PDA

View Full Version : What opposition are saying about us 2012

Ghost Dog
13-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Brad Scott

"When you look at the quality of Boyd and Griff, they were a huge concern for us, even before the bounce today. "

"The plan we went with today to curtail those two today clearly didn't work.
They are quality, top line, inside midfielders. "

"Picken is a very good, dour tagging player. I thought Picken did a very good job on Boomer."

"Particularly from Boyd and Griffen, we were taught a lesson today. "

"Their ability to pressure us around the ball was palpable."

Scott Thompson " At times it looked like we were kicking the ball to Brian Lake, not Drew Petrie."

Eastdog
13-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Brad Scott

"When you look at the quality of Boyd and Griff, they were a huge concern for us, even before the bounce today. "

"The plan we went with today to curtail those two today clearly didn't work.
They are quality, top line, inside midfielders. "

"Picken is a very good, dour tagging player. I thought Picken did a very good job on Boomer."

"Particularly from Boyd and Griffen, we were taught a lesson today. "

"Their ability to pressure us around the ball was palpable."

Scott Thompson " At times it looked like we were kicking the ball to Brian Lake, not Drew Petrie."

Great praise from Brad Scott for us who clearly thought we were too good for North today.

Rocco Jones
13-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I hate saying I am proud of something I don't directly affect but if I wasn't like that I would say I am very proud of them at the moment. Two games where our endeavour has been awesome.

bornadog
13-05-2012, 11:30 PM
I hate saying I am proud of something I don't directly affect but if I wasn't like that I would say I am very proud of them at the moment. Two games where our endeavour has been awesome.

I thought our endeavour in the first three quarters against West Coast was pretty good, except we gave away four free kicks in front of goal and lost by a good margin in the end. The Adelaide game was also pretty good, we hit the front at the start of the last quarter but couldn't sustain it. Other than the Saints game, we have been very competitive and the boys are starting to learn how Macca wants us to play,

Dry Rot
13-05-2012, 11:32 PM
I thought our endeavour in the first three quarters against West Coast was pretty good, except we gave away four free kicks in front of goal and lost by a good margin in the end. The Adelaide game was also pretty good, we hit the front at the start of the last quarter but couldn't sustain it. Other than the Saints game, we have been very competitive and the boys are starting to learn how Macca wants us to play,

Did you hear about Macca's message to the players as they came out for the third quarter? (According to ABC radio)

"BE RUTHLESS!"

LostDoggy
13-05-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/135645/default.aspx

We just ground them to a pulp with the contested possessions , they just did,nt have an alternate plan to reverse the situation

Rocco Jones
13-05-2012, 11:39 PM

I just love the manic workrate. Hard work is great but it is a league full of hard work and talent. I think you can make up for talent but it doesn't require hard work, it requires being manic.

Dry Rot
13-05-2012, 11:41 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/135645/default.aspx

We just ground them to a pulp with the contested possessions , they just did,nt have an alternate plan to reverse the situation

When your FB is your best player, you know you're in trouble. Thompson sounded like he played very well under siege.

Dry Rot
13-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I just love the manic workrate. Hard work is great but it is a league full of hard work and talent. I think you can make up for talent but it doesn't require hard work, it requires being manic.

Only heard it on radio - how did our effort today compare with our effort for most of the Pies game?

Rocco Jones
13-05-2012, 11:42 PM
When your FB is your best player, you know you're in trouble. Thompson sounded like he played very well under siege.

I had our FB as our 2nd best player :)

Dry Rot
13-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I had our FB as our 2nd best player :)

Yes, but poor old Thompson had no mates playing well. Sounds like we kept him busy.

Re Lake today, how often has Petrie given us grief? Good to see him kept quiet

bornadog
13-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Only heard it on radio - how did our effort today compare with our effort for most of the Pies game?

Take it this way, we should have won by ten goals. We had 63 more disposals, 10 more clearances, 50 more contested possessions and 11 more inside 50's.

Dry Rot
14-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Take it this way, we should have won by ten goals. We had 63 more disposals, 10 more clearances, 50 more contested possessions and 11 more inside 50's.

Thanks.

The ABC radio guys thought we were well on top. Moreover, they pretty well thought North didn't turn up to play in the first half.

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 12:05 AM

They actually dropped a player back to give Thompson a hand at one stage , did,nt really work very well it just made them want to hand pass even more instead of kicking to a target , our pressure just cut off their field vision , we just forced them to change the way they played , a North player in possession was faced with players running toward him to accept a handball , Thomas and Anthony became their most dangerous players as they were prepared to run and carry to try to create something or score themselves they had 3 goals assists between them

Any team who saw the match knows that week by week as the game plan gels we are going to be harder and harder to beat unless you can control the contested possessions

Dry Rot
14-05-2012, 12:18 AM
They actually dropped a player back to give Thompson a hand at one stage , did,nt really work very well it just made them want to hand pass even more instead of kicking to a target , our pressure just cut off their field vision , we just forced them to change the way they played , a North player in possession was faced with players running toward him to accept a handball , Thomas and Anthony became their most dangerous players as they were prepared to run and carry to try to create something or score themselves they had 3 goals assists between them

Any team who saw the match knows that week by week as the game plan gels we are going to be harder and harder to beat unless you can control the contested possessions

So our forwards put on great and consistent defensive pressure?

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 01:08 AM
So our forwards put on great and consistent defensive pressure?

Dickson made 8 tackles , Cordy made 4 , Gia 2 but it was more of a case that our structure and zoning and our midfielders working hard to pressure and lock the ball in stopped them from rebounding , we had 59 inside 50,s we did turn the ball over but we were prepared to close up any space , at one stage 75% of the total possessions for both teams was in our forward 50

Dry Rot
14-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Dickson made 8 tackles , Cordy made 4 , Gia 2 but it was more of a case that our structure and zoning and our midfielders working hard to pressure and lock the ball in stopped them from rebounding , we had 59 inside 50,s we did turn the ball over but we were prepared to close up any space , at one stage 75% of the total possessions for both teams was in our forward 50

That's a big change from recent seasons, when the ball used to just ping straight back out of our forward line.

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 01:39 AM
That's a big change from recent seasons, when the ball used to just ping straight back out of our forward line.

Its something we have struggled with for a very long time.

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 10:11 AM

I haven't seen the game....
At the risk of picking at scabs and turning this thread into another "Key Forward" disscussion. Are you saying that is where the team lacked again? Good work over the ground but not finishing?

bornadog
14-05-2012, 10:16 AM
At the risk of picking at scabs and turning this thread into another "Key Forward" disscussion. Are you saying that is where the team lacked again? Good work over the ground but not finishing?

With the opportunities we gave our forwards we should have won by a lot more. I guess the delivery into the forwrad line is still not great, but hey, I am complaining:)

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Yep. Inside 50s good. Thought the delivery was better than early this year. Cordy, Roughead and Grant didn't take many marks and were easily pushed off the ball. Cordy took a few in second half. MIssed a sitter.

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks.

The ABC radio guys thought we were well on top. Moreover, they pretty well thought North didn't turn up to play in the first half.

Hope you get to watch it . The scoreline was a not a true reflection of how well we played.
Our midfield is starting to look scary and deep.. We wore them down in the middle time and time again despite our forward line still finding its feet. IF ONE OF CORDY OR ROUGHY OR JONES OR GRANT become elite.. and i mean ELITE..we could win a flag in 14- 16. With Gia or Higgins to play the Johnno (end of his career Johnno) role (slow but smart and reliable kick) ..In defence we need 2 of shaggy, morris, murphy or lake to hang in there until the 32/33 yo mark. Williams and Wood and maybe even bloody old DFA will still be there. next year we will play finals imo .

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Hope you get to watch it . The scoreline was a not a true reflection of how well we played.
Our midfield is starting to look scary and deep.. We wore them down in the middle time and time again despite our forward line still finding its feet. IF ONE OF CORDY OR ROUGHY OR JONES OR GRANT become elite.. and i mean ELITE..we could win a flag in 14- 16. With Gia or Higgins to play the Johnno (end of his career Johnno) role (slow but smart and reliable kick) ..In defence we need 2 of shaggy, morris, murphy or lake to hang in there until the 32/33 yo mark. Williams and Wood and maybe even bloody old DFA will still be there. next year we will play finals imo .

Too much can change in such a long period as two to four years, but I think you've got some good points here. We're looking forward without even considering players we can draft/trade in that time, and it's not a bleak picture.

ledge
14-05-2012, 05:57 PM
What I noticed yesterday was the runner telling one of our smaller players to get ot of the space in front of Cordy.
My conclusion is our forward line is not spreading just yet to allow different options, we seem to be all wanting the ball but leading or going to the same spot.
But I could actually see that Macca is also working hard on our forward line confidence and structure.
We are coming along nicely, but in my opinion Jones has been holding us back recently, maybe its his postioning or something but I think we looked better down there with Cordy.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2012, 07:42 PM

I read today that Griff had 11 inside 50's in the first quarter alone. It was pure joy watching replays of Scott in the box, steaming up the glass and throwing tantrums. We had a similar effect on Nathan Buckley last week. Coaches are starting to get headaches over us. I like it.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2012, 07:44 PM
What I noticed yesterday was the runner telling one of our smaller players to get ot of the space in front of Cordy.
My conclusion is our forward line is not spreading just yet to allow different options, we seem to be all wanting the ball but leading or going to the same spot.
But I could actually see that Macca is also working hard on our forward line confidence and structure.
We are coming along nicely, but in my opinion Jones has been holding us back recently, maybe its his postioning or something but I think we looked better down there with Cordy.

Ah maybe. Ethihad has no wind, and yesterday we were getting tons of ball. Jones has had a few lean patches to match our formerly miserable delivery into the f50.

AndrewP6
14-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I read today that Griff had 11 inside 50's in the first quarter alone. It was pure joy watching replays of Scott in the box, steaming up the glass and throwing tantrums. We had a similar effect on Nathan Buckley last week. Coaches are starting to get headaches over us. I like it.

At one point in the first qtr, Griff had more inside 50s than North Melbourne. :)

Ghost Dog
14-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Well how about Dickson? He's a very cool customer in front of goal, but stronger than Gia. 4 goals is a good haul and one thing he does do well is slot them. A lovely kicking action.
Still, only one game.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2012, 07:49 PM
At one point in the first qtr, Griff had more inside 50s than North Melbourne. :)

LOL is that so? It was a fine fine day indeed.

LostDoggy
14-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Well how about Dickson? He's a very cool customer in front of goal, but stronger than Gia. 4 goals is a good haul and one thing he does do well is slot them. A lovely kicking action.
Still, only one game.

Last year Tory had 48 shots at goal and never missed , not bad for an almost part-time player , 48 straight

AndrewP6
14-05-2012, 07:54 PM
LOL is that so? It was a fine fine day indeed.

Yep, it was good to see.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Last year Tory had 48 shots at goal and never missed , not bad for an almost part-time player , 48 straight

Amazing!
This guy is the Dale Morris of our forward line. A toiler who is making it on the big stage.

Go_Dogs
14-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Yep. Inside 50s good. Thought the delivery was better than early this year. Cordy, Roughead and Grant didn't take many marks and were easily pushed off the ball. Cordy took a few in second half. MIssed a sitter.

Agree with the first part, with the second I'm not too concerned at this stage if Cordy and Roughy aren't clunking every attempt (and Grant's probably not likely to ever be a massive pack mark), but they need to get better at splitting a contest and bringing the ball to ground. A few times when this did happen and we had blokes like Sherman, Dahlhaus and Griffen at the fall and we looked very dangerous.

Overall we ended up with what must have been our most ever contested marks in a game, so we can't be too critical. Cordy had 4, Grant 2 and Roughead 1. If Dickson continues on he could well be the other mid-sized marking target we've been lacking. It's a work in progress, but I can see improvement.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Read somewhere today that the differential in disposals was the greatest in the club's history.

w3design
15-05-2012, 12:01 AM

I have the feeling after watching this game, that our much maligned forward line has the potential to become more dangerous, even before anyone actually achieves "elite" status. If our midfield can continue it's improvement and delivery, I could see Jonesy quickly becoming dangerous if Cordy keeps improving each week, he should need watching. So with Dickson also requiring a good defender, it may not have Jones with two or three opponents each time the ball comes in. With Missy, Gia and Coons, all of a sudden that forward 50 starts to look dangerous.

If you then have Griff., Dal and Shermo streaming in from the midfield, suddenly it is a whole new ball game down there. But it all depends on the continued development and pressure in the middle.

LostDoggy
15-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Agree with the first part, with the second I'm not too concerned at this stage if Cordy and Roughy aren't clunking every attempt (and Grant's probably not likely to ever be a massive pack mark), but they need to get better at splitting a contest and bringing the ball to ground. A few times when this did happen and we had blokes like Sherman, Dahlhaus and Griffen at the fall and we looked very dangerous.

Overall we ended up with what must have been our most ever contested marks in a game, so we can't be too critical. Cordy had 4, Grant 2 and Roughead 1. If Dickson continues on he could well be the other mid-sized marking target we've been lacking. It's a work in progress, but I can see improvement.

Not too concerned about contested marks either. It's the easy ones that are being missed either dropped or getting out bodied. Some easy shots are being missed too. I understand they are in development.
With the dominance upfield we didn't really capitalize.

hujsh
15-05-2012, 08:18 AM

Where did you read that? If true it's not received much of a mention for what is an incredible statistic.

Dancin' Douggy
15-05-2012, 09:56 AM

If that's true, and I'm presuming it is. It's an amazing stat. Unhuman even!

LostDoggy
15-05-2012, 10:23 AM
If that's true, and I'm presuming it is. It's an amazing stat. Unhuman even!

I once went through the whole year without kicking a point

2 goals 0 points

Mofra
15-05-2012, 10:25 AM
North as a team had 8 contested marks in total and they were planning on stretching our defence.

Cordy in game 6 to clunk 4 contested marks is a brilliant effort

LostDoggy
15-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Where did you read that? If true it's not received much of a mention for what is an incredible statistic.

I was going to post the 2011 vfl stat page for GD but I can,t find the damn thing , when we drafted him it was one of the first things that came up in a google search but now its buried in 2012 stats and articles , I tried last night and this morning but no dice , I,m sure it was the sportingpulse page and one other that I found first , the sportingpulse page won,t go backwards and that one if I remember just stated it in one line - 2011 games goals etc , the other page I found first listed each game by date - thats the page I,d love to find again

I suppose we will just have to get Tory to confirm it

1eyedog
15-05-2012, 10:59 AM

48 shots at goal for the whole year? Didn't get much of it then did he? You would be hoping for 70-80 shots at goal from a player playing full forward all year with a 40-50 goal pass mark. Lucky he's straight otherwise he would have returned 20-30 for the year.

Maddog37
15-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Sorry guys, hate to be a party pooper but no way.....just no way he kicked 48 straight.

Bulldog Joe
15-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I was going to post the 2011 vfl stat page for GD but I can,t find the damn thing , when we drafted him it was one of the first things that came up in a google search but now its buried in 2012 stats and articles , I tried last night and this morning but no dice , I,m sure it was the sportingpulse page and one other that I found first , the sportingpulse page won,t go backwards and that one if I remember just stated it in one line - 2011 games goals etc , the other page I found first listed each game by date - thats the page I,d love to find again

I suppose we will just have to get Tory to confirm it

Those VFL stats are a bit hard to follow.

When I have looked at them it seems to be

G - Goals Kicked
B - Number of times in Best players.

This could mean that Dickson kicked 48 goals without ever getting listed in the best players.

This could have occurred if Essendon were simply trying to keep him off everyone's radar so they could get him cheaply.

AndrewP6
15-05-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure it was 48 straight. I know he kicked 48 last year, but I'm not sure it was without a miss.

LostDoggy
15-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure it was 48 straight. I know he kicked 48 last year, but I'm not sure it was without a miss.

It was definitely 48 straight , as I said before the damn stats ( buried in Google ) I first saw had Goals and Behinds for each Round for 2011 and there were no Behinds listed , I thought it might be a mistake but the sportingpulse page ( which has also refused to play nice ) showed a single line for Tory Dickson with total games , goals and behinds ,again no behinds listed , two totally separate websites saying the same thing is solid enough for me to post it as fact , also as I said before the best way would be to get Tory to confirm it himself

Any Google search now ( and I,ve tried for hours ) just spits out 2012 stats and very little else , I,m damn good at digging information out of Google but this has beaten me , when we drafted him it was the the third or fourth search item down when you searched for " Tory Dickson VFL stats 2011" now its a total desert , nothing nada zip , the Essendon site , the Bendigo Bombers site , VFL none of them go backwards properly , I,ve gone as far as 40 or 50 pages in and no dice

It was 48 straight and we just need Tory to confirm it , Google refuses to cough up the stats

hujsh
15-05-2012, 10:33 PM
It was definitely 48 straight , as I said before the damn stats ( buried in Google ) I first saw had Goals and Behinds for each Round for 2011 and there were no Behinds listed , I thought it might be a mistake but the sportingpulse page ( which has also refused to play nice ) showed a single line for Tory Dickson with total games , goals and behinds ,again no behinds listed , two totally separate websites saying the same thing is solid enough for me to post it as fact , also as I said before the best way would be to get Tory to confirm it himself

Any Google search now ( and I,ve tried for hours ) just spits out 2012 stats and very little else , I,m damn good at digging information out of Google but this has beaten me , when we drafted him it was the the third or fourth search item down when you searched for " Tory Dickson VFL stats 2011" now its a total desert , nothing nada zip , the Essendon site , the Bendigo Bombers site , VFL none of them go backwards properly , I,ve gone as far as 40 or 50 pages in and no dice

It was 48 straight and we just need Tory to confirm it , Google refuses to cough up the stats

It's as Bulldogs Joe said, G is goals and B is bests on the sportingpulse website. They don't list behinds.

LostDoggy
15-05-2012, 10:50 PM
It's as Bulldogs Joe said, G is goals and B is bests on the sportingpulse website. They don't list behinds.

No No No , Thats now , Not before

In 2011 when Tory was drafted all the stats you wanted were available , not now , buried , 2011 easy , 2012 5 hours and nothing

sportingpulse had the full stats in one line as I said , the other site had every round

I,m wishing now I had of bookmarked instead all this rubbish

Only Tory can confirm it now

Hotdog60
15-05-2012, 11:20 PM
No No No , Thats now , Not before

In 2011 when Tory was drafted all the stats you wanted were available , not now , buried , 2011 easy , 2012 5 hours and nothing

sportingpulse had the full stats in one line as I said , the other site had every round

I,m wishing now I had of bookmarked instead all this rubbish

Only Tory can confirm it now

WD can you check your history in the web browser and check the listings the day you went on. history is stored up to 3 weeks back.

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 12:01 AM
WD can you check your history in the web browser and check the listings the day you went on. history is stored up to 3 weeks back.

Mate , it was draft day 2011 , no dice , as soon as we drafted Tory I Googled the stats, it was very easy then not now , as I said they are are now buried , I,ve searched for about 5 hours , as you suggest I,ll see if my history can show the page

Just have get Tory to confirm

Remi Moses
16-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Just hope we don't draft any more Tory's:D
We stopped one of their strengths ( handballing and linking out of the back 50)
They seriously didn't know what to do with that pressure.
Stop Wells and staging diver Harvey and you beat Norf.
Personally reckon Scott talks to much

Hotdog60
16-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Mate , it was draft day 2011 , no dice , as soon as we drafted Tory I Googled the stats, it was very easy then not now , as I said they are are now buried , I,ve searched for about 5 hours , as you suggest I,ll see if my history can show the page

Just have get Tory to confirm

Sorry WD I didn't catch it was awhile ago. I thought you saw within the last few weeks.

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 08:35 AM
I hope you are right WD.
However there is a lot of little blurbs on the net about Tory which say he kicked the 48 goals, but not one mention they were 48 straight. Surely if it were true it would have deserved a mention in these write ups about him?

chef
16-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I hope you are right WD.
However there is a lot of little blurbs on the net about Tory which say he kicked the 48 goals, but not one mention they were 48 straight. Surely if it were true it would have deserved a mention in these write ups about him?

Yeah, I can remember it was 48 goals, not 48 straight.

always right
16-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Not saying you aren't accurate in what you read West-Dog. I just don't believe the stats. You'd think a lot more would have been made of it. If true it means the bloke probably refused to take any shot further out than 20 metres.

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 10:42 AM

I like it too! Watching the replay, had a little chuckle every time they moved to a shot of Scott doing his 'nana…

Get on the lad for a Charlie… I reckon he'd have 10 votes already.

If true, absolutely awesome stat. As said above, needs confirmation.

Read somewhere today that the differential in disposals was the greatest in the club's history.

Considering how much North over-handled the footy, this is just awesome!

48 shots at goal for the whole year? Didn't get much of it then did he? You would be hoping for 70-80 shots at goal from a player playing full forward all year with a 40-50 goal pass mark. Lucky he's straight otherwise he would have returned 20-30 for the year.

Ummm, if you want a 40-50 goal pass mark, he passed.

1eyedog
16-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I like it too! Watching the replay, had a little chuckle every time they moved to a shot of Scott doing his 'nana…

Get on the lad for a Charlie… I reckon he'd have 10 votes already.

If true, absolutely awesome stat. As said above, needs confirmation.

Considering how much North over-handled the footy, this is just awesome!

Ummm, if you want a 40-50 goal pass mark, he passed.

Like I said lucky he kicks straight :D

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Not saying you aren't accurate in what you read West-Dog. I just don't believe the stats. You'd think a lot more would have been made of it. If true it means the bloke probably refused to take any shot further out than 20 metres.

The highlights released by the Club when he was drafted showed a range of shots , running goals from 50m, set shots , dribbles from the pocket , none missed , after seeing that I wanted to know how many goals he kicked , as I,ve stated the stats were easy to find then not now , not the full the complete stats for every Round , completely buried , 9 hours of Google searching and I can,t pull it out of the void , I,m going through my History as suggested , 1.27 million different search items , taking a while , as I,ve stated if I had of bookmarked it would have saved me all this rubbish

I,ll contact the Club to get Tory to confirm

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Get on the lad for a Charlie…

Sutton or Brownlow?...........
Or Both?

DragzLS1
16-05-2012, 01:05 PM

He played 19 games dont forget

1eyedog
16-05-2012, 01:06 PM

2.5 shots at goal a match.

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Must admit after the match on Sunday i was sure that all the talk this week would be how terrible north were, not how good we were (which is what always happens)

Yes there has been alot of critism about North, but I'm pleasantly suprised at the amount of recognition we are receiving this week.

Great to see and well deserved!

Nuggety Back Pocket
16-05-2012, 02:09 PM

We shouldn't forget that Tory kicked over 100 goals a couple of seasons ago with Noble Park in the strong Eastern District Football League, which is a highly rated competition. In the words of the Vermont Football Club, David Dressing a rival club to Noble Park,at the start of the 2012 season, quoted that Dickson is a talented player and will become a good League footballer. We owe it to both BMcC and Shannon Grant for recognising his abilities.
The same could be said of ruckman Campbell who also hails from the Bendigo Bombers and although a rookie at this time his prospects look bright to eventually make it at senior level.

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Sutton or Brownlow?...........
Or Both?

Both. Personally, I've got $50 on him for the Brownlow at $21.

LostDoggy
16-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I once went through the whole year without kicking a point

2 goals 0 points

Love it. I've gone through entire decades without kicking a point then.

I also once (and only once) played an entire game at full-forward where I kicked 0.7 for the day. There were two posters in that seven, and I never played up front ever again. I sometimes wonder if it had been 7.0 instead of 0.7 if I would have become the permanent full-forward, and then who knows where my career would have ended up. Probably exactly the same place it did: (in the crapper).

In goalkicking accuracy terms I was the anti-Lockett.

always right
16-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I once kicked ten goals in a game............but after the game the only player everyone wanted to pat on the back was the full forward. He kicked 23.:eek:

Desipura
16-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Kicked 11 goals straight once........well the misses did not count as it was a soccer match.

AndrewP6
16-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Just imagine going your whole career having never kicked a goal. So many games I went through, doing everything I could to slot a major, but alas, it was never to be. If it wasn't a bigger, stronger opponent, it was the unsuitable ground or the inclement weather making my job that much harder. Oh well, 'twas but a dream to kick a goal... ;)

Greystache
17-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I opened a season once with 15 straight after 6 games, a couple of the ladies at the club wanted to bring it to the attention of the local paper, that is of course until the next match when I'd kicked 5 consecutive behinds at half time... On a beautiful sunny day... Without a breath of wind in the air...

I heard something from the same group of ladies at halftime about being a hack who'd got lucky but I didn't ask them to clarify :D

Ozza
17-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Both. Personally, I've got $50 on him for the Brownlow at $21.

Not sure if its changed since - but he was $41 on betstar yesterday.

MrMahatma
17-05-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/bendigo-bombers-cap-great-fightback-on-collingwoods-turf/2257874.aspx?storypage=1

He definitely kicked at least one.

As mentioned, if he'd kicked 48 straight it'd have been in every article about him and mentioned by commentators when he's playing.

westdog54
17-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Kicked 11 goals straight once........well the misses did not count as it was a soccer match.

Russell Gilbert tells a story about how he played on Doug Hawkins in Juniors, and was congratulated for keeping Doug to six goals. Problem was Russ was playing CHF and Doug was at CHB.

1eyedog
17-05-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/bendigo-bombers-cap-great-fightback-on-collingwoods-turf/2257874.aspx?storypage=1

As mentioned, if he'd kicked 48 straight it'd have been in every article about him and mentioned by commentators when he's playing.

Very good get, unless it was 48.1.

LostDoggy
17-05-2012, 11:37 PM

Yes , I,ve now clocked up 19 hours searching for the stats pages I brought up in 2011 that both stated he kicked 48 straight and no dice , I have found several VFL reports and other VFL Forum reports that point the other way , no actual stats other than he was very accurate but not 48 straight accurate

As I stated when we drafted Tory and I brought up the first stat page that had 48 straight I thought it was a mistake but when I brought up the second stat page for Tory that listed every Round again 48 straight that was good enough for me that there were two separate stat pages that said the same thing

I,m happy to concede that he was accurate but not 48 straight accurate

I,m damn good at digging things up from the web but this just destroyed me , completely and utterly buried , its like all references have been deliberately removed

MrMahatma
18-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes , I,ve now clocked up 19 hours searching for the stats pages I brought up in 2011 that both stated he kicked 48 straight and no dice , I have found several VFL reports and other VFL Forum reports that point the other way , no actual stats other than he was very accurate but not 48 straight accurate

As I stated when we drafted Tory and I brought up the first stat page that had 48 straight I thought it was a mistake but when I brought up the second stat page for Tory that listed every Round again 48 straight that was good enough for me that there were two separate stat pages that said the same thing

I,m damn good at digging things up from the web but this just destroyed me , completely and utterly buried , its like all references have been deliberately removed

Personally, I reckon you read it wrong. All the pages only list goals. I think you made the assumption he kicked only goals.

LostDoggy
18-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Personally, I reckon you read it wrong. All the pages only list goals. I think you made the assumption he kicked only goals.

I,ve been extremely clear that it was 2011 , the first stat page for Tory was a single line with Games , Goals , Behinds and a few other stats , the second stat page for Tory listed every Round with full stats , as I,ve said they are both buried , 19 hours of searching confirms that

The issue is finished moving on

Ghost Dog
18-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I,ve been extremely clear that it was 2011 , the first stat page for Tory was a single line with Games , Goals , Behinds and a few other stats , the second stat page for Tory listed every Round with full stats , as I,ve said they are both buried , 19 hours of searching confirms that

If it turns out to be right, you'll be the first to get a pat on the back here West-dog.
Hey but whatever, he IS a bloody good kick. Great kicking action. Watched him at Willy at the rout V Port and last week up close.

LostDoggy
18-05-2012, 02:26 PM
If it turns out to be right, you'll be the first to get a pat on the back here West-dog.
Hey but whatever, he IS a bloody good kick. Great kicking action. Watched him at Willy at the rout V Port and last week up close.

No, I,m happy to concede that he was accurate but not 48 straight accurate

hujsh
18-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Personally I didn't know Sportingpulse began to list proper stats, last time i checked it was just goals and bests, which increased my doubt until I saw a current Sportinpulse page with all the new stats.

Remi Moses
18-05-2012, 11:28 PM
I think we agree he's a wonderful kick for goal.

DragzLS1
19-05-2012, 02:07 AM

They must have known your coming for the stats ;)

I think we all agree he is a lovely kick and plays a real natural forward type knows where the goals are :) am liking Dickson hopefully plays most games this year

F'scary
20-05-2012, 05:09 PM
1. What the opposition are saying about us: teams always talk up their opponents. Lots of backslapping and diplomacy. So take what is said with a grain of salt.

2. Dickson is a nice kick at goal, one of the few we have on the forward. Jones, Grant, Cordy & Roughead need extensive lessons from him. Panos may offer something in the future, I understand he is a dead eye dick. I would prefer a forward who gets 2 from 2 than 0 from 4. We've got a couple of fowards at least who fit into the latter category. It's a big worry, will cost us games, may have cost us the Adelaide game and the Collingwood game.