PDA

View Full Version : Worthy of a punt? North Game

Ghost Dog
08-05-2012, 10:47 AM
North Melbourne Kangaroos

Western Bulldogs

I reckon their backline looks suspect. Could be a winner!

Mofra
08-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I reckon their backline looks suspect. Could be a winner!
We are ranked 18th in scoring efficiency from F50 entries though. Good luck if you do go the punt GD

Ghost Dog
08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Their hopelessness is nullified by ours you mean ^_^

Sedat
08-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Whilst the W/L ratio doesn't quite reflect this, I reckon Norf are going better than Collingwood at the moment so it will be a difficult assignment on Sunday.

DragzLS1
08-05-2012, 11:18 AM
If you are going the punt I would say back the line.

Would be something like + 38.5 for the dogs. Throw it in a multi with essendon and westcoast total match points over line.

I dont have a gambling problem I swear................. :D

G-Mo77
08-05-2012, 11:19 AM
The WA trip brings them back a little but still think they'll be to strong.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Whilst the W/L ratio doesn't quite reflect this, I reckon Norf are going better than Collingwood at the moment so it will be a difficult assignment on Sunday.

Have you seen their backline? They have a total of about 40 games experience between the lot of them, barring Scott. Reckon it's a 50/50 bet at worst. Going to be a tight game.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2012, 11:24 AM
If you are going the punt I would say back the line.

Would be something like + 38.5 for the dogs. Throw it in a multi with essendon and westcoast total match points over line.

I dont have a gambling problem I swear................. :D

Sorry, but google translate couldn't help me on this one! :D lol.

Hot_Doggies
08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Save your cash and load up on GCS beating us the following week.

bornadog
08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Waste of money

DragzLS1
08-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry, but google translate couldn't help me on this one! :D lol.

haha I think we are in with a chance but worst case will be a close game. We could have beat collingwood so we are definately in with a chance against a young backline. Also think the west coast trip wil take it out of them especially seeing they only get a 7 day break after a very wearing game and we are going in off a 9 day break :)

Think we are definately a chance! I might throw a lazy $50 on it see what happens

Ghost Dog
08-05-2012, 12:09 PM
haha I think we are in with a chance but worst case will be a close game. We could have beat collingwood so we are definately in with a chance against a young backline. Also think the west coast trip wil take it out of them especially seeing they only get a 7 day break after a very wearing game and we are going in off a 9 day break :)

Think we are definately a chance! I might throw a lazy $50 on it see what happens

Good luck with the lazy 50 clams. For sure! I can't see the gloomy pooh pooh negative picture others are painting. We are in with a chance most definitely. had a good gander at the Kangas earlier in the season - they looked very good, run it well, but don't think they are that much better than Collingwood? Last week will have fired a few of our senior boys up and they will be looking to atone for their late bouts of disposalitis.

Cyberdoggie
08-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Have you seen their backline? They have a total of about 40 games experience between the lot of them, barring Scott. Reckon it's a 50/50 bet at worst. Going to be a tight game.

Yeah they have definately conceeded more than Collingwood and the Saints.
This may assist us a little, although we will need to be tight in defence and contain Petrie who loves playing against us. Also find some more run options out of defence with Wood injured.

Remi Moses
08-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Need to stop Petrie to win.
We're in with a shout, no doubt.
That effort in Perth is deceiving as West Coast should have won by more.
Also take into account the injuries the Eagles have as well

stefoid
08-05-2012, 05:03 PM
North supporters are lamenting how soft certain of their midfielders are. If we can smash them in the contests like we did in the rpeseason with our B team, we should account for them depsite our forward line.

I think sherman is probably due for a big game too.

SonofScray
08-05-2012, 10:04 PM
North supporters are lamenting how soft certain of their midfielders are. If we can smash them in the contests like we did in the rpeseason with our B team, we should account for them depsite our forward line.

I think sherman is probably due for a big game too.

Would be nice. I hate North fans, very bitter and twisted individuals.

Mantis
08-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Good luck with the lazy 50 clams. For sure! I can't see the gloomy pooh pooh negative picture others are painting. We are in with a chance most definitely. had a good gander at the Kangas earlier in the season - they looked very good, run it well, but don't think they are that much better than Collingwood? Last week will have fired a few of our senior boys up and they will be looking to atone for their late bouts of disposalitis.

Which players in particular?

LostDoggy
08-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Worthy of a punt? Yes Ghostdog. But maybe take the line.

Ghost Dog
09-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Which players in particular?

Sir Higgins and Sir Murphy. Perhaps Bob Dylan Addison.

Ghost Dog
09-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Worthy of a punt? Yes Ghostdog. But maybe take the line.

So does that mean, split a bet over three games? Sorry, not up with betting parlance.

Remi Moses
09-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Would be nice. I hate North fans, very bitter and twisted individuals.

Norf always the victim. Some supporter called up SEN and complained about the fixture, yet they play GWS and GC twice!:rolleyes:
Reckon Rohan Connolly's dumped his Bombres for them too.
He's about due for a warm fuzzy norf article

Mantis
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Sir Higgins and Sir Murphy. Perhaps Bob Dylan Addison.

Higgins and especially Addison aren't consistent performers.

So does that mean, split a bet over three games? Sorry, not up with betting parlance.

Line betting means a side gives/ gets a points start for an even money bet.

Eg. The normal line betting is at $1.92.

At this amount we would get a points start, maybe 20. North would give a start.

So if you had $20 at the line on us and we got within 20 points you would win $38.40.

LostDoggy
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Im not punting lately but Dogs 1-19 @ $5.25 looks pretty good.