PDA

View Full Version : How to lure people into becoming members

Ghost Dog
17-05-2012, 11:31 PM
My boss is from overseas. He's quite well off and does not have a clue about AFL.
He likes rugby and has yet to adopt a club. I was hoping to turn him into a dogs supporter.
He has some pretty well off mates ( Former ministers etc ) and mixes in those 'blue chip' Labor party circles.
I was wondering if anyone has had success turning infidels into tri colour worshipers? And how they went about it.

Should I get him a few tickets? Maybe get him a three day membership? I think they are all sold out now thought....
Are there any corporate type functions?

LostDoggy
18-05-2012, 12:10 AM
In a previous life I spent 13 years as a Supervisor in Corporate Catering and Exhibitions , the main driver for Corporate membership is networking not necessarily the Club or Group its self , its like any Golf Club or Polo Club worldwide , its a means to an end , a neutral platform to discuss projects and ideas , contracts and budgets , etc etc

In order to attract like minded people to a specific location at a specific time , you need a flexible facility , an event , guest speakers and a VIP guest , tailored catering with a flexible time frame , an event program that allows groups to separate to quiet areas

Now for a football Club like the Dogs to attract Corporate members its has to primarily be based on facilities , now the MCG and Etihad have facilities but not what you actually need, most people associate Corporate members of a Football Club with Corporate Boxes but times have changed , Corporate members need more flexible options

I could go into a lot of detail but I won,t

If I had the details of the facilities the Football Club has access too , the location , sizes of rooms , catering facilities , catering staff , AV and internet facilities , parking , distance to airports , room charge rates etc etc I could probably give a more detailed picture of where the sits in regards to Corporate Members

Axe Man
18-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Do you possess any compromising photos or incriminating emails?;)

Desipura
18-05-2012, 09:38 PM
My boss is from overseas. He's quite well off and does not have a clue about AFL.
He likes rugby and has yet to adopt a club. I was hoping to turn him into a dogs supporter.
He has some pretty well off mates ( Former ministers etc ) and mixes in those 'blue chip' Labor party circles.
I was wondering if anyone has had success turning infidels into tri colour worshipers? And how they went about it.

Should I get him a few tickets? Maybe get him a three day membership? I think they are all sold out now thought....
Are there any corporate type functions?

Ring the club and ask for them to put you through to Smorgo or for Smorgo to ring you back. Im sure he could organise some tickets in the Presidents Luncheon.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Ring the club and ask for them to put you through to Smorgo or for Smorgo to ring you back. Im sure he could organise some tickets in the Presidents Luncheon.

Thanks Desipura

LostDoggy
21-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Which country is he from? I've converted quite a few Englishmen. It's not hard — British Bulldog, red, white and blue, working class club, etc.

Ghost Dog
21-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Which country is he from? I've converted quite a few Englishmen. It's not hard — British Bulldog, red, white and blue, working class club, etc.

South African

LostDoggy
25-05-2012, 04:24 PM
South African

Just bullshit him, tell him the Dogs have a relationship with the Springboks or something… :)