PDA

View Full Version : Round 8 - Other Matches

Eastdog
18-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Round 8 is a upon us and this is for discussion of all the other Round 8 games not involving us. It all starts tonight with the Grand Final replay between Collingwood and Geelong.

LostDoggy
18-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Should be a cracking game to open the round, I think Geelong might just get up though.

Eastdog
18-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Should be a cracking game to open the round, I think Geelong might just get up though.

I tipped the Pies in this one by 11 points but it would not surprise me one bit if Geelong get up. They should not be written off yet.

chef
18-05-2012, 08:39 PM
No Scarlet is going to make it even more difficult.

LostDoggy
18-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Would prefer if Geelong just fell over the line. With a week of questions about their premiership bona-fides, if they lose to Collingwood they would be red hot for us and would probably be too good. If they beat Collingwood though it would lift the pressure on them a bit and we'd be a better chance, one would think.

Or they could play themselves into form win or lose tonight. I dunno.. we're long odds either way.

Eastdog
18-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Would prefer if Geelong just fell over the line. With a week of questions about their premiership bona-fides, if they lose to Collingwood they would be red hot for us and would probably be too good. If they beat Collingwood though it would lift the pressure on them a bit and we'd be a better chance, one would think.

Or they could play themselves into form win or lose tonight. I dunno.. we're long odds either way.

Geelong despite them not being as strong as they used to be will still be a tough proposition next week. I think we are a chance against them but lets focus on beating Gold Coast first and go 4-4.

Greystache
18-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow, is there a less courageous player in the AFL than Josh Hunt?

Not only does he plainly refuse to put his body on line when it's his time to go, but he has the audacity to carry on like a faux hardman when he has the chance to blind side someone. Just pathetic!

Remi Moses
18-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Pendlebury was outstanding , gutsy win by the pies.
Cats, I reckon they just hung in there in the first half.
Selwood kep them in it, down to one rotation hurt The Pies.
Regardless of what happens tomorrow night, we'll be big outsiders next week.

Ghost Dog
18-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Pendlebury was outstanding , gutsy win by the pies.
Cats, I reckon they just hung in there in the first half.
Selwood kep them in it, down to one rotation hurt The Pies.
Regardless of what happens tomorrow night, we'll be big outsiders next week.

Geelong - Last Quarter - 23 inside fifties for four goals 6. Geelong blew it.

Remi Moses
18-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Geelong - Last Quarter - 23 inside fifties for four goals 6. Geelong blew it.

Agree, but Collingwood looked the better side in the first half.In the end Selwood dragged them up and kept them in it in the first half. In the end Geelong could have won it

Eastdog
18-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Agree, but Collingwood looked the better side in the first half.In the end Selwood dragged them up and kept them in it in the first half. In the end Geelong could have won it

Definitely. Even though Collingwood got that 50 in the end to put them ahead Geelong had there chances and easily could of won.

Remi Moses
18-05-2012, 11:46 PM
How many times did Geelong miss targets with hand and foot for the whole game?

Eastdog
18-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Do you think if we bring that pressure and intensity from the last few weeks against the Cats and say if they have a few key players out would we be a chance.

SlimPickens
18-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Can someone please explain to me the point of a score referral system with completely inept camera positioning?

Tomahawks point/out of bounds referral in the third showed what a farce this system is. Fundamentally I like it but for god sake put the correct technology in place to support it you muppets!!!

Ghost Dog
18-05-2012, 11:52 PM

Some easy misses on goal. Hawkins, Jpod. Bad bad misses

Remi Moses
18-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Thomas missed a sitter early. Just thought The pies should have been further in front at half time.

Eastdog
19-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Thriller between North and Port.

Eastdog
19-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Very good comeback from Port Adelaide.

comrade
19-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm going to enjoy the meltdown on BigFooty.

SlimPickens
19-05-2012, 05:31 PM
North are absolute pretenders, what a pathetic effort by their players.

Eastdog
19-05-2012, 05:42 PM

Very poor from North after giving up a 6 goal lead at one stage should of put them away then.

Remi Moses
19-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Unfortunately the Norf game is lost in the review etha.Should be starting the early game at 1.10, gee Scott mulled over last weeks game to long for mine.Turned it over and Norf were 31 pts up!!Pressure's on Scott now :D

Ghost Dog
19-05-2012, 05:53 PM
30 points down with eight minutes to go. The go for broke and win it.
Boomer Harvey likely to get reported. Can't wait to see Scott's presser.

Scraggers
19-05-2012, 06:20 PM
And my tipping sucks again !!!

bornadog
19-05-2012, 06:22 PM

me too. In another comp we have a certainty tip, where you have to nominate one each week and if its wrong you are knocked out.; The comp excludes GWS, GC and Melbourne. I am pretty sure I picked North to win in a tough week for certainties.:o

GVGjr
19-05-2012, 06:52 PM

Does it put our win last week into more perspective?

Maddog37
19-05-2012, 07:02 PM
For sure it does. But by the same token we should have beaten them by alot more IMHO.

Hopefully it reminds our team that anyone can win on any given day.

G-Mo77
19-05-2012, 07:06 PM
LOL at Norf. :D

Mantis
19-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Hopefully it reminds our team that anyone can win on any given day.

That's not true.

comrade
19-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I know it can be tough barracking for the Doggies at times but let us all be thankful we're not Demons supporters.

:D

Sedat
19-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I know it can be tough barracking for the Doggies at times but let us all be thankful we're not Demons supporters.Their supporters know to go home as soon as they've seen the obligatory Jeremy Howe hanger :D

My man Jay turned it on again today at AAMI. Bandwagon filling up fast :D

Maddog37
19-05-2012, 07:47 PM
That's not true.

Yes it is.:D

bornadog
19-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I know it can be tough barracking for the Doggies at times but let us all be thankful we're not Demons supporters.

:D

Snow season is upon us:D

Eastdog
20-05-2012, 02:33 AM

Quite the opposite for me so far only getting North Melbourne wrong.

Sedat
20-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Richmond are turning the honorable loss into an art form this season. They just go missing in 15-20 minute patches against the best teams this season, which has cost them dearly against all of Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coke and Essendon. I reckon they are finally building something sustainable for the coming years even if their current ladder position doesn't reflect this.

Last night's Dreamtime game was a cracker.

Ghost Dog
20-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Their supporters know to go home as soon as they've seen the obligatory Jeremy Howe hanger :D

My man Jay turned it on again today at AAMI. Bandwagon filling up fast :D

He actually looks a lot like Cloke with the glove, and a bit the way he plays. Richmond fans must be a bit filthy.

LostDoggy
20-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Richmond are turning the honorable loss into an art form this season. They just go missing in 15-20 minute patches against the best teams this season, which has cost them dearly against all of Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coke and Essendon. I reckon they are finally building something sustainable for the coming years even if their current ladder position doesn't reflect this.

Nah. That's classic Richmond. They've always been not-bad against the better teams without being able to take the next step.

You don't keep finishing 9th if you're completely crap. Just crap enough.

Maddog37
20-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Gee Tom Scullyis soft

LostDoggy
20-05-2012, 03:36 PM
It's a good day not to be a supporter with the word Melbourne in your name :D

Sedat
20-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Nah. That's classic Richmond. They've always been not-bad against the better teams without being able to take the next step.Agree with you wholeheartedly on historical evidence, but I reckon their list today has genuine talent, most of which is still relatively young. In previous years their talent level was basically Richo and you could draw the line there. Won't make finals this year but I can see them parked in the top 8 for a few seasons from next year onwards.

Remi Moses
20-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Pathetic Melbourne!
Had to chuckle at Darryl Wakelin who thinks Melbourne are on the same level as us! Melbourne's senior group are abysmal and play on their own terms. The coach and players are a million miles away. Tiges are currently honing in on a top 2 on the honorable premiership ladder.

Remi Moses
20-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Carlton getting pantsed by an impressive Adelaide

bornadog
20-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Great to see Carlton get spanked today.

Eastdog
20-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Saints still in it against the Eagles.

Eastdog
20-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Josh Hill struggling for West Coast.

azabob
20-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Great to see Carlton get spanked today.

Adelaide have looked very good all season bar one game.

They have a very balanced midfield of run, skills and hardness. They have a great forward line mix especially considering today Tippet did SFA and Walker missed through suspension and their defence is strong.

May well be a contender this year and for the next few.

How mobile is the tall Jenkins? His goal in the 3rd was special.

Ghost Dog
21-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Adelaide have looked very good all season bar one game.

They have a very balanced midfield of run, skills and hardness. They have a great forward line mix especially considering today Tippet did SFA and Walker missed through suspension and their defence is strong.

May well be a contender this year and for the next few.

How mobile is the tall Jenkins? His goal in the 3rd was special.

Today on the TAC show, Terry Wallace gave a rating to each club for their success in the national draft since 2005. He gave two ratings to get an overall score. Success of players drafted ( number of games etc ) and Team's success. Swans were one of the lowest teams as they tend to trade rather than draft. We were in the middle somewhere. Hawthorn number one. All this lead to the Crows, and the focus their success will put back on Rendell, who is unemployed.

Remi Moses
21-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Rendell's a way better recruiter than Clayton.
Deserves a second chance I'd reckon.

BulldogBelle
21-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Rendell's a way better recruiter than Clayton.
Deserves a second chance I'd reckon.

Wonder if we would take him as a 'consultant' later this season to assist Dalrymple and Jason McCartney prepare for a very important draft

LostDoggy
21-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Wonder if we would take him as a 'consultant' later this season to assist Dalrymple and Jason McCartney prepare for a very important draft

Well, we should.