PDA

View Full Version : Round 15 - Other Matches

Eastdog
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Another round of footy has come around and it all starts tomorrow night with the blockbuster between fierce rivals Collingwood and Carlton at the MCG. Im going to this match with my brother who is a Collingwood supporter. I'm tipping Collingwood to win.

jeemak
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Not a bad game tonight. A bit scrappy in parts and Carlton will regret inefficiency in front of goal.

Though, Yarran has just kicked a ripper.

Wellingham's effort on Siimpson was terrible. Lining up a footballer who is looking up at the ball and charging them with the jump and bump in the head isn't tough football. It's weak football, and sometimes I think players that do that forego the luxury of having their faces remain in tact throughout the remainder of the match.

SlimPickens
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Not a bad game tonight. A bit scrappy in parts and Carlton will regret inefficiency in front of goal.

Though, Yarran has just kicked a ripper.

Wellingham's effort on Siimpson was terrible. Lining up a footballer who is looking up at the ball and charging them with the jump and bump in the head isn't tough football. It's weak football, and sometimes I think players that do that forego the luxury of having their faces remain in tact throughout the remainder of the match.

Sharrod will get a number of weeks and well deserved, massive snipe!

LostDoggy
06-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Glad Carlton will win so Ratten will get another year.

AndrewP6
06-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Wellingham gets one back for the Pies (I reckon Gibbs was thrown off the contest), back to four goals.

jeemak
06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Wellingham gets one back for the Pies (I reckon Gibbs was thrown off the contest), back to four goals.

I actually thought Gibbs' momentum was his undoing. Not sure if Wellingham was that forceful.

SlimPickens
06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Glad Carlton will win so Ratten will get another year.

Had that same conversation with a mate during the week. Will not win a flag with Ratts as coach.

Ghost Dog
06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
I hope Wellingham gets multiple weeks. That was a Sh**t act

LostDoggy
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
I actually thought Gibbs' momentum was his undoing. Not sure if Wellingham was that forceful.

He was forceful enough earlier on Simpson. :)
I didn't think the gibbs one was bad.

AndrewP6
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM

Perhaps, haven't got the replay to check :)

LostDoggy
06-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Chris Dawes is one huge dud and only because he plays for Collingwood no one says so.

Remi Moses
06-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Carlton haven't played that well since they last played Collingwood.
Pies looked off tonight, but full credit to Carlton. Sack Ratten talkback marathon hysteria gets an RDO. The move of Duigan was pivotal, surely Ratts will get some credit for that. Wellingham what a cheapie that was. Kruezer and of course Judd stood up, he murdered Jolly.( he can't get off the ground)Thought Betts was also significant and looked very dangerous( o'brien doesn't like to be accountable)

Remi Moses
06-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Chris Dawes is one huge dud and only because he plays for Collingwood no one says so.

What's happened to him? Gone backwards in the last two years

jeemak
06-07-2012, 11:38 PM

What's happened to him? Gone backwards in the last two years

Every premiership team just about, has at least one player that plays a significant role for them almost out of the blue, never to repeat those feats. Some that immediately spring to mind:

Brad Pearce
Nick Davis
Paul Barnard
Adam Hunter
Josh Mahoney/Toby Thurstans
Shane Ellen

etc......

I don't think it's over for him though. He'll be exposed even further if Cloke leaves, though I'm not sure that will happen.

Remi Moses
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Every premiership team just about, has at least one player that plays a significant role for them almost out of the blue, never to repeat those feats. Some that immediately spring to mind:

Brad Pearce
Nick Davis
Paul Barnard
Adam Hunter
Josh Mahoney/Toby Thurstans
Shane Ellen

etc......

I don't think it's over for him though. He'll be exposed even further if Cloke leaves, though I'm not sure that will happen.
Role players that lot. Barnard carved out a good career, as did Nick Davis.
Don't think that second ruck role suits Dawes, as they miss Leigh Brown more than people imagine.

jeemak
06-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Role players that lot. Barnard carved out a good career, as did Nick Davis.
Don't think that second ruck role suits Dawes, as they miss Leigh Brown more than people imagine.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Second ruck is a tough gig, as we saw with Minson throughout Hudson's reign as number one ruck for us.

Brown, Cloke and Dawes in the same side proved you can play tall up forward, as long as your talls have small support and a strong first ruck to shoulder the majority of the load.

Eastdog
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Carlton this year have the wood over Collingwood.

jeemak
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Carlton this year have the wood over Collingwood.

Let's see how it plays out if they meet eachother in the finals Eastdog, my man!

Eastdog
07-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Let's see how it plays out if they meet eachother in the finals Eastdog, my man!

True. It may well be a different result. Do you think jeemak that Carlton will make the finals.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Yarran is simply awesome to watch in full flight.

azabob
07-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Amazing that Collingwood could be 5th by the end of the round.

Eastdog
07-07-2012, 01:24 PM

It is such a tight season. There is no real standout. Carlton will be very satisfied beating Collingwood twice. The premiership winner will be the team that has the form come the business end of the season.

Greystache
07-07-2012, 01:38 PM

This is the one season I can remember where coaches have openly spoken not just about winning but smashing sides to get there percentage up. Normally we get the "it's just good to get the 4 points, they're a quality side blah blah blah", but not this year.

Eastdog
07-07-2012, 01:45 PM
This is the one season I can remember where coaches have openly spoken not just about winning but smashing sides to get there percentage up. Normally we get the "it's just good to get the 4 points, they're a quality side blah blah blah", but not this year.

Percentage in a season like this is very important.

Sedat
07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Costly loss by Norf. Threw away a 6 goal lead. How massive was Cox in that last 10 minutes? Reminded me of the Dogs v Eagles game at Etihad last year when Cox single-handedly got them over the line.

azabob
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Costly loss by Norf. Threw away a 6 goal lead. How massive was Cox in that last 10 minutes? Reminded me of the Dogs v Eagles game at Etihad last year when Cox single-handedly got them over the line.

Listening to Grandstand he appeared to massive in the last half and serviceable in the first half.

He is a superstar player.

Desipura
07-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Robbie Tarrant is starting to finally put it together. He was nearly a doggies player, if he had been available at the Ward pick at 19. He was picked by North at pick 15.
We picked Jarryd Grant with a Clayton first round special.

Remi Moses
07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Just watched the second half and Cox was incredible( I thought you tip over the edge past 30?)
Priddis was also pivotal, and in the end the Eagles missed chances to win by more.
For all those writing off Jones, I hope they took notice of Tarrant's game.Been in the system for since 08

Desipura
07-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Just watched the second half and Cox was incredible( I thought you tip over the edge past 30?)
Priddis was also pivotal, and in the end the Eagles missed chances to win by more.
For all those writing off Jones, I hope they took notice of Tarrant's game.Been in the system for since 08

Tarrant has missed a season with injuries to his shoulders a few seasons back.

Remi Moses
07-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Tarrant has missed a season with injuries to his shoulders a few seasons back.

He did, but got written off. The point I'm making is patience is required and in particular key position players.

Eastdog
07-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Saints playing very well against the Bombers.

Eastdog
07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Milne on fire for the Saints. Essendon beat us by 84 points last week and there struggling this week. Didnt think the Saints were too far ahead of us but clearly they are.

Remi Moses
07-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Milne on fire for the Saints. Essendon beat us by 84 points last week and there struggling this week. Didnt think the Saints were too far ahead of us but clearly they are.

Saints are in that bottom eight equation, no doubt.
Their senior core is very good

Remi Moses
08-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Watched the Port v Crow game.
Sam Jacobs outstanding( set a new record for hitouts 61)
Scotty Thompson was also very good ( very consistent)
Port need a ruckman badly ( wonder if they will take Grundy?)
Young Butcher is struggling, very impressed with Paul Stewart ,but not sure if I'd give up an early pick for Boak.

Remi Moses
08-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Wonder if it would have been a good idea for GWS and GC to play everyone just once ?
They play each other twice and there season ends earlier than other teams. Teams playing them twice are getting a free hit,especially this late in the season.

Ghost Dog
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Some dude playing for GC is a dead ringer for Snoop Doog.
First AFL player to go the pigtails??