PDA

View Full Version : Libba

Twodogs
21-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Tony Liberatore was on SEN today talking about that shot for goal in the '97 PM.

The hosts asked him if he thought about it very often. "No, never really" Said Libba. They were suprised that he wasnt still haunted by it ten years down the track, but Tony said that he'd petty much dealt with it within a fortnight or so of the game. After that he said he was basically to busy getting ready for the next season to worry about it to much.

He's a single minded guy, is Libba.

LostDoggy
21-09-2007, 09:53 PM
He's a single minded guy, is Libba.

He has a few faults but I admire his focus. He just gets on with things.

LostDoggy
22-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Is it just me or did i hear he left carlton? Think its time for him to come back to the kennel, in a coaching role maybe?

bornadog
22-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Is it just me or did i hear he left carlton? Think its time for him to come back to the kennel, in a coaching role maybe?

Yes, he had a discussion with Ratten and both agreed he would be better off somewhere else. He is currently looking for an assistant coaches role. How about the coach of Footscracy in the VFL. He did coach Box Hill to a Grand Final

Topdog
22-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Wont be welcomed back whilst Eade is here. I cant imagine that Eade is someone who easily forgives and forgets.

LostDoggy
22-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Wont be welcomed back whilst Eade is here. I cant imagine that Eade is someone who easily forgives and forgets.

What happened between the 2 of them?

I.....must...be....a.....bit....slow :confused:

GVGjr
22-09-2007, 10:49 PM
What happened between the 2 of them?

I.....must...be....a.....bit....slow :confused:When Libba was an assistant coach at the Blues he attended a closed training session and was asked to leave. He didn't.

LostDoggy
22-09-2007, 10:56 PM
When Libba was an assistant coach at the Blues he attended a closed training session and was asked to leave. He didn't.

Ohhhh, I did hear that.....

Although, he would be handy as a tackling coach

LostDoggy
22-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Ohhhh, I did hear that.....

Although, he would be handy as a tackling coach

I hope Eade looks at the bigger picture. We needs guys like Libba and even the Hawk back at the club. Libba to work with the group on the tackling and the lock down skills and Hawk to work with the guys on the basic skills and positioning.
Would Libba make for a good VFL coach for us? I know he did well with Box Hill but he might want to cut his losses and become a career VFL coach.

MrMahatma
22-09-2007, 11:22 PM

Interesting that he'd put a guy hated by a large % of the dogs' fan base (Campbell) into a coaching role because he was the best guy for the job, but won't consider Libba because of something he did, even though he's a doggies legend...

I'd like to think Eade was more balanced than that. But if they're not going to get along, then there's no point putting him on I guess - or Libba might just be no good.

BulldogBelle
23-09-2007, 02:37 AM
This from The Herald Sun Website...

Liberatore looks back west (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22465143%255E19742,00.html)
23 September 2007
Jon Ralph

FORMER Carlton assistant coach Tony Liberatore has put his hand up to return to the Western Bulldogs after a four-year stint at the Blues.

Liberatore became a cult favourite among Bulldog fans and was the only player to win league best-and-fairests in the under-19s, reserves and elite competition.

Since the appointment of new Blues coach Brett Ratten, Liberatore and Carlton have parted company and the 1990 Brownlow medallist is keen to return to his spiritual home.

"I have made contact and expressed an interest, so I have got my fingers crossed and we will see how it evolves," Liberatore said

Go_Dogs
23-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Interesting. Personally I wouldn't mind 'Libba' having some involvement down at the club, and I'd be surprised if they didn't work out their differences.

LostDoggy
23-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I'd like to see Wayne Campbell and Libba at the club together.

Mofra
23-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Would certainly make the boxing sessions more interesting.
I would dare say they would be over the incident by now though.

BulldogBelle
23-09-2007, 12:34 PM

I can just visualise it now both of them sitting together in the new football department, having a laugh over a cup of coffee and talking about old times. :D

Twodogs
28-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Libba can cross Essendon of his list of clubs.

bornadog
28-09-2007, 07:09 PM
When Libba was an assistant coach at the Blues he attended a closed training session and was asked to leave. He didn't.

Also didn't he have a dispute with the club about Long service leave and was going to sue, I recall Smorgo was not happy at the time.