PDA

View Full Version : Match Review Round 3

bornadog
16-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Lake has been offered one match with an early plea. Silly Boy.

chef
16-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Hopefully he realises he much he is letting the team down with stupid acts like that.

LostDoggy
16-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Don't contest, just cop the one week.

But that leaves a hole in the backline and someone else now having to play on Mitch Clark.

Axe Man
16-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Brian Lake, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a level three striking offence against Tom Simpkin, St Kilda, during the fourth quarter of the round three match between the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 14, 2012.

In summary, due to a five-year good record, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the ST Kilda Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, reducing the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction.

So the way I read that even if he contested it and lost he would still only serve 1 week (168.75 v 126.56 points for an early plea)? Not suggesting that he should contest it as I'm not sure on what grounds he could hope to get it downgraded.

angelopetraglia
16-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Grimes also suspended.

Do they cancel each other out or is Lake more important to us than Grimes for Melbourne?

bornadog
16-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Not suggesting that he should contest it as I'm not sure on what grounds he could hope to get it downgraded.

On the grounds that it was only a love tap and nothing more.

Ozza
16-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Grimes also suspended.

Do they cancel each other out or is Lake more important to us than Grimes for Melbourne?

When Williams and Morris are already out - Lake is more important. I think Grimes may have struggled to play this week as it was - he got badly concussed late in the game and may have missed one anyway.

Raw Toast
16-04-2012, 05:31 PM
On the grounds that it was only a love tap and nothing more.

Yes, but it was clearly intentional and high, and they already graded it as low-contact. Not sure this one is worth fighting, but if he did challenge it then you might still end up letting all those privileged to be at the Pound really know how you feel about it! :eek:

G-Mo77
16-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Don't contest, just cop the one week.

But that leaves a hole in the backline and someone else now having to play on Mitch Clark.

Marko will do it and probably would have done it anyway.

Lakes an absolute twit for doing it. Another brain fade from Mr. Lake, on of our better players.

Sockeye Salmon
16-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Other than Clark, who else do they play forward? Watts?

The Adelaide Connection
16-04-2012, 06:06 PM
I am glad that the Golden boy (Goodes) received a week for sliding in with his knees to a player on the ground. The MRP had their hands tied on this one though, they gave him a week when it didn't matter in the NAB cup for a very similar incident.

Does anyone else think the Franklin trip should have at least been looked at? For those that didn't see it he went to ground and literally tackled the leg of the crows player as he was running away and tripped him up. The commentators at the time pointed out that, being a trip and being intentional, it would have to be looked at. I am not suggesting he should have got a week, but I do think they should have looked at it and wonder if they would have if it was a lesser player. It reminds me a lot of when Koschitzke sling tackled and then kicked a dogs player (Ward?) in the face in the NAB final and it wasn't even looked at.

G-Mo77
16-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Resting rucks, Watts.

Dunn is one that could slide under the radar.

bornadog
16-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes, but it was clearly intentional and high, and they already graded it as low-contact. Not sure this one is worth fighting, but if he did challenge it then you might still end up letting all those privileged to be at the Pound really know how you feel about it! :eek:

I was just making a comment on our trivial the report is. Lake needs to accept it and we move on.

Axe Man
16-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Howe was listed as their best player on the weekend, although at 190cm he's not overly big he's a strong mark.

Flamethrower
16-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Brian Lake was very lucky to only get 1 week for that. I can't believe has a 5 year clean record - how long ago was it that he got suspended a couple of times in 1 season. Maybe he was still Brian Harris then and nobody remembered to check his record under that name.

There were 2 other incidents that have been completely missed by the MRP. James Podsiadly elbowed one of the North players in the head, but for some reason Fox Footy refrained from showing any replays of it during yesterday's telecast.

Dean Brogan did a similar thing to one of the Eagles players and then gave away a 50m penalty for "dropping the knees", and Fox only showed a replay of the 2nd (soft) incident, again completely ignoring the 1st (extremely serious) incident.

The incident involving Pods was discussed at length on SEN tonight and they were just as amazed that he wasn't cited.

azabob
16-04-2012, 09:05 PM
There were 2 other incidents that have been completely missed by the MRP. James Podsiadly elbowed one of the North players in the head, but for some reason Fox Footy refrained from showing any replays of it during yesterday's telecast.

The incident involving Pods was discussed at length on SEN tonight and they were just as amazed that he wasn't cited.

Elbows are ok, refer Judd V Pavlich

Remi Moses
16-04-2012, 09:17 PM
One of the highest paid players at the club and he does that!
Come on Brian that was inexcusable :(