PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs near Preston

PedroArvy
20-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I live in Preston and wanted to watch this game somewhere.
Can anyone suggest a venue/pub?

I live in Preston so near there would be good but I can drive.

Eastdog
20-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi PedroArvy,

I live in the Eastern Suburbs but lived in Preston after I was born. Anyway this link might help you out with some of the pubs in the Preston area.

http://www.pubfinda.com.au/venues/pubs-taverns/in/vic/preston

Ozza
20-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Not too far from Preston - in Brunswick - there's a good pub for watching footy called the Grandview hotel on Pearson St. Recently refurbed, 2 screens with Fox footy, good food, good beer.

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Not too far from Preston - in Brunswick - there's a good pub for watching footy called the Grandview hotel on Pearson St. Recently refurbed, 2 screens with Fox footy, good food, good beer.

Yep that's the one just reopened recently. I live around the corner. It's on the corner of Hunter St and Pearson St Brunswick, big screen up high, great friendly service (nice meals out back too) and quiet. I'll be there from 4.30pm onwards.

Mitcha
20-04-2012, 05:53 PM

Not being rude but the best place to watch the game would be at the actual ground I would have thought, only about 20-30 minutes from Preston and plenty of seats!

1eyedog
20-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Not being rude but the best place to watch the game would be at the actual ground I would have thought, only about 20-30 minutes from Preston and plenty of seats!

Some people for one reason or another can't always make it. We have an unwell newborn at home and I need to stay local to support. We don't have pay TV so I will go around the corner to the pub.

bornadog
20-04-2012, 07:42 PM

MCG isn't too far away:D

Rocket Science
21-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Moreland Hotel, cnr Moreland Rd & Sydney Rd, Coburg.

Don't thank me, it's a rolled gold hole, but they'll be screening the game, and do a mean* mixed grill.

* = vile

macca
21-04-2012, 01:28 AM
olympic hotel cnr of albert st and bell st right behind kfc , and next to kennards hire. not sure what programs they are screening but they have foxtel.

PedroArvy
21-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for that boys.
I'll go to Brunswick and see if I can find 1eyedog if I make it.

1eyedog
22-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Sounds good see you there if you make it.