PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 - Other Matches

Eastdog
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Another round of footy is upon us and it all starts tonight with us coming up against Collingwood. This thread is for discussion of all the other matches not involving the Bulldogs.

Eastdog
05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Just flicked it on. Close one between the Suns and Dockers. Suns are a chance.

chef
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
It's a bit sad to think that GC and GWS are going to dominate the comp in a couple of seasons for a heck of a long time:(

Eastdog
05-05-2012, 08:35 PM
It's a bit sad to think that GC and GWS are going to dominate the comp in a couple of seasons for a heck of a long time:(

Gold Coast obviously more likely will become very competitive with GWS it will take a bit of time.

azabob
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Gold Coast obviously more likely will become very competitive with GWS it will take a bit of time.

Not so sure about that. I think GWS will beat GC this year.

Eastdog
05-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Who do you apart from probably Gold Coast GWS will get the closest to.

Eastdog
05-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Crows win a thriller. 5 seconds more the Swans could have won. There is not really any outstanding team.

Remi Moses
05-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Great win by Adelaide.
Draw opens up for them, Tallia of the Daniel Variety was good.
Noticed the kicking style as same as Michael's.
Freo very lucky, haven't watched the Saints Hawk game , but sounds like Cyril was immense.
Stkilda are in draft no mans land. Can't see us finishing below Brissie.

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Next week or do they play again? All signs next week are pointing to the Suns getting over the line, they deserved to win against Freo just couldn't finish it off.

Go_Dogs
06-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Didn't catch the game, but sounds like it was some effort from Harley Bennell yesterday. 37 touches and 3 goals - not bad for a second year player who's just finding his feet.

chef
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM

They will only take 3 seasons to become a decent side.

chef
06-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Didn't catch the game, but sounds like it was some effort from Harley Bennell yesterday. 37 touches and 3 goals - not bad for a second year player who's just finding his feet.

He's going to be a super star and GC are going to have a few of thoses.

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Dogs lost. Crows won. Liverpool lost.
Can it get any worse???

Jeez I dislike the cows.

chef
06-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Dogs lost. Crows won. Liverpool lost.
Can it get any worse???

Jeez I dislike the cows.

My weekend wasn't to bad.

comrade
06-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Which player would you take?

Harley Bennell or Cyril Rioli.

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Both.
Pressed the younger of the two

Rocco Jones
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Harley.

3 years younger, looks like he will have a better balance of outstanding burts and consistency and Cyril has issues with his body.

Smorgo talked the talk about stealing back some kids from GC and GWS. Harley is out of contract at year's end. Yeah he is a WA boy but so was Clark. Surely we have more cap space then Freo and WCE. Cue Sockeye to come in with his big boys can pay more than the cap stuff, if that's true well we are just stuffed anyway. Really fits the type of player we need. Young, fast and skillful. If we can't make a genuine play, the understandably cynical reaction towards Smorgo's raid calls will be validated.

Like a man going through a mid-life crisis we need to get Harley.

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Need mjp to get in Harley's ear as I think he coached him for a short while

westdog54
06-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Harley, just. Seems a real find if he can keep focused on footy.

While where discussing the GC what are people making of Karmichael's second season.

He'll never be a superstar but I think he will end up being a solid and consistent grunt midfielder.

Seems to be getting better every week. I'm just shattered I took Steven Morris over him in my SC team.

Remi Moses
06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Is Callan Ward playing?
For a bloke on nearly a million a season, unsighted

comrade
06-05-2012, 04:18 PM
While where discussing the GC what are people making of Karmichael's second season.

He'll never be a superstar but I think he will end up being a solid and consistent grunt midfielder.

Since trimming down, he's looked pretty impressive. His lateral movement in traffic is very good and you can see that he is starting to understand where he needs to run. He kicks it better than Clay Smith...

For a guy in his second year at the highest level, he's going ok. If he was 20, we'd be pronouncing him a future star :D

Rocco Jones
06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Is Callan Ward playing?
For a bloke on nearly a million a season, unsighted

I think GWS forgot to read the fine print about his ability to shake a tag.

Seriously though, I have said it a lot lately but the attention players receive/don't receive from the opposition is the most underrated aspect when it comes to rating a player (hope that makes sense!). So, SO much easier to play when you have freedom and that seems to be ignored by the larger football community. Basically it's a lot easier to be Matthew Boyd than Ryan Griffen and so on.

Ward was very damaging in his first couple of weeks and now is getting the tag. He is easily their #1 mid and teams can afford to put a hard tag on him without having to worry about freeing up others. Hope he has fun with that!

Wish we still had him. :(

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/timeon-afl-investigates-timekeeping-blunder-20120506-1y6nh.html
I seriously hope Aker wasnt doing this game.

Ghost Dog
06-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Since trimming down, he's looked pretty impressive. His lateral movement in traffic is very good and you can see that he is starting to understand where he needs to run. He kicks it better than Clay Smith...

For a guy in his second year at the highest level, he's going ok. If he was 20, we'd be pronouncing him a future star :D

Nuggety. Nice, straight, set shot. I'd have him over Isreal.

Remi Moses
06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Bloody Hill, looked disinterested with us but playing well with the Eagles:mad:
West Coast's ability to cope with mounting injuries is highly commendable.
Norf are in that bunch fighting for a 7 or 8 spot, they're treading water

Maddog37
06-05-2012, 09:24 PM
North look improved to me and would look better with an in form Goldstein playing too.

Sedat
06-05-2012, 09:48 PM
North look improved to me and would look better with an in form Goldstein playing too.Goldstein and Macintosh are interchangable and add very little incremental value when they both play in the same side. They are both fantastic mobile ruckmen but they thrive on rucking the majority of games and don't work well rucking 50-50. I hope they both play next week because it is North's running power and midfield depth that has me very worried, and one less midfield in the rotation mix would certainly help.

Rocco Jones
06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Goldstein and Macintosh are interchangable and add very little incremental value when they both play in the same side. They are both fantastic mobile ruckmen but they thrive on rucking the majority of games and don't work well rucking 50-50. I hope they both play next week because it is North's running power and midfield depth that has me very worried, and one less midfield in the rotation mix would certainly help.

Yep.

Great ruck combos (or anything really) are worth more than the sum of their parts. Macintosh and Goldstein are the opposite of that.

BulldogBelle
06-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Port Adelaide are a side just not interested. And after watching Matthew Primus during the game (a story showing Ports preperation), and his presser after, his neck is on the block. He is a droll, boring, uninspiring speaker, and palms the blame off to the playing list with ease. Comment such as"they were to good for us" and "thats where were at" are all he could offer. My tip - Budda Hocking: welcome to senior coaching. Primus to be gone by round 10.
A note to Matthew Primus - its your job to motivate the team to play its best, and to get them to apply pressure so the opposition can't play at their best, and then you might even knock off a side that on paper, is better than you. "They were to good for us"!!!! Guess what Matty, it's your job to coach the team in such a way that when they are better than us, you can manage to win anyway.

Remi Moses
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Port Fan Hoops? Uninspiring Primus( reminds me of Rohde, sure he's not pulling the strings?)
He just can't get anything out of their group, look for a change at the end of the season.

Ghost Dog
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM
How many head high frees did Port give away in this game? Whistle after whistle after whistle....

LostDoggy
06-05-2012, 10:52 PM
I watched Josh Hill tonight a little and felt like wringing his neck. He did everything he never did for us at WC. Lead for the ball, worked hard. All we got was gutless and self centered.
I blame no one but Josh. Rocket Eade has every right to put a little responsibility on him for losing his job.

Remi Moses
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Goldstein and Macintosh are interchangable and add very little incremental value when they both play in the same side. They are both fantastic mobile ruckmen but they thrive on rucking the majority of games and don't work well rucking 50-50. I hope they both play next week because it is North's running power and midfield depth that has me very worried, and one less midfield in the rotation mix would certainly help.

North should have traded Mcintosh,has currency in the market.

BulldogBelle
06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Port Fan Hoops? Uninspiring Primus( reminds me of Rohde, sure he's not pulling the strings?)
He just can't get anything out of their group, look for a change at the end of the season.

No, Doggies all the way!!! Just can't stand poor coaches at AFL level. It's bad for the game.

bornadog
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I watched Josh Hill tonight a little and felt like wringing his neck. He did everything he never did for us at WC. Lead for the ball, worked hard. All we got was gutless and self centered.
I blame no one but Josh. Rocket Eade has every right to put a little responsibility on him for losing his job.

We all new he had the talent, but his attitude was woeful when he was with us.

bornadog
06-05-2012, 11:39 PM
No, Doggies all the way!!! Just can't stand poor coaches at AFL level. It's bad for the game.

I think it was a sarcastic remark.:p

Desipura
07-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Maybe just maybe......... Rocket is partly to blame for not getting the best out of Hill, rather than blaming Hill for Rockets demise.

chef
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Maybe just maybe......... Rocket is partly to blame for not getting the best out of Hill, rather than blaming Hill for Rockets demise.

Agree, Worsfold seems to know how to get the best out of Josh. Wish he was still here:(.

Murphy'sLore
08-05-2012, 02:57 PM
We all new he had the talent, but his attitude was woeful when he was with us.

Homesick maybe? (I know Broome is a long way from Perth, but still...) Maybe he's happier now and that's coming out in his game.

LostDoggy
09-05-2012, 08:24 AM
My weekend wasn't to bad.

4 goal turn around this morning, probably killed your champions league hopes.
Weird team Liverpool, opposite of the dogs, able to beat teams above them but can't consistently beat the lower teams...

chef
09-05-2012, 08:27 AM
4 goal turn around this morning, probably killed your champions league hopes.
Weird team Liverpool, opposite of the dogs, able to beat teams above them but can't consistently beat the lower teams...

No offence but we conceded this match before kick off when we played our B side(we are resting players for next weekend which is understandable and had 8 changes from our FA Cup winning team). Our CL hopes are still alive and when considering we have just beaten the best team in the world over two legs I can't be anything but confident going into the final.

LostDoggy
09-05-2012, 03:02 PM
No offence but we conceded this match before kick off when we played our B side(we are resting players for next weekend which is understandable and had 8 changes from our FA Cup winning team). Our CL hopes are still alive and when considering we have just beaten the best team in the world over two legs I can't be anything but confident going into the final.

A bit sensitive mate? I was referring to finishing high enough to obtai auto qualification for next years C/L.
Good luck in the final, be confident and just remember that anything can happen in that match... I watched a irretrievable 3-0 losing margin turn in to a memorable win some years ago.

chef
09-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Sorry mate, just a bit peeved(and a little sensitive:o) with how we went today.

Greystache
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
There's a soccer thread guys, this thread is for AFL discussion.

LostDoggy
09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Sorry mate, just a bit peeved(and a little sensitive:o) with how we went today.

All good my man, I know the feeling... I follow the dogs and Liverpool. 80 years between premierships if I add them together.