PDA

View Full Version : Replacement game/reserved seats

Rocco Jones
06-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Sorry for posting a thread on this but two things.

1/ Is next week a replacement game?
2/ Do reserved seat holders get designated a bay?

I have tried searching for it but come up with nothing. Once again apologies if it helps no one else!

AndrewP6
06-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I think it is a replacement game. I found this, and it mentions it in "the fine print" near the bottom.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/Round8InterstateTicketingBookingFormedit.pdf

Not sure on the reserved seat question.

azabob
06-05-2012, 08:27 PM
What is the Replacement Game?
A:

Replacement Game 2012

Please note that there is only ONE replacement game for the 2012 Season.

The replacement game for those members who cannot attend Round 8, Western Bulldogs versus Gold Coast Suns on Saturday, 19th May at TIO Stadium will be Round 7, Sunday, 13th May North Melbourne versus Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium at 1.10pm.

This is officially a home game for North Melbourne therefore members cannot use their home game seats.

Please note that members who use their membership tickets to gain entry into Round 7, the North Melbourne game will be UNABLE TO USE them for Round 8, Gold Coast Suns game at TIO Stadium.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/faqs/tabid/14508/default.aspx

Rocco Jones
06-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys.

LostDoggy
09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I didn't know until Monday it was the replacement game either Rocco. I thought it might be & rang the club. The club have put it in the email I just received. It's a shame we don't get a designated area for reserved seat holders. Must only be Collingwood who get that at away games. ;)

azabob
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
. The club have put it in the email I just received. It's a shame we don't get a designated area for reserved seat holders. Must only be Collingwood who get that at away games. ;)

Jokes aside Suz I think this is just as frustrating as what happened at the Collingwood game, we pay for our 12 or 18 game membership with allocated reserve seating but we don't get to sit in it for our 12 or 18 games.

The Adelaide Connection
10-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Just a quick question, I have moved house recently and seem to have placed my Membership card somewhere "safe". The likelihood of me finding that place before I fly out tomorrow is not all that high.

I know at Aami Stadium if you are a Crows/Port member and forget your card they can issue you a printed ticket at the gate, does the same apply at Etihad? Or if I go down to the club can they issue me a ticket if I give them my membership details?

Greystache
10-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Just a quick question, I have moved house recently and seem to have placed my Membership card somewhere "safe". The likelihood of me finding that place before I fly out tomorrow is not all that high.

I know at Aami Stadium if you are a Crows/Port member and forget your card they can issue you a printed ticket at the gate, does the same apply at Etihad? Or if I go down to the club can they issue me a ticket if I give them my membership details?

If you go to training tomorrow I would address it then, some people I know have had difficulty getting their memberships this year and the club has printed them replacement tickets, but if you leave it to gameday my bet is you'll be forking out for another ticket.

LostDoggy
10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Jokes aside Suz I think this is just as frustrating as what happened at the Collingwood game, we pay for our 12 or 18 game membership with allocated reserve seating but we don't get to sit in it for our 12 or 18 games.

True azabob. I remember a few years ago we were given some bays of seats at the MCG, on level one in the centre which were for Bulldogs reserved seat holders. Great seats & made you feel you were at least getting something for having paid for a reserved seat that you weren't getting. I don't know why this couldn't be done at Etihad this Sunday, it's not like there will be a huge crowd. Even if they were on level 3 a designated Bulldogs area would be a nice gesture by they club. This is part of the reason I only buy an 11 game membership, the 18 game seems a waste of money when we usually play 5 games interstate. This year 6 if you count Gellong which many of us won't be able to get in to. (It actually says on the back of the 18 game membership admission to home and away games in MELBOURNE which does not include Geelong).

LostDoggy
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM

A few years ago a friend left his membership ticket at home. As we have reserved seats we told the lady at the ticket box which seat number he had & she re-issued a ticket for him. Cost him $5 from memory. But if you go to training, as Greystache suggested, try to sort it out then. Good luck & hope we win for you on Sunday! :)

Daughter of the West
10-05-2012, 01:45 PM

I went hunting for my 2012 membership card on the Saturday before our West Coast game and couldn't find it. I went to the membership tent at Etihad Stadium (near the footbridge from Spencer St station) and spoke the them about it. They gave me a paper ticket for the game and took my name to send me a replacement card at a cost of $10. I don't know how much it would cost if you didn't need a new card though.

I was surprised, however, that they didn't appear to have any way to verify that I was actually a paid up member. I could have just wandered up and gotten a ticket that way, rather than paying the full fee to buy a GA ticket to get into the stadium! :eek:

bornadog
10-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I went hunting for my 2012 membership card on the Saturday before our West Coast game and couldn't find it. I went to the membership tent at Etihad Stadium (near the footbridge from Spencer St station) and spoke the them about it. They gave me a paper ticket for the game and took my name to send me a replacement card at a cost of $10. I don't know how much it would cost if you didn't need a new card though.

I was surprised, however, that they didn't appear to have any way to verify that I was actually a paid up member. I could have just wandered up and gotten a ticket that way, rather than paying the full fee to buy a GA ticket to get into the stadium! :eek:

We are all honest people at the Doggies;)

The Adelaide Connection
11-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the help/suggestions :)