PDA

View Full Version : Round 17 - Other Matches

Eastdog
19-07-2012, 01:47 PM
This is a big round of footy for a lot of teams with some important matches. It all starts tomorrow night with Geelong taking on Essendon at Etihad Stadium.

Eastdog
20-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Tipped Geelong in tonight's match against Essendon. I still think there is something there. Obviously they have gone down a bit in 2012 but I still think they are a top 8 team.

Eastdog
20-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Geelong have been very good tonight and will most certainly I would say finish in the top 8.

Remi Moses
20-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Bombre fans couldn't even blame the umps tonight.
What about the Geelong recruiting Duncan, Smedtz and the like.
Stephen Wells should have a statue outside that ground.
Imagine one of the top 4 losing their first final and getting nervous if they face them

Greystache
21-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Bombre fans couldn't even blame the umps tonight.
What about the Geelong recruiting Duncan, Smedtz and the like.
Stephen Wells should have a statue outside that ground.
Imagine one of the top 4 losing their first final and getting nervous if they face them

They were, you've never heard vitriol like what they were directing at the umpires tonight.

I was there tonight, the wheels seem to be falling off again for Essendon late in the season. We'll need year or two to make an informed opinion but the self appointed "weapon" could be just about the most overrated man in AFL footy.

azabob
21-07-2012, 12:43 AM
They were, you've never heard vitriol like what they were directing at the umpires tonight.

I was there tonight, the wheels seem to be falling off again for Essendon late in the season. We'll need year or two to make an informed opinion but the self appointed "weapon" could be just about the most overrated man in AFL footy.

Who's the weapon?

Greystache
21-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Who's the weapon?

Essendon's newly appointed fitness guru they poached from Geelong. He's the King of the industry. .. just ask him :cool:

azabob
21-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Essendon's newly appointed fitness guru they poached from Geelong. He's the King of the industry. .just ask him :cool:

Oh yeah, how is his soft tissue injury count going?

Remi Moses
21-07-2012, 12:55 AM

I've just had the headphones on SEN, and you guessed it they're mentioning every umpiring decision that went against them! :eek:

Remi Moses
21-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Oh yeah, how is his soft tissue injury count going?

The weapon of mass destruction :p

jeemak
21-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Only Essendon could be so far ahead of themselves that their cheer squad has a banner dedicated to their head of fitness.

I can just imagine the tripe they're sprouting about the umpires on BF and SEN right now.

LostDoggy
21-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Billie Smedts is all I can say.
We could have survived another 70+ games.

Also James Murdorch. Why didnt Rupert play with us?

ReLoad
21-07-2012, 10:15 AM
The bombers fitness campaign reminds me of ours from a few years ago.

We flogged our players early on in the pre season and had a great first 2/3 of the season, but we were not even close to being primed physically for the finals.

Players tailed off, some soft tissue injuries, but peak stamina and endurance was just not there.

Go_Dogs
21-07-2012, 10:39 AM
We'll need year or two to make an informed opinion but the self appointed "weapon" could be just about the most overrated man in AFL footy.

As you say, it's just way to early to make an assessment. Only so much can be accomplished in one pre-season, and it really won't be until another couple have passed that the results of his program will become clear.

Essendon must now hope that the clubs going for those final few spots in the top 8 fall over each other, with their draw it's looking increasingly difficult.

Eastdog
21-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Big win coming up for Hawthorn over Collingwood making them a real premiership threat.

bornadog
21-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Big win coming up for Hawthorn over Collingwood making them a real premiership threat.

Have to be favourites along with Adelaide who have had a big win against the WCoke.

Edit: I have Sydney ahead of Adelaide

Remi Moses
22-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Just watched the Hawks Pies game.
Bit surprised by the ease of the win and the lack of pressure .
Jordan Lewis starred up forward ( looks leaner) Gunston looks a real player as well.
Hawthorn ball movement and delivery is enjoyable to watch. The Cloke contract issue is seriously affecting him and their club. It's amazing Adelaide lost Davis, Bock and Gunston and haven't missed a beat. Great recruiting from Rendell and Sanderson has to be the coach of the year. West Coast workrate was appalling , but they've got a few winnable games so top 4 is still in their sights

Sedat
22-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Really good game between Sydney and St Kinda brewing. Tough, uncompromising, committed effort from both teams. I can't believe how much Mike Pyke has improved at this level - his tap work at the stoppages is Simon Madden-esque.

Sedat
22-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Swannies home with 4 goals in the last 4 minutes but St Kilda very brave - just butchered so many opportunities in the 2nd half.

Sydney will be talked about as a premiership threat one of these days. Everybody obsessed with Hawthorn, Collingwood, West Coke and Carlton at different stages this year but Sydney will be up there when the whips are cracking. Awesome and deep midfield, settled defensive unit who can defend one-on-one and also provide defensive 50 rebound, key forwards capable of breaking the game open and outside runners who can break the lines with the best of them. Sydney has weapons everywhere.

azabob
22-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Swannies home with 4 goals in the last 4 minutes but St Kilda very brave - just butchered so many opportunities in the 2nd half.

Sydney will be talked about as a premiership threat one of these days. Everybody obsessed with Hawthorn, Collingwood, West Coke and Carlton at different stages this year but Sydney will be up there when the whips are cracking. Awesome and deep midfield, settled defensive unit who can defend one-on-one and also provide defensive 50 rebound, key forwards capable of breaking the game open and outside runners who can break the lines with the best of them. Sydney has weapons everywhere.

Agree Sedat and don't forget the other bird - The Crows.

Swans have beat all comers this year, they even destroyed the Hawks earlier this season. I didn't think it was possible but Longmire has done a super job with that club and how he has tweaked the list to improve the run and carry as well as keeping the hardness at the contest.

Eastdog
22-07-2012, 09:35 PM
North are finals bound after beating Richmond today. Drew Petrie is in great form up forward for North. We need a Drew Petrie kind of player up forward.

Remi Moses
23-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Didn't see the game but that was some weird scoreboard.
Sydney couldn't kick a goal at the start, but stkilda were 5 1 at one stage!
Richmond just butchered the ball coming out defensively, and although he has a crack Alex Rance does it often. Looks like Norf will make the eight

Mofra
23-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Jordan Lewis starred up forward ( looks leaner)
Pre-season in an interview Lewis metioned he was now lighter than when he was drafted, seems to have worked wonders.