PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Dogs Tweet Up

OfficialBulldogs
10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Big footy fan and avid social media user?

The Western Bulldogs Tweet Up event is the only place to be this Sunday when we take on the Hawks at Etihad Stadium.

We have gathered a panel of industry experts and footy insiders to talk everything AFL, social media and fantasy football before the game in our first official Tweet Up.

Make sure you are in The Social Suite on Sunday – a unique inner sanctum event for the Club’s social media community and anyone looking to break into the media industry.

Whether you are looking to gain insight into the AFL or simply to network with industry insiders and other Twitter & Social Media followers then this event is for you!

Time is running out to book your spot, so get in quickly.

For more information, visit www.westernbulldogs.com.au/tweetup.

For more information on this weekend's Social Showdown and how you can get involved, click here. (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/140957/default.aspx)

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Big footy?

bornadog
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Big footy fan and avid social media user?

The Western Bulldogs Tweet Up event is the only place to be this Sunday when we take on the Hawks at Etihad Stadium.

We have gathered a panel of industry experts and footy insiders to talk everything AFL, social media and fantasy football before the game in our first official Tweet Up.

Make sure you are in The Social Suite on Sunday – a unique inner sanctum event for the Club’s social media community and anyone looking to break into the media industry.

Whether you are looking to gain insight into the AFL or simply to network with industry insiders and other Twitter & Social Media followers then this event is for you!

Time is running out to book your spot, so get in quickly.

For more information, visit www.westernbulldogs.com.au/tweetup.

For more information on this weekend's Social Showdown and how you can get involved, click here. (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/140957/default.aspx)

We are better than Big Footy;)

OfficialBulldogs
10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Shall we rephrase: Mad football fan - no reference to an opposing forum.

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Shall we rephrase: Mad football fan - no reference to an opposing forum.

obviously the club is trying something new. you could get on board as opposed to being automatically negative ...(heres lookin at you chops)

Remi Moses
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
The whole Tweets on the bottom of the Screen drives me bonkers.
Reading them out drives me spare also.
Each to their own I guess

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
obviously the club is trying something new. you could get on board as opposed to being automatically negative ...(heres lookin at you chops)

Im glad you admire me.
2 others made your so called negative comments as well.
I simply pointed out this not big footy.
If you have a problem with my post take it up the mods.

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Im glad you admire me.
2 others made your so called negative comments as well.
I simply pointed out this not big footy.
If you have a problem with my post take it up the mods.

Nothing personal Chops/Ernie (and I don't think its a particularly good idea) but if the club is being proactive surely we could give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out?

edit - and yes i admire you very much. it says something don't you think if you are self important enough to use such a phrase?

LostDoggy
11-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Nothing personal Chops/Ernie (and I don't think its a particularly good idea) but if the club is being proactive surely we could give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out

Why did feel the need to single me out? Of the 3 comments my one was the least negative.

Desipura
11-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Why did feel the need to single me out? Of the 3 comments my one was the least negative.

Because you are annoying.

LostDoggy
11-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Because you are annoying.

I just do it for you.

Desipura
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I just do it for you.

I know. :D

Bumper Bulldogs
12-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I know. :D

Girls, Girls , Girls the club is trying, teaching a young group of kids now is they live with a phone in their hand 24/7. If it is the start of a new support base lets give it a go. Yes Big Footy sucks but the people who follow it I would be happy to get them in toe and maybe a small memberships to hear our tweets.

Desipura
12-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Girls, Girls , Girls the club is trying, teaching a young group of kids now is they live with a phone in their hand 24/7. If it is the start of a new support base lets give it a go. Yes Big Footy sucks but the people who follow it I would be happy to get them in toe and maybe a small memberships to hear our tweets.

BB I did not even know what the subject was about, I just found it a good time to stir Chops. :D

Sockeye Salmon
12-07-2012, 09:57 PM
How does this twitter thingy work?

I set up an account, clicked "follow" on one or two people, now what happens?

SonofScray
12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I am on twitter, I followed the Club and a few players and news sites etc. Their comments go into a new feed and you can message or 'tweet' them back, some of the players and journo's etc will give you a reply.

if you use the hashtag #westernfront, your comments come up in a newsfeed specific to the dogs. And so on.

azabob
12-07-2012, 11:07 PM
How does this twitter thingy work?

I set up an account, clicked "follow" on one or two people, now what happens?

Now you wait till they tweet!!

Bumper Bulldogs
13-07-2012, 08:26 AM
BB I did not even know what the subject was about, I just found it a good time to stir Chops. :D

I had a guess and thought you guys were mates:D

bornadog
13-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I had a guess and thought you guys were mates:D

They sit together at the footy:D:D

Desipura
13-07-2012, 10:58 AM
They sit together at the footy:D:D

Haha, I did sit 2 rows away from Mantis against Brisbane (he did not know). I was criticising Gia for not chasing (I dont normally stir our players at the game).
I was hoping I would get a reaction, he was too busy playing on his phone. :D

Sockeye Salmon
13-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Now you wait till they tweet!!

Do I get the tweets on my phone? I have a blackberry rather than a smartphone.

bornadog
13-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Do I get the tweets on my phone? I have a blackberry rather than a smartphone.

There should be an app for twitter you can download.