PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wynd on Eddie Mcguire Tonight

LostDoggy
18-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Absolute champion of course as eddie pointed out from jacana near broady. Club captain, hall of famer, team of the century, oh and winner of Chas. Eddie kept mentioning his business which is something to do with waste. Is in business with Glen Coleman.

Mentioned at the time hed been training at Richmond, Melbourne and had spoken to Dennis Pagan who was intimidating.Considers he was really lucky to do what he did at the dogs.

On his Brownlow that it was a dream to even goto the Brownlow. Arfter the prelom they lpst that they wre at the pub till 3 and thought theyd better leave and go and get ready. He was really keen to get off the stage because he was daunted by it all.

Asked if hed perhaps replace Smorgon due to his business acxumen. Scott replied that with his business, his family and coaching at assumption college that its a major committment he hasnt got time for just yet.

For a shy kid from jacana who had a crack at it. He could mever thanls the bulldogs enough for the way it ddevelops you.

The honour of being captain is something that he holds as high if not higher than the brownlow. Very proud to captain as long as he did.

Not a bad intetview.

Im shattered he didnt ask what he thought of the photo of him in that ruck contest with Garry Abblett Snr on the front cover of that football photography book tjat came out about a year ago. Better yet the phoyo was frpm Skinner Resrtve in Braybrook 5 minutes from wherw i loved as a kid. Oh well Ill ask myself if i eber get the chance.

azabob
18-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for that post.

I'll never ever forget seeing Wynd in the changes rooms early 90's and the brusies on the back of his hammy's. I was only young so I assume he tore it?

Champion player.

Am I wrong in saying he'd struggle in todays game? Or do posters believe he could adapt?

Sockeye Salmon
19-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Absolute champion of course as eddie pointed out from jacana near broady. Club captain, hall of famer, team of the century, oh and winner of Chas. Eddie kept mentioning his business which is something to do with waste. Is in business with Glen Coleman.

Mentioned at the time hed been training at Richmond, Melbourne and had spoken to Dennis Pagan who was intimidating.Considers he was really lucky to do what he did at the dogs.

On his Brownlow that it was a dream to even goto the Brownlow. Arfter the prelom they lpst that they wre at the pub till 3 and thought theyd better leave and go and get ready. He was really keen to get off the stage because he was daunted by it all.

Asked if hed perhaps replace Smorgon due to his business acxumen. Scott replied that with his business, his family and coaching at assumption college that its a major committment he hasnt got time for just yet.

For a shy kid from jacana who had a crack at it. He could mever thanls the bulldogs enough for the way it ddevelops you.

The honour of being captain is something that he holds as high if not higher than the brownlow. Very proud to captain as long as he did.

Not a bad intetview.

Im shattered he didnt ask what he thought of the photo of him in that ruck contest with Garry Abblett Snr on the front cover of that football photography book tjat came out about a year ago. Better yet the phoyo was frpm Skinner Resrtve in Braybrook 5 minutes from wherw i loved as a kid. Oh well Ill ask myself if i eber get the chance.

Thanks for that, but do us all a favour and put your keys back in the right spot on your keyboard

LostDoggy
19-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks for that post.

I'll never ever forget seeing Wynd in the changes rooms early 90's and the brusies on the back of his hammy's. I was only young so I assume he tore it?

Champion player.

Am I wrong in saying he'd struggle in todays game? Or do posters believe he could adapt?

He'd be a revelation in todays game because he could actually palm the ball to a team-mate. And imagine this, take a mark over his head.

No less mobile than a number running around succesfully at the moment eg Maric, Mumford, Hale etc.

Mofra
19-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Wynd would definately make it in today's game - would he be as dominant? Possibly (maybe unlikely), but only due to the new interchange rule. He'd basically be a Hudson-type with better tapwork.
Classic ruck type that wouldn't be able to play the no 2 role, has to be the main ruckman.

Hotdog60
19-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Wynd would definately make it in today's game - would he be as dominant? Possibly (maybe unlikely), but only due to the new interchange rule. He'd basically be a Hudson-type with better tapwork.
Classic ruck type that wouldn't be able to play the no 2 role, has to be the main ruckman.

It's interesting that Scotty's forte' was dropping back to help out defense. The modern ruckman tends to go forward and try and kick goals.

Is there a place for a defensive ruckman in todays football?

G-Mo77
19-07-2012, 02:10 PM
It's interesting that Scotty's forte' was dropping back to help out defense. The modern ruckman tends to go forward and try and kick goals.

Is there a place for a defensive ruckman in todays football?

One that could do to it as well as Scotty, yeah there is.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Interesting he was asked about the Presidents job

LostDoggy
19-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for that, but do us all a favour and put your keys back in the right spot on your keyboard

That's Gold.