PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee- Round 5 vs GWS

Greystache
22-04-2012, 04:41 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for the game against GWS?

A brief explanation of your selections would be good

GVGjr
22-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Lake is an automatic inclusion and I wonder if Markovic will be available?

Ins - Lake and Liberatore
Outs - Wood and Cordy

Bumper Bulldogs
22-04-2012, 10:00 PM
In - Lake and Liberatore
Out - Wood and Gia

No need to change to much now that we are winning :rolleyes:

Desipura
22-04-2012, 10:09 PM
In: Lake, Libba & Dickson
Out: Gia, Cordy & Cooney (rested)

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Lake is an automatic inclusion and I wonder if Markovic will be available?

Ins - Lake and Liberatore
Outs - Wood and Cordy

Do we know what was wrong with Markovic?
Ins: Lake Markovic Liberatore
Out: Austin Cordy Higgins

GVGjr
22-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Do we know what was wrong with Markovic?
Ins: Lake Markovic Liberatore
Out: Austin Cordy Higgins

They mentioned a hamstring but they didn't say if it was bad or not.

Dropping Austin against GWS? I would have thought he could be used for another week.

AndrewP6
22-04-2012, 10:42 PM
IN Lake Libba
OUT Cordy Gia (he's got to be injured, doesn't he?)

Not sure on Marko's availability.

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Dropping Austin against GWS? I would have thought he could be used for another week.

I fail to see why you would retain Austin if Markovic is fit enough to come in.
I would prefer another key forward like Tom Hill tried as we still lack another key forward who can mark and kick. Cordy was clearly not the answer up forward.

LostDoggy
22-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Depending on medical management of Cooney - suggest a rest against GWS but then I'm not looking at his knee.

In - Lake, Markovic (if fit), Libba, Skinner
Out - Gia (needs a rest, he's is better than what he is showing), Austin (if Markovic in), Wood (continues to use it very poorly, can't tolerate this, would rather a half fit Vez who can kick), Cooney (rest)

Start both Vez and Higgins who slides in to replace Wood on back flank. We need better kicking out of the backline and we are too reliant on Murphy, and good teams will shut him down.

Would consider Smith but would like him to kick better, but then if hasn't fixed it now he probably won't improve much this year. Smith should really only come in for a poor user like Djerkurra, Addison, Boyd or Cross.

Ghost Dog
22-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I fail to see why you would retain Austin if Markovic is fit enough to come in.
I would prefer another key forward like Tom Hill tried as we still lack another key forward who can mark and kick. Cordy was clearly not the answer up forward.

A lot of Cordy knockers in here tonight. Brought it to ground for Sherman to snap. Otherwise was a bright sunny day wasn't it? Perfect for talls. Give the kid a break. Did well I thought.

EasternWest
22-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Would consider Smith but would like him to kick better, but then if hasn't fixed it now he probably won't improve much this year. Smith should really only come in for a poor user like Djerkurra, Addison, Boyd or Cross.

So Smith (3 games) in for the captain?

Welcome to WOOF RWB, but have you been drinking?

The Coon Dog
22-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I'd be inclined to play Lake forward this week. Normally I'd resist, but I think against GWS the ball will be down there a bit, gives Brian a bit of an opportunity, might take a bit of pressure of Jones & allows Autsin/Markovic another run.

LostDoggy
22-04-2012, 11:13 PM
So Smith (3 games) in for the captain?

Welcome to WOOF RWB, but have you been drinking?

Sorry to distress you champ, should have typed based on injury or form. So obviously Boyd is not going to be dropped unless he is injured.

Bulldog4life
22-04-2012, 11:17 PM
A lot of Cordy knockers in here tonight. Brought it to ground for Sherman to snap. Otherwise was a bright sunny day wasn't it? Perfect for talls. Give the kid a break. Did well I thought.

Agree with that. A shocking day for talls. I don't think he was that bad.

G-Mo77
22-04-2012, 11:23 PM

Not so much a knocker from my behalf just don't think we can persist with him as a forward. I'd love to get some game time in him as a ruck but it's not going to happen with Will and Roughy in front of him.

Greystache
22-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I'd be inclined to play Lake forward this week. Normally I'd resist, but I think against GWS the ball will be down there a bit, gives Brian a bit of an opportunity, might take a bit of pressure of Jones & allows Autsin/Markovic another run.

I tend to agree. Play Markovic on Folau, even retain Austin if we want another tall defender.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-04-2012, 11:26 PM

Not a bad idea at all.

EasternWest
22-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Sorry to distress you champ, should have typed based on injury or form. So obviously Boyd is not going to be dropped unless he is injured.

Yep. I was positively wringing my hands over it. I don't feel as distressed now that you've cleared it up.

FWIW I'd like to see as many games go into Smith as possible too, but it's easy for us to forget that the young bodies aren't as hardened as the older guys. Particularly a guy like Smith, who is hard at it, needs to be managed well.

GVGjr
22-04-2012, 11:28 PM

I'm not knocking Cordy but I don't think we have the room for 3 ruckman.

Greystache
22-04-2012, 11:32 PM
In- Lake, Markovic, Libba
Out- Cordy, Gia, Wood

Gia needs a spell. I'd give Vez a couple of games in front of Wood. I think Austin showed a bit today, Lake can play forward and go back if needed, and play the role Cordy has been.

jeemak
22-04-2012, 11:41 PM
To early to tell due to the potential of Marko to come back, and be sure that Liberatore is good to go.

Gia looks tired physically and mentally, maybe he needs a rest.

Will see how things pan out later in the week.

Ghost Dog
22-04-2012, 11:49 PM
To early to tell due to the potential of Marko to come back, and be sure that Liberatore is good to go.

Gia looks tired physically and mentally, maybe he needs a rest.

Will see how things pan out later in the week.

True, he had a msssive Rob Lowe scowl as he came off the ground :D

bornadog
22-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Before the game, Macca was interviewed and said Markovic had general soreness, but who knows they all say that to disguise injuries.

AndrewP6
23-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Before the game, Macca was interviewed and said Markovic had general soreness, but who knows they all say that to disguise injuries.

True. I heard it was hamstring tightness.

LostDoggy
23-04-2012, 12:16 AM

You can count the number of games he's played on one hand. I thought he gave a good option and ran pretty hard.

BulldogBelle
23-04-2012, 03:11 AM
Ins - Lake, Libba
Outs - Wood, Gia

Play Lake forward for a good slice of his time on ground. Allow Austin to get another game and get some confidence even if Marko is ready to come back in.

Happy for Wood's role to be shared amongst Vez, Higgins.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-04-2012, 05:05 AM
IN: Lake, Libba, (Markovic?)
OUT: Cordy, Giansiracusa, (Wood?)

- Markovic might be fine, in which case I suspect he will be put straight back into the lineup, but personally I'd refrain. Here's why: he's not needed in defence against GWS. We should give Austin another game who did OK on debut.

- Cordy is a little stiff, and I'd like to play him against GWS, but a tall needs to make way for Lake. It could be an opportunity to send Lake forward as TCD said.

* If we want to keep Cordy in the side for another game, then it has to be Austin for Lake.

* If we wanted to keep Austin in the side, Wood could be the other option to be sent back to Williamstown.

Mofra
23-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Willy match reports indicate nobody is really banging the door down (Campbell played well but is behind other ruck/forwards).

Gia clearly needs a rest - two poor games in a row.

I thought Cordy battled well and would normally deserve to keep his spot, but we need to drop a tall for balance with Lake in, and if run is an issue Gia's out needs to be balanced by another runner coming in. Higgins had 3 touches in about 2 minutes when he was subbed on, is a smart player as well and can play Gia's role. Shaggy will have the luxury of playing short this week (a role he's better suited to).

Out: Gia (rest), Cordy
In: Lake, Libba

Doc26
23-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Gia is struggling and is reminding me of Johnno in his final days and I tend to agree that Cross is also struggling to meet the standard we would like to expect of him granted we all know we will get nothing less than 100% effort from Daniel.

However we do need legitimate options pushing to lay claim for their positions as Dahlhaus did mid last year. Right now there are two few if any showing consistent and strong peformances to stake a claim like Luke did circa 2011 when he simply could no longer be ignored. Until then lets not start shuffling the deck chairs ala Stack, Hill etc other than to rest players at opportune times.

As frustrating as it is, with a forward line bereft of legitimate consistent goal scorers, and few staking a claim for the right to try, simply removing Gia does not solve our problem without a solution in its place.

With that said, and subject to fitness, Liberatore should be in our 22 every week although at this point in his development he is struggling to see through a game. Against GWS this may not be as much an issue and as such is a legitimate option for a sub rotation possibly with Mitch.

Matchups, as with every week, will ultimately decide who if any makes way. I don't see the need this week for 3 ruckman and for this reason alone Cordy misses.

As much as it hurts me to suggest, I would be tempted to rest Cooney this week as part of his management through what will be a long season for him. It's been talked about that he needs to be closely managed and with our bye at round 11, round 5 might be a good secondary point to sit him out, other than that give Gia a rest.

Ins: Lake, Liberatore
Outs: Cordy, Cooney / Gia (Rested)

DragzLS1
23-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I think this is a great time to give Cooney a rest aswell and maybe Gia.

Higgens will start this week and we can give somebody else the vest..

I would like to see Austin and Lake this week and give Marko another week on the sidelines to make sure he is fit and firing come round 6 against teh pies (Cloke and Dawes :s)

Ins: Lake, Libba, Tutt?
Out: Cordy, Cooney, Gia?

We need to smash GWS although 4 games in and they are starting get get on a bit of a roll.. This is about the time Gold Coast pulled their first upset last year so lets hope its not us this week :s

LostDoggy
23-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Hasn't Cooney been saying that his match fitness has been a problem and is only now gradually getting that to the point where it should be. If we rest him this week doesn't this jeopardise this conditioning process?

Ozza
23-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I hope we only 'rest' players this week who have genuine injuries.

Its round 5! And its not like we have an extra 3 or 4 weeks (finals) to think about this year.
A good win with as full strength team as possible would be good for the group.

LostDoggy
23-04-2012, 04:58 PM

Funny GD, I thought the same thing! He at least provided a contest and broke it open for our smalls. Surely it's a learning curve, and we can be patient?

1eyedog
23-04-2012, 05:07 PM
It's so hard to be objective about how players in your own team are travelling. Even the smallest positive act can offset the biggest deficiency. Cordy was not ordinary on Sunday because he brought the ball to ground so Shermo could snap.

Love it.

BulldogBelle
23-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm still puzzled to understand why Lake is still being mooted to play as a forward

Given he is an All-Australian full back, doesnt seem to know where to lead, and has the yips when kicking for goal via set shots I really struggle to understand why we would rob Peter to pay Paul

He is our highest paid player and we should demend to get the most output from him in the position we know he can play

That and given the number of inside 50s quality teams get against us we need him on the last line

I'd prefer to try Tom Hill as a permanent full forward and send Roughead to Williamstown against GWS

In: Lake, Hill
Out: Wood, Roughead

If not Hill then simply

In: Lake
Out: Roughead

1eyedog
23-04-2012, 05:27 PM
In Lake, Libba
Out Austin, Wood

Cooney is working up to best form, if his knee comes up okay continuity may be the best thing for him and the team.

G-Mo77
23-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Wood's been getting praise for his job in defence on Watts and I think he done a pretty good job as well to be honest. His disposal was ordinary a couple of times but it's a big reach to think he'll be dropped. Is he turning into the new Addison?

Edit: 75% Efficiency for last night BTW

always right
23-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm still puzzled to understand why Lake is still being mooted to play as a forward

Given he is an All-Australian full back, doesnt seem to know where to lead, and has the yips when kicking for goal via set shots I really struggle to understand why we would rob Peter to pay Paul

He is our highest paid player and we should demend to get the most output from him in the position we know he can play

That and given the number of inside 50s quality teams get against us we need him on the last line

I'd prefer to try Tom Hill as a permanent full forward and send Roughead to Williamstown against GWS

In: Lake, Hill
Out: Wood, Roughead

If not Hill then simply

In: Lake
Out: Roughead

I'm with you on Lake. Never seen anything to suggest he can be effective up forward. Not like there is a long term benefit either. Leave him in defense and develop others in the forward line.

Rocco Jones
23-04-2012, 06:47 PM

It's like robbing Peter a lot to pay Peter a little.

We are playing GWS in the middle of back to back 6 day breaks. I hope we use it to rest some players and give an opportunity to a few youngsters to get some confidence and experience our senior side.

Cooney is the obvious one to rest. I know he was really good yesterday but he had a great patch last year before struggling. Perfect opportunity to give him a break and get him doing a bit more fitness work on the track.

I have been happy with Minson but perhaps we can give him a break. He has a big load as our 1st ruck and it would be a good experience for Roughy and Ayce to take the ruck duties.

Markovic- obviously no point risking him if he isn't whatever the realistic version of 100% fit is. It means Austin gets another crack.

'Rest' one of Gia or Higgins.

Give Clay Smith another crack, allow Libba to find some confidence, Lake back in and perhaps Dickson or even Hill.

GVGjr
23-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Ins: Lake, Libba, Tutt?
Out: Cordy, Cooney, Gia?

Tutts injured so shouldn't be in the mix. I'd rather not rest Cooney despite playing GWS but maybe a move to the Sub could be OK.

Pedro Sanchez
23-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I like the idea of playing Higgins of the half back line - he's a skillful user of the ball and would support Murphy well in setting up attacks.

At the moment having Wood and Addison down back hurts as they are both liabilities in terms of kicking ability. No question about there hardness, but having two skillful backman streaming into attack would make life easier for our forwards

Ins:
Lake

Outs:
Wood

Moves:
Higgins to half back

Ghost Dog
23-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I like the idea of playing Higgins of the half back line - he's a skillful user of the ball and would support Murphy well in setting up attacks.

At the moment having Wood and Addison down back hurts as they are both liabilities in terms of kicking ability. No question about there hardness, but having two skillful backman streaming into attack would make life easier for our forwards

Ins:
Lake

Outs:
Wood

Moves:
Higgins to half back

Is Addison's kicking that bad?

EasternWest
23-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Is Addison's kicking that bad?

Nope. He's a good kick.

It's his decision making that can let him down. But it's improving.

I'm maybe reading too much into that posters point, but if he is referring to the fact that Addison may not be an overly penetrating/damaging kick, then that's maybe fair enough.

If he's saying he's a bad kick, then in IMO that's incorrect.

Ghost Dog
23-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Nope. He's a good kick.

I'm maybe reading too much into that posters point, but if he is referring to the fact that Addison may not be an overly penetrating/damaging kick, then that's maybe fair enough.

Enjoying the DFA love on the boards.
Imagining Mac will keep the team as stable as possible. Higgins' demotion as sub was the right call. Can we do it again?
You would figure Gia to get a rest to deal with whatever is going on. Someone mentioned a rest for Cooney but I reckon it might be better to keep building his confidence. Rest a tall, swap for Libba or Smith. More grunt in the midfield to smash these jokers. Want to see us give four quarters at full tilt and ignore the scoreboard until the very end.

LostDoggy
24-04-2012, 11:06 AM
In: Libba, Lake
Out: Cooney(rest), Roughy/Minson(Rest, give Cordy a consistent opportunity)

G-Mo77
24-04-2012, 11:30 AM
In: Libba, Lake
Out: Gia, Cordy

As I said in the game thread I don't think 3 Rucks is working. It seems we're trying to hide one of the 3 which doesn't help the team or confidence that matter of Cordy. If they are genuine about Roughy staying back there on the resting rucks then I'm happy to leave it as is. I'd rather Ayce getting some ruck duties though than sit in the forward line so he's the unlucky one to make way for Lake.

Gia apparently has a corked hip so I'd give him a rest this week. Libba comes in for him.

Austin stays in and Marko sits another week.

Topdog
24-04-2012, 12:21 PM
We can't seriously be considering resting players can we??

We seriously aren't that good and if we rest a few I can see GWS beating us

Hotdog60
24-04-2012, 12:53 PM

I wouldn't rest any players but if they are playing sore and can't give at least 80% (Gia) then rest them and give someone fit a go.

Bulldog Joe
24-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't rest any players but if they are playing sore and can't give at least 80% (Gia) then rest them and give someone fit a go.

Important that players get enough opportunity to recover.

We are in the midst of 2 successive 6 day breaks. Anyone playing sore will really struggle to get up for the Collingwood game.

F'scary
25-04-2012, 05:29 PM

Spot on. Tick. Correct. Everyone please take note. We can't take any games easy. Cooney must play if not injured. Markovic back in for Austin (sorry but that's how it is). Gia dropped for poor form - in Liberatore. One of the ruckmen has to go (3's a crowd) for Lake. Higgins stays as the super sub - role seems suited to the way he is playing.

We must keep ringing the changes to impress upon players that no-one is guaranteed a spot in the team. Bad game...out.

AndrewP6
25-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Spot on. Tick. Correct. Everyone please take note. We can't take any games easy. Cooney must play if not injured. Markovic back in for Austin (sorry but that's how it is). Gia dropped for poor form - in Liberatore. One of the ruckmen has to go (3's a crowd) for Lake. Higgins stays as the super sub - role seems suited to the way he is playing.

We must keep ringing the changes to impress upon players that no-one is guaranteed a spot in the team. Bad game...out.

That's assuming Marko is right to go, of course. And ringing the changes every time someone has a bad game will not bring stability or continuity - two things we're in need of.

G-Mo77
26-04-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Western-Bulldogs-coach-Brendan-McCartney/4427

Libba's in.

Cordy may hold his spot as well by the sound of this interview.

LostDoggy
26-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks for posting that SEN interview

LostDoggy
26-04-2012, 07:19 PM
FB: ......Wood......Austin......Addison
HB:Veszpremi....Hargrave....Murphy
C: ......Wallis......Boyd.........Cross
HF: ..Roughead..Cooney.......Jones
FF: ..Djerrkura....Cordy......Dahlhaus

Foll: ..Minson...Griffen...Picken

INT: Grant..Liberatore..Sherman Sub: Higgins

Out: Giansiracusa In: Liberatore

Of course if Markovic is passed fit then Austin out as well

And then with Lake back

FB: ..Hargrave......Lake......Addison
HB:...Murphy.....Markovic...Veszpremi
C: .....Wallis.......Boyd.........Cross
HF: ..Roughead..Cooney.......Jones
FF: ..Djerrkura....Cordy......Dahlhaus

Foll: ..Minson...Griffen...Picken

INT: Grant..Wood..Sherman Sub: Higgins

Out: Austin..Giansiracusa In : Lake ...Markovic

LostDoggy
26-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I hedged my bets and was only half right , interesting to see Grant back at FP , Dahlhaus still in the Midfield ( well he's not putting a foot wrong really ) , Gia really did have a hip injury :confused: , good to see Veszpremi starting again , I hope Higgins is the Sub again

http://www.afl.com.au/teams/tabid/16469/default.aspx

Edit : Just re-reading the team list again , it probably would,nt surprise me if Cordy was a late change for Skinner , three ruckman probably not needed for this game

azabob
26-04-2012, 07:43 PM
I hedged my bets and was only half right , interesting to see Grant back at FP , Dahlhaus still in the Midfield ( well he's not putting a foot wrong really ) , Gia really did have a hip injury :confused: , good to see Veszpremi starting again , I hope Higgins is the Sub again

WD, posters commented during last week's game day thread Gia was carrying an injury.
I also find it interesting you put so much weight into the starting positions that are named in the paper!

LostDoggy
26-04-2012, 07:50 PM
WD, posters commented during last week's game day thread Gia was carrying an injury.
I also find it interesting you put so much weight into the starting positions that are named in the paper!

Gia was named on the Injured List and then removed , not sure why

I can only list the players according what I think it could be , at work no papers, no phone , no tv , so I,m not sure that you have the right person or the right stick , and if you have the right stick then you have the wrong end but I,m definitely the wrong person

LostDoggy
26-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Edit : Just re-reading the team list again , it probably would,nt surprise me if Cordy was a late change for Skinner , three ruckman probably not needed for this game

Second week in a row, you've posted your team just before at the real team is announced. Not only is it confusing, you've been off the mark twice.
No issue giving your opinion, try it a little earlier.

LostDoggy
26-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Second week in a row, you've posted your team just before at the real team is announced. Not only is it confusing, you've been off the mark twice.
No issue giving your opinion, try it a little earlier.

Work comes first , I,m also having treatment before I have an operation next week , time does get away from me at the moment and it does make it a little harder to work out the matchups

bornadog
26-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Out: Austin..Giansiracusa

In : Lake, Libba .

Now less confusing

The Bulldogs Bite
26-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Good to see Libba and Lake back, although I am surprised and a little disappointed that Austin has been dropped. I think we could have afforded to give him another game, particularly with Markovic not being included.

As with others, I don't think we need 3 ruckmen.

I guess, though, that they see Cordy as a FF. Not sure he can play there short or long term, but I suppose playing him against GWS isn't such a bad idea in terms of development/injecting games into him.

bornadog
26-04-2012, 11:32 PM
As with others, I don't think we need 3 ruckmen.

I think we have to stop seeing Cordy as a Ruckman. He is earmarked as a forward to help Jones out (Coach mentioned this on SEN today)

Macca also said Libba was not dropped but rested due to soreness:p

G-Mo77
27-04-2012, 01:58 AM
I think we have to stop seeing Cordy as a Ruckman. He is earmarked as a forward to help Jones out (Coach mentioned this on SEN today)

I knew he would hold his spot when I heard the interview this morning. I'm happy to do it. I'd rather get Cordy some time in the ruck but if this is what his role will then go with it.

Not surprised by the Austin omission it was one of my arguments against his elevation that it would be only one game but didn't realise Marko was injured so our hands were tied. Disappointed for him though, he did pretty well and thought it would be good to run him against GWS.

stefoid
27-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Be intresting to see Taylor Adams play, I was hoping we would pick him up.

stefoid
27-04-2012, 01:35 PM
, interesting to see Grant back at FP ,

And Sherman in the other one - these are pretty much our fastest guys over 30+ meters. I just cant udnersand why, when on a fast break when our forward half is basically empty, we dont just boot it long to nomans land and make it a foot race to run onto the ball and into goal.

A setup of Sherman and Grant in the pockets is theorteically ideal for tha type of play.

Question, according to your 'only two real forwards' strategy, is Grant the other real forward? If so, then good, because I think he gets lost up the ground - he is a leading out of the square olf fashioned forward, and I think the closer he is to goal, the better.

I like the proposed setup a lot.

Pedro Sanchez
27-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Nope. He's a good kick.

Yeah you're right - its not so much DFA's foot skills that lack but more so his smarts and decision making. And at times that can lead to dumb kicks...

Love his genuine hardness though - just has to improve his footy nouse.

LostDoggy
27-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Grant And Sherman named at FP - these are pretty much our fastest guys over 30+ meters. I just cant udnersand why, when on a fast break when our forward half is basically empty, we dont just boot it long to nomans land and make it a foot race to run onto the ball and into goal.

A setup of Sherman and Grant in the pockets is theorteically ideal for tha type of play.

Question, according to your 'only two real forwards' strategy, is Grant the other real forward? If so, then good, because I think he gets lost up the ground - he is a leading out of the square olf fashioned forward, and I think the closer he is to goal, the better.

I like the proposed setup a lot.

Yes , from what I have seen so far of the structure with an oversize midfield and only two forwards , this week it would be Jones and Grant , with Gia out Grant will most likely be a sweeper across the 30m arc , Jones up at the 50m arc , Sherman Cooney and DJ will rotate through the hole between Jones and whoever is at FF and the midfield , Roughead is named at FF but I,d expect him to spend more time on the 50m arc to take some pressure off Jones

The Bulldogs Bite
27-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Be intresting to see Taylor Adams play, I was hoping we would pick him up.

His character is very questionable. I know he's only young, but he's quite pig headed from what I have heard.

azabob
27-04-2012, 09:03 PM
His character is very questionable. I know he's only young, but he's quite pig headed from what I have heard.

And isnt he on assault charges?

The Bulldogs Bite
28-04-2012, 01:33 AM

I believe so, for an altercation in a pub?

I've heard some bad things about the kid, so I am glad he's not on our list. There's a difference between arrogance and indecency.

Greystache
28-04-2012, 03:24 AM

Yes.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/giants-recruit-taylor-adams-in-bar-altercation/story-e6frf9jf-1226253832215)

F'scary
28-04-2012, 12:58 PM
[responding to F'scary]
...ringing the changes every time someone has a bad game will not bring stability or continuity - two things we're in need of.

Sorry but I strongly disagree because of where we are at right now as team. We are in full re-building phase, in danger of languishing at the bottom of the ladder for years and lots of changes & experiments are required to find what works to get up the ladder again. The strong accountability of severe selection decisions will create the churn needed to experiment, will remove complacency and promote the right work ethic. I was impressed with the number of changes after the StK game. That's what's needed IMO.:cool:

bornadog
28-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Late change:

Hargrave out Austin in.

AndrewP6
28-04-2012, 02:08 PM
[responding to F'scary]

Sorry but I strongly disagree because of where we are at right now as team. We are in full re-building phase, in danger of languishing at the bottom of the ladder for years and lots of changes & experiments are required to find what works to get up the ladder again. The strong accountability of severe selection decisions will create the churn needed to experiment, will remove complacency and promote the right work ethic. I was impressed with the number of changes after the StK game. That's what's needed IMO.:cool:

So just chop and change constantly?

LostDoggy
28-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Late change:

Hargrave out Austin in.

Last week I would been ok with dropping Hargrave but with Markovic out and Austin in we needed Hargrave there as the experienced player to show some leadership , he stepped up and had a solid game and used the ball much more efficiently , not sure why he was dropped this week I,m assuming he has also been Court Marshalled by General Soreness

F'scary
28-04-2012, 03:49 PM
So just chop and change constantly?

yes with anything that doesn't work, any player not showing form.

Right now it's nearly half-time and GWS are only 2 points down!:eek: That's why I've taken the view I have - we just got to do something.

Greystache
28-04-2012, 04:04 PM
yes with anything that doesn't work, any player not showing form.

Right now it's nearly half-time and GWS are only 2 points down!:eek: That's why I've taken the view I have - we just got to do something.

And if we blow it open in the second half and win by 60+ points does that then mean everything is going well and no changes are required?