PDA

View Full Version : Biggest improver from each side this season

Rocco Jones
10-07-2012, 01:03 AM
These threads were meant to be weekly but I am lazy.

As a bit of a preface, I am looking for:
- older players. I don't really see 20, 21 year olds as improvers more so natural maturing
- really rate going from very good to great/elie i.e rate going from a 8/10 to a 9 more than going from a 4 to a 7.

Crows: Dangerfield- Lots of options but really rate the jump from HF/mid stints to being on the cusp of elite midfielder. Walker loses points because I think the improvement has largely come from just starting to try!

Lions: Merrett- Hard one with Lions. Merrett has added a string to his bow showing value forward.

Blues: Carrazzo- Best tagger in the league with his ability to play in the middle, back and forward.

Pies:Sidebottom- Just gets the nod over Beams.

Dons: Watson- Might be an odd one considering he has been a gun for ages but as I said at the top, massive points for jump to elite level.

Freo: De Boer- I don't really watch them but he seems to have improved!

Cats: Motlop- I know he goes against my age rule but he has made a big jump.

Suns: Bennell- Had to break the rule for the Suns.

GWS: Giles- I know he didn't play AFL last year, more an improvement on expecations perhaps?

Hawks: Hale- Valuable member for a contender.

Kangas: R.Tarrant- More so the last couple of weeks but they have been impressive.

Dees: Watts- Coming good.

Port: Brad Ebert- Move home has kick started his career.

Tigers: Maric- Massive find for the Tigers.

Saints: Steven- Very poor timing but just gets in front of Armitage.

Swans: Jetta- Has really exploded this year, Richards close.

WCE: Hill- Hmmm

Dogs: Minson- Really taken his chance as #1 ruck.

LostDoggy
11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Hard to disagree with most of that..

Although for West Coast i would be looking at Scott Selwood as most improved by far.

Sydney, Josh Kennedy has gone from good to elite.

Clancee Pearce for Freo probably..