PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dogs home plea

G-Mo77
17-04-2012, 02:33 AM
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/04/15/1226326/731887-bulldogs-loss.jpg

A QUARTER of the Western Bulldogs' 2011 members have gone missing.

The club is struggling on-field with three losses to start the season, but the Dogs' off-field chase for 8000 members who have not re-committed is just as serious.

After last year signing 32,500 members, the Dogs set a target of 33,000 for this season.

But the Dogs are still below 28,000 and more than 5000 short of expectations.

Given the start to the season, the Dogs may have to settle for fewer than 30,000, which will have a significant impact on their bottom line.

"It would be foolish to suggest some prospective members would now be holding off, but membership is our lifeblood," Bulldogs chief executive Simon Garlick said.

"We still have 8000 from last year who haven't renewed . . . it is critical they get on board at times like this. I am confident the boys will play some exciting footy in coming weeks and for the rest of the year."

Garlick described the 63-point loss to St Kilda on Saturday night as "very disappointing".

"Given the promise we had showed, it was a surprise, but it was one game," Garlick said.

If the Dogs fall 2000 short of expectations on membership, it will cost them in the region of $200,000.

Garlick said that could have an impact on the club's football department funding and he urged fans to sign up.

The Bulldogs confront Melbourne in a must-win game at the MCG on Sunday and have the advantage of a Round 5 clash with Greater Western Sydney in Canberra. They then play Collingwood, North Melbourne and Gold Coast.

A loss to Melbourne would be disastrous in a football and membership sense, but a win would allow the Dogs at least to get back to a 2-3 record after five games, given GWS is a glorified bye.

Remi Moses
17-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Disappointing but hardly surprising.
Unfortunately every fan base of every sport has glory hunter bandwagon types!
Probably going to get my brother a membership.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2012, 08:01 AM
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/04/15/1226326/731887-bulldogs-loss.jpg

A loss to Melbourne would be disastrous in a football and membership sense, but a win would allow the Dogs at least to get back to a 2-3 record after five games, given GWS is a glorified bye.

Not that confident we will beat gws!:eek:

BulldogBelle
17-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Why its so important to win early games in the season and generate some hype with fickle supporter segment

G-Mo77
17-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Why its so important to win early games in the season and generate some hype with fickle supporter segment

Because we need the fickles. If we had a larger supporter base we wouldn't feel it so much.

The Coon Dog
17-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Does this message get rehashed every year?

I once heard Campbell Rose say we had the lowest 'churn rate' in the AFL, somewhere around 7%, now each year its around 25%.

G-Mo77
17-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I think you're right and I'm pretty sure it was 8,000 mentioned as well.

bornadog
17-04-2012, 10:02 AM
When will supporters not become fickle? Membership is being part of an organisation not just a ticket to the football.

This is what the club should be pushing not just the games entry. How many so called friends do we have on Facebook. The people are out there, they just don't want to put their hand in their pocket.

G-Mo77
17-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I think it's fortunate for us that we do have a pretty loyal foundation of members. If we lost every game this year you'd probably get 20-22k that will still sign up regardless. I remember reading we have a pretty strong social club as well although I'd be interested to see the numbers in that now that a grand final seems so far away.

Maddog37
17-04-2012, 10:28 AM
I think it is time the playing group had a ring around. Simplistic but effective.

G-Mo77
17-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I think it is time the playing group had a ring around. Simplistic but effective.

They'd probably get abused. :)

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Strongly agree. The supporters don't want a random person from the membership department calling them asking why they hadn't signed up again and if they were interested. If it was someone like Bob Murphy or Boydy, I think it would be a different story. Maybe listen to the reasons why they haven't signed up again and ask if they are interested, highlight some positives for joining up as a member.

If I didn't rejoin due to this years performance so far, and Bob called and asked me why I hadn't and wanted me to sign me up over the phone, I would find it hard to say no because I would appreciate the players using their time to assist the club.

DragzLS1
17-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Strongly agree. The supporters don't want a random person from the membership department calling them asking why they hadn't signed up again and if they were interested. If it was someone like Bob Murphy or Boydy, I think it would be a different story. Maybe listen to the reasons why they haven't signed up again and ask if they are interested, highlight some positives for joining up as a member.

If I didn't rejoin due to this years performance so far, and Bob called and asked me why I hadn't and wanted me to sign me up over the phone, I would find it hard to say no because I would appreciate the players using their time to assist the club.

I think that is a great idea. That would require the players making alot of phone calls though :s Hopefully we give Melbourne a hiding and same to GWS to give our forwards some confidence and help work on our structure, then give collingwood a good crack round 6 with their undermanned backline and few key position players out. If we have a close game with them you will see our membership rise.

Bulldog4life
17-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Great idea. Even if the players won't do it I'm sure there would be enough "passionate supporters" who would volunteer to do the ringing rather than an automated service.

Mantis
17-04-2012, 01:58 PM
When will supporters not become fickle? Membership is being part of an organisation not just a ticket to the football.

That's your opinion and an opinion not shared by all.

I buy a membership for 2 reasons:

1. To support the club.
2. Use the ticket to gain access to games I attend.

The reason I go games is to be entertained. Performances like we saw on Saturday where we kicked 2 goals up until junk time in the last qtr do nothing to entertain me and have me thinking that there is better ways to spend my time and money... And I'm not alone with these views.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2012, 02:19 PM

Lost Dog: Hello?
Barry Hall: G'day , Barry here
LD: um, who?
B: Bazza, you know, former Bulldog full forward also known as Baz.
LD: Jeezus..I mean g'day Bazza
B: Just calling to see why the *BEEP* you haven't re-joined the dogs...mate
LD: * silence*
B: *Heavy breathing*...... By the way, got your address son.
LD: (Fumbles for credit card. )

Remi Moses
17-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Like it ^^^^^. We need a version of the Kray Brothers

bornadog
17-04-2012, 03:42 PM

1. To support the club.

You agreed with me.

Not shared by all is why we have less than 30,000 members.

Performances like we saw on Saturday where we kicked 2 goals up until junk time in the last qtr do nothing to entertain me and have me thinking that there is better ways to spend my time and money... And I'm not alone with these views.

Yes hard to watch a game like that, but true supporters stick through thick and thin.

immortalmike
17-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Weird almost identical 8000 quote in 2008...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/club-calls-on-lost-dogs/story-e6frf9jf-1111116000855

I have a feeling I heard the same 8000 quote last year also...

Mantis
17-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Yes hard to watch a game like that, but true supporters stick through thick and thin.

What a crock.

All supporters are free to do whatever they want with their money.

chef
17-04-2012, 06:00 PM

1. To support the club.

The reason I go games is to be entertained. Performances like we saw on Saturday where we kicked 2 goals up until junk time in the last qtr do nothing to entertain me and have me thinking that there is better ways to spend my time and money... And I'm not alone with these views.

I'm kind of glad I didn't drive the 3 hours each way to watch that performance we put on.

westdog54
17-04-2012, 06:12 PM

1. To support the club.

I'm left wondering which order these are prioritised for you.

If we were to win a premiership by playing a boring, un-entertaining style of football would you forgo the celebrations owing to your lack of amusement?

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm kind of glad I didn't drive the 3 hours each way to watch that performance we put on.

I only had to walk (45 minutes each way) and still feel like I wasted my time.

Any weekends I get in Melbourne are precious, and every game I get to is a bonus, but that left me wondering why I bothered, which is really sad. There have been pretty bad days (some of those losses to the Eagles in the late 2000s, various prelims), but spending 3 hours watching that on the weekend was up there in the "this is all getting too hard" stakes.

Players and coaches have a natural shelf-life at a club, so they can give their all for 5-10 years then walk away. Some of us paying fans have been fronting up for decades, I think it's natural we get a bit tired/over it after 20-50 years of disappointment.

I think it's amazing that a club that hasn't won anything for a long time and has no prospect of winning anything for a while still gets nearly 30,000 people to give it a significant amount of money every year... if there's any club's supporters that need to be congratulated, not berated, for sticking through a lot of thin, it's Dogs fans.

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 06:14 PM

If we were to win a premiership by playing a boring, un-entertaining style of football would you forgo the celebrations owing to your lack of amusement?

Thought the same thing myself when I read Mantis's post!

Saints footy, anyone?

ps. I want to be entertained, but winning ugly entertains me so that's my two cents.

comrade
17-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Winning is entertaining.

bornadog
17-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Thought the same thing myself when I read Mantis's post!

Saints footy, anyone?

ps. I want to be entertained, but winning ugly entertains me so that's my two cents.

My point was also about being a member of a club, not just membership to go to games. The club needs to create this and give more bang for your bucks as part of the membership. So members feel they are part of the exclusive club of the Westernbulldogs.

AndrewP6
17-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I think it's fortunate for us that we do have a pretty loyal foundation of members. If we lost every game this year you'd probably get 20-22k that will still sign up regardless. I remember reading we have a pretty strong social club as well although I'd be interested to see the numbers in that now that a grand final seems so far away.

They say there are 'still packages available' for SC. Based on the first couple of games at home this year, it's been pretty well attended. They've had Baz (Rd 1) and Christian Howard (Rd 3) interviewed pre-game, which was good - or I should say, would've been good if people hadn't talked through it! That really bugged me, people complain about not getting value out of SC membership, the club tries to add value to it, and they rudely talk. At least Kevin Hillier had a go at them (several times).

Eastdog
17-04-2012, 07:34 PM
My brothers team Collingwood something I admire with them is that there supporters sign up no matter how they are going. They are very loyal. It is disappointing when we are going bad and people drop out and don't care anymore. Being a supporter you have to go through the highs and lows of the club not just the good times. That is what it is to be a supporter.

AndrewP6
17-04-2012, 07:35 PM
My point was also about being a member of a club, not just membership to go to games. The club needs to create this and give more bang for your bucks as part of the membership. So members feel they are part of the exclusive club of the Westernbulldogs.

They tried to do this by interviewing people in the social club, and people just talk through it. :mad:

Eastdog
17-04-2012, 07:36 PM

Do you think bornadog obviously we are not going to go back to it and I don't want to discuss this issue but if we had success and got supporters as a result do you think we would have stayed as the Footscray Football Club and never changed to the Western Bulldogs.

Mantis
17-04-2012, 07:37 PM

You tell me what is boring, un-entertaining footy and I'll tell you if I like it.

If it's anything like I witnessed the other night then the answer is yes... I hate it.

Eastdog
17-04-2012, 07:41 PM
You tell me what is boring, un-entertaining footy and I'll tell you if I like it.

If it's anything like I witnessed the other night then the answer is yes... I hate it.

Sydney won a premiership playing boring style and St Kilda made it two grand finals playing a boring style.

westdog54
17-04-2012, 07:49 PM

That's not the question I asked.

You say you want to be entertained, my question is, what is more important to you, being entertained or winning?

Mantis
17-04-2012, 08:01 PM
You say you want to be entertained, my question is, what is more important to you, being entertained or winning?

Loaded question much?

It's all about game style isn't, Ross Lyon implemented 'Saints footy' because he had 6 or 7 guns, a couple of reasonable players and then a bunch of foot soldiers. Our new coach has come in and is implementing a game style that doesn't suit our list, he even wants us to play like Jimmy Bartel... pity we have no-one in our team whose skill set is comparable.

I want our team to win, but playing the style I saw on Saturday night isn't going to win many games or many fans.

bornadog
17-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Do you think bornadog obviously we are not going to go back to it and I don't want to discuss this issue but if we had success and got supporters as a result do you think we would have stayed as the Footscray Football Club and never changed to the Western Bulldogs.

Hard to answer that.

Eastdog
17-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Hard to answer that.

We probably will never know.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Loaded question much?

It's all about game style isn't, Ross Lyon implemented 'Saints footy' because he had 6 or 7 guns, a couple of reasonable players and then a bunch of foot soldiers. Our new coach has come in and is implementing a game style that doesn't suit our list, he even wants us to play like Jimmy Bartel... pity we have no-one in our team whose skill set is comparable.

I want our team to win, but playing the style I saw on Saturday night isn't going to win many games or many fans.

How would you like us to play?

I don't think the game plan is the problem. We simply don't have a good list. It'll take time (good drafting) until we can build a proper and more complete game plan IMO.

azabob
17-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Hard to answer that.

Lot of if's, but if we did have success as Footscray and got the members I don't think the club would have changed their name.

Eastdog
17-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Lot of if's, but if we did have success as Footscray and got the members I don't think the club would have changed their name.

Im leaning more that way as well. Obviously we don't know what would have happened but more likely we would have stayed as Footscray.

Remi Moses
17-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Winning is entertaining.

If I want to be "entertained" I'll go catch a show at the Comedy Festival, or a Band.
We all want a premiership regardless of the "entertainment " Factor:eek:

Mantis
17-04-2012, 09:31 PM
How would you like us to play?

I must prefix this by saying that Saturday night was the first time I had seen us play either live or in full this year so perhaps it's not the best game to go off, but from what I saw I would like us to hold better structure up forward and to move the ball quicker from defence. Players like Wood & Hargrave aren't suited to playing a possession style game.

Dancin' Douggy
17-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I buy a membership every year without even thinking about it.
And also for my children.
Why?
Because the Bulldogs are an important part of my cultural heritage.
It's an important ritual to me and it's unique to my culture as an Australian and as a western suburbian.

Other cultures celebrate things like Oktoberfest, The running of the bulls, and a thousand other things globally. If we won 10 wooden spoons in a row (maybe not a bad idea) I would still buy a membership and take my kids to every game I could because I love the club no matter what happens.

If I get on this forum and criticise players or recruiting decisions it's not because I'm trying to take cheap shots or because I'm a fickle supporter. It's the exact opposite. It's because it means a lot to me, and after many many years of support and analysis I think I can pick a bum decision. (trading the Harbrow pick for Sherman).
Unfair criticism. ( Markovic V Kennedy Rd 1)
And the time to rebuild and not refresh (NOW FFS)

The Bulldogs Bite
17-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I must prefix this by saying that Saturday night was the first time I had seen us play either live or in full this year so perhaps it's not the best game to go off, but from what I saw I would like us to hold better structure up forward and to move the ball quicker from defence. Players like Wood & Hargrave aren't suited to playing a possession style game.

I agree with this, particularly the part about a forward structure. Hopefully the coaching panel make the required changes to this soon, because we simply don't have a superstar forward to be constantly out-numbered in this area of the ground.

Hargrave really does struggle with that part of the game. There was a piece of play that highlighted this. Boyd gained possession of the ball deep in defence, and turned to deliver the ball to one side of the ground. He looked up and saw only 1 St. Kilda player. Thus, he weaved back in board and handpassed to Hargrave standing in the goal square. Hargrave simply bombed the ball to the spot Boyd avoided, resulting in a St. Kilda player taking a mark just outside their 50 with no Bulldog player within a country mile.

Sockeye Salmon
18-04-2012, 09:53 AM
That's not the question I asked.

I'll call it.

A premiership won by playing 'Saints footy' would be just as tainted as those won by the salary cap cheats.

I'd enjoy it, I'd celebrate it, but in the back of my mind I would know that we had contributed to make football worse.

Maddog37
18-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Super thread this one with many well thought out posts.

Dancin Dougy sums it up pretty well for me but like MAntis I want to see a worthwhile game style as well. As long as I can see what they are trying to do and the kids are improving I will be happy this year.

ledge
18-04-2012, 10:35 AM
My brothers team Collingwood something I admire with them is that there supporters sign up no matter how they are going. They are very loyal. It is disappointing when we are going bad and people drop out and don't care anymore. Being a supporter you have to go through the highs and lows of the club not just the good times. That is what it is to be a supporter.

My friends a Magpie supporter and thinks we get a better deal, a hat , pin etc, he told me Collingwood has 60,000 members and get bugger all for membership.
Told me they used to do it.

strebla
18-04-2012, 11:25 AM
My friends a Magpie supporter and thinks we get a better deal, a hat , pin etc, he told me Collingwood has 60,000 members and get bugger all for membership.

I have three mates who were Magpie members were so badly treated they became afl member for the price of their social club membership.

westdog54
18-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I'll call it.

A premiership won by playing 'Saints footy' would be just as tainted as those won by the salary cap cheats.

I'd enjoy it, I'd celebrate it, but in the back of my mind I would know that we had contributed to make football worse.

The bolded bit is a little extreme IMO but I understand the sentiment.

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 01:41 PM
The bolded bit is a little extreme IMO but I understand the sentiment.

Very extreme of Jim. Does anyone really gives a stuff that Carlton cheated, WC had players with drug history or Swans got every concession possible when they won premierships? There are even arguments if Geelong would have been as good without the good father/son picks at the time. Into the future Carlton and West coast tanked to maximize better draft picks and have benefitted.

Why is it more tainted playing a terrible style instead of say having the riches and resources of say Collingwood?

Smorgon a few times in the past has talked about the need to play 'attractive' football to win fans. I'd say a successful side wins more fans.

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Bugger all except the opportunity to watch a side that's played in recent 3 grand finals and won one of them.
Really the hats, scarfs, key rings and even the seats are BS. People mainly buy memberships to support the team and want to see them win.
Who really got the better deal?

Remi Moses
18-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Very extreme of Jim. Does anyone really gives a stuff that Carlton cheated, WC had players with drug history or Swans got every concession possible when they won premierships? There are even arguments if Geelong would have been as good without the good father/son picks at the time. Into the future Carlton and West coast tanked to maximize better draft picks and have benefitted.

Why is it more tainted playing a terrible style instead of say having the riches and resources of say Collingwood?

Smorgon a few times in the past has talked about the need to play 'attractive' football to win fans. I'd say a successful side wins more fans.

Agree entirely. Watch if the pies fall this season ( insert most teams) the membership will drop
In all honesty If you're winning every week the average joe doesn't care.

Remi Moses
18-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I'll call it.

What a silly thing to say!
So someone goes outside the rules to win and another plays within the rules of the sport to win? Bizarre to put it mildly

Eastdog
18-04-2012, 02:45 PM

Another factor is that some people simply don't want too pay too much for membership either they want to save money or their unable to afford it. There is only so much a club can do to attract members and at the end of the day it is up to them.

Sockeye Salmon
18-04-2012, 04:06 PM
What a silly thing to say!
So someone goes outside the rules to win and another plays within the rules of the sport to win? Bizarre to put it mildly

What's the quote about minding it for our children?

We have a responsibility to the game as well. 180 runs per day nearly ruined cricket in the 1960's.

If every game consisted of that boring crap we dished up then footy would quickly become a minor sport.

ledge
18-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Bugger all except the opportunity to watch a side that's played in recent 3 grand finals and won one of them.
Really the hats, scarfs, key rings and even the seats are BS. People mainly buy memberships to support the team and want to see them win.
Who really got the better deal?

Point my mate is saying is why be a member/supporter put money in and you could just be a barracker and get the same.
Hats keyrings etc promote the club and show you have given to the club and are part of it.

comrade
18-04-2012, 06:59 PM

We have a responsibility to the game as well. 180 runs per day nearly ruined cricket in the 1960's.

If every game consisted of that boring crap we dished up then footy would quickly become a minor sport.

http://i43.tinypic.com/219zbsh.jpg

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Point my mate is saying is why be a member/supporter put money in and you could just be a barracker and get the same.
Hats keyrings etc promote the club and show you have given to the club and are part of it.
The main point in buying a membership is you get a discount over buying at the gate each week and the money goes to your club instead of the stadium.
Do you really the merchandise makes a difference in why people buy membership? They can buy better quality and for less than a membership price at the shop.

Of course wearing colours, hats, etc promote the club but they don't add much real value to the membership.

AndrewP6
18-04-2012, 08:41 PM

Have to agree, several of my workmates support other clubs and comment on the little value of the 'extras', and they are impressed when I tell them what is included in our member packs.

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Have to agree, several of my workmates support other clubs and comment on the little value of the 'extras', and they are impressed when I tell them what is included in our member packs.

I bet they are spewing, you get the keyrings and all they get is to see their club as serious challengers.

I suppose they are Demon fans. I'd take the leather arm patches for the tweed jacket over that ridiculous seat warmer.

AndrewP6
18-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I bet they are spewing, you get the keyrings, they get to see there club as serious challengers.

They are spewing at the moment, one barracks for Collingwood, one for Geelong.;)

ledge
18-04-2012, 09:00 PM
The main point in buying a membership is you get a discount over buying at the gate each week and the money goes to your club instead of the stadium.
Do you really the merchandise makes a difference in why people buy membership? They can buy better quality and for less than a membership price at the shop. Of course wearing colours, hats, etc promote the club but they don't add much real value to the membership.

Yep I buy my daughter junior membership every year for the merchandise she loves it and hardly goes to a game.

Pet membership doesnt get animals into games, either does the baby one (forget what its called) dont underestimate what membership with merchandise added gets.

Hawthorn played the pets membership first and added to their figures membership by about 10,000, it was called a joke at the time but it bought a heap of new members with it.
Its not all about going to games.
One poster here has already said 3 of his mates went to AFL membership because their club one gave them nothing.
How many members has Collingwood lost to this who knows but thats three less we know of just mentioning it on a bulldog site.

Greystache
18-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Yep I buy my daughter junior membership every year for the merchandise she loves it and hardly goes to a game.

Pet membership doesnt get animals into games, either does the baby one (forget what its called) dont underestimate what membership with merchandise added gets.

Hawthorn played the pets membership first and added to their figures membership by about 10,000, it was called a joke at the time but it bought a heap of new members with it.
One poster here has already said 3 of his mates went to AFL membership because their club one gave them nothing.
How many members has Collingwood lost to this who knows but thats three less we know of just mentioning it on a bulldog site.

I don't know if membership plays any part in it, but Collingwood has 10,000 AFL members, double the next highest.

Playing 18 games a year at the MCG would play a big role in that however.

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 09:20 PM
No offence I don't see her and her type being long term membership buyers. Don't tell her she can buy better quality stuff for less. The core reason you buy membership is for the football and support your club.

Yes the pet had a choice in it. If you want to donate money to club for cheap import toys with your club colours then do it.
Human members are what the club really needs. If the can attend games the better.

Nothing as in what? Guaranteed G Finals access? Entry to away games? I doubt it's because Collingwood wouldnt give them a 5c lanyard.
The point of buying membership is the money goes to your club.

ledge
18-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I bet they are spewing, you get the keyrings and all they get is to see their club as serious challengers.

I suppose they are Demon fans. I'd take the leather arm patches for the tweed jacket over that ridiculous seat warmer.

So you think because you dont get a keyring etc you will be successful?
Why not both?

ledge
18-04-2012, 09:36 PM
No offence I don't see her and her type being long term membership buyers. Don't tell her she can buy better quality stuff for less. The core reason you buy membership is for the football and support your club.

Yes the pet had a choice in it. If you want to donate money to club for cheap import toys with your club colours then do it.Human members are what the club really needs. If the can attend games the better.

Nothing as in what? Guaranteed G Finals access? Entry to away games? I doubt it's because Collingwood would give them a 5c lanyard.
The point of buying membership is the money goes to your club.

You just confirmed my point people buy membership for animals or kids for the merchandise and to be called a member.
Your not going to buy a animal or baby membership if you get nothing.
You said it was all about going to games.

LostDoggy
18-04-2012, 10:27 PM
You just confirmed my point people buy membership for animals or kids for the merchandise and to be called a member.
Your not going to buy a animal or baby membership if you get nothing.
You said it was all about going to games.

You believe what you want to believe.

Tell us more about what these Collingwood members miss out on?

ANN LEE
18-04-2012, 11:58 PM
If more supporters signed up as Bulldogs for life members , the club would be better off. It is an easy way to pay, instead of having to find a large sum of money all at once. The membership packages arrived before Xmas. People who wait to see if we win the first few games are doing the club a disservice. I am confidant the boys will play better this weekend.

Remi Moses
19-04-2012, 03:00 AM

Highly unlikely . The fickle fan likes winning
Refer to older posters but the 60-61 Windies series was one of the most popular of all time