PDA

View Full Version : Woof Player Awards Rnd 17 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton

BulldogBelle
21-07-2012, 03:25 PM
R 17 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton

There are two awards that you can vote on, once the game is completed.

Voting closes each Tuesday at 8.00pm.

The first one is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

and

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground.

2 Votes allocated - 2 being for the best pup and 1 for the runner-up
Remember the cut off age for a pup is 22 as at the 1st of January, 2012.

Pups available for selection –

Ayce Cordy, Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Hill, Andew Hooper, Christian Howard, Liam Jones, Thomas Liberatore, Matthew Panos, Daniel Pearce, Fletcher Roberts, Jordan Roughead, Clay Smith, Michael Talia, Jason Tutt, Mitchell Wallis.

Rookie's – Tom Campbell - (elevated), Alex Greenwood, Jason Johannisen, Lin Jong, Jack Redpath.
* Mark Austin - (elevated) (23yo – if elevated he’s not eligible for pup selection due to pup cut-off age)

Need to know more - The history of the WOOF Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=10461)

bulldogsman
21-07-2012, 11:38 PM
4. Dahlhaus
3. Griffen
2. Picken
1. Libba

2. Dahlhaus
1. Libba

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Marmo

4. Minson - absolutely dominant, but none of our midfielders could take advantage
3. Lake - 11 marks tonight and looked switched on tonight.
2. Dahlhaus - 4 goals -
1. Picken - sneaks in due to his 13 tackles, battled hard, but Murphy still eventually won the battle as the match wore on and Carlton got on top.

James
2. Dahlhaus
1. Tutt

I just couldn't find any votes for our midfield (apart from Picken) as that's where the game was lost as we failed to gain any ascendency from the dominance of Minson in the ruck. Griffen and Boyd were influential early, but none of our midfield fired a shot after half time.

Bumper Bulldogs
21-07-2012, 11:49 PM
4 - Dahlhaus
3 - Griffen
2 - Wallis
1 - Libba

2 - Dahlhaus
1 - Wallis

bulldogsman
22-07-2012, 12:03 AM
MarmoI just couldn't find any votes for our midfield (apart from Picken) as that's where the game was lost as we failed to gain any ascendency from the dominance of Minson in the ruck. Griffen and Boyd were influential early, but none of our midfield fired a shot after half time.

This is just my opinion, I thought Minson's tap work was poor and quite a few of his taps gave Carlton some space to run on to which ended in a score/inside 50 to them. This is why I didn't give him any votes.

I agree the midfield could have done better though.

Remi Moses
22-07-2012, 12:13 AM
4. Dahlhaus
3. Picken
2. Libba
1. Griff( he has to kick those running goals, not good enough:(

2. Dahlhaus
1. Libba

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-07-2012, 12:17 AM
This is just my opinion, I thought Minson's tap work was poor and quite a few of his taps gave Carlton some space to run on to which ended in a score/inside 50 to them. This is why I didn't give him any votes.

I agree the midfield could have done better though.

Fair enough, I thought our guys repeatedly did a very poor job after the first quarter of positioning themselves. In the first quarter Griffen especially was able to get free, but the Carlton coaching box responded and were very effective in not allowing Griffen and Boyd to get to the tap, and Libba and Wallis in particular were very poor in not blocking their opponents. I thought Minson did his part, and did it very well.
McCartney post game also made the same point about our midfielders not anticipating and reading the play and not blocking for each other. My immediate thought was that this is probably because he has repeatedly told them to focus entirely on cracking in. It's a bit hard for our midfielders to both focus solely on cracking in as well as lay blocks for a teammate.

westbulldog
22-07-2012, 12:27 AM
4. Dalhaus
3. MInson
2. Griffin
1. Lake

2. Dalhaus
1. Libba

bornadog
22-07-2012, 12:29 AM
4. Minson
3. Dahl
2. Griffin
1. Lake

2. Dahl
1. Libba

bulldogsman
22-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Fair enough, I thought our guys repeatedly did a very poor job after the first quarter of positioning themselves. In the first quarter Griffen especially was able to get free, but the Carlton coaching box responded and were very effective in not allowing Griffen and Boyd to get to the tap, and Libba and Wallis in particular were very poor in not blocking their opponents. I thought Minson did his part, and did it very well.
McCartney post game also made the same point about our midfielders not anticipating and reading the play and not blocking for each other. My immediate thought was that this is probably because he has repeatedly told them to focus entirely on cracking in. It's a bit hard for our midfielders to both focus solely on cracking in as well as lay blocks for a teammate.

Perhaps I am a little harsh on Minson then, my expectations were pretty high this game given who he was up against.

Sedat
22-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Marmo:

4. Cross - The forgotten man on woof. Was excellent yet again tonight.
3. Griffen
2. Dahlhaus
1. Minson

James

2. Dahlhaus
1. Liberatore

G-Mo77
22-07-2012, 01:13 AM
4. Minson
3. Dahlhaus
2. Picken
1. Griffen

2. Dahlhaus
1. Wallis

AndrewP6
22-07-2012, 01:13 AM
4. Minson
3. Dahlhaus
2. Picken
1. Griffen

2. Dahlhaus
1. Wallis

This for me too.

jazzadogs
22-07-2012, 01:40 AM
4 Griffen. Only Scotland ahead of him on the ground tonight.
3 Cross
2 Dahlhaus
1 Lake

2 Dahlhaus
1 Wallis

Like others, I was disappointed with the quality of Will's hit-outs. Quite a few smacks forward which didn't seem to be communicated to our players, and numerous others that landed in Carlton hands. Might have been to do with midfield positioning, hard to tell from level 1.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Perhaps I am a little harsh on Minson then, my expectations were pretty high this game given who he was up against.

No I don't think so, I with you Bulldogsman. For a more experienced guy that got his strength I was very disappointed that he didn't push forward a Koch goals, nor did he burn him around the ground.

He did play OK and I tossed up giving him one vote but favored Libba as I thought he gave us a lot mor around the ground.

Appoligise to Cross who I thought put his body on the line and save are butts quite a few times.

KT31
22-07-2012, 10:25 AM
4 - Griffen
3 - Lake
2 - Dahlhaus
1 - Picken

2 - Dahlhaus
1 - Wallis

always right
22-07-2012, 11:02 AM
4. Cross......seriously under-rated on this board. Was great last night and has had a very good season.
3. Dahlhaus.......his best game of the year
2. Lake......another strong game and held a brittle back line together
1. Griffen......worth a single vote but no longer the attacking weapon he once was. Just doesn't hurt teams anymore with disposal or take the opposition on. Appears to have gone into his shell.

F'scary
22-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I have refrained from voting previously because I catch it on the radio only generally while looking after children. But last night got a full match radio & TV! So...

4. Lake (he really is back to best form)
3. Dahlhaus (clear winner against his opponent/s and dangerous deep in the forward line)
2. Minson (we knew they had a 1st game ruckman only and Minson really killed him as he should have)
1. Williams (some hope for the future of our forward line with him in it).

2. Dahlhaus
1. Wallis (still can't work out why he was dropped after round 1 for about 3 matches if I recall correctly but I've now got a string of question marks after a number of the coaching decisions this year, this is just one more).

AndrewP6
22-07-2012, 01:26 PM
4. Cross......seriously under-rated on this board. Was great last night and has had a very good season.
3. Dahlhaus.......his best game of the year
2. Lake......another strong game and held a brittle back line together
1. Griffen......worth a single vote but no longer the attacking weapon he once was. Just doesn't hurt teams anymore with disposal or take the opposition on. Appears to have gone into his shell.

That's harsh IMO. Without Cooney (or without Cooney contributing as he once could), Griff is having to shoulder much of the load around the ball. For mine, he gives everything.

always right
22-07-2012, 05:37 PM
That's harsh IMO. Without Cooney (or without Cooney contributing as he once could), Griff is having to shoulder much of the load around the ball. For mine, he gives everything.

I'm not questioning his effort.....but he rarely takes the game on nowadays even when he is in space. There were some good signs early in last night's game but he is quite easily tagged out of games. As you say...he probably suffers from carrying the load now that Cooney is not the payer he was. He's certainly not our greatest problem..we simply don't have enough like him.

SlimPickens
22-07-2012, 07:47 PM
4- Dahl
3- Minson
2- Cross
1- Lake

2-Dahl
1- Libba

LostDoggy
22-07-2012, 09:51 PM
4. Luke Dahlhaus - his enthusiasm and energy are very uplifting.
3. Ryan Griffen - he seemed to play up forward most of the game last night with only a few stints in the centre.
2. Liam Picken - never ever stops trying to stop his opponent and get the ball for us.
1. Daniel Cross - does some great things like filling in gaps and taking marks, but then often dithers before disposing of the ball, unfortunately.

2. Luke Dahlhaus
1. Jarad Grant - thought he did some great run downs and tackles

GVGjr
22-07-2012, 10:03 PM
2. Luke Dahlhaus
1. Jarad Grant - thought he did some great run downs and tackles

Check the list in the opening post, I don't believe Grant is a James candidate.

Ozza
23-07-2012, 09:55 AM
4. Dahlhaus
3. Griffen
2. Cross
1. Lake

2. Dahl
1. Wallis

dadsgirl16
23-07-2012, 12:18 PM
4.Dahl
3.Lake