PDA

View Full Version : Chris Grant - Open Mike

angelopetraglia
22-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Just a heads up. Chris Grant is going to be on Open Mike with Mike Sheehan on Fox Footy next week. Hopefully another good insight into the great man.

Even though he has retired, my love and admiration continue to grow for Chris Grant. A similar age to me, I was lucky enough to see his entire career, such a great player and underrated by non-Bulldog fans.

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Grant was a great servant of our Club and rates up with our best ever. Is now highly respected as a ABC commentator and a fine choice now as a Club Board member. A worthy AFL Hall of Fame and WB HOF inductee.

Remi Moses
23-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Saw the Goodes interview the other night .
Really enjoyed that interview.
Saw Eddie's show for the first time, yikes !!:eek:
Just digressing when's Warnie going to tell us this attempt to lose his boganess is one big joke!
I know Liz ( sorry Elizabeth ) is a very attractive woman but this is all to much:rolleyes:

jazzadogs
23-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Monday, 9.30 after On the Couch. (and no doubt repeated many times throughout the week)

westdog54
23-06-2012, 09:20 AM
From the promo it seems he'll speak candidly about the Nick Holland incident.

Can't wait to watch.

Max469
23-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Damn don't have Foxtel.

Sedat
25-06-2012, 11:05 PM
What an outstanding person, and what a magnificent advertisement for our club. Just a terrific 30 minutes of television - I could have listened to Granty for hours. Open Mike is one of the best shows on Fox Footy - Mike Sheahan is doing a terrific job in researching his subjects and getting them to talk openly and honestly about sometimes sensitive topics.

bornadog
25-06-2012, 11:24 PM
What an outstanding person, and what a magnificent advertisement for our club. Just a terrific 30 minutes of television - I could have listened to Granty for hours. Open Mike is one of the best shows on Fox Footy - Mike Sheahan is doing a terrific job in researching his subjects and getting them to talk openly and honestly about sometimes sensitive topics.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to Granty, what a great man, one of my all time favourites.

I will never forget his first season, both Chris and Leon Cameron, both 17 and playing outstanding football. The best two first year players I have ever seen.

Rocco Jones
25-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Totally agree bornadog and Sedat. Would love for him to become president of our club.

chef
26-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Totally agree bornadog and Sedat. Would love for him to become president of our club.

Chris Grant is my favourite person in the world:).

G-Mo77
26-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone record it? I'd love to watch it.

anfo27
26-06-2012, 12:33 PM
any chance its available on the net somewhere?

G-Mo77
26-06-2012, 12:38 PM
There is a link in the BF thread of the video

Dancin' Douggy
26-06-2012, 12:38 PM
What a great man

SonofScray
26-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Just watched it, Brilliant bloke who is a real nation of what the Club is really about. We need him involved through these leaner years especially for his leadership.

I also spotted myself as a little tacker on the boundary in some footage here, wonderful memories of Footsray from that pocket:https://p.twimg.com/AwTTWPKCIAA0NHU.jpg

Dancin' Douggy
26-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Any one else notice his perfect goal kicking technique?
Shoulders hunched forward towards the target, head down. and maintain the posture while you kick.
Perfect.
He should be teaching these young boofheads how to kick.

azabob
26-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Any one else notice his perfect goal kicking technique?
Shoulders hunched forward towards the target, head down. and maintain the posture while you kick.
Perfect.
He should be teaching these young boofheads how to kick.

Yet he wasn't a reliable set shot?

Dancin' Douggy
26-06-2012, 10:30 PM
He was early, then he got the yips, which he even admits were all mental.

The Pie Man
27-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Was a good interview, some of the themes from the AFL HOF acceptance speach were repeated but it was still worth watching.

Funny watching 'the goal' vs Essendon - tremendous snap, especially as he ran from the fence and kicked it right on the boundary line......which makes me wonder....he played on from a good 2 metres outside the boundary off his line.

Should've been play on and OOB. Umps always miss that.

Of course, I'm happy for that one to have slid. :)

Remi Moses
27-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Was a good interview, some of the themes from the AFL HOF acceptance speach were repeated but it was still worth watching.

Funny watching 'the goal' vs Essendon - tremendous snap, especially as he ran from the fence and kicked it right on the boundary line......which makes me wonder....he played on from a good 2 metres outside the boundary off his line.

Also funny hearing Bruce squirm over his comment in 98 re. Carey would have kicked it.
Unfortunately worked that night:mad:

westdog54
28-06-2012, 04:46 AM

Pretty sure that the interpretation is that if you run back into play on a straight line then its play on.

The Pie Man
28-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Pretty sure that the interpretation is that if you run back into play on a straight line then its play on.

Even when off the line of the mark?

chef
28-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Even when off the line of the mark?

Yep as long as it's a straight line.

The Pie Man
28-06-2012, 01:45 PM
^^^

I'm in one of those 'are you suuuuure?' moods about this, but then I remember I once though mouth & doubt rhymed. Carry on

The Turtle interview was great :o

Axe Man
28-06-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm also pretty sure the straight line play on thing is correct. Of course if you change direction whilst playing on and you are still behind the boundary line it will be a throw in.

always right
28-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Also funny hearing Bruce squirm over his comment in 98 re. Carey would have kicked it.
Unfortunately worked that night:mad:

Have a listen to Dunstall as special comments manin that Essendon match....embarassing.