PDA

View Full Version : Round 16 - Other Matches

Eastdog
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
For all discussion of the other matches in Round 16 starting tomorrow night with North Melbourne taking on Carlton at Etihad Stadium.

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I tipped Carlton in tonight 's match but not by a lot.

bornadog
13-07-2012, 05:17 PM
I tipped Carlton in tonight 's match but not by a lot.

Me too, but wouldn't be surprised if North won.

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Me too, but wouldn't be surprised if North won.

Definitely would not be surprised if North got up as they have been in good form the last couple of weeks and at first tipped North until I changed it. It may well be a cracker.

azabob
13-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Definitely would not be surprised if North got up as they have been in good form the last couple of weeks and at first tipped North until I changed it. It may well be a cracker.

It most likely will be a good game to watch. Neither club appear too concerned about defence, quick free scoring footy is their go.

Bulldog4life
13-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Always a dangerous move to change your tip Eastdog.:)

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Always a dangerous move to change your tip Eastdog.:)

It's a risk. Hopefully I get the tip. Last time I changed tips was Round 1 Hawthorn V Collingwood right at the last minute. Tipped Hawthorn first then changed last minute to Collingwood. Bad move in the end should of stuck with Hawthorn.

jeemak
13-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Didn't see a lot in the free awarded to Petrie against Jameson.

With side on contact I don't understand why you can't have two movements if the ball is within five metres. It's crap that the stronger or better positioned player is punished.

Jameson will go for dropping the knees though.

jeemak
13-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Judd's a bit of a prick. Pressure points, elbows to the head and now chicken winging a guy that's pinned on his front.

He'll be cool though, media will get behind him.

Remi Moses
13-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Bit of a game of Basketball this one.

azabob
13-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Bit of a game of Basketball this one.

No surprise, I said something similar earlier in this thread before the game.

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't know how Collingwood lost to Carlton as North Melbourne are dominating against Carlton.

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 11:04 PM
North on their current form will make the 8. Carlton were touted as premiership favourites at the start look at them now.

Sedat
13-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Norf are near certainties to make the finals now. Very cushy run for the next 3 weeks and GWS to follow later on. That's 12 wins bare minimum.

Carlton's 'window' never happened. Still so many holes in their list.

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Norf are near certainties to make the finals now. Very cushy run for the next 3 weeks and GWS to follow later on. That's 12 wins bare minimum.

Carlton's 'window' never happened. Still so many holes in their list.

Carlton was a team with a lot of 1st round draft picks. That doesn't guarantee success.

Scraggers
13-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I blame Eastdog for North's win tonight ... Never Change Your Tipping !!!

Eastdog
13-07-2012, 11:33 PM
I blame Eastdog for North's win tonight ... Never Change Your Tipping !!!

Big mistake. Should of stuck with North. Did the same thing with the Hawthorn-Collingwood match in Round 1. Tipped Hawthorn initially then changed to Collingwood at the last minute. Lesson: Never change your tip.

LostDoggy
13-07-2012, 11:36 PM
After that disgusting act, Judd shouldn't be playing against us next week.
However, given it's Judd, i'm half expecting him to get off

The Bulldogs Bite
13-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Not many sides have depth. Carlton have had a few injuries, but they simply cannot cover them. A few other sides are in a similar vein. I think that eighth spot will come down to who can have the healthiest list on the park for the longest.

I think it'll come down to St. Kilda/North, but I'd love to see Richmond scrape in.

Remi Moses
13-07-2012, 11:57 PM
The injury to Simpson as hurt Carlton.
Great game for the neutrals ( not one for the coaches).
That style as we know doesn't win finals.
Judd cannot beat that charge ( what an ordinary effort )

Sedat
14-07-2012, 12:04 AM
After that disgusting act, Judd shouldn't be playing against us next week.
However, given it's Judd, i'm half expecting him to get off
Shit act by Judd, but seeing as he won a Brownlow despite smashing Pav in the face, expect a reprimand once again. He might have gotten a week or two if Adams' arm was amputated :rolleyes:

westdog54
14-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Shit act by Judd, but seeing as he won a Brownlow despite smashing Pav in the face, expect a reprimand once again. He might have gotten a week or two if Adams' arm was amputated :rolleyes:

Oh how terribly cynical you are.

Don't you know that the MRP treats every incident and every player on its merits??:D

I reckon even Juddy might be in strife on this one.

jeemak
14-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I loved Bruce's reaction to what was clearly dodgy, it went something like "you'd love to be tackled by Judd wouldn't you".

The whole Judd mania including the continual crosses to his wife during games and the perverted nature of the adoration befelled upon him by a vast section of the media is strange.

This is the third or fourth time he's either inflicted pain or tried to inflict pain on a vulnerable player. He should be called out on this one.

The Adelaide Connection
14-07-2012, 11:25 AM
If the MRP shows any credibility Judd will go. Add Jameson (for dropping his knees into Petrie), Walker (who will be out for a month with a calf injury) and maybe Joseph (who was concussed) and we should really be confident of winning this one.

Ghost Dog
14-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I loved Bruce's reaction to what was clearly dodgy, it went something like "you'd love to be tackled by Judd wouldn't you".

The whole Judd mania including the continual crosses to his wife during games and the perverted nature of the adoration befelled upon him by a vast section of the media is strange.

This is the third or fourth time he's either inflicted pain or tried to inflict pain on a vulnerable player. He should be called out on this one.

Hid his connection to shares in pokies companies rather quickly didn't he?
Why he needs to pull out these occasional acts of dirty lunacy is beyond me ( eye gouge, chicken wing tackles ) Just not necessary.

azabob
14-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Hid his connection to shares in pokies companies rather quickly didn't he?
Why he needs to pull out these occasional acts of dirty lunacy is beyond me ( eye gouge, chicken wing tackles ) Just not necessary.

Don't forget his elbow to Pavlich...

And yes I'm glad you brought up his pokies association. I cannot begin to explain how I feel towards him.

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Just watched the Dees Freo game.
Love watching Stephen Hill play, and Freo average for 3 quarters ran all over the Dees.

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Essendon also back on track defeating Port comfortably. Maybe last week was an abberation. I tipped the Saints tonight to get over the Lions.

SlimPickens
14-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Richmond playing terribly, gold coast playing some very good footy.

azabob
14-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Essendon also back on track defeating Port comfortably. Maybe last week was an abberation. I tipped the Saints tonight to get over the Lions.

Wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane win. They are in ok form and being up there, they will do ok.

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane win. They are in ok form and being up there, they will do ok.

They have been going alright Brisbane and definitely especially at the Gabba can win. St Kilda we have to remember aren't the team they were a few years ago when we were very good as well.

Ghost Dog
14-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Don't forget his elbow to Pavlich...

And yes I'm glad you brought up his pokies association. I cannot begin to explain how I feel towards him.

Great Cartoon in theage. title ' Ratten coaching out of the box' and image, one foot out of a coffin.

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Does anyone find this Wellingham segment a tad distasteful?
The other Bloke's gotta busted jaw!!

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Great Cartoon in theage. title ' Ratten coaching out of the box' and image, one foot out of a coffin.

Be careful GD. You'll be accused of enjoying another team's misery.

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Gold Coast get an amazing first win against Richmond. 3 goals in the last 3 mins. Hunt getting the winner.

westdog54
14-07-2012, 08:15 PM
How good is this for Gold Coast PR for the AFL: Karmichael Hunt kicks a goal after the siren to win their first game of the year.

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 08:19 PM
How good is this for Gold Coast PR for the AFL: Karmichael Hunt kicks a goal after the siren to win their first game of the year.

Not too many get to do it. It will really boost his confidence. Richmond lose to them up there again.

westdog54
14-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Not too many get to do it. It will really boost his confidence. Richmond lose to them up there again.

I've said it a couple of times this year but I can see him being a more than servicable footballer by the time his career is over. I highly doubt he will play either rugby code at an elite level again.

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Big fallout from this for Richmond!
Microwaves at the ready.

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Big fallout from this for Richmond!
Microwaves at the ready.

Could be a blackout from the over use of the microwaves. :D

Scraggers
14-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Richmond lose to Gold Coast ... again ???
(cue little girl's laugh) ... he he he he he he he he he he :D

could not have happened to a better team !!

Maddog37
14-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hawkins nearly takes the best mark ever and BT craps on about the camera work!

Also Guthrie in 29 really looks like early Gazza.

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Wonder how long it takes to microwave a membership?

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Collingwood looking strong against Geelong. Not sure how they lost last week. I wish we could be able to lock the ball in the forward 50 like Collingwood do.

bornadog
14-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Wonder how long it takes to microwave a membership?

Depends on how long the cue is to the microwave:D

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 09:32 PM

If it's a High Power microwave it will be a lot quicker. :D

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Could we see the return of the chicken poo?

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Geelong sort of hanging in not really though.

Scraggers
14-07-2012, 10:53 PM
C'mon Brisbane !! 11 points up, 5 minute mark of the last

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 10:55 PM
C'mon Brisbane !! 11 points up, 5 minute mark of the last

Tipped the Saints there. Could go either way still.

Scraggers
14-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Scores level ... C'mon Brisbane !!

Remi Moses
14-07-2012, 11:39 PM
If we could have one more win I hope it's Stkilda.
Collingwood impressive and Geelong have just got to many holes to fill.
Been some ride with the three in 5 years.

LostDoggy
15-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Richmond hilarious. Go GWS!

Eastdog
15-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Just flicked on the Eagles and Swans match. Swans looking good.

Mantis
16-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Just flicked on the Eagles and Swans match. Swans looking good.

They were very good. If we use them as a guide it shows we need to make our draft picks count as they have added in a few young players who are making a significant impact when surrounded by the same core (Goodes, Bolton, O'Keefe) who have been around for years.

What is also very noticeable is that while they are still holding their defensive structures they move move the ball much quicker than they did in the past going forward... We have gone the other way.

Remi Moses
16-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Talk about lack of Tact .
The Geelong contingent heading over to Adelaide to talk to Boak!
Very disrespectful

Desipura
16-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Very disrespectful

I wish we were as disrespectful in regarding to poaching players.

chef
16-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Very disrespectful

I wouldn't mind us doing the same(especially after having Harbrow and Ward poached off us) and I would hope we are smart enough as a club to be doing it.

Nice guys finish last.

Remi Moses
16-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't mind us doing the same(especially after having Harbrow and Ward poached off us) and I would hope we are smart enough as a club to be doing it.

Nice guys finish last.

Fair point. Just envisaged Eddie and another team strolling into town to take their best player:eek: