PDA

View Full Version : More to Minson's slur: Pearce

bornadog
03-07-2012, 08:08 PM
By Harry Thring, 4:43 PM Tue 03 Jul, 2012 (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140317/default.aspx)

PORT Adelaide's Danyle Pearce says there was more to the much-publicised Will Minson sledging incident than has been revealed, claiming Minson's sledge was worse than reported.

Minson was suspended by the Western Bulldogs for the verbal altercation with Pearce in the side's round 12 clash at Etihad Stadium.

But Pearce said there was more to the story, saying reports that Minson sledged him about his mother didn't reveal the whole truth.

"I've read the reports that everyone's been writing; you guys haven't written down everything that was said," Pearce said.

"I've read a report, it had half of what was said written down and in the report it was left at that was the only thing and that's not true, it's not the case."

Pearce confirmed he was yet to receive a personal apology from the Bulldogs' ruckman but said he didn't expect one; as long as Minson knew what he did was wrong.

Minson publicly apologised after the incident.

Minson's younger brother Hugh was once a Port Adelaide player and Pearce said he had contacted their family.

"Things have taken their course and I've left it at that," he said.

"I've spoken to his family and said my piece and we're all lovey-dory now.

"As long as he realises what he said was not going to be tolerated then that's all that needs to be said."

When questioned about how he would respond to public criticism that he should have left what was said on the field, the 26-year-old said that he and the Bulldogs ruckman were the only people who knew what happened.

"Me and Will were the only ones who were really there the whole time and I know there was more said [than was reported]," Pearce said.

"I reacted because I didn't feel that was something that should be brought up in a game of football."

His comments came on the eve of Saturday's night's Showdown against the Crows at AAMI Stadium on Saturday night.

The Power maintain a slight advantage over Adelaide in overall wins, having claimed 17 to the Crows' 15.

Pearce said the closeness of the overall contest was proof that when it came to the intra-city clashes, form and ladder positions counted for nothing.

"You don't pay particular attention [to the record], but you do look back on the history of the Balfours Showdowns and you do see how tough and competitive it is," he said.

"I honestly believe it's truly even and whoever shows up mentally switched on and ready to go will come out the victor."

chef
03-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I think it's pretty obvious Will said more than what was just reported, but time to move on.

bornadog
03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I think it's pretty obvious Will said more than what was just reported, but time to move on.

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't but its also pretty obvious the guy is a sook.

Remi Moses
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Can I get my 30 seconds back reading that!
Can we all just move on, pleeeease!!

azabob
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
So if Pearce felt the need to come out two weeks later and complain the truth hasn't be reported, why doesn't he get Harry Thring to print what was said?

SonofScray
03-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Shit form. I hope Will puts the bloke in hospital next time they meet.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Shit form. I hope Will puts the bloke in hospital next time they meet.

This.

Pearce has to be the biggest sook in the game. No wonder he cannot cope with a tag.

AndrewP6
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Is there a misprint, or did he really say "lovey dory"? Methinks you need a book of common phrases, Danyle. Completely off topic, I'm in NT this week, seeing Uluru.They love their footy up here. Talking to a woman today, she was telling me of a man here who passed away a couple of years ago. A mad Dogs supporter, they were going to get the Club to send something for his birthday, sadly he passed away just prior. After hearing about it, the boys wore black arm bands in the following match. I vaguely recall it, anyone else?

Rocco Jones
04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
This.

Pearce has to be the biggest sook in the game. No wonder he cannot cope with a tag.

I actually think Pearce bringing it up again might end up being good PR for Will.

I believe most people would just assume Will said the most vulgar mother insult anyway and this will just make Pearce look like a sook.

G-Mo77
04-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Oh, only Will and him know what was said? Dom must have very good hearing. :o

The Underdog
04-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey can we just let this alone and concentrate on the Balfours Showdown? The most delicious kind of Showdown.

LostDoggy
04-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I can get some pretty decent rates on cement if Danyl is interested.

Bulldog4life
04-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I actually think Pearce bringing it up again might end up being good PR for Will.

I believe most people would just assume Will said the most vulgar mother insult anyway and this will just make Pearce look like a sook.

True. Mark Robinson gave Pearce a serve on Fox footy last night.

Remi Moses
07-07-2012, 11:17 PM
It's funny you know the moral highground Power are celebrating a 10 year anniversary of a Bar Brawl! Hypocrisy 101 :rolleyes:

GVGjr
07-07-2012, 11:20 PM
It's funny you know the moral highground Power are celebrating a 10 year anniversary of a Bar Brawl! Hypocrisy 101 :rolleyes:

You seem to take great delight in reminding people of the errors of judgment by every other club. Shame we don't just have enough positives to focus on.

LostDoggy
07-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh my god. Seriously, Pearce? Shut upppp!

Remi Moses
08-07-2012, 12:06 AM
You seem to take great delight in reminding people of the errors of judgment by every other club. Shame we don't just have enough positives to focus on.

Sorry for offering an opinion.

LostDoggy
08-07-2012, 09:14 AM
What is this story even about?

"oh, me again. Just want to remind everyone that Will said more stuff to me that day. I'm not telling you what though..........just thought you should know."

Is he not happy that it was totally forgot about so quickly?

ledge
08-07-2012, 10:19 AM
What is this story even about?

"oh, me again. Just want to remind everyone that Will said more stuff to me that day. I'm not telling you what though..........just thought you should know."

Is he not happy that it was totally forgot about so quickly?

I think because most people who have played football just a decade earlier accepted slurs as banter on the ground to try and put you off your game, which you took with a grain of salt and had a beer with them after the game.

In my day you laughed about it and gave another comment back, if you responded in a pissed off way it meant it worked and you would get it twice as bad all day.

Ghost Dog
08-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I hate this article. Trial by media. D Pearce can claim this and that, and rub Will's nose in it, without anyone having to verify the truth. I hope Pearce gets to play Brisbane soon and Huddo can have a go at him.