View Full Version : Match Day Information: Round 6 vs Pies

bornadog
01-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Round 6
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood
Friday 4 May, 2012
Etihad Stadium

FULLY TICKETED

The Round 6 clash against Collingwood has been upgraded to a ‘Reserved Seat Ticket Event’ due to the anticipated high demand for reserved seating.

Members with a Reserved Seat membership

All Western Bulldogs members with a Home game reserved seat membership can simply scan their membership card at the gate on the night of the match and take their seat as listed on the back of their membership card.

Members with a General Admission membership

All Western Bulldogs members with a Home game general admission membership will be required to upgrade their membership to an allocated reserved seat through Ticketmaster at the cost of the booking fee.

If you do not hold a Western Bulldogs membership you will need to purchase a reserved seat ticket through Ticketmaster.

Reserved seating on Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 are currently available through all Ticketmaster channels - including outlets, online at ticketmaster.com.au and via the phone on 136 100.

Please note a Level 3 premium reserved seating fee is applied to any seats reserved in Rows A to K, Aisles 8 to 18 and 32 to 42.

Desipura
01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
And for this reasdon I cannot go. Probably one of a handful of games in the last 10 years that I have missed in Melbourne.

Mantis
01-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Members with a Reserved Seat membership

All Western Bulldogs members with a Home game reserved seat membership can simply scan their membership card at the gate on the night of the match and take their seat as listed on the back of their membership card.

Going by the thread 'craigsahibee' created this isn't the case... What gives??

BulldogBelle
01-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Ahhhh matches against Collingwood

One of the only teams whose fans don't fail to abuse you travelling to and from the game, and of course at the game

That and i'm not sure why we dont advocate to play our home match against them at the 'G against a much bigger crowd (and hopefully more profitable for the club)

bornadog
01-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Going by the thread 'craigsahibee' created this isn't the case... What gives??

I guess the club didn't publish the small print: " Unless we kick you out of your reserved seat":D

Bulldog4life
01-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Ahhhh matches against Collingwood

One of the only teams whose fans don't fail to abuse you travelling to and from the game, and of course at the game

That and i'm not sure why we dont advocate to play our home match against them at the 'G against a much bigger crowd (and hopefully more profitable for the club)

Ah yes. I have some doozy, bordering on the insane, arguments with Collingwood supporters over many years. Although I was much more fiery at the footy in the past they still get up my nose even these days.

bornadog
01-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Ah yes. I have some doozy, bordering on the insane, arguments with Collingwood supporters over many years. Although I was much more fiery at the footy in the past they still get up my nose even these days.

I just ignore them.

DragzLS1
01-05-2012, 01:56 PM
lol dont bother getting into an argument with an arrogant uneducated collingwood supporter.. please! you wil onl be wasting your time

Remi Moses
01-05-2012, 07:56 PM
General Admin have to buy a seat!
Yes and 18 game social club membership should be enough!
Haven't seen a magpie game for about 5 years, the feralometer is in 11.

The Pie Man
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
General Admin have to buy a seat!
Yes and 18 game social club membership should be enough!
Haven't seen a magpie game for about 5 years, the feralometer is in 11.

Previously for 'fully ticketed' games all we've had to do is secure a general admin for Level 3 seats (which = standing on Level 1 for me) ticket - for memory less than $5 each with your membership. Not the case this year?

SlimPickens
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Previously for 'fully ticketed' games all we've had to do is secure a general admin for Level 3 seats (which = standing on Level 1 for me) ticket - for memory less than $5 each with your membership. Not the case this year?

yep that's right, if you sit on level three general areas you pay the booking fee of $4.15, if you purchase it before friday. If you do it at the game at any ticket box it wont cost you anything to recieve a paper ticket for level three, they'll just scan your membership and give you a ticket.

The only time you would pay is if you're upgrading your ticket to level 1,2 or level 3 premium.

The Pie Man
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
yep that's right, if you sit on level three general areas you pay the booking fee of $4.15, if you purchase it before friday. If you do it at the game at any ticket box it wont cost you anything to recieve a paper ticket for level three, they'll just scan your membership and give you a ticket.

The only time you would pay is if you're upgrading your ticket to level 1,2 or level 3 premium.

Just confirmed this with the club on the phone (before reading this)

bornadog
03-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Just confirmed this with the club on the phone (before reading this)

Best to pay the $4.15 as you may not get a seat when you show up at the gate, or you will be in the top decks of the third level.

Axe Man
03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Best to pay the $4.15 as you may not get a seat when you show up at the gate, or you will be in the top decks of the third level.

If you want to sit anywhere on the side, ie between the forward flanks, you will be sitting in the top decks anyway, unless you want to pay more than $4.15:

Please note a Level 3 premium reserved seating fee is applied to any seats reserved in Rows A to K, Aisles 8 to 18 and 32 to 42.

I booked earlier and got Aisle 37, row T.

LostDoggy
03-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I remember years ago turning up to a Bulldogs V Essendon game & even though it was our home game I had to line up for an hour to get a paper ticket just to walk through the gate & stand at the back of the level 1 seats. I didn't have a reserved seat back then, just GA membership. I'd advise getting there early or paying the $4.15 booking fee if you don't want to miss some of the game. :(

The Pie Man
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I did mention to the person on the phone from the club yesterday that calling it a 'Reserved Seat Ticket Event’ is a bit confusing/misleading - though I think there has been a subtle change in the way it works - I just booked a general admin ticket in the 3rd tier (which will likely = standing room for me; for a stadium built without this in mind, it's actually a way better view than the standing room at the G) and was given a seat anyway. In general admin. I find this pretty strange, but whatever.

What is slightly annoying is the added booking fee - so 2 tickets cost me just over $14 to get. Not a big deal, just annoying.

The seat is on the wing - might try it for a quarter. Don't like being way up there.

AndrewP6
05-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Got a good spot in the end. Right on the centre, level 1 (Aisle 36). Plenty of Dog supporters nearby to counterbalance the Toothless Morons in the vicinity.

Sedat
05-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Absurd that a 38k crowd was a fully ticketed affair. It was never going to be a full house tonight. As an AFL member, I was forced to sit behind the goals 3 rows from the top of level 3 - FU Ian Collins.

G-Mo77
05-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Got a good spot in the end. Right on the centre, level 1 (Aisle 36). Plenty of Dog supporters nearby to counterbalance the Toothless Morons in the vicinity.

My section, good spot isn't it.

Greystache
05-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Absurd that a 38k crowd was a fully ticketed affair. It was never going to be a full house tonight. As an AFL member, I was forced to sit behind the goals 3 rows from the top of level 3 - FU Ian Collins.

I'm an AFL member too and sat in the very same spot. Row U, level 3, right behind the goals.

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
My section, good spot isn't it.

Im a couple down in Aisle 33 - plenty of support for us around there