PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Bulldogs

Rocco Jones
30-04-2012, 10:26 PM
A bit like Sheahan's AFL Top 50.

I am not saying the top 10 most value, don't really like upszing/downsizing a guy's value based on defencies/strengths of the rest of the team (i.e overrating defenders value because the rest of the team can't defend or a tall forward just because we have no other tall forwards). Just the top 10 footy players we have at the moment.

1- Ryan Griffen: Massive believer that the effect of the tag or lack there of results in players being underrated/overrated. Griff definitely has it harder than anyone in our team. He is our only inside/outside mid (on two legs). Jet.

2- Bob Murphy: Adds desperately needed rebound and also does his job defensive. It's a massive sacrifice for teams to play out and out defensive forwards and Bob warrants that.

3- Matthew Boyd: Yeah he wastes it but when you get it 40 times a week your efficiency doesn't need to be too high to earn your keep. Great in the clearances too, would love to see him play a more defensive role, have my criticisms of him etc but it would be shortsighted to not value his contributions.

4- Luke Dahlhaus: The most exciting thing about the club. No 2nd year blues here as he has gone from a forward pressure machine who get it here and there to a constant threat. It will be interesting to see how he copes with more pressure but he is number 4 with a bullet.

5- Liam Picken: Tagger who actually beats his opponents.

6- Adam Cooney: On one leg but still warrants close attention from the opposition. He has added value going forward.

7- Brian Lake: In 2010 he was the best FB going around and in 2011 he was an ordinary VFL FB, as you do. Looks like he is more 2010 than 2011 and hopefully it's number 7 with a bullet.

8- Daniel Cross: We all know his limitations but he is a good ordinary player in a very ordinary team. One of very few who creates spread (yes it's slow but slow beats not there at all), wins his own ball and tackles.

9- Daniel Giansiracusa: Had his career best season last year but looks like the game has gone past him all of a sudden. Hopefully it is more a short term injury rather than him being simply done but he is purely 9th on credit in the bank.

10- Tom Liberatore: Very good debut season. Was great in Round 1 and on the weekend as a sub, the next stage is coping with more attention/having a consistent influence on the game.

bornadog
30-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Great attempt Rocco, I agree with most of it. Gia has been very disappointing this year. I have always stuck up for Gia as he has been a valuable member of the forward line and regularly kicks around 40 goals a year. He has been a scapegoat for a lot of our supporters over the years.

I know the delivery into the forward line hasn't been the best this year and has limited his chances. Other than the West Coast game, he has struggled to get his hands on it.

Once Morris gets back to full fitness, he will be in the top ten.

BulldogBelle
01-05-2012, 01:25 AM
May as well give it a crack! There isn't really much to change.

1: Ryan Griffen. Has it all. With Coons obviously being down, opposition are finding it a bit easier to nullify him to this point. But he is pure class, and he will start polling Brownlow votes soon, I'd imagine. It's a shame we won't be playing finals for him to once again show the AFL world his style.

2: Matthew Boyd Works tirelessly, cracks in, organises and structures the team on the field, works as hard if not harder than absolutely anyone. A beast. Would run through a brick wall to win a game for the Bulldogs.

3: Bob Murphy The opposition are generally struggling to contain him despite knowing what he'll do every single time. Drive the team forward from the defence. Probably has a near perfect balance of drive, and negating qualities put together in a package. I know he has been beaten at times this season, but so has everyone. It's a shame when team structure and injury dictate what position a player can play, because he would be utterly "elegant" as a CHF. As has always been said and will continue to be said.

4: Luke Dahlhaus I've seen him cop multiple blows to the head and get up and go again every single time. When there are amazing value picks like this to be had from the draft, your faith in modern footy gets restored fairly quickly.

5: Daniel Cross He's been great this year, extremely dependable, someone with his overhead ability can be very handy for dealing with zones. Even if he doesn't mark the ball. As said, he's a limited player in a limited team. But he's still by far one of our consistently best players.

6: Callan Wa... Brian Lake Missing his ultra reliable partner in crime Morris, Lakes importance is clearer than ever. Think his performances will continue to grow through the season, and he'll be put to the sword next week, but I think he's ready to dominate again. Sadly, his duels and overall bossing of the defence won't be a big reason for us either winning and losing like they used to be.

7: Adam Cooney The Brownlow medalist has shown he can still be the great player he always has been, just in smaller doses. Really fanatical tackling and pressure on the ball this year which is always nice to see. Just throws himself in there. Class.

8: Liam Picken Proven to be such a great player and acquisition for the club. Does his job, every single week, copes very well with the best. One of the better taggers in the league imo, because as said, he can go both ways.

9: Will Minson Probably isn't really top 10 material, but imo he makes it due to importance to us. He is a very respectable, unfashionable ruckman. Sadly seems doomed to never be able to consistently clunk a mark, despite teasing us in the preseason. His work probably sort of goes a bit unnoticed to a degree, but when he's rucking it's often when we start winning the clearances.

10: Justin Sherman More of a future standing pick. It's an odd one, and his season is only really just starting, but he has quality across the board and I expect his second season to be alot more impressive than his first. (a bit like Aker, Ben Hudson and Scott Welsh) And I thought his first was pretty good. He brings exactly what the team needs to the table, with his speed, X factor, Skill, confidence and strength.

He looks to have added a tougher McCartney edge to his game and has been going back with the flight with marks. I really think he'll have a tad more straight forward position this year, and play it very very well.

Unlucky but bordering: T.Liberatore L.Markovic D.F.Addison

edit: I'm sure that Gia will be in by the end of the year.

always right
01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Sobering list....leaving out GWS and Gold Coast, arguably the weakest top 10 in the AFL.

After the top four it's daylight to fifth.

Mantis
01-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Unlucky but bordering: T.Liberatore, L.Markovic, D.F.Addison

edit: I'm sure that Gia will be in by the end of the year.

If that's the case, no wonder we are struggling.

Ghost Dog
01-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Stay tuned for the rise of Liam.....Jones. ( Play the Superman theme )

Ozza
01-05-2012, 10:21 AM
1. Ryan Griffen
2. Bob Murphy
3. Dale Morris
4. Matthew Boyd
5. Brian Lake
6. Adam Cooney
7. Luke Dahlhaus
8. Liam Picken
9. Liam Jones
10. Tom Liberatore

Twodogs
01-05-2012, 11:58 AM
10: Justin Sherman More of a future standing pick. It's an odd one, and his season is only really just starting, but he has quality across the board and I expect his second season to be alot more impressive than his first. (a bit like Aker, Ben Hudson and Scott Welsh) And I thought his first was pretty good. He brings exactly what the team needs to the table, with his speed, X factor, Skill, confidence and strength.

He looks to have added a tougher McCartney edge to his game and has been going back with the flight with marks. I really think he'll have a tad more straight forward position this year, and play it very very well.

Interesting choice and a well made case.

Unlucky but bordering: T.Liberatore L.Markovic D.F.Addison.

I think that Easton Wood would be ahead of DFA and Markovic.

How about Ryan Hargrave? I know Shaggy's form has dropped off this year but he's still an important player for us.

Cyberdoggie
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Dale Morris should be in there, even with a broken leg.

LostDoggy
01-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Dale Morris should be in there, even with a broken leg.

This.

LostDoggy
01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
1. Griffin
3. L.D
4. Robert Murphy
6. Boyd
9. Cooney
10. Morris (there you go)

Rocco Jones
01-05-2012, 08:30 PM
If Dale Morris wasn't injured and at the level we expect from him then I would have him at number 3.

Maddog37
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Number one for me.

Rocco Jones
01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Number one for me.

I can get that but I guess he loses out compared to Griff and Bob due to being predominately a negating player. I think it's harder to create than negate.

Scorlibo
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Does everyone remember the first half of 2009 when everything Shaun Higgins touched turned to gold? I remember thinking he'd be better than Cooney or Griffen. Is his underachievement simply down to over-expectation? Or can he still push to be in the top 3 in this list? At one stage trading Shaun Higgins would have given us a first round pick and some.

comrade
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Does everyone remember the first half of 2009 when everything Shaun Higgins touched turned to gold? I remember thinking he'd be better than Cooney or Griffen. Is his underachievement simply down to over-expectation? Or can he still push to be in the top 3 in this list? At one stage trading Shaun Higgins would have given us a first round pick and some.

Yes, and I'm not embarrassed to admit that at the time I posted something along the lines of "we're seeing a star being made before our eyes".

:o

Rocco Jones
01-05-2012, 10:18 PM

So many injuries.

FWIW I have him at 11 at the moment.

chef
02-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I think that Easton Wood would be ahead of DFA and Markovic.

He wouldn't be for me, easily my most disappointing player this year.

Cyberdoggie
02-05-2012, 02:39 PM
He wouldn't be for me, easily my most disappointing player this year.

I don't think he's been that bad, sure he's had a few bad moments, no more than DFA does every game, but i do admit that he's not playing to his potential. He's completely lost his run and his disposal efficiency is bad at the moment (not the only one though so i think there's more to it).

chef
02-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't think he's been that bad, sure he's had a few bad moments, no more than DFA does every game, but i do admit that he's not playing to his potential. He's completely lost his run and his disposal efficiency is bad at the moment (not the only one though so i think there's more to it).

IMO Addison's been twice the player Wood has so far this season and I am worried he has reached his potential.

FrediKanoute
03-05-2012, 04:08 AM
My top 10:

1. Ryan Griffin: - elite user of the ball.Works hard both ways and inside and out.
2. Bob Murphy: - another elite user of the ball. Great evasive skills and always seems to have time.
3. Matthew Boyd: - the workhorse of the midfield. Accumulates possessions, mostly hard ball gets, but is capable of breaking away and kicking goals. Disposal efficiency not great, but this I think is in part due to where the team is at.
4. Adam Cooney: - fitness is all that is keeping him from being equal first though I think we all know that this is unlikely to be reclaimed. That said he will become a dangerous burst through the middle/forward line player.
5. Luke Dahlhaus: - a real livewire - with enough platitudes from all and sundry. Is easily in our top 5.
6. Brian Lake:- tossed and turned over Brian. I think at his best he is top 5, but he is not there yet. He is getting back to his best and will be better once Morris and Williams are back in the side.
7. Nathan Djerkerra: - controversial, but this year I think he has really shown his worth, playing the defensive forward wit the ability to hurt going the other way. He is pacy, strong and with Dahlhaus adds some intensity to a forward line which lacks it.
8. Justin Sherman: - another controversial choice, but in a side bereft of pacy outside players with good skills the fact that Sherman gives this is a major plus. Not the sharpest tool in the shed though.
9. Daniel Cross - the old workhorse is still a valuable part of the side, at least until Libba and Wally jnr get enough experience. His link up play, courage and strong marking ability are all important parts of what he brings to the side.
10. Minson - it was a real toss up here (Gia, Higgo, Libba could all have been here), but I think his performances so far justify him in the top 10. Being the lead ruckman is something I think Will is made for. He's not a forward, so letting him ruck lets him play to his strengths

BulldogBelle
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
It's hard, isn't it? I love your list tbh. Better than mine. I basically forgot about DJ, and he's really added since coming into the team. And he's at the perfect age too, at only 23.

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
My top 10:

1. Ryan Griffin: - elite user of the ball.Works hard both ways and inside and out.
2. Bob Murphy: - another elite user of the ball. Great evasive skills and always seems to have time.
3. Matthew Boyd: - the workhorse of the midfield. Accumulates possessions, mostly hard ball gets, but is capable of breaking away and kicking goals. Disposal efficiency not great, but this I think is in part due to where the team is at.
4. Adam Cooney: - fitness is all that is keeping him from being equal first though I think we all know that this is unlikely to be reclaimed. That said he will become a dangerous burst through the middle/forward line player.
5. Luke Dahlhaus: - a real livewire - with enough platitudes from all and sundry. Is easily in our top 5.
6. Brian Lake:- tossed and turned over Brian. I think at his best he is top 5, but he is not there yet. He is getting back to his best and will be better once Morris and Williams are back in the side.
7. Nathan Djerkerra: - controversial, but this year I think he has really shown his worth, playing the defensive forward wit the ability to hurt going the other way. He is pacy, strong and with Dahlhaus adds some intensity to a forward line which lacks it.
8. Justin Sherman: - another controversial choice, but in a side bereft of pacy outside players with good skills the fact that Sherman gives this is a major plus. Not the sharpest tool in the shed though.
9. Daniel Cross - the old workhorse is still a valuable part of the side, at least until Libba and Wally jnr get enough experience. His link up play, courage and strong marking ability are all important parts of what he brings to the side.
10. Minson - it was a real toss up here (Gia, Higgo, Libba could all have been here), but I think his performances so far justify him in the top 10. Being the lead ruckman is something I think Will is made for. He's not a forward, so letting him ruck lets him play to his strengths

Surprised you would have left out Picken who has been one of our better performers this year. I also rate Liberatore who really only played the one poor game against St Kilda when given the big task on Lenny Hayes.

FrediKanoute
03-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Doh!!! Picken in a 6, bump everyone down a spot!

KT31
06-05-2012, 03:57 PM
IMO Addison's been twice the player Wood has so far this season and I am worried he has reached his potential.

Wood showed a fair bit yesterday and hopefully on return will keep up his improvement.
IMO DFO has peaked on what we see is what we get.
Lake (hopefully Brians back), showed he will be cemented in our top ten by mid year.

LostDoggy
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM
No one has Jones in their top 10 (wait, I see that Ozza does)? I can't believe the criticism the guy is getting on other threads -- he was in the top 5 in the league for contested marks last year. TOP 5 IN THE LEAGUE.

Who else is in the top 5 in the league bracket for ANY skillset? Boydy for possessions, definitely, who else?

The kid is elite in the most difficult and valuable skill across the half-forward area, and is still raw as day-old meat. Even if he doesn't improve from here (highly unlikely), in a good team he would still be incredibly valuable for being able to provide a link across HF, especially with others to pick up the scoring load. With natural improvement he will be a huge contributor in years to come.

I guarantee he will command a huge trade if we were ever to put him up for sale.

Rocco Jones
30-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Speaking to a mate last night about our top players and the massive drop off. Got me thinking about this thread from awhile back. Same premise as OP, just a flat out top 10.

1- Ryan Griffen: In the elite midfield class now. Elite ability and attitude.

2- Will Minson: Best ruckman going around.

3- Tom Liberatore: A beast in the clearances. So clean and tough.

4- Bob Murphy: Still doing the business. Such a hard role in an awful team.

5- Jordan Roughead: Says more about us than him that he is this high up but currently our best key-defensive, 2nd ruck and probably key-forward option.

6- Dale Morris: Not the Dale of old but still doing a job.

7- Jason Johannisen: Developing into a damaging HB.

8- Matthew Boyd: Don't know if I am being too harsh or too nice. Hopefully can show something in a mild tag/defensive role.

9- Daniel Giansiracusa: Odd considering he has been a sub so often but who else is there? Could be higher.

10- Adam Cooney: There on natural ability alone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 5 onwards it is a very poor top 10. Jackson Macrae just misses out.

bornadog
30-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Speaking to a mate last night about our top players and the massive drop off. Got me thinking about this thread from awhile back. Same premise as OP, just a flat out top 10.

1- Ryan Griffen: In the elite midfield class now. Elite ability and attitude.

2- Will Minson: Best ruckman going around.

3- Tom Liberatore: A beast in the clearances. So clean and tough.

4- Bob Murphy: Still doing the business. Such a hard role in an awful team.

5- Jordan Roughead: Says more about us than him that he is this high up but currently our best key-defensive, 2nd ruck and probably key-forward option.

6- Dale Morris: Not the Dale of old but still doing a job.

7- Jason Johannisen: Developing into a damaging HB.

8- Matthew Boyd: Don't know if I am being too harsh or too nice. Hopefully can show something in a mild tag/defensive role.

9- Daniel Giansiracusa: Odd considering he has been a sub so often but who else is there? Could be higher.

10- Adam Cooney: There on natural ability alone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 5 onwards it is a very poor top 10. Jackson Macrae just misses out.

I think Roughead is struggling . If it was top ten potential I would have him in. I have been more impressed with Talia as a backman than Roughead. I would replace Roughead with Tom Young. He has had a very good season and rarely beaten.

F'scary
30-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Fascinating to see how many players on the thread's top 10 lists from a little more than a year ago have gone so far downhill this year.

Or are no longer at the club. :eek:

gohardorgohome
30-06-2013, 09:41 PM
From what I seen so far this year Jack Macrae would be close to top 10 by the start of next season.

LostDoggy
01-07-2013, 04:51 AM
For some reason when I did this I ended up splitting the ten players into three categories.

The Mainstays

1. Ryan Griffen
2. Will Minson
3. Tom Liberatore
4. Dale Morris

Pretty clear cut, these are the four that I believe do a great job every week and bust a gut leaving nothing out there.

Whipping boys

5. Rob Murphy
6. Daniel Giansiracusa
7. Matthew Boyd

These 3 are in their own category, all almost as valuable as the big 4 but all have weaknesses in their game which cause frustration.

Rising Stars

8. Jordan Roughead
9. Jason Johanisen
10. Jackson Macrae

The rising stars of the group, all have weaknesses, but after they reach their peak should be in either of the above two categories.

Dickson, Young, Stevens, Smith and maybe a few others unlucky.
Dahlhaus should be in the top 10 as a rising star, but his recent form has dragged him out for Macrae.
Guys like Stringer, Talia fall just below the rising stars group.
Higgins and Williams similar to the middle group except he can't get on the park.
Cooney would most likely be in the first group but for his knee.
Jones/Cordy types are rising stars with frustrating weaknesses. Potential to be top 10 after the middle group + Morris retire.
Addison, Markovic etc. are fringe players still.
Grant, Vesz, Austin and a few others going going gone.

There's probably players I'm forgetting but I tried to cover most of list in the extra part.
What started out as a top 10 almost ended up as a list analysis.

Rocco Jones
20-10-2015, 07:19 PM
A bit like Sheahan's AFL Top 50.

I am not saying the top 10 most value, don't really like upszing/downsizing a guy's value based on defencies/strengths of the rest of the team (i.e overrating defenders value because the rest of the team can't defend or a tall forward just because we have no other tall forwards). Just the top 10 footy players we have at the moment.

1- Ryan Griffen: Massive believer that the effect of the tag or lack there of results in players being underrated/overrated. Griff definitely has it harder than anyone in our team. He is our only inside/outside mid (on two legs). Jet.

2- Bob Murphy: Adds desperately needed rebound and also does his job defensive. It's a massive sacrifice for teams to play out and out defensive forwards and Bob warrants that.

3- Matthew Boyd: Yeah he wastes it but when you get it 40 times a week your efficiency doesn't need to be too high to earn your keep. Great in the clearances too, would love to see him play a more defensive role, have my criticisms of him etc but it would be shortsighted to not value his contributions.

4- Luke Dahlhaus: The most exciting thing about the club. No 2nd year blues here as he has gone from a forward pressure machine who get it here and there to a constant threat. It will be interesting to see how he copes with more pressure but he is number 4 with a bullet.

5- Liam Picken: Tagger who actually beats his opponents.

6- Adam Cooney: On one leg but still warrants close attention from the opposition. He has added value going forward.

7- Brian Lake: In 2010 he was the best FB going around and in 2011 he was an ordinary VFL FB, as you do. Looks like he is more 2010 than 2011 and hopefully it's number 7 with a bullet.

8- Daniel Cross: We all know his limitations but he is a good ordinary player in a very ordinary team. One of very few who creates spread (yes it's slow but slow beats not there at all), wins his own ball and tackles.

9- Daniel Giansiracusa: Had his career best season last year but looks like the game has gone past him all of a sudden. Hopefully it is more a short term injury rather than him being simply done but he is purely 9th on credit in the bank.

10- Tom Liberatore: Very good debut season. Was great in Round 1 and on the weekend as a sub, the next stage is coping with more attention/having a consistent influence on the game.

How things have changed? Only 5 players remaining from 3 years ago, with 4 players being at different clubs this season.

Rocco Jones
20-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Here's my end of 2015 edition, same conditions. Not just about this year, no weighting for types we have less/more of, just the out and out top 10.

1- Marcus Bontempelli
2- Jake Stringer
3- Bob Murphy
4- Luke Dahlhaus
5- Easton Wood
6- Mitch Wallis
7- Matthew Boyd
8- Tory Dickson
9- Liam Picken
10- Jackson Macrae

Liberatore misses out due to injury. I would have had Koby Stevens in the top 10 if not for injury.

Crameri, JJ and Hunter thereabouts too. So basically I have no KPPs or ruckmen in our top 15 players.

Twodogs
20-10-2015, 08:25 PM
How things have changed? Only 5 players remaining from 3 years ago, with 4 players being at different clubs this season.

Obviously the ones playing at other clubs are off the list.

Rocket Science
21-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Jeez. Reminiscing over those 2012 lists made me want to slit my wrists in a warm bath.

Thank Christ it's 2015.

Rocco Jones
29-10-2016, 06:17 PM
A wee bit of an update

1- Marcus Bontempelli: Wonderful combo of amazing natural attributes and appetite for contest. Everything he does matters. And he should get better. Wow.

2- Easton Wood: His 2016 was less obvious than 2015 but so crucial to modern team defence with his ability to take crucial intercept marks.

3- Jason Johannisen: Best small defender in the league. Breaks lines in tight games we create. More than does his bit as an actual defender.

4- Tom Liberatore His hands are gold in tight, courageous as it gets and has developed great goal sense.

5- Luke Dahlhaus: Typifies our work rate.

6- Dale Morris: The man for any defensive job.

7- Matthew Boyd: Better than ever.

8- Liam Picken: Speed, aerial ability, goal sense...what a star?!

9- Jackson Macrae: Keeps evolving his game.

10- Lachie Hunter: His tank is massive in modern game.

Not a bad top 10.

bulldogtragic
29-10-2016, 06:20 PM
It's a good top 10 when Tom Boyd can't crack in after his finals and Grand Final performance.

Rocco Jones
29-10-2016, 06:22 PM
It's a good top 10 when Tom Boyd can't crack in after his finals and Grand Final performance.

I based my top few selections in relation to AFL Dream 22. I would have Bont in as well as Wood and JJ down back.

Tom Boyd is 11th!

GVGjr
29-10-2016, 06:34 PM
John West says that its the fish they reject that makes them the best so have a look at the players outside of this top 10. There are some impressive players. T.Boyd, Stringer, Daniel, Roughead, Dickson and the injured guys and new faces like Wallis, Murphy, Crameri and Cloke

LostDoggy
29-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm surprised you didn't have Morris in your top ten at the end of 2015, Rocco.

I would have Stringer in for Matthew Boyd if we're basing this list on heading into 2017. I know he had a poor year for his standards, but he is capable of utilising his brute strength, evasiveness and skill like no one else on our list. And he has genuine match winning ability. That's the only change I would have.

I also think you have Macrae way too low. He'd be third on my list.

comrade
29-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Geez, some of those names listed in 2012 were harrowing. Sherman, Djerkurra, Liam bloody Jones. We were miles off it.

Bravo to Dalrymple for absolutely nailing the critical 2012 & 2013 drafts (and 2014/15 are also looking the goods) and huge kudos to our development set up for getting these kids firing from early on.

Twodogs
29-10-2016, 09:23 PM
When a game is close and tense I know we are going to win because Bontempelli plays for us so he certainly nailed the 2013 draft.

merantau
29-10-2016, 09:25 PM
You won't get any arguments from me re your top ten but what I really like about our list is the quality of players outside the top ten - Murphy, Dickson, Crameri, Tom Boyd, Stringer, Wallis, Daniel, McLean, Roughead, Biggs, Redpath, Smith, Roberts, Cordy, Dunkley, Lin Jong, Adams, Honeychurch, Webb - have I left anyone out?
We have depth and a fantastic track record of covering our injuries. This is a very talented and even list and we should be a force for the next few years.

jeemak
29-10-2016, 10:58 PM
It depends on perspective, in terms of whether it's as at right now or how it will be in twelve months.

I have Jack Macrae a fair bit higher than most. He's so unbelievably impressive it's not funny, there's not a single player in the competition who plays like him.

Your list overall is pretty solid, I'd have Stringer and Dickson ahead of Hunter. They play a specifically hard position on the field, Hunter doesn't.

bornadog
29-10-2016, 11:41 PM
My list on how they finished up after the finals and Premiership.

1. The Bont

2. JJ

3 Picken

4. T Boyd

5. Macrae

6. Wood

7. Dahl

8. Libba

9. Hunter

10. Morris

MBoyd, should be in but I can't see who to take out. Stringer will be in top 10 next year, Caleb Daniel and Dickson also very close.

LostDoggy
29-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Would anyone like to organise a WOOF edition of the top ten players? It doesn't have to be top 10. It can be top 15, top 20, whatever.

A way it could work is the person organising it can be responsible for counting all the votes? This can be done by those willing to participate sending a PM to the vote counter with their top 10/15/20 current Bulldogs players.

The player you rank first will receive 20 points, the player you rank second will receive 19 votes, the player you rank third will receive 18 points, etc etc until the 20th ranked player receives one vote (this is if we are doing it for top 20).

I'm not sure how much interest there would be. It would be good to have at least ten involved, and someone willing to count all the points to assemble a final top 20.

Bulldog4life
30-10-2016, 11:02 AM
My list on how they finished up after the finals and Premiership.

1. The Bont

2. JJ

3 Picken

4. T Boyd

5. Macrae

6. Wood

7. Dahl

8. Libba

9. Hunter

10. Morris

MBoyd, should be in but I can't see who to take out. Stringer will be in top 10 next year, Caleb Daniel and Dickson also very close.

Wow an All Australian this year left out. We have a super strong list.

Rocco Jones
30-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Would anyone like to organise a WOOF edition of the top ten players? It doesn't have to be top 10. It can be top 15, top 20, whatever.

A way it could work is the person organising it can be responsible for counting all the votes? This can be done by those willing to participate sending a PM to the vote counter with their top 10/15/20 current Bulldogs players.

The player you rank first will receive 20 points, the player you rank second will receive 19 votes, the player you rank third will receive 18 points, etc etc until the 20th ranked player receives one vote (this is if we are doing it for top 20).

I'm not sure how much interest there would be. It would be good to have at least ten involved, and someone willing to count all the points to assemble a final top 20.

That would be good. Maybe have a ranking at middle and end of year?

I think it would need shared view. For example my top 10 is what I saw as out and out the best players rather than who is most valuable to us. I think Lachie Hunter is a better player than Tom Boyd at this stage (just) but it terms of value, Tom is ahead.

LostDoggy
30-10-2016, 03:32 PM
That would be good. Maybe have a ranking at middle and end of year?

I think it would need shared view. For example my top 10 is what I saw as out and out the best players rather than who is most valuable to us. I think Lachie Hunter is a better player than Tom Boyd at this stage (just) but it terms of value, Tom is ahead.
That's a very good point. We'd all have to be on the same page and rankings would need to be done utilising the same criteria.

Twodogs
30-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Roughead would be pretty high on a list of importance but not so much best players.