PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee- Round 6 vs Collingwood

Greystache
28-04-2012, 01:20 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you like to see for next Friday's game against Collingwood?

A brief explanation for your changes would be good.

LostDoggy
28-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Getting in early here.. Wood out.

boydogs
28-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Think Jones needs a break, and Hargrave in for Austin

cambo
28-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Hard when we haven't got the cattle to make any changes, I would be changing the game plan so we are spread out more, this may elevate players hand balling to a guy on top of him, watch the stoppages we have at least a dozen players all within 5 meters of each other then no one spreads, frustrating
Anyone remember the game against hawks at Etihad a few years ago when we were 88 points in front at half time, we have never played footy like that since, be nice if we did

Dog54
28-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Getting in early here.. Wood out.

If wood is not dropped match committee are very forgiving!

bornadog
28-04-2012, 05:44 PM
In Hargrave

Out Wood

Mantis
28-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Didn't think I would ever say this, but I hope Markovic is back next week... Austin looks miles off on that performance.

Sedat
28-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Didn't think I would ever say this, but I hope Markovic is back next week... Austin looks miles off on that performance.
Austin makes Markovic look like Scarlett

Mofra
28-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Out: Wood, Auston
In: Shaggy, Marko

Hard to find someone else to drop for Gia if he's right to go, Roughy must be close

The Pie Man
28-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Is Veszpremi in trouble for a soft headbutt?

Rocco Jones
28-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Out: Austin, Wood, Roughy
In: Shaggy, Markovic, Gian (if fit, otherwise I am not sure! Saying who to drop is MUCH, MUCH easier these days...would like Tutt to be fit)

Rocco Jones
28-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Is Veszpremi in trouble for a soft headbutt?

The contact was as minimal as it gets. He also did a little kick but it was more like faintly touching his opponent's hip with his leg.

Sedat
28-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Is Veszpremi in trouble for a soft headbutt?The headbutt was about as soft as most of his chasing and defensive efforts today. To be perfectly honest, I've been very underwhelmed by what I've seen of Vesz in the last 2 weeks. His skills are welcome but he has the intensity of a dandelion.

BulldogBelle
28-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Markovic in for Austin

Hargrave if 100% fit in for Wood

Austin got torn a new one when he was on Cameron today - without Cameron's goals GWS' score would have been somewhat dismal

Hargrave only if fit. We cant afford skill errors in the backhalf against the Carringbush - especially if his hip isn't 100%

Wood needs to regain some form and confidence at Willy

BulldogBelle
28-04-2012, 07:47 PM
The headbutt was about as soft as most of his chasing and defensive efforts today. To be perfectly honest, I've been very underwhelmed by what I've seen of Vesz in the last 2 weeks. His skills are welcome but he has the intensity of a dandelion.

Agree

Vez isn't great at the physical stuff and the in and under stuff- at the G next Friday night hopefully if he gets some space he can be damaging

He should have taken the number 10 guernsey

azabob
28-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Agree

Vez isn't great at the physical stuff and the in and under stuff- at the G next Friday night hopefully if he gets some space he can be damaging

I hope he doesnt turn up to G on Friday night, but if he does he will get so much space it won't be fuuny. But if he turns up to the dome he won't get much space at all.

Desipura
28-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Agree

He should have taken the number 10 guernsey The game is at Etihad.

kruder
28-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Agree

I wouldn't mention Vez in the same breath as Eagle.

Rocco Jones
28-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Agree

While Eagle was soft, he could run his opponent off his legs (granted, it was mainly limited to running one way).

LostDoggy
28-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Markovich for Austin I suppose, it's hard to judge anything from today's game.

LostDoggy
28-04-2012, 09:46 PM
It's hard to judge anything from today's game.

We had a bad game against St Kilda and then won an arm wrestle with Melbourne , and now you see tonights game where St Kilda and Melbourne are going toe to toe with only 5 points the difference , only 5 rounds in and its still a little hard to judge form on the sides out of the 8

I,ll wait till I see the Williamstown game before I assess the possible Ins and outs

SlimPickens
29-04-2012, 12:32 AM
We had a bad game against St Kilda and then won an arm wrestle with Melbourne , and now you see tonights game where St Kilda and Melbourne are going toe to toe with only 5 points the difference , only 5 rounds in and its still a little hard to judge form on the sides out of the 8

I,ll wait till I see the Williamstown game before I assess the possible Ins and outs

Not concerned that the possible ins from Willy will be coming off a 5 day break?

At this stage:

In Shaggy, Marko, Gia
Out Roughy, Austin, Wood

jeemak
29-04-2012, 12:49 AM
In - Hargrave, Markovic
Out - Wood, Austin

Need to see if Gia is fit and well. Not sure who goes out if he is.

Rocco Jones
29-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Not concerned that the possible ins from Willy will be coming off a 5 day break?

At this stage:

In Shaggy, Marko, Gia
Out Roughy, Austin, Wood

Yep. I don't see much at Willy and the 5 day break makes it even harder. Tough work filling out the 22.

Sedat
29-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Vez isn't great at the physical stuff and the in and under stuffI'm not expecting Vesz to become the 2nd coming of Cross and Boyd, but I do expect him to show hunger, desire and intent when performing defensive oriented skills. He is the master of the half-arsed chase from what I've seen these past 2 weeks, and he clearly lacks the engine to be able to make repeat effort after repeat effort. He has a mountain of work ahead of him if he is to make a decent fist of his second chance at AFL level.

Ghost Dog
29-04-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm not expecting Vesz to become the 2nd coming of Cross and Boyd, but I do expect him to show hunger, desire and intent when performing defensive oriented skills. He is the master of the half-arsed chase from what I've seen these past 2 weeks, and he clearly lacks the engine to be able to make repeat effort after repeat effort. He has a mountain of work ahead of him if he is to make a decent fist of his second chance at AFL level.

Um, I guess I have to watch the replay because after seeing the second half, I thought Vez did ok. But I wasn't at the game.

F'scary
29-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Out: Wood (form), Austin (form), Veszpremi (form), Roughead (3 rucks = 1 too many)

In: Hargrave, Markovic, Hooper, Skinner.

Selection of last 2 depends a bit on how they go today. Hooper & Skinner each got 3 against Sandy. Hooper to be the super sub.

Actually, Tutt, Smith, Dickson, Hooper & Skinner are all playing for Willi today. There are at least 2 spots in the seniors available next week. Good incentive for them to really go for it today.

Footnote: J Grant on last chance before spell in magoos.

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Out: Austin, Wood, Roughy
In: Shaggy, Markovic, Gian (if fit, otherwise I am not sure! Saying who to drop is MUCH, MUCH easier these days...would like Tutt to be fit)

We desperately need another marking forward. Jones never got near the ball in the first half and is an unreliable goalkicker. Neither Cordy or Roughead are effective closer to goal. I would have thought that either Tom Hill or Panos would be worth trying as a key forward. The backline will be improved with the return of Hargrave and Markovic and eventually Morris. It was good to see Liberatore back and both he and Wallis who was good again simply need more game time as they are the future in the midfield.

Rocco Jones
29-04-2012, 05:16 PM
We desperately need another marking forward. Jones never got near the ball in the first half and is an unreliable goalkicker. Neither Cordy or Roughead are effective closer to goal. I would have thought that either Tom Hill or Panos would be worth trying as a key forward. The backline will be improved with the return of Hargrave and Markovic and eventually Morris. It was good to see Liberatore back and both he and Wallis who was good again simply need more game time as they are the future in the midfield.

I totally agree we desperately need another marking forward but the solution isn't playing another fall forward, it's playing a good tall forward. Playing guys just because they are tall will end up adding more headaches due to a lack of defensive pressure/mobility.

Panos hasn't played for awhile. I really rate Hill however I doubt whether he is physically ready for AFL.

LostDoggy
29-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Obviously no-one on here watched the press conference after the game where Brandan said that Gia will be in the team next week.

Bumper Bulldogs
29-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Obviously no-one on here watched the press conference after the game where Brandan said that Gia will be in the team next week.

Gone a little early here, he could have had a shocker with willie.

Rocco Jones
29-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Gone a little early here, he could have had a shocker with willie.

Gia was out injured, he didn't play for Willy.

Ghost Dog
30-04-2012, 01:03 AM
In Shaggy, Marko um...good God is this going to make ANY difference?
The coach is going to have to roll the dice to even come close.
Their forward line is far too mobile for our backline at present. We will need more leg speed down there to keep up with the likes of Beams, Sidearse, Goldsack and crew.

Marko to Cloke I guess. If it becomes a hail of balls down there like it was against Westcoast, don't blame him.
Picken will need to shut down Swan. Should try a small forward line IMO to give us as much overlap as possible into the HF line, players that can run back fast the other way, Dahlhaus, Djekurra, Tutt if fit, cannot afford to have any players go without adding to the tackle count ( Vezpa?? What the hell was Saturday all about? ) Collingwood's defenders are too classy for our current forward line so we are going to have to have players who have confidence to bang it in from 50; Murphy to forward line or SOMETHING different. God we are predictable at times. Dawes has had a bad run and may be dropped. Hope so.

Ozza
30-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Out: Austin; Cordy; Wood

3 ruckman is 1 too many - but although the weekends game didn't reflect it - Roughead is a better option to 2nd ruck at this stage.

In: Hargrave; Gia; Markovic

B: Hargrave; Lake; Murphy
HB: Veszpremi; Markovic; Addison
C: Sherman; Boyd; Wallis;
HF: Higgins; Jones; Cooney
F: Grant; Roughead; Dahlhaus
R: Minson; Griffen; Picken
Int: Cross; Libba; Gia;
Sub: Djerkerra (probably stiff to be sub - but also probably most suited out of this side).

bornadog
30-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Out: Austin; Cordy; Wood

3 ruckman is 1 too many - but although the weekends game didn't reflect it - Roughead is a better option to 2nd ruck at this stage.

In: Hargrave; Gia; Markovic

B: Hargrave; Lake; Murphy
HB: Veszpremi; Markovic; Addison
C: Sherman; Boyd; Wallis;
HF: Higgins; Jones; Cooney
F: Grant; Roughead; Dahlhaus
R: Minson; Griffen; Picken
Int: Cross; Libba; Gia;
Sub: Djerkerra (probably stiff to be sub - but also probably most suited out of this side).
Be a shame to drop Cordy now that he would have gained a lot of confidence from the weekends game. 6 marks was a good effort which we haven't seen from our talls in awhile.

Ozza
30-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Be a shame to drop Cordy now that he would have gained a lot of confidence from the weekends game. 6 marks was a good effort which we haven't seen from our talls in awhile.

I just think we are too tall and need another runner, its not a pot on Cordy.

bornadog
30-04-2012, 12:25 PM

I prefer to drop Roughead.

Ozza
30-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I prefer to drop Roughead.

Thats fine. But you're basing it on how they went on the weekend just gone when Roughead didn't really get a genuine opportunity. The week before, Cordy was hopeless and Roughead went well in defence, and was ok in the ruck against Jamar also.

At some point this week, whoever the second ruckman is - is going to have to go against Jolly in the ruck, and man up on him when he pushes forward. I think at this stage in their careers, Roughead is better equipped for this.

DragzLS1
30-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Thats fine. But you're basing it on how they went on the weekend just gone when Roughead didn't really get a genuine opportunity. The week before, Cordy was hopeless and Roughead went well in defence, and was ok in the ruck against Jamar also.

At some point this week, whoever the second ruckman is - is going to have to go against Jolly in the ruck, and man up on him when he pushes forward. I think at this stage in their careers, Roughead is better equipped for this.

I would leave Cordy up forward I think he showed he is gaining confidence and can take a grab. Might be just what we need against the pies :s

Then again too top heavy against the pies is never a good thing and I doubt Roughy is quick enough to keep up with Dawes. Etihad will suit us though as it is a smaller ground :) Picken to Swan is a must although Pendlebury might be the other option (more damaging imo).

Who takes sidebottom? He is on fire this season and does not stop running! Cross would be fit enough but clearly no where near fast enough.

Ins: Markovic, Hargrave
Out: Austin, Wood/Vez

Mantis
30-04-2012, 02:34 PM

And you've picked Gia as that runner??

Hopefully the week off has helped his running capabilities, because he was labouring in his first 4 games.

chef
30-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know the latest on Marko and Hargrave?

Cyberdoggie
30-04-2012, 03:00 PM

Hopefully the week off has helped his running capabilities, because he was labouring in his first 4 games.

Yeah it's a worry when his favourite trick ( running under the flight with his opponent then double back around and running onto the ball) which he learned from Johnno doesn't work because the opponent has beaten him to the ball after being 5 meters behind him at the turn. He can't even rely on his smarts because he's too slow to even get the pill to use them.

Having said that our entire forward is a mess at the moment because we can't get the ball in quick enough, or with any skill and creativity. It's no wonder, Cordy, Jones, Gia, Grant are all struggling.

jeemak
30-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah it's a worry when his favourite trick ( running under the flight with his opponent then double back around and running onto the ball) which he learned from Johnno doesn't work because the opponent has beaten him to the ball after being 5 meters behind him at the turn. He can't even rely on his smarts because he's too slow to even get the pill to use them.

Having said that our entire forward is a mess at the moment because we can't get the ball in quick enough, or with any skill and creativity. It's no wonder, Cordy, Jones, Gia, Grant are all struggling.

Spot on. There wouldn't be many harder things to do in modern football than play in our side as a medium sized forward, let alone a developing tall forward!

Slow movement and terrible kicking from our back six through the midfield, coupled with inexperience in our taller targets' positioning is rendering us ineffective more often than not. I struggle to see where we'll turn it around to be honest.

I'm still finding it hard to determine what our game plan will evolve in to as I've only seen us live against WCE (I spent the majority of the STK game in the bar!). I need to see more games to see how we'll improve our ball movement.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Wood is absolutely dreadful at the moment, he's probably desperate himself to be dropped he's playing that badly!

Roughy unlucky.

IN: Markovic, Hargrave, Giansiracusa
OUT: Austin, Wood, Roughead

bornadog
30-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Wood is absolutely dreadful at the moment, he's probably desperate himself to be dropped he's playing that badly!

Roughy unlucky.

I think this is what will happen.

Dazza
30-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Jeez we really need a dangerous ball user. At the moment if teams shut down Murphy, Griffen and Dahlhaus the rest of the side will chip it sideways/bomb long to a contest.

G-Mo77
30-04-2012, 06:27 PM
OUT: Vezpremi, Austin, Roughead

I was really impressed with Vez last week but against GWS seemed a little off. I'm happy to swap him for Wood though as he's had fewer chances than Easton.

Austin was very ordinary and Marko is much better at this stage so an easy swap there.

Roughead just the odd one out this week, you could even have Cordy here even though he did play a better game. Either would be unlucky.

LongWait
30-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Jeez we really need a dangerous ball user. At the moment if teams shut down Murphy, Griffen and Dahlhaus the rest of the side will chip it sideways/bomb long to a contest.

So, so true Daz. We'd better be looking to draft some kids who can kick it or we are never going to win that bloody elusive second flag.

DragzLS1
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
So, so true Daz. We'd better be looking to draft some kids who can kick it or we are never going to win that bloody elusive second flag.

We have Tutt who can kick and is very quick, but think we will need atleast another 2 this coming draft (fingers crossed)

Ozza
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM

He's been used in the midfield at times during the year - and when fit, does cover a lot of ground and gets free of his man via work rate - so yeah, he's a 'runner' more so than Cordy - even if that running is very very slow.

LostDoggy
01-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Gia should play deep forward. He's a really smart player, uses his body really well in contests and has good hands. If he can get some 1 out contests deep i could see him being really dangerous.

But he needs to have his turn in the midfield to allow players to rest (Cooney, Griffen) so if his not fit enough to do that then he probably shouldn't be playing.

Ghost Dog
02-05-2012, 12:28 AM
I think Gia should play deep forward. He's a really smart player, uses his body really well in contests and has good hands. If he can get some 1 out contests deep i could see him being really dangerous.

But he needs to have his turn in the midfield to allow players to rest (Cooney, Griffen) so if his not fit enough to do that then he probably shouldn't be playing.

Gia in the midfield. Picken forward. Try something new .
Why do we hang on to players for so long / hesitate to try new things?

Remi Moses
02-05-2012, 12:54 AM

Roughy unlucky.

Ditto for me

Drunken Bum
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM

Roughy unlucky.

Ditto for me

It isn't quite unanimous but it isn't very far off with most peoples variations having at least two of these ins and outs. I don't think i have ever seen so many people agreeing or close to it in a match committee thread before

FWIW they are my ins and outs as well injuries/recoveries permitting

jeemak
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Gia in the midfield. Picken forward. Try something new .
Why do we hang on to players for so long / hesitate to try new things?

GD, I like the idea of Gia in the midfield. Realistically, Gia has been a player that has played to the needs of the team due to our inept recruiting, a lot like Brad Johnson had to, and hasn't been able to thrive in the position on the ground where he's most suited.

The only issue I have with him going in to the midfield and Picken going forward is we lose pace, and accountability. Having Boyd, Cross and Picken in the midfield is slow and unaccountable enough, though having Boyd, Cross and Gia in the midfield is almost football suicide (though if you're talking about Picken doing a job on a fit Shaw then I could wear that, though we'd have to play Cooney in the midfield more - as Collingwood's mids wouldn't have a minder - to balance quality and pace).

I've been a detractor of Picken's ability to play more creative roles over recent seasons due to his lack of ball getting and using ability, though he's doing his best this year to prove me wrong (and I'm happy about that), and that leads me to think he belongs in the midfield. However, I also think Gia can work through the midfield, fitness permitting, because he's a very good user of the ball in contested situations and is creative going forward. Perhaps with Cooney spending more time up forward as the season goes on due to his physical condition there might be more of an opportunity for Gia to play in the middle anyway.

Ghost Dog
02-05-2012, 10:37 AM
GD, I like the idea of Gia in the midfield.

I've been a detractor of Picken's ability to play more creative roles over recent seasons due to his lack of ball getting and using ability, though he's doing his best this year to prove me wrong (and I'm happy about that), and that leads me to think he belongs in the midfield. .

Look I totally agree. I understand Picken is much loved for his hardness, but he actually a very good kick of the ball. As a forward for Hamilton Imps he used to kick bags. At times as well, I think he sometimes plays a bit too much of the 'desperation' role and it makes him do silly things. It is possible to be clever and hard ( Bartel, Selwood ). Yet, he is the only guy on our team who I think opposition stars may hate matching up on.

Gia - he can only realistically play one of two roles. Forward pocket and midfield. We have a midfield full of his type. So I guess it's forward pocket or nothing. Just worry about current fitness to provide enough pressure. We leak the ball in our forward 50 and we saw that against GWS. Just comes out like water through a sieve.

Mantis
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Has anyone been to training this week?

I have heard we have a few important players struggling to get themselves up.

G-Mo77
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Has anyone been to training this week?

I have heard we have a few important players struggling to get themselves up.

Would Cooney be one of them? I've heard he may miss this week.

LostDoggy
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
In Gia, Hargrave
Out Cordy and Grant both injured/sore

bornadog
03-05-2012, 07:54 PM
In Gia, Hargrave

Cordy unlucky and looks like Marko hasn't come up. Big chance for Austin to see what he is made of. He will probably take Dawes and Lake on to Cloke? or the other way around:eek:

always right
03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Historically we have been reluctant to play Lake on the opposition best forward (apart from Buddy). Obviously we prefer to have Lake play on the lesser light to allow him to be a little more attacking and for this reason I expect him to take Dawes.

Going to be a tough night for Austen.

bornadog
03-05-2012, 08:30 PM
In Gia, Hargrave

Apparently injuries are Cordy back, and Grant Hip

SlimPickens
03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Cordy unlucky and looks like Marko hasn't come up. Big chance for Austin to see what he is made of. He will probably take Dawes and Lake on to Cloke? or the other way around:eek:

Could get ugly. Would have played Marko on clokeif available, now Lake has to do the job.

Cyberdoggie
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Apparently injuries are Cordy back, and Grant Hip

Sounds a bit like They were dropped/rested, i might be wrong but someone had to make way.

Curious to know who the sub is, with wallis, gia, higgins and libba, logic would say Gia is going to be the sub!
Higgins and Libba have been recently, Wallis is starting to play some good footy and would be a bad move to relegate him back to being a sub. That leaves Gia.
Perhaps it will be another half time sub like last week.

Rocco Jones
03-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Sounds a bit like They were dropped/rested, i might be wrong but someone had to make way.

Curious to know who the sub is, with wallis, gia, higgins and libba, logic would say Gia is going to be the sub!
Higgins and Libba have been recently, Wallis is starting to play some good footy and would be a bad move to relegate him back to being a sub. That leaves Gia.
Perhaps it will be another half time sub like last week.

I'd go with DJ. He has the lethal combo of speed/burst + not being very good that makes you suited to being a sub.

That or Libba/Wally because of too much grunt/not enough speed (which is no doubt the case, just that I rate Wally/Libba more).

I think the sub role would really hurt Gia as he hasn't got speed and is a more of an intelligent, find his way into the game type of player.

Cyberdoggie
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd go with DJ. He has the lethal combo of speed/burst + not being very good that makes you suited to being a sub.

That or Libba/Wally because of too much grunt/not enough speed (which is no doubt the case, just that I rate Wally/Libba more).

I think the sub role would really hurt Gia as he hasn't got speed and is a more of an intelligent, find his way into the game type of player.

I think DJ was named on the forward pocket.

G-Mo77
04-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Historically we have been reluctant to play Lake on the opposition best forward (apart from Buddy). Obviously we prefer to have Lake play on the lesser light to allow him to be a little more attacking and for this reason I expect him to take Dawes.

Going to be a tough night for Austen.

I'd rather give Lake some responsibility to shut someone down rather than chasing kicks 20m off his opponent.

Don't understand the Grant omission? They list hips but it's just rest. I thought he'd been playing well over his last two games and would have thought playing against one of teh leagues best would help him. No I haven't given up on Grant yet.

Cordy unlucky. I listed he or Roughead as my outs so not surprised one of them makes way. I hope "back" is cover for rest.

Talia, Smith and Dickson on the emergency list. I've got my doubts on Coons and would expect to see Dickson in for him.

Ghost Dog
04-05-2012, 02:23 AM

Bollocks. Ghost Dog has a lot of time for DJ.

Sedat
04-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Last time we played the filth, Brian Lake made Leigh Brown look like Wayne Carey. I hope 'old' Brian is banished for good because that was a sad sight to see last year. He's not back to AA form yet but hopefully he continues to take steps in the right direction. God knows we need him at or near his peak tonight.

FWIW I'd still play him on the lesser forward, Dawes. Let Cloke smash it. If Austin takes Dawes instead, he is a good enough player to dominate and Cloke will just play the support role and run Lake into the ground by opening up the forward 50 for Dawes to monster Austin. Whoever Austin gets will dominate tonight so I'd rather it is the player further from goals (Cloke) so that we preserve some of Lake's attacking drive and ability to cut off the most dangerous forward entries. Put Lake in a purely defensive mindset on someone like Cloke and it will end in tears.

angelopetraglia
05-05-2012, 12:13 AM
A lot of hate for Easton Wood. What an absolute ripping game he played until he did his hammy. Some massive contested marks, some dash and found targets. Just played with real confidence.

Very disappointing that he will miss a minimum of three (according to Peter Larkins).

The Bulldogs Bite
05-05-2012, 12:23 AM
A lot of hate for Easton Wood. What an absolute ripping game he played until he did his hammy. Some massive contested marks, some dash and found targets. Just played with real confidence.

Very disappointing that he will miss a minimum of three (according to Peter Larkins).

It was easily his best game for the club.

A real shame he got injured. We looked unsettled after he went off a bit.

Rocco Jones
05-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Bollocks. Ghost Dog has a lot of time for DJ.

I do too. I don't mean he is crap, I mean he isn't very good. I think when it come to the sub rule, some people try to be too clever by half. A massive part of who becomes the sub is how close they are to the 22nd pick. I like DJ but he isn't a star, he does his job. His role is also suited to being a sub.

Ghost Dog
06-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I do too. I don't mean he is crap, I mean he isn't very good. I think when it come to the sub rule, some people try to be too clever by half. A massive part of who becomes the sub is how close they are to the 22nd pick. I like DJ but he isn't a star, he does his job. His role is also suited to being a sub.

Fair enough. Not sure about that. We need someone to do what Sedat calls " the donkey work" down back then bring on some lighter bodied as the sub who can run and harass? I doubt he has the pace to get into the game at a late stage?

The thing I like about Addison is he doesn't get ruffled. Does turn the ball over now and again but is capable of alot of that bullocking work Mitch Hahn used to do.