PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 16 vs Hawthorn

GVGjr
08-07-2012, 07:37 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for the game against the rampaging Hawthorn at Etihad stadium on Sunday?
As always a brief explanation for you changes would be good for discussions.

Hotdog60
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Out Cordy, Sherman
In Panos, Cooney

I would like Panos to be given to the end of the season at Full Forward to find out if we keep him or delist him.

Ghost Dog
08-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Out Cordy / Campbell / Sherman
In Pearce / Vezpremi / Panos

bornadog
08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Out Cordy / Campbell / Sherman
In Pearce / Vezpremi / Panos

so only one ruckman next week.

westbulldog
08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Out Sherman
in Cooney

Ghost Dog
08-07-2012, 09:05 PM
so only one ruckman next week.

Panos can back up. if he can't then Cambell instead of Panos.

GVGjr
08-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Panos can back up. if he can't then Cambell instead of Panos.

Panos isn't much chop in the ruck. Not even for 5 minutes a quarter.

Ghost Dog
08-07-2012, 09:59 PM

Ok.
Minson was outstanding today. I thought he answered his critics really well.
Cambell - I didn't like the way he played for frees a few times and fell under the ball.
Would be prepared to give him another go, just to see what he can add.

SlimPickens
08-07-2012, 11:04 PM
After watching Williamstown today and the dogs

In: Panos, Vez and Jones

Out: Cordy- Needs a few weeks at willy. Jones offer at better target at the moment.
Sherman- Not offering nearly enough
Gilbee- don't see the point in playing him nothing to do with today's game.

mjp
09-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Ok.
Minson was outstanding today. I thought he answered his critics really well.

Wont Minson be suspended for punching Crowley in the head 3 times?

bornadog
09-07-2012, 03:57 PM

Not cited, so maybe lucky.

LostDoggy
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Three punches to the head of Crowley is allowable.

Cyberdoggie
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Three punches to the head of Crowley is allowable.

Yeah 3 punch rule. Four and he'd get a warning (being that he shouldn't need four, and should of hit him hard enough with three! :))

In all seriousness i must of completely missed it. Didn't see anything on the tv, although mind you i had my head in my hands for most of the game.

FrediKanoute
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
In: Panos, Jones, Vez

Out: Cordy, Sherman, Smith

bornadog
09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah 3 punch rule. Four and he'd get a warning (being that he shouldn't need four, and should of hit him hard enough with three! :))

In all seriousness i must of completely missed it. Didn't see anything on the tv, although mind you i had my head in my hands for most of the game.

The only thing they showed was an off the ball incident where a free was awarded against Will for round the neck.:D

comrade
09-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Does anyone really believe Panos is in line for a game?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think Macca has given any indications that Panos is part of his long term plan.

Rocco Jones
09-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Does anyone really believe Panos is in line for a game?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think Macca has given any indications that Panos is part of his long term plan.

The only thing I can think of was that Panos was named on the extended bench for Round 1. Since then I don't believe he has been named as an emergency.

I have mentioned a few times that I don't rate Panos' chances. I see him as a mix between Nick Saunter and Jack Anthony (not the best of each though).

He is 192cm apparently but I don't really think he has the marking attributes of a KP forward. I see him as a medium forward with the (lack of) mobility of a tall forward. He is a cracking shot for goal but he has nothing else IMO. The only way I can see him offering real value is by being a bit of a swingman and having a go down back. At the very best I see him being somewhat serviceable for a season or so before he is found out.

I do believe however he would help us to win or be more competitive if that was our primary goal. Ayce and co. hardly get the ball, at least Panos can kick. Obviously B-Mac is huge on development and sees a lot more upside in the others. The main reason I want him to play is to at least have a look before he is delisted. He knows, he might be the very rare type who almost find a glitch/niche and make it somehow work.

Hotdog60
09-07-2012, 07:48 PM
The only thing I can think of was that Panos was named on the extended bench for Round 1. Since then I don't believe he has been named as an emergency.

I have mentioned a few times that I don't rate Panos' chances. I see him as a mix between Nick Saunter and Jack Anthony (not the best of each though).

He is 192cm apparently but I don't really think he has the marking attributes of a KP forward. I see him as a medium forward with the (lack of) mobility of a tall forward. He is a cracking shot for goal but he has nothing else IMO. The only way I can see him offering real value is by being a bit of a swingman and having a go down back. At the very best I see him being somewhat serviceable for a season or so before he is found out.

I do believe however he would help us to win or be more competitive if that was our primary goal. Ayce and co. hardly get the ball, at least Panos can kick. Obviously B-Mac is huge on development and sees a lot more upside in the others. The main reason I want him to play is to at least have a look before he is delisted. He knows, he might be the very rare type who almost find a glitch/niche and make it somehow work.

That's my view too. He's a forward who is a lead up type, if he can get 10 posessions and kick 5 goals a game would that not be good enough from a forward.

Remi Moses
09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
If he kicked 5 goals in a game with our Snail ball movement He'd be Wayne Carey.
Deserves at least a look at, but not confident.

w3design
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Rucking is a specialized role, with specific requirements to fulfil that role.

A: you need the requisite skill sets.

B: you need the height/bulk and or extraordinary spring to make up for the size if you lack it.

Panos for God's sake is not even tall enough for a key position player leave alone a ruckman.
Asking him to fill that role is plainly ridiculous. You might just as well ask Dal or Clay Smith to fill in there. What a joke.
Don't criticize the lad for being unable to be something he clearly is not. I doubt very much that he would have asked to take on such a role.

LostDoggy
09-07-2012, 08:12 PM
If we can give games to Mulligan and Hooper in better years surely we can give 1 to Panos in a worse year.

Desipura
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
If we can give games to Mulligan and Hooper in better years surely we can give 1 to Panos in a worse year.

A different coach this year to last.

Remi Moses
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
If he kicked 5 goals in a game with our Snail ball movement He'd be Wayne Carey.
Deserves at least a look at, but not confident.

LostDoggy
09-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Is Hargrave likely to come back in this week, or is he cooked?

GVGjr
09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Rucking is a specialized role, with specific requirements to fulfil that role.

A: you need the requisite skill sets.

B: you need the height/bulk and or extraordinary spring to make up for the size if you lack it.

Panos for God's sake is not even tall enough for a key position player leave alone a ruckman.
Asking him to fill that role is plainly ridiculous. You might just as well ask Dal or Clay Smith to fill in there. What a joke.
Don't criticize the lad for being unable to be something he clearly is not. I doubt very much that he would have asked to take on such a role.

Thats pretty much how I see it. Asking Panos to ruck doesn't do him or the side anything good.

Bulldog Revolution
09-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Pretty handy news for us that Franklin will miss, however, not so good for my super coach team

Do we really have room for both Austin and Marko in the same team?

Rocco Jones
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Pretty handy news for us that Franklin will miss, however, not so good for my super coach team

Seems like B-Mac/our MC don't really care about team balance.

Remi Moses
09-07-2012, 10:36 PM

No, one has to go. The playing a potential KP player as a ruckman is farcical.

LostDoggy
09-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Atleast Buddy isn't playing!! Scary what he could have done to us.

I don't want to see Austin and Markovic playing in the same side.

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Out Sherman
in Cooney

Looking back it seems obvious from our selections this year that we were never seriously having a crack at finals (playing 3 young talls every week) , and are just trying to get a good look at our list. Which is fine with me, and probably a responsible approach long term.
Good on Bmac for having the balls to do it.

What i don't understand is the criticism of Sherman / (especially) Ves / DJ etc when they are in and out of the side like yo yos and can't get a decent run at it..even a gun can take a few weeks to get his mojo back after a break.

We should be playing these guys as much as possible for the rest of the year to see who is worth keeping. If we are prepared to give the pups multiple chances to come good i don't see why the next age bracket (who have had disrupted careers, ,multiple clubs / positions) shouldn't get a good run at it also . We need players in this age bracket and especially for an underfunded club like ours , who historically has trouble developing players we should make the most of this year and play these guys.
If only one of them comes good its a win for the club. Coon is a known quantity and if he's struggling he might benefit from a rest anyway. We could end up coming out of this period in pretty good shape if we make the most of it.

Mantis
10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't want to see Austin and Markovic playing in the same side.

Except at Williamstown. ;)

G-Mo77
10-07-2012, 01:56 PM
What i don't understand is the criticism of Sherman / (especially) Ves / DJ etc when they are in and out of the side like yo yos and can't get a decent run at it..even a gun can take a few weeks to get his mojo back after a break.

What break did he have though? He wasn't injured he was dropped so he should be hitting the ground running. I don't want to play this guy but we the cupboard is bare.

bulldogsman
10-07-2012, 02:22 PM
In
Jones - Should stay in the side all year
Roughead - Unlucky to be dropped and a strange decision to play him as sub
Vez - Extra run out of the back half
Cooney - Hopefully better after a rest

Out
Cordy - Needs to move around more
Campbell - I like him, but he's not fit enough
Markovic - Was murdered. Lake and Austin can take Gunston and Roughead
Sherman - Terrible.

Dazza
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
In : Jones, Grant, cooney, Roughead

Out : cordy, campbell, Sherman, Djekuerra

I think the 3 ruckman experiment should be put to bed forever.

Play Jones at chf making leads out of the 50 to clear space for the forwards and to give him a better chance at taking a grab without being triple teamed.

Have Dickson be aware of where Roughead is to crumb his spilt marks.

Have Grant lead to the right spots away from the resting ruckman to clear space so we don't get constantly outnumbered.

I'd use Roughy ahead of cordy at this stage because he is a better ruckman. Tom campbell would be in with a chance ahead of Roughy.

Doing all this would fix a few of the problems we have in our forward half. Lack of pace, mobility, pressure and goal smarts would all be addressed. We'd also have forwards capable of making leads.

I'm not actually sure trying to win is our #1 priority at the moment though. It seems getting games into the young rucks is taking precedence over having a functioning forward line.

Other than that play cordy rotating with campbell in the ruck at VFL level so he can learn the craft.

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
What break did he have though? He wasn't injured he was dropped so he should be hitting the ground running. I don't want to play this guy but we the cupboard is bare.

You mean Sherman? I still think after missing large periods at the top level both last
year and this year (form & injury) its not so easy to pop straight back in. We should play him for the rest of the year imo. We possibly payed overs for him so need to give him a chance to show what he is worth.
I understand he is more of a finisher than an in and under type
but you need some of these players too . He came 2nd in the Lions b & f iirc so he can play.
I don't see why he couldn't have a similar impact to eagleton , best case scenario.

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 04:30 PM
In : Jones, Grant, cooney, Roughead

Out : cordy, campbell, Sherman, Djekuerra

I think the 3 ruckman experiment should be put to bed forever.

Play Jones at chf making leads out of the 50 to clear space for the forwards and to give him a better chance at taking a grab without being triple teamed.

Have Dickson be aware of where Roughead is to crumb his spilt marks.

Have Grant lead to the right spots away from the resting ruckman to clear space so we don't get constantly outnumbered.

I'd use Roughy ahead of cordy at this stage because he is a better ruckman. Tom campbell would be in with a chance ahead of Roughy.

Doing all this would fix a few of the problems we have in our forward half. Lack of pace, mobility, pressure and goal smarts would all be addressed. We'd also have forwards capable of making leads.

I'm not actually sure trying to win is our #1 priority at the moment though. It seems getting games into the young rucks is taking precedence over having a functioning forward line.

Other than that play cordy rotating with campbell in the ruck at VFL level so he can learn the craft.

The nature of the forward structure is only part of the problem. Based on last week when we moved the ball at snail's pace in 15 metre increments, by the time we finally get the ball in the vicinity of the forward line there will be no space to lead into.

Given this scenario, none of your issues are addressed because the forward line will be occupied by 30 players.

bornadog
10-07-2012, 04:37 PM
The nature of the forward structure is only part of the problem. Based on last week when we moved the ball at snail's pace in 15 metre increments, by the time we finally get the ball in the vicinity of the forward line there will be no space to lead into.

Given this scenario, none of your issues are addressed because the forward line will be occupied by 30 players.

Wait till you see how the Hawks move the ball from one end to the other.

Remi Moses
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM

We're going to see nice crisp ball movement, no doubt.
The only debate is can that style stand up under the ultimate test.

GVGjr
10-07-2012, 08:36 PM
In
Jones - Should stay in the side all year
Roughead - Unlucky to be dropped and a strange decision to play him as sub
Vez - Extra run out of the back half
Cooney - Hopefully better after a rest

Out
Cordy - Needs to move around more
Campbell - I like him, but he's not fit enough
Markovic - Was murdered. Lake and Austin can take Gunston and Roughead
Sherman - Terrible.

I agree with the players you have nominated. We drop 3 talls and replace them with two and strengthen our run.

Grant and Williams are two worth considering but it's hard to squeeze them in at the moment/

bornadog
10-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Murphy on AFL 360 tonight said he was playing this week, unless the coach decides otherwise.

LostDoggy
11-07-2012, 09:27 AM

They only kick short when they are forced deep into the backline. Otherwise their ball movement is quick through the middle allowing Buddy and Roughead to be one out.

Their movement is entirely different to ours against Freo when we stopped when in possession in the middle of the ground.

Mantis
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I agree with the players you have nominated. We drop 3 talls and replace them with two and strengthen our run.

Grant and Williams are two worth considering but it's hard to squeeze them in at the moment/

I know what you're saying, but considering we are playing so poorly it's hard to take this statement seriously.

GVGjr
11-07-2012, 11:10 PM
I know what you're saying, but considering we are playing so poorly it's hard to take this statement seriously.

I'd hope they come into consideration in the next 2 weeks though.

Hot_Doggies
11-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Mulligan placed on LTI list, Johannisen to be upgraded.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Mulligan placed on LTI list, Johannisen to be upgraded.

Most of us would be excited to see JJ crack a few AFL games this season -- hopefully it happens.

The Underdog
12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Most of us would be excited to see JJ crack a few AFL games this season -- hopefully it happens.

Big chance to audition for a senior gig. General question for those who've seen more of him than me (ie.nearly everyone), what's his disposal like at VFL level?

Looks like the end of James Mulligan has come a little earlier than we'd thought.
Selection process through the last rounds is certainly going to continue to be interesting (hopefully less bewildering).

G-Mo77
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Looks like we're finally scrapping the 3 rucks. Some interesting selections.

Western Bulldogs

B: Tom L. Williams, Brian Lake, Robert Murphy
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Lukas Markovic, Justin Sherman
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
HF: Lindsay Gilbee, Tory Dickson, Christian Howard
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Ayce Cordy, Shaun Higgins
Foll: William Minson, Thomas Liberatore, Liam Picken
I/C: Jarrad Grant, Jason Tutt, Patrick Veszpremi, Nathan Djerrkura, Mitchell Wallis, Clay Smith, Daniel Pearce

In: Ryan Hargrave, Robert Murphy, Tom L. Williams, Jarrad Grant, Patrick Veszpremi, Daniel Pearce
Out: Easton Wood (Adductor), Tom Campbell (Soreness), Mark Austin (Thigh)

Milestones: Matthew Boyd - 200 games

Hawthorn

B: Matt Suckling, Josh Gibson, Benjamin Stratton
HB: Grant Birchall, Ryan Schoenmakers, Shaun Burgoyne
C: Clinton Young, Sam Mitchell, Liam Shiels
HF: Cyril Rioli, Jack Gunston, Brendan Whitecross
F: Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
Foll: David Hale, Brad Sewell, Jordan Lewis
I/C: Stephen Gilham, Luke Lowden, Shane Savage, Thomas Murphy, Kyle Cheney, Isaac Smith, Bradley Hill

In: Stephen Gilham, Brad Sewell, Luke Lowden, Shaun Burgoyne
Out: Lance Franklin (Hamstring)

New: Luke Lowden (Sandringham Dragons / Caulfield Grammar)

Milestones: Jarryd Roughead - 150 games, Ryan Schoenmakers - 50 games

divvydan
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Official Team

Western Bulldogs

B: Tom L. Williams, Brian Lake, Robert Murphy
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Lukas Markovic, Justin Sherman
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
HF: Lindsay Gilbee, Tory Dickson, Christian Howard
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Ayce Cordy, Shaun Higgins
Foll: William Minson, Thomas Liberatore, Liam Picken
I/C (from): Jarrad Grant, Jason Tutt, Patrick Veszpremi, Nathan Djerrkura, Mitchell Wallis, Clay Smith, Daniel Pearce

In: Ryan Hargrave, Robert Murphy, Tom L. Williams, Jarrad Grant, Patrick Veszpremi, Daniel Pearce
Out: Easton Wood (Adductor), Tom Campbell (Soreness), Mark Austin (Thigh)

Milestones: Matthew Boyd - 200 games

LostDoggy
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank f 1 ruck.
Sherman off half back?

divvydan
12-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Worth a try, more likely Sherman/Howard/Higgins will all rotate through those flanker spots at both ends. The way the team's named there's only Cordy as a tall forward. with maybe Grant. Perhaps with Buddy out, Lake might be tried forward at some point.

LostDoggy
12-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Pretty certain Williams will play forward and give Minson a chop out. There is no match up for him in defense.

If Lake doesn't play on Roughead ill probably cry.

Cyberdoggie
12-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Pretty certain Williams will play forward and give Minson a chop out. There is no match up for him in defense.

If Lake doesn't play on Roughead ill probably cry.

Markovic? how many goals you reckon?

Mantis
12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
That is one horrible looking forward line.

azabob
12-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Glad to see Jones spend another week in the twos and glad to see Cordy get another go. Hopefully he attacks the ball this week.

The Underdog
12-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Hopefully Tutt gets a decent run. Interesting that Williams after coming back from a shoulder injury is likely to be our 2nd ruck.

Desipura
12-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I think they have the balance of talls wrong. Williams will be underdone so will not provide enough support as a 2nd ruck man.
I guess they plan on rotating Cordy through there at times as well.
Our lack of genuine forward with a forwards instinct is seriously lacking.

azabob
12-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Hopefully Tutt gets a decent run. Interesting that Williams after coming back from a shoulder injury is likely to be our 2nd ruck.

How does one join the fan club? I would like to join.

LostDoggy
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
You mean Sherman? I still think after missing large periods at the top level both last
year and this year (form & injury) its not so easy to pop straight back in. We should play him for the rest of the year imo. We possibly payed overs for him so need to give him a chance to show what he is worth.
I understand he is more of a finisher than an in and under type
but you need some of these players too . He came 2nd in the Lions b & f iirc so he can play.
I don't see why he couldn't have a similar impact to eagleton , best case scenario.

Agreed. Sherman is just the type of player we're screaming out for and we KNOW he can do it.

Give him a decent crack and let him weave his magic.

The Underdog
12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
How does one join the fan club? I would like to join.

I think not being on the match committee is a fairly strong qualifier. So far meetings have been held at my place on an ad hoc basis but if there's going to be more than one in the club I might have to look at changing that:) Maybe a Save our Vez signature for the club members to show support.
Seriously though, Vez appeals to me as a bit of an old school natural footballer, whether that covers for his deficiencies in "the modern game" or even within what is being asked of our players I'm not sure, but I would like to see him get an extended run at the senior's just to see whether he can cut it once and for all. I would particularly like to see him given a shot at a small forward role with Gia out.

GVGjr
12-07-2012, 10:39 PM

I suppose the real question is if we will line up anything like it?

GVGjr
12-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I think they have the balance of talls wrong. Williams will be underdone so will not provide enough support as a 2nd ruck man.

Based on last week Cordy just won't fight hard enough to get in front of his opponent as a key forward so we are very much lacking a focal point. It's one of the reasons why I think we should stick with Jones despite his form.

Nuggety Back Pocket
12-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Might be time to move Murphy forward.
Little point in relying on only Dahlhaus and Dickson to kick the goals.

Nuggety Back Pocket
12-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Agreed. Sherman is just the type of player we're screaming out for and we KNOW he can do it.

Give him a decent crack and let him weave his magic.

I would not hold your breath on Sherman. He is very lucky to still be in the side on current form. A big disappointment.

Nuggety Back Pocket
12-07-2012, 11:44 PM

At least Williams will compete on the forward line but doesn't appeal as a genuine second ruckman. Disappointing that Roughead who was being groomed as the second ruckman at the start of the year hasn't come on.

Nuggety Back Pocket
13-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Based on last week Cordy just won't fight hard enough to get in front of his opponent as a key forward so we are very much lacking a focal point. It's one of the reasons why I think we should stick with Jones despite his form.

Cordy doesn't play like a key forward. Still hasn't learned how to lead as a good forward should. Needs also to constantly engage in marking practice at training to really master this skill. Jones likewise has many flaws to his game and has been a big disappointment. Can take a high mark but invariably gets caught under the ball, when timing his leap.

jeemak
13-07-2012, 12:06 AM
With Vez, the major thing he needs to do to become a player is slim down. He's carrying way too much and only attention to diet and track work will get him over the line. For the type of player he is, he just can't afford to have an interrupted preseason or any more lapses going forward. I hope he gets one more year to prove he can do it, because he is one of only a handful of players on our list that actually looks as if he can get some penetration with his kicking and running.

Watching the second half of the game at the Elgin on Sunday, I heard a couple of people talking about our team and the comment that "we have the worst forward line in history" stood out for me. I couldn't get angry at it, and couldn't disagree! It's such a shame Grant and Jones have stalled in their development.

I'm neither here nor there with selection these days. I hope there's a plan in place, I really do, buggered if I'm going to think about it too much from this point on though. Rather, I think I'll be content with thoughts of the development of youth supplemented by appearances of older players to help out.

westbulldog
13-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Looking back it seems obvious from our selections this year that we were never seriously having a crack at finals (playing 3 young talls every week) , and are just trying to get a good look at our list. Which is fine with me, and probably a responsible approach long term.
Good on Bmac for having the balls to do it.

We should be playing these guys as much as possible for the rest of the year to see who is worth keeping. If we are prepared to give the pups multiple chances to come good i don't see why the next age bracket (who have had disrupted careers, ,multiple clubs / positions) shouldn't get a good run at it also . We need players in this age bracket and especially for an underfunded club like ours , who historically has trouble developing players we should make the most of this year and play these guys.
If only one of them comes good its a win for the club. Coon is a known quantity and if he's struggling he might benefit from a rest anyway. We could end up coming out of this period in pretty good shape if we make the most of it.

we shall see how he shapes up against the likes of Cyril. He , and others have had ample opportunities and haven't been successful IMO.

divvydan
13-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Final team in.

Hargrave, Murphy, Williams in. Wood, Austin, Campbell out.

Emg: Pearce, Vez, Grant.

bornadog
13-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Final team in.

Hargrave, Murphy, Williams in. Wood, Austin, Campbell out.

Emg: Pearce, Vez, Grant.

Some experience in.

Greystache
13-07-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm a bit confused by that, we bring in Hargrave and Murphy but leave Gilbee in??

azabob
13-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm a bit confused by that, we bring in Hargrave and Murphy but leave Gilbee in??

Maybe one will play forward?

Remi Moses
13-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Would like to see Grant and Pearce in .
Gilbee and Sherman out.

jeemak
13-07-2012, 08:54 PM

The only reason I can think of is polish. The MC might realise it would be nice to have a few good ball users playing together.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-07-2012, 09:10 PM
The only reason I can think of is polish. The MC might realise it would be nice to have a few good ball users playing together.

I thought the same, of which you cannot blame them.

Go_Dogs
14-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I thought the same, of which you cannot blame them.

I tend to agree, although Gilbee did kick on particularly lazy ball last week off a step that directly cost a goal. He did offset that with some great reading of the play and interception marks which resulted in a few 'clean' forward entries. Would actually like to see him not play as a defender and play more wing, half forward.

Just about our strongest side for the year on paper one would think.

Hotdog60
14-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Gilbee could play the 'Gia' role and I think he may have Gia for pace, just.:D

Bumper Bulldogs
14-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Gilbee could play the 'Gia' role and I think he may have Gia for pace, just.:D

By this you mean run under the ball, fall over and not chase:D

Hotdog60
14-07-2012, 08:21 PM
By this you mean run under the ball, fall over and not chase:D

Your just getting back at me for eating dog...:D