PDA

View Full Version : Hargrave maybe Cited.

bornadog
23-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Fighting Western Bulldogs leave Melbourne winless

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/fighting-western-bulldogs-leave-melbourne-winless/story-e6frf9jf-1226335687829)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/download-2.jpg

BRENDAN McCartney got his first win as Western Bulldogs coach as Melbourne's nightmare start to the season continued at the MCG last night.

The Demons put in their most spirited performance of the season in what was a tribute game to late Demons legend Jim Stynes, but left the MCG with new coach Mark Neeld still to taste success.

Weight of possession eventually told as the Dogs ran out 13.10 (88) to 9.13 (67) winners in front of 33,565 fans.

"We've had a tough three weeks, but when you look back through that the first few weeks, we did a lot right, didn't take some opportunities and lost the game," McCartney said.

"It happens in footy. I know a lot of our supporters were disappointed, but often that's a learning experience, too."

The Bulldogs led at every change as Robert Murphy (24 possessions) did as he pleased off half-back.
Jarrad Grant, Daniel Giansiracusa and Adam Cooney each kicked two goals, but Luke Dahlhaus (23 disposals, one goal) was the Dogs' spark up forward.

Trailing by 15 points at halftime, Melbourne clawed back to within a point during a fiery third quarter but, with 367 to 274 possessions for the match, the Bulldogs were always in the box seat to end their winless start.

Lukas Markovic was a late withdrawal, replaced by former Blue Mark Austin, leaving the Dogs without their best four defenders in the absence of Brian Lake, Dale Morris and Tom Williams.

Jordan Roughead played an unfamiliar stopping role on Melbourne key forward Mitch Clark who kicked 1.2, but left the field late in the third quarter after landing on the back of his neck after a sickening marking contest.

Ryan Hargrave negated James Sellar, Easton Wood held Jack Watts to 12 possessions and one goal and Murphy had the best of Aaron Davey.

Hargrave could come under match review panel scrutiny today for an incident with Lynden Dunn.

LostDoggy
23-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, he chested him the thug:confused:

G-Mo77
23-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I was actually pretty close to it, there were punches thrown weather they were caught on camera is another story.

bornadog
23-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I was actually pretty close to it, there were punches thrown weather they were caught on camera is another story.

Hargrave can throw a mean punch.

G-Mo77
23-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Hargrave can throw a mean punch.

Heath Black is still wondering who hit him. :D

Axe Man
23-04-2012, 06:18 PM
The match review panel report is out and doesn't even mention Hargrave, or any incidents from our match for that matter.

Interesting to see Lindsay Thomas has been cited for the incident that left Gary Rohan with a broken leg.

LostDoggy
23-04-2012, 06:21 PM
If Lyndon Dunn is gonna go around with a Hitler moustache, he deserves to be punched.

Bulldog4life
23-04-2012, 07:04 PM
If Lyndon Dunn is gonna go around with a Hitler moustache, he deserves to be punched.

That made me laugh.:D

1eyedog
23-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Someone else said the same thing to me on Sunday...

LostDoggy
23-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Someone else said the same thing to me on Sunday...

Someone told me a broadcaster was calling him Blakey from 'On the buses'.

Remi Moses
23-04-2012, 08:27 PM

What's more pathetic, he's mo or his complete lack of ability?
The tough guy image

Ghost Dog
23-04-2012, 09:59 PM

LoL. Made my night. Dunn should be cited for a manscaping infringement

bornadog
23-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Someone told me a broadcaster was calling him Blakey from 'On the buses'.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/download-3.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/download-4.jpg

DragzLS1
24-04-2012, 10:13 AM

LMAO.. Match review panel must have felt the same way ;)

G-Mo77
24-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I haven't seen the replay was anything caught on camera? It all happened off the ball in the third quarter I think.