PDA

View Full Version : A Message From Brendan McCartney - 5th June 2012

bornadog
05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/member%20message%20from%20brendan%20mccartney/tabid/18836/default.aspx)

Dear member,
We’re disappointed by the way we played and the way we functioned as a team out there against Sydney.

We didn’t adapt well enough to the conditions and what Sydney did to us in their set-up and attack on the ball — we had a good chat to the group after the game and the players were quite aware of that.

Being aware of it and doing something about it is another thing though — it was a bad day. We’ve been pretty consistent for 6-7 weeks and we’ve got to make sure we mentally have a de-brief and then get ready for our next opponent.

There are parts of the game that we actually have to look at and ask why it happened, who needs coaching in that area and educate them to handle that situation better.

On a positive note, the young kids up forward provided something late in the game. We also have a number of strong tough competitors who turn up every week.

The bye comes at a good time as we have asked some of our kids to shoulder some big responsibilities so far this season and they have handled it extremely well.

This week will give players an opportunity to regenerate and have a weekend with their families and when they return, it’s back to work.

I am very confident in this group of people and our football program, that we’ll bounce back strongly and we’ll look a lot better as a footy club the next time you see us play.

See you at our next game against Port Adelaide.

Sincerely,

Brendan McCartney

LostDoggy
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I like these messages. Say what you will about the authenticity of the sentiments expressed, I think the communication so far has been great. He obviously believes the members are worth writing to, even if he must do so with platitudes.

Ghost Dog
07-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah I like reading them too. He looked pretty gutted by our result last week. I think he takes it personally which is good. I really feel like he is one of 'us' not just a coach. Still, the coaching aspect was one reason we lost and he is learning too.

DragzLS1
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah I like reading them too. He looked pretty gutted by our result last week. I think he takes it personally which is good. I really feel like he is one of 'us' not just a coach. Still, the coaching aspect was one reason we lost and he is learning too.

Same here, look forward to reading his letters after every round and does look like it really hurts him when we perform like we did. He will learn and be good for us in the coming years :)