this on tooserious.net in the twitter feed.

Will be named now surely?

AndrewP6
19-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Western Bulldogs have upgraded Mark Austin from rookie list as replacement for Tom Williams, who was already on the long-term injury list.

I saw something similar on Facebook. EDIT> also on WB Twitter feed.

azabob
19-04-2012, 06:22 PM

You would think so.

bornadog
19-04-2012, 06:28 PM
My best guess:

Out: Lake, Smith, Roughie or Cordy (can't pick)

In: Austin, Wallis, Sherman

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I,ll just stay with the side I poster earlier , as I stated before I don,t really want to bounce Cordy after one game but Tommy Hill gives a more direct target , Dahlhaus and Cooney need to spend more time forward to crumb and apply pressure

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I,ll just stay with the side I poster earlier , as I stated before I don,t really want to bounce Cordy after one game but Tommy Hill gives a more direct target , Dahlhaus and Cooney need to spend more time forward to crumb and apply pressure

You'll get 1 right in Lake out.

Ins don't address pace issues. Outs are just the scapegoats.

Ghost Dog
19-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Out Lake
Ins - we could afford to go with a smaller fullback this week. Picken to Full back, Sherman to center.

Where is Zephania at these days? He's pretty fast and chases well. I heard he has been pretty crap at Willi. comments?

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 06:48 PM
You'll get 1 right in Lake out.

Ins don't address pace issues. Outs are just the scapegoats.

Hargrave is not in form , Wallis needs more game time , Cordy only drops out as Tommy Hill is better on the lead , Austin deserves his chance at CHB , the speed is there - its just it has to shown in speed of decision making , I,m not making or suggesting anyone is a scapegoat at all

DragzLS1
19-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Lake out
Austin in

They will be the only changes

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Hargrave is not in form , Wallis needs more game time , Cordy only drops out as Tommy Hill is better on the lead , Austin deserves his chance at CHB , the speed is there - its just it has to shown in speed of decision making , I,m not making or suggesting anyone is a scapegoat at all.
If Hargrave was the only player out of form then you would be right. He is not the worst, neither is Higgins. There are your scapegoats.

Backline already lacking experience. Dropping Hargrave would make that even more undermanned.

Hill might make it one day, but to say he can make a difference in game 1 is far fetched. Ill be very disappointed if Cordy is dropped after 1 game. What was the point playing him last week?

Tell us more on how the speed is there. Adding 2 talls and 2 one pacers ain't gonna help it.

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Lake out
Austin in

They will be the only changes

There will be 7 on the bench til Saturday. So at least 4 will be in tonight.

Ghost Dog
19-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Ins - Brent Moloney, Ricky Petterd, Jack Fitzpatrick, Joel Macdonald, Thomas Couch

Outs - Jack Grimes (Suspension), Stefan Martin

New: Thomas Couch (Grovedale)

Ins - Patrick Veszpremi, Justin Sherman, Mitchell Wallis, Tory Dickson, Mark Austin

Out - Brian Lake (Suspension), Clay Smith (Soreness)

New - Mark Austin (Carlton)

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 07:42 PM
If Hargrave was the only player out of form then you would be right. He is not the worst, neither is Higgins. There are your scapegoats.

Backline already lacking experience. Dropping Hargrave would make that even more undermanned.

Hill might make it one day, but to say he can make a difference in game 1 is far fetched. Ill be very disappointed if Cordy is dropped after 1 game. What was the point playing him last week?

Tell us more on how the speed is there. Adding 2 talls and 2 one pacers ain't gonna help it.

No scapegoats , and three of my Ins are in

Macca is not concerned with foot speed and neither should you , we need quick decisions

As I said earlier , I really did,nt want to bounce Cordy after one game , as it is he is still in

Tommy Hill will get his chance , the match committee have gone for some medium sized players in the forward line

Remi Moses
19-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Would have liked a statement made on perennial loafer Shaun Higgins.
For to long Shaun's talked the talk but failed to deliver

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Would have liked a statement made on perennial loafer Shaun Higgins.
For to long Shaun's talked the talk but failed to deliver

With the team as named he could still be listed as an Emergency

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Interesting Extended bench..

Roughead, Libba, Higgins, Grant, Dickson, Austin, Wallis

Who will be the final 4?

My guess is Higgins, Libba, Austin and Grant

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 07:55 PM
No scapegoats , and three of my Ins are in

Yet none of your outs are out except Lake. Thats where the scapegoats are.

ledge
19-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Hargrave is not in form , Wallis needs more game time , Cordy only drops out as Tommy Hill is better on the lead , Austin deserves his chance at CHB , the speed is there - its just it has to shown in speed of decision making , I,m not making or suggesting anyone is a scapegoat at all

If you go to the western bulldog website, Shannon Grant gave Cordy big raps on bulldogs TV, Cordy wont get dropped.

Ghost Dog
19-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I never bother watching Melbourne so I know nothing about them,,,

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Veszpremi and Sherman are good inclusions to a side lacking skill (Vez) and pace (Sherman). Hopefully they deliver.

The bench will be interesting. Higgins is the only certainty for mine.

Libba has been out of form, Roughead isn't really needed and Grant hasn't got a lot of the ball (but I've liked his efforts). Surely if Austin has been promoted, he plays. Therefore, it's hard to see us needing/playing Roughead -- despite Macca being a big fan of Jordan's.

Wallis would be incredibly stiff to miss and it probably comes down to him v Libba.

I'd go with:
Higgins (sub)
Austin
Wallis
Grant

However, I think the coaching panel will play Libba over Wallis.

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 08:10 PM
If you go to the western bulldog website, Shannon Grant gave Cordy big raps on bulldogs TV, Cordy wont get dropped.

I did,nt really want to drop him after one game , I just thought Tommy Hill offered something else , Cordy is still in and the match committee have changed the structure a little , I must admit I wasn,t expecting Sherman to come in at FP , I thought he still had a few things to work on before coming up for consideration in a week or two , Djerrkura just replaces Dahlhaus at FP and its good to see him in the starting side

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Macca is not concerned with foot speed and neither should you , we need quick decisions

Clearly you are wrong there too as Sherman is straight into the side.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2012, 08:17 PM

I agree.

Chops, who do you think will make up the four on the bench?

It would seem a little harder to pick this week.

Pedro Sanchez
19-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Ins - Brent Moloney, Ricky Petterd, Jack Fitzpatrick, Joel Macdonald, Thomas Couch

Ins - Patrick Veszpremi, Justin Sherman, Mitchell Wallis, Tory Dickson, Mark Austin

Out - Brian Lake (Suspension), Clay Smith (Soreness)

New - Mark Austin (Carlton)

FYI - Tommy Couch is the son of brownlow medalist Paul. He's from Bell Park in the GFL and not Grovedale. Won a flag with the Dragons last year.

Anyway enough on Melbourne. Hope Austin is a player...

Throughandthrough
19-04-2012, 08:39 PM
FYI - Tommy Couch is the son of brownlow medalist Paul. He's from Bell Park in the GFL and not Grovedale. Won a flag with the Dragons last year.

Anyway enough on Melbourne. Hope Austin is a player...

Is that dead set?

I was not aware of that.

struggled to get a reserves game for Glenelg in the SANFL in 2009.

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Oh really , your logic is as rectangular as a triangle , Sherman comes in for Smith

On my side of the fence , Brad Hardie won a Brownlow because he could make quick decisions not because he had good foot speed

On your side of the fence, in 1998 we should have paid Shane Whereat $300,000 a year to switch codes

Pedro Sanchez
19-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Is that dead set?

I was not aware of that.

struggled to get a reserves game for Glenelg in the SANFL in 2009.

Yeah that's dead set... He's schooled at St Joeys, went to the SANFL and came back to Geelong in 2010 spending the last 2 at Bell Park.

Same path as Jimmy Bartel - well going to school at Joeys and playing for Bell Park. He obviously had a more direct route into the AFL.

1eyedog
19-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah that's dead set... He's schooled at St Joeys, went to the SANFL and came back to Geelong in 2010 spending the last 2 at Bell Park.

Same path as Jimmy Bartel - well going to school at Joeys and playing for Bell Park. He obviously had a more direct route into the AFL.

Sorry to hijack the thread but you speak of Joey's as if you know it, did you go there? I was there from 1987-1989, just before the last Christian Brother Principal retired, Brother Howe. I assume we are speaking about Newtown, Geelong?

BulldogBelle
19-04-2012, 10:13 PM

In bold are some very reasonable 'ins' for the Demons

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I agree.

Chops, who do you think will make up the four on the bench?

It would seem a little harder to pick this week.

I think it will be Austin and Grant. With one of Libba, Wallis and Higgins to miss. I don't think Roughead should play

LostDoggy
19-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh really , your logic is as rectangular as a triangle , Sherman comes in for Smith

On my side of the fence , Brad Hardie won a Brownlow because he could make quick decisions not because he had good foot speed

On your side of the fence, in 1998 we should have paid Shane Whereat $300,000 a year to switch codes

Not sure what you are talking about?
Clearly Sherman's addition to the side adds pace.
You believed we didn't need to add more pace and said Macca believed it too.
Sherman isn't in the side because of his smarts of moving the ball quickly.

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Not overly impressed with the team. Don't agree with Austin coming in, I've mentioned it already in this thread. Don't agree with the Sherman inclusion, he's got a hell of a lot to do to get back in my good books. Those that we ere wowed by his VFL performance are easily impressed. Wallis looks to miss again or is going to be sub. :rolleyes:

Happy to see Vez in though. He's really earned that spot, hope he does really well.

Oh well, we'll see how we go with this.

GVGjr
19-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Not overly impressed with the team. Don't agree with Austin coming in, I've mentioned it already in this thread. Don't agree with the Sherman inclusion, he's got a hell of a lot to do to get back in my good books. Those that we ere wowed by his VFL performance are easily impressed. Wallis looks to miss again or is going to be sub. :rolleyes:

Happy to see Vez in though. He's really earned that spot, hope he does really well.

Oh well, we'll see how we go with this.

I don't quite get what your issue is with upgrading Austin and the promotion of Sherman?

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't quite get what your issue is with upgrading Austin and the promotion of Sherman?

I don't think we need Austin this week and don't think Sherman has done anywhere near enough for a senior spot.

GVGjr
19-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't think we need Austin this week and don't think Sherman has done anywhere near enough for a senior spot.

We lose Lake but you don't think we need another tall defender and I would have thought Sherman should at least be in the mix for a return.
Who did you want in?

G-Mo77
19-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Vez and Wallis would have been my ins at the expense if Smith and Lake.

Melbourne's a team we could have got away without another tall defender and could pinch hit if we did.

always right
19-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Vez and Wallis would have been my ins at the expense if Smith and Lake.

Melbourne's a team we could have got away without another tall defender and could pinch hit if we did.

What moves do you think we can make if Clarke is towelling up Marcovic and Watts is causing problems?

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 12:17 AM
What moves do you think we can make if Clarke is towelling up Marcovic and Watts is causing problems?

So what if he then towels up Austin as well should we have a third tall just in case that happen?

always right
20-04-2012, 12:25 AM
So what if he then towels up Austin as well should we have a third tall just in case that happen?

I would have thought most coaches would prefer to have some cover. We appear to have none.

SlimPickens
20-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I would have thought most coaches would prefer to have some cover. We appear to have none.

At one stage in the disaster last week Grant and Roughy played back, that's coverage albeit very raw coverage.

Bulldog Revolution
20-04-2012, 11:53 AM

GMo - We cant go into a game with Markovic as our only key defender. It's not a feasible approach. The opposition will then just decide to load up on talls in the forward line and Shaggy and Wood will end up playing on talls, resting ruckmen etc

Whilst I share your frustrations with Sherman, its really about what Sherman produces at senior level that interests me, and we wont see it if we dont play him

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 12:15 PM
GMo - We cant go into a game with Markovic as our only key defender. It's not a feasible approach. The opposition will then just decide to load up on talls in the forward line and Shaggy and Wood will end up playing on talls, resting ruckmen etc

Melbourne actually do have another tall forward in McDonald so I've softened my stance on the Austin elevation a little. I still think it's only a 1 maybe 2 week stint for him which is my concern as it's quick midfielders we need not more talls and now we have to wait until Round 11 if JJ is the real deal.

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 12:27 PM

What exactly are you expecting from Sherman? Jesus how about getting stuck into all the other players in our team for their low outputs? Saying someone who generally provides pace and run and carry does not deserve to be in the team is completely at odds with your last post (i.e. we need more quick midfielders). Sherman is not a midfielder but he has a talent for breakig lines and is unlikely to be tagged on Sunday, who exactly do you think should come into the side who has both Sherman's speed and experience? If you think he's a dick socially that's fine but he has shown genuine promise since coming over from the Lions and has had the opportunity to kick multiple goals at times in games. IMO if he's fit he's in, especially because we look so one paced and cannot kick a goal!

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't know him socially but seems like a dick on the field and seems to go to the enormous lengths to make himself look good rather than doing what the team needs him to do. Yeah he fills what we do need in terms of pace and run but I'd rather him stamp the BS out of his game before he gets another shot.

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I would like to stamp the BS out of about 12 players games before they get another game.

You can't omit a player with a skill set we really need from the game because he seems like a dick. McCartney needs to work with him and develop him into a better footballer and for people like Sherman I don't know if the VFL is the best place to do that.

His worse is not the worse in the team by a long way and his upside might be just better than most if he can create some run and kick a couple of goals. Lets see how he goes.

Dancin' Douggy
20-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Do we have the deep pockets to be able to weather that storm?
Geelong have showed you don't need to go through a boom or bust cycle.
Besides, Carlton cheated.

Melbourne's experience has shown that getting smashed week in and week out destroys them as football players.

I'm disagreeing with this part of your post Ghost Dog.

Hawthorn and Carlton both got smashed week in week out.
Hawthorn have already won a flag since then and Carlton look to be in serious contention now.

So you can't say as a fact that Melbourne's situation shows us anything.

Whether the club can weather the storm, and Geelong's history are two other separate topics.

EasternWest
20-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I would like to stamp the BS out of about 12 players games before they get another game.

I actually agree with both of you to a degree on Sherman. But I'm curious to know the other twelve players you're referring to and exactly what BS you're referring to?

bornadog
20-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Sherman may be a bit of a show pony when kicking goals but he can play. What does every one want, a bunch or robots. I consider Sherman someone a little different instead of the usual quiet Bulldogs players who won't say boo.

I have said this before, last year till the infamous racial vilification incident, he was leading our score assists and sat 9th overall in the AFL.

We need him back for his speed and scoring opportunities he creates.

PS: Please Sherman don't try and dribble the ball along the ground:D

The Bulldogs Bite
20-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Sherman may be a bit of a show pony when kicking goals but he can play. What does every one want, a bunch or robots. I consider Sherman someone a little different instead of the usual quiet Bulldogs players who won't say boo.

I have said this before, last year till the infamous racial vilification incident, he was leading our score assists and sat 9th overall in the AFL.

I agree with this.

I think Sherman is judged very harshly by supporters.

He's certainly not a complete player and will be frustrating at times, but he's far from the worst, and he does have more talent than the average player. His pace and willingness to take the game on will be needed. He can win a contested ball too -- and as you said, does create scoring options for others as well as himself. All of which we are severely lacking at the moment.

The number one thing that irritates me about Sherman are those 'dribble along the ground' shots at goal, as you pointed out BAD. He does this more than any other player I have EVER seen and it rarely works.

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Official Ins and Outs.

Ins: Sherman, Vez, Wallis

Out: Libba, Smith, Lake

chef
20-04-2012, 06:09 PM
So no Austin:confused:.

Big game coming up for Markovic.

Happy with the other ins though.

SlimPickens
20-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Grant to play defence?

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 06:13 PM

Seems dumb to promote him and then not play him. He still may come into the team.

Cordy down back maybe? Played there a lot last year.

Ozza
20-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Final Changes are
Out: Libba (omitted), Smith (Sore), Lake (susp.)
In : Vez, Sherman, Wallis.

chef
20-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Final Changes are

Omitted:confused: Has he been that bad?

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I actually agree with both of you to a degree on Sherman. But I'm curious to know the other twelve players you're referring to and exactly what BS you're referring to?

When I say BS I mean deficiencies, especially in senior players. I would like to stamp out the following in the players listed below, but realise that some of these deficiencies are part and parcel of the player, similar to what I was trying to say with regard to Sherman. Twelve was a throw away number.

Jarrad Grant- seems disinterested at times (why is this? Won't run the other way).
Shaun Higgins- See above.
Gia- Cannot stay in the game when we need him most (this is not from a lack of talent)
Boyd- needs to lift his disposal efficiency
Hargrave- Needs to be more of a team player- too often bombs long, quite frantically at times
Will Minson-still gives away far too many free kicks from unnecessary attack on the opposition rather than the ball.
Brian Lake A brain fade a game can cost you a game, the problem (or BS) about his brain fades are that they often derive from simple mistakes such as punching the ball rather than marking or making sure that the ball does not go over the back to goal side.
Cross-cannot set up play, always kicks to stagnate teammates behind the play.
I am not going to rag Wood, I think he is played out of position.

You're never going to stamp all these deficiencies out, I'm a realist and I could write a similar doctrine for half a dozen players from every club. It just so happens that our senior core are well down at the moment.

Ozza
20-04-2012, 06:27 PM

There's probably more to it. He was subbed out last week. He may have been told to work on a few things in the reserves. You wouldn't think he'd be out for more than one week.

EasternWest
20-04-2012, 06:28 PM
When I say BS I mean deficiencies, especially in senior players. I would like to stamp out the following in the players listed below, but realise that some of these deficiencies are part and parcel of the player, similar to what I was trying to say with regard to Sherman. Twelve was a throw away number.

Jarrad Grant- seems disinterested at times (why is this? Won't run the other way).
Shaun Higgins- See above.
Gia- Cannot stay in the game when we need him most (this is not from a lack of talent)
Boyd- needs to lift his disposal efficiency
Hargrave- Needs to be more of a team player- too often bombs long, quite frantically at times
Will Minson-still gives away far too many free kicks from unnecessary attack on the opposition rather than the ball.
Brian Lake A brain fade a game can cost you a game, the problem (or BS) about his brain fades are that they often derive from simple mistakes such as punching the ball rather than marking or making sure that the ball does not go over the back to goal side.
Cross-cannot set up play, always kicks to stagnate teammates behind the play.
I am not going to rag Wood, I think he is played out of position.

You're never going to stamp all these deficiencies out, I'm a realist and I could write a similar doctrine for half a dozen players from every club. It just so happens that our senior core are well down at the moment.

Cool. Thanks for the answer.

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Final Changes are

Good ins, I like Grant on Watts.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-04-2012, 06:34 PM

Yes.

Libba's last two weeks have been disappointing so I am not surprised to see him make way. Good changes.

Whilst it is a little odd to elevate Austin and then not play him, it'll probably suffice against Melbourne who aren't tall. Still -- they could have brought Austin up to the main list in 2 weeks time v Collingwood, seeing as we play GWS next week and Lake will be back.

However -- I question the need of Roughead. Could we have got more out of Austin than Roughead?

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes.

Libba's last two weeks have been disappointing so I am not surprised to see him make way. Good changes.

Whilst it is a little odd to elevate Austin and then not play him, it'll probably suffice against Melbourne who aren't tall. Still -- they could have brought Austin up to the main list in 2 weeks time v Collingwood, seeing as we play GWS next week and Lake will be back.

However -- I question the need of Roughead. Could we have got more out of Austin than Roughead?

Difficult to say without a precedence and depends where you play them and what you want out of each player. You'dget more out of playing Roughead in the ruck/resting forward for his development, I don't think Roughie has had any serious exposure to the rigours and high stress scenarios of playing deep back, so Austin may have provided more there.

What are our biggest needs on Sunday? Someone to help out Marko or someone to relieve Will and drift forward?

AndrewP6
20-04-2012, 07:32 PM

Good points, I'm glad he's in the side this week.

bornadog
20-04-2012, 07:38 PM
No Austin, so Roughie may play at CHB again. I guess wil depend on who Melbourne throw down there.

bornadog
20-04-2012, 07:41 PM
The number one thing that irritates me about Sherman are those 'dribble along the ground' shots at goal, as you pointed out BAD. He does this more than any other player I have EVER seen and it rarely works.

Besides Buddy ie. I went to the Hawks v Geelong game and twice in the last quarter Buddy tried to dribble the ball threw from a long way out and missed. They lost by two points. Pity the ground was wet.

Mantis
20-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Can't really comment on the Adelaide game, but Libba was paid some pretty close attention last week and although he struggled dropping him is bloody stupid.

He is one of the few mids in our team who attacks when he has the ball and is a player who needs to develop at the highest level.

LostDoggy
20-04-2012, 08:08 PM
What was the point promoting Austin? Do we have money to throw away?

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Can't really comment on the Adelaide game, but Libba was paid some pretty close attention last week and although he struggled dropping him is bloody stupid.

He is one of the few mids in our team who attacks when he has the ball and is a player who needs to develop at the highest level.

I don't disagree but I think Libba is being rested rather than being omitted.

What was the point promoting Austin? Do we have money to throw away?

Seems that way doesn't it.

GVGjr
20-04-2012, 08:44 PM

But as a goal kicker I want him to convert not blaze away. He wastes more opportunities than he should because he appears to want to the fancy things rather than being more clinical on his conversions. Your a man who values statistics more than most so it surprises me you aren't on him more for missing gettable goals.

Maddog37
20-04-2012, 09:14 PM

He may be sore and maybe they recognize it is hard to fit him, Mitch, Boyd and Cross in the same team.

Lots of maybes but it has been said before on this forum I think.

Sedat
20-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Sherman has some pace but my knock on him is that his decision-making stinks - it always has. Not much use running and carrying when you turn it over with a poor decision. Still, nor much use having 350k running around Pt Gellibrand.

Absolutely staggered by the decision to drop Libba. Just a shocking decision IMO - we need every bit of his skill and decision making in our midfield.

Desipura
20-04-2012, 09:24 PM
But as a goal kicker I want him to convert not blaze away. He wastes more opportunities than he should because he appears to want to the fancy things rather than being more clinical on his conversions. Your a man who values statistics more than most so it surprises me you aren't on him more for missing gettable goals.
Probably because there is not a stat for missing gettable goals (unless you classify points) :)

Desipura
20-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Sherman has some pace but my knock on him is that his decision-making stinks - it always has. Not much use running and carrying when you turn it over with a poor decision. Still, nor much use having 350k running around Pt Gellibrand.

Absolutely staggered by the decision to drop Libba. Just a shocking decision IMO - we need every bit of his skill and decision making in our midfield.
Totally agree, Libba wont learn much playing at Williamstown. The season is only 3 weeks old.

Doc26
20-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't disagree but I think Libba is being rested rather than being omitted.

Only three games in and dropped against arguably the weakest non prefab teams going around would be hard to comprehend the MC's thinking.

This season we need games into Liberatore. If we must use him in a sub rotation but don't send him off early to the VFL to slow his development.

If he's sore then rest him but I will be disappointed to see him going around for Williamstown this weekend.

Can think of better reasons to drop one of the usual suspects but Libba is not in this company.

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 10:09 PM
No Austin, so Roughie may play at CHB again. I guess wil depend on who Melbourne throw down there.

I don't like this and I don't get it. He's not a CHB and never will be.

comrade
20-04-2012, 10:09 PM
They've dropped one of my reasons to go and watch. Guess I'll have to be happy watching Dahlhaus run around.

G-Mo77
20-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Only three games in and dropped against arguably the weakest team going around would be hard to comprehend the MC's thinking.

This season we need games into Liberatore. If we must use him in a sub rotation but don't send him off early to the VFL to slow his development.

If he's sore then rest him but I will be disappointed to see him going around for Williamstown this weekend.

I'm clutching at straws here as I disagree with him being omitted and completely agree with you. This is coming from a team that's resting VFL players 1 - 2 games in so it wouldn't surprise me if it's rest. I'll also be pretty angry if he's running around at Willy.

Sedat
20-04-2012, 10:33 PM
This season we need games into Liberatore. If we must use him in a sub rotation but don't send him off early to the VFL to slow his development.St Kilda clearly rated him as a dangerous midfield distributor, hence why a 2nd year player copped a hard tag. I can't fathom why after 1 poor match in a row (not the lone ranger there), one of our already elite midfield clearance winners gets chopped from the senior team. Just a staggering selection.

Eastdog
20-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Does anyone think Lin Jong will get a match this year? How has he been going for Williamstown?. I agree with Doc26 that Libba needs games into him because that is the only way he will get better. I think in the future he is going to be a star midfielder. Is Wallis named on the interchange or is he an emergency?

azabob
20-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Does anyone think Lin Jong will get a match this year? How has he been going for Williamstown?. I agree with Doc26 that Libba needs games into him because that is the only way he will get better. I think in the future he is going to be a star midfielder. Is Wallis named on the interchange or is he an emergency?

Eastdog you should really read the VFL threads each week. Some posters go to the Williamstown games and give very good reviews of how bulldog listed players perform. :)

azabob
20-04-2012, 10:51 PM
They've dropped one of my reasons to go and watch. Guess I'll have to be happy watching Dahlhaus run around.

It's a strange decision dropping Libba. He is avery good decision maker by hand and foot. Good decision makers is something we lack. Hopefully he comes back next week.

Eastdog
20-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Eastdog you should really read the VFL threads each week. Some posters go to the Williamstown games and give very good reviews of how bulldog listed players perform. :)

Thanks for that azabob thats where ill go from now on.

Eastdog
20-04-2012, 10:57 PM
It's a strange decision dropping Libba. He is avery good decision maker by hand and foot. Good decision makers is something we lack. Hopefully he comes back next week.

What do you think was the reason they may have dropped him. Could he have an injury. Smith was dropped because obviously his a first year player and they want to look after him early on.

azabob
20-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks for that azabob thats where ill go from now on.

No probems, you will enjoy reading them.

azabob
20-04-2012, 11:07 PM
What do you think was the reason they may have dropped him. Could he have an injury. Smith was dropped because obviously his a first year player and they want to look after him early on.

No idea why he has been dropped. It is frustrating not knowing!

hujsh
20-04-2012, 11:11 PM

When you say 'still' when are you talking about? He's given away one free kick this year and there was only one game last year where he gave away more than one free kick in a match.

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 11:40 PM
When you say 'still' when are you talking about? He's given away one free kick this year and there was only one game last year where he gave away more than one free kick in a match.

He was lucky to get a run last year, how many games did he play? 8? One of the reasons why he was at Willy so long was that he gives away careless free kicks :D

He's been better this season granted I hope it continues? I'm still a bit concerned about him around the ground actually , other teams have some super mobile big men.

DragzLS1
20-04-2012, 11:43 PM

Ill just say he needs a break in willi or a rest while wallis has a go. I dont mind if Libba plays 2-3 games at willi through out the year just to take some pressure off playing at AFL level. He is a very good decision maker and will be a great mid for us :)