PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Garlick/Fantasia/Macca/Macca - Sign Minson Now

bornadog
22-07-2012, 12:59 PM
If we don't sign Will up and he leaves, I will personally start up a campaign to oust the Board. I am sick and tired as a Bulldog supporter losing some great players over the years. Minson is our only ruckman that can compete at the highest level, the rest are all babies with potential but won't be there for at least another two to three years.

I would give him a three year contract.

GVGjr
22-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree but I hope Minson wants to stay with us as much as we should want to keep him.

Your thread title might be missing another Macca. ;)

Eastdog
22-07-2012, 01:03 PM
If they don't offer Minson a new contract it will be disappointing as he is an experienced player which is important to guide the inexperienced youngsters. If he doesn't get offered a new contract do you reckon bornadog we should go for Macintosh from North Melbourne for a ruck man.

bornadog
22-07-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree but I hope Minson wants to stay with us as much as we should want to keep him.

Your thread title might be missing another Macca. ;)

Changed:D

mjp
22-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Would we really be that much worse off without him?

G-Mo77
22-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Probably not. I don't want to lose Will either but 4 doesn't go into 1 or 1.5. If we keep Will on can we afford to keep all of Roughead, Cordy and Campbell and more importantly would they want to stay if they're played so sparingly?

Desipura
22-07-2012, 06:52 PM

No MJP and that's my point. I'm ok if we offer him another contract, let's noy pay overs for him.
After the year is out his rating as a player will be at the highest it has ever been.

bornadog
22-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Yes we would.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes we would.

How, he had 54 hit outs last night and what was our clearance rate?

Ghost Dog
22-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Will is a vital player and does not take a step backwards. I mirror the sentiment of this thread. If we lose him, I will be on the warpath.

LostDoggy
22-07-2012, 07:24 PM
54 hit outs with 30% that went to advantage compared to 19 Carlton team hit outs at 11%.
5 kicks 11 handballs 2 marks 7 contested possessions, 9 uncontested 4 clearances. 2 inside 50s 1 tackle 2 intercept possessions 2 critical errors 1 free for and 1 against

Pointing out the obvious saying I don't think we lost the game because of him.
ATM Campbell can't ruck 2 quarters let alone 4.
I haven't seen Roughead get anywhere near those figures yet.

Pretty clear cut not having him is a huge hole to fill.
But I guess when you want him out for the last 5 years it isn't

The Underdog
22-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Will is a vital player and does not take a step backwards. I mirror the sentiment of this thread. If we lose him, I will be on the warpath.

Vital because of what he does on the field or for us taking a stand off of it.

I like Will but I'm not sure if we lost him it'd be catastrophic from an on field perspective. Certainly less so than losing Ward and Harbrow.

GVGjr
22-07-2012, 07:31 PM

So you think Roughead and Campbell will be better? I
I think Will is worth more to us than whatever compensation pick the AFL would send our way.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 07:36 PM
54 hit outs with 30% that went to advantage compared to 19 Carlton team hit outs at 11%.
5 kicks 11 handballs 2 marks 7 contested possessions, 9 uncontested 4 clearances. 2 inside 50s 1 tackle 2 intercept possessions 2 critical errors 1 free for and 1 against

Pointing out the obvious saying I don't think we lost the game because of him.
ATM Campbell can't ruck 2 quarters let alone 4.
I haven't seen Roughead get anywhere near those figures yet.

Pretty clear cut not having him is a huge hole to fill.
But I guess when you want him out for the last 5 years it isn't

MJP does not believe we would be that much worse off either, fair to say I agree with him.
I wanted you out the last 5 years, does not necessarily mean it is going to happen. :D

Desipura
22-07-2012, 07:39 PM
So you think Roughead and Campbell will be better? I
I think Will is worth more to us than whatever compensation pick the AFL would send our way.

How can you say that when you do not know what the compensation is going to be? If we rate him, we will offer him a decent contract, if someone rates him higher they will offer him more.
As a result, our compensation as I understand it should be in line with the best offer.

LostDoggy
22-07-2012, 07:45 PM
MJP does not believe we would be that much worse off either, fair to say I agree with him.
I wanted you out the last 5 years, does not necessarily mean it is going to happen. :D
Sorry I know MJP too and remember him telling me he was never made one wrong call ever.
A suppose a bit like Chris Grant couldn't possibly ever make a wrong call either.

Without me no one replies to you.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Sorry I know MJP too and remember him telling me he was never made one wrong call ever.
A suppose a bit like Chris Grant couldn't possibly ever make a wrong call either.

Without me no one replies to you.
You are not as significant as you make out to be. You give your own opinion and claim them to be fact, that sounds to me like someone who is looking for a reaction or perhaps wants to be relevant. Minson has had a very good season although will never become the A grade ruckman that you are pinning your hopes on.

LostDoggy
22-07-2012, 08:00 PM
You are not as significant as you make out to be. You give your own opinion and claim them to be fact, that sounds to me like someone who is looking for a reaction or perhaps wants to be relevant. Minson has had a very good season although will never become the A grade ruckman that you are pinning your hopes on.

? You asked for stats and I gave them to you, your choice to ignore them.
Twice today you have backed up your opinion with someone else that 'must be right'.

GVGjr
22-07-2012, 08:16 PM
How can you say that when you do not know what the compensation is going to be? If we rate him, we will offer him a decent contract, if someone rates him higher they will offer him more.
As a result, our compensation as I understand it should be in line with the best offer.

Don't we need to consider that before we wish him on his way? I'd like to get something decent for the investment we have made in him especially now that his form is so good.

With Campbell at the VFL he gets a lot of hit outs but I wouldn't say he has a high level of efficiency with them. I'm not confident he has the mobility either. Happy to be proven wrong.
Roughead should be OK but I question if he is ready to be the number one guy for a full season.
Cordy has improved but what can he offer us as even as a support ruckman?

I guess I'm not comfortable that we don't have a control with this and I think covering Minson won't be easy.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 08:37 PM
? You asked for stats and I gave them to you, your choice to ignore them.
Twice today you have backed up your opinion with someone else that 'must be right'.

If you had answered my question instead of plucking stats to support your own argument, I would have responded.
What was our clearance rate? A simple question I would have thought.

Remi Moses
22-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Is Will going to be there when we rise up the ladder?
If he wants overs after one good season then he might be gone!
Are we going to get worse without Will?
It's going to be painful with or without him for a few years.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Don't we need to consider that before we wish him on his way? I'd like to get something decent for the investment we have made in him especially now that his form is so good.

With Campbell at the VFL he gets a lot of hit outs but I wouldn't say he has a high level of efficiency with them. I'm not confident he has the mobility either. Happy to be proven wrong.
Roughead should be OK but I question if he is ready to be the number one guy for a full season.
Cordy has improved but what can he offer us as even as a support ruckman?

I guess I'm not comfortable that we don't have a control with this and I think covering Minson won't be easy.

As stated previously, happy to offer a decent contract without paying overs.

LostDoggy
22-07-2012, 08:46 PM
If you had answered my question instead of plucking stats to support your own argument, I would have responded.

What is magical stat clearance rate? Never heard it mentioned by anyone but you.
If 30 % of his 54 taps went to advantage that's 16 or so. Who knows how many of those were clearances? Not sure its all his responsibility from that point anyway.
He had 4 clearances himself.
We had 39 total clearances, 5 more than Carlton.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Even our coach was clear that the reason we didn't capitalise on Will's dominance had more to do with poor efforts in not blocking and a lack of anticipation by some of our young midfielders.
In the first quarter Boyd and Griffen were getting plenty of Will's tap work, once Carlton's midfielders put more attention into these two at quarter time and others weren't able to help them out by blocking or by moving into better position themselves Carlton started sharking his tap outs with regularity.

Topdog
22-07-2012, 08:55 PM
We wont be much worse off because we are already in the bottom 5 teams in the comp. With GC and GWS being so damned awful we really can only go 2 spots down.

bornadog
22-07-2012, 08:58 PM

We won the clearnaces.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 09:00 PM
What is magical stat clearance rate? Never heard it mentioned by anyone but you.
If 30 % of his 54 taps went to advantage that's 16 or so. Who knows how many of those were clearances? Not sure its all his responsibility from that point anyway.
He had 4 clearances himself.
We had 39 total clearances, 5 more than Carlton.

Thanks for the healthy debate. Chops. I don't really rate hit outs to advantage unless we get the ball out of the centre.

bornadog
22-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Utter madness that we would want to let go a bigman. We all know it takes a tall alot longer to mature and when Will hits his peak you want to get rid of him. I don't understand this and I think you are on the wrong path with this one.

Will is now ranked number two for total hitouts and thats with one less game than Sam Jacob from Adelaide.

Desipura
22-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Utter madness that we would want to let go a bigman. We all know it takes a tall alot longer to mature and when Will hits his peak you want to get rid of him. I don't understand this and I think you are on the wrong path with this one.

Will is now ranked number two for total hitouts and thats with one less game than Sam Jacob from Adelaide.

We are all entitled to our opinion. All will be revealed from now until October 31st.

LostDoggy
22-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the healthy debate. Chops. I don't really rate hit outs to advantage unless we get the ball out of the centre.

What are you looking for then?
If he gets the hit advantage then that's as much as he can do unless he gets the clearance himself.

mjp
22-07-2012, 09:36 PM
The club needs to make a call here - pay Minson what the market demands or go with Roughead. He is a free agent.

My point is that no-matter who we had in the ruck this year, we probably wouldn't have won any more games (or lost any more!). We are what we are. Unless we snare an effective forward in free agency/trade period, we wont be any better next year...

Is a trade of Minson for Dawes (yep - I know he is going ordinary atm) something worth thinking about?

SonofScray
22-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I hope he stays and is given more leadership opportunities.

Hotdog60
22-07-2012, 09:43 PM
It's at this point in time ones has to laugh at the GC Suns for taking Josh Fraser over Will.

Eastdog
22-07-2012, 09:54 PM
The club needs to make a call here - pay Minson what the market demands or go with Roughead. He is a free agent.

My point is that no-matter who we had in the ruck this year, we probably wouldn't have won any more games (or lost any more!). We are what we are. Unless we snare an effective forward in free agency/trade period, we wont be any better next year...

Is a trade of Minson for Dawes (yep - I know he is going ordinary atm) something worth thinking about?

I was thinking maybe getting Macintosh from North Melbourne.

SlimPickens
22-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I was thinking maybe getting Macintosh from North Melbourne.

You've said that a couple of times and it doesn't make much sense to me. Care to elaborate?

Desipura
22-07-2012, 10:06 PM

I'm not too sure Dawes is ever going to be a player. But yes, you would think the pies would be open to a trade like that.

bornadog
22-07-2012, 11:57 PM

Thats not the point, I am thinking about the next few years. Also, no thanks on Dawes.

Sedat
23-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Is Will going to be there when we rise up the ladder?No reason why not. Ben Hudson is still holding his own at this level and he is 6 years older than Minson.

immortalmike
23-07-2012, 01:01 AM

If Dawes is struggling with Swan, Beams, Pendles, Daisy etc, kicking to him, what makes you think he'd even get a kick in our side?

No reason why not. Ben Hudson is still holding his own at this level and he is 6 years older than Minson.

And the fact is Will has been relatively injury free for most of his career. I'm still worried about those scars on Roughie and Ayce's shoulders...

G-Mo77
23-07-2012, 01:11 AM
It's at this point in time ones has to laugh at the GC Suns for taking Josh Fraser over Will.

Lost amongst the argument. Deserves to be quoted. :D

bulldogsman
23-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Just sign him up, I don't wanna lose him for virtually nothing.

DragzLS1
23-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Sign Minson up asap for atleast another 2 years possibly 3 :)

The Pie Man
23-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Lost amongst the argument. Deserves to be quoted. :D

Agree - was thinking at least we get to have this discussion with him still here. What a mare of a call from GC.

Mantis
23-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Agree - was thinking at least we get to have this discussion with him still here. What a mare of a call from GC.

Nope.

What a mare of a call by Guy McKenna.

The Pie Man
23-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Nope.

What a mare of a call by Guy McKenna.

Beyond odd of him to make that call - putting Fraser's knee problems to the side, they've drafted kids as physically imposing as him already. You'd think Minson would've been perfect for their emerging but still slight midfield.

G-Mo77
23-07-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't want to lose Will either but 4 doesn't go into 1 or 1.5. If we keep Will on can we afford to keep all of Roughead, Cordy and Campbell and more importantly would they want to stay if they're played so sparingly?

Another question lost in the argument so I'll repost it.

Thoughts?

1eyedog
23-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Can't really see what he will offer us over the next 2-3 years. I think he has reached his potential, maybe I'm wrong but we won't win a flag in that time so I'm not fussed either way, we'll just play Campbell and develop him like we are the rest of our big men.

Dancin' Douggy
23-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't want to lose Will either but 4 doesn't go into 1 or 1.5. If we keep Will on can we afford to keep all of Roughead, Cordy and Campbell and more importantly would they want to stay if they're played so sparingly?

Another question lost in the argument so I'll repost it.

Thoughts?

Maybe trade Roughhead, he's probably got the most currency.

Can't see the point in trading Minson, and then having 3 young ruckmen all coming through together.

chef
23-07-2012, 04:05 PM
We can't trade Will anyway as he's a FA.

Dancin' Douggy
23-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Of course. Well I'm in the 'SIGN HIM UP ASAP' camp. Not for trade leverage but to keep him.

Ozza
23-07-2012, 04:40 PM
A football club called Carlton had 'too many' good ruckmen about 2 years ago. There wasn't enough room for Jacobs, as well as Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock - so they traded out Jacobs.

On the weekend - they had to debut a bloke, because of injury - and prior to this had form issues with all of the regular three.

My point is, footy changes pretty quickly. Clubs get injuries. Its taken Will 10 years to take the number 1 ruck spot. There's no guarantee's that Roughead makes it, Cordy may never be a ruckman - and Campbell has played 2 games and has a truckload of work to put in and improvement to get out of himself before he can be considered an AFL ruckman. And if they don't make it....then we have to start again. So we either end up trading in a ruckman at a premium - or go through years and years of under-developed ruck stocks.

The Minson debate is an absolute no-brainer.

chef
23-07-2012, 04:55 PM
A football club called Carlton had 'too many' good ruckmen about 2 years ago. There wasn't enough room for Jacobs, as well as Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock - so they traded out Jacobs.

On the weekend - they had to debut a bloke, because of injury - and prior to this had form issues with all of the regular three.

My point is, footy changes pretty quickly. Clubs get injuries. Its taken Will 10 years to take the number 1 ruck spot. There's no guarantee's that Roughead makes it, Cordy may never be a ruckman - and Campbell has played 2 games and has a truckload of work to put in and improvement to get out of himself before he can be considered an AFL ruckman. And if they don't make it....then we have to start again. So we either end up trading in a ruckman at a premium - or go through years and years of under-developed ruck stocks.

The Minson debate is an absolute no-brainer.

Jacobs quit to go home to SA, Carlton would have kept him if they could.

bornadog
23-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Jacobs quit to go home to SA, Carlton would have kept him if they could.

Now he is the number one ruck based on total hitouts:D

mjp
23-07-2012, 05:52 PM

...don't worry, the story has a happy ending as even with a rookie ruckman with just one game in the VFL all year, they still WON.

This is anything but a no-brainer and careful thought is required.

anfo27
23-07-2012, 06:28 PM

can't we sign him & then trade him?

Bulldog Joe
23-07-2012, 06:30 PM
...don't worry, the story has a happy ending as even with a rookie ruckman with just one game in the VFL all year, they still WON.
This is anything but a no-brainer and careful thought is required.

That is surely an indictment on the overall Bulldog performance, rather than an endorsement of inexperienced rucks.

Luckily we are playing only finals contenders from now on as the losses will not be highlighted like they would if we came up against any of our fellow cellar dwellers.

chef
23-07-2012, 06:46 PM

Yes, but i don't like the idea.

anfo27
23-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes, but i don't like the idea.

If we are going to lose him then that would be the only way we would get anything of value for him.

Desipura
23-07-2012, 07:31 PM

In short, no. If we sign him, he cannot be traded within the first year of his contract.
We can offer him a contract and if another team offers Will a better contract, he can choose to go to that club as a free agent.
The Afl would then determine what compensation we get.

chef
23-07-2012, 07:39 PM
In short, no. If we sign him, he cannot be traded within the first year of his contract.We can offer him a contract and if another team offers Will a better contract, he can choose to go to that club as a free agent.
The Afl would then determine what compensation we get.

That's not the case anymore, it was mentioned by GW on 360 in regards to Warnock. You can now be traded after signing a contract.

KT31
23-07-2012, 07:53 PM
I have a better idea, why don't the three of them sign Minson and then stand aside !!!

Desipura
23-07-2012, 08:04 PM
That's not the case anymore, it was mentioned by GW on 360 in regards to Warnock. You can now be traded after signing a contract.

Thanks Chef, that obviously was brought in this year.

Remi Moses
23-07-2012, 08:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing last night.
Good old Scott Clayton:)

Bulldog Joe
23-07-2012, 09:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing last night.
Good old Scott Clayton:)
My understanding is that it was Clayton who wanted Will, but McKenna stepped in to help his mate Mick by taking a player Collingwood was going to delist and give them Andrew Krakouer for the privelege.

LostDoggy
23-07-2012, 09:24 PM
My understanding is that it was Clayton who wanted Will, but McKenna stepped in to help his mate Mick by taking a player Collingwood was going to delist and give them Andrew Krakouer for the privelege.

Correct. Well the first part :)

Maddog37
13-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Bump.

Has he signed yet?

strebla
14-08-2012, 03:29 AM
I love the big fella but believe he won't be around when we are next challenging.not against giving him the chance to play in flag for another side

stefoid
14-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Sign him and keep him are two different things. I say sign him up definitely and keep him maybe.

If we sign him, then he agrees to a trade then whatever we get in trade we can use this year, and its likely to be more than some compo pick from the AFL.

We dont have to play cambell in the seniors just yet. He has been a rookie for 1 year, and if he plays out another year on the list for williamstown or our own reserves side, then fine. He has many years to go yet. Very handy backup player right now.

Ayce we play forward and Roughead can spend another year or so in and out of the team playing in a variety of positions and just developing.

I think we are so used to having no ruck stocks that the minute we get three guys capable of playing ruck we start to panic and want to push the best one out?

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Sign him and keep him are two different things. I say sign him up definitely and keep him maybe.

If we sign him, then he agrees to a trade then whatever we get in trade we can use this year, and its likely to be more than some compo pick from the AFL.

So you are saying we should try to screw him?
Tell him we want him, sign him then say nah we changed our mind and sell him.
Not only is it bastard act but the likelihood of it happening 1000-1.

Maddog37
14-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Starting to seem a bit strange to me that he has not signed. Gold Coast anyone?

G-Mo77
14-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Starting to seem a bit strange to me that he has not signed. Gold Coast anyone?

Sadly anyone can sign him.

I read an article a while ago which said he was close to signing up. I can't remember how long ago it was though, I'm guessing around 4 - 6 weeks ago, somewhere in that timeframe. It's a concern that nothing has been said since.

always right
14-08-2012, 10:41 AM

If we do this, no-one should ever criticise Callan Ward again for the decision he made.

stefoid
14-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Did my entire post give that impression? Like I said, Im not panicking because we have 3 or 4 ruck capable players on the entire list. Im fine with that. It means we dont have to draft any more for a while.

So sign him up.

However thats not going to stop potential suitors come sniffing, and if they make Wil an offer he cant refuse, then we have some leverage.

stefoid
14-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Our ruck stocks:

Cambell is a rookie whos been here 12 months. Put him on the main list and play him in the magoos for another year or two. So what? He is at the start of a potentially long career and has a lot to learn and fitness to gain. If he turns out to be good, then he can take over from Wil in a few years.

Ayce seems to be a classic "forward who can pinch hit in the ruck" - perfect for modern footy.

Roughead could be anything - he obviously has lots of talent and lots of development in front of him, and seems to be the most versatile of our big men. He will be in and out of the side for a year or two Im sure. Again, so what? Also young and at the start of a long career, fingers crossed.

Give them all 2 years and if we do end up having too many talented rucks, then great! Let other ruck-poor clubs come begging to us at the trade table.

but letting Wilbur drift away for peanuts now? uh-uh.

azabob
14-08-2012, 11:34 AM

?

Did my entire post give that impression? Like I said, Im not panicking because we have 3 or 4 ruck capable players on the entire list. Im fine with that. It means we dont have to draft any more for a while.

So sign him up.

However thats not going to stop potential suitors come sniffing, and if they make Wil an offer he cant refuse, then we have some leverage.

Yes your opening line suggested we sign him, then trade him.

bornadog
14-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't understand why there are some posters wanting to let Minson go. Arguably Minson is now the number one ruck in the AFL and in all Australian form. He sits second to Maric in hitouts by 15, but Maric has more game time than Will, but on the other hand Will's clearance rate is better than Maric (58 to 54). He won't get All Australian, that will go to Cox as we are losing and unfashionable.

At 27 years of age he is at least another 4 years to give us. Based on arguments that we should get rid of him while he has currency, then we should have got rid of Teddy Whitten, Doug Hawkins, Chris Grant (mid 90's) and many more when they were at their peak, but the team wasn't playing finals.

Maddog37
14-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I am not saying we should or should not get rid of him. I just find it more and more suspect the longer we go without signing him.

Desipura
14-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't understand why there are some posters wanting to let Minson go. Arguably Minson is now the number one ruck in the AFL and in all Australian form. He sits second to Maric in hitouts by 15, but Maric has more game time than Will, but on the other hand Will's clearance rate is better than Maric (58 to 54). He won't get All Australian, that will go to Cox as we are losing and unfashionable.

At 27 years of age he is at least another 4 years to give us. Based on arguments that we should get rid of him while he has currency, then we should have got rid of Teddy Whitten, Doug Hawkins, Chris Grant (mid 90's) and many more when they were at their peak, but the team wasn't playing finals.

How do you know he has at least 4 years left in him? Not too many 31yo ruckman are running around. Huddo started playing the game late and he is on his last legs.

BulldogBelle
14-08-2012, 02:05 PM
How do you know he has at least 4 years left in him? Not too many 31yo ruckman are running around. Huddo started playing the game late and he is on his last legs.

You don't want to keep him because he might slow down at 31? Dean Cox is still elite at 31 years of age.

He's entering his prime people, losing him now will be simply wasting all those years of development. And the opportunity to have developed another. Nothing more, nothing less.

Desipura
14-08-2012, 02:37 PM
You don't want to keep him because he might slow down at 31? Dean Cox is still elite at 31 years of age.

He's entering his prime people, losing him now will be simply wasting all those years of development. And the opportunity to have developed another. Nothing more, nothing less.
Im arguing the point there are no guarantees that he will be playing in his 30's. There are exceptions to almost every rule.

stefoid
14-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes your opening line suggested we sign him, then trade him.

The summary is:
keeping him = good.
having him signed and a trade happens = not the worst thing
having him walk as an unsigned player = taking it up the clacker (again)

Mofra
14-08-2012, 03:17 PM

Ruckman tend to play a little later than other players - Minson is clearly our no 1 ruck and I want him kept.

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 03:25 PM

100% agree Chops. Why would we do that to him? We'd look like absolute tools.

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 06:20 PM
The summary is:
keeping him = good.
having him signed and a trade happens = not the worst thing
having him walk as an unsigned player = taking it up the clacker (again)

Rule out completely the second option very long shot. It's either a or c.

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 06:27 PM

So sign him up.

Any potential suitor gonna tell him to hold off from signing. Why they want to trade for him when they can get him for free and why would you try get a reasonable player thats no star and has just been signed up?

Hotdog60
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
The latest about Will:-

The Western Bulldogs are expected to keep the services of ruckman Will Minson with his manager Dan Richardson telling Gillette AFL Trade Radio that he was likely to remain at Whitten Oval.

"Will will more than likely stay," Richardson said. "At this stage he is uncontracted, but the main reason for that is he has been overseas. He is due back later this week. I just need to sit down with him and have a good discussion."

always right
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
The latest about Will:-

The Western Bulldogs are expected to keep the services of ruckman Will Minson with his manager Dan Richardson telling Gillette AFL Trade Radio that he was likely to remain at Whitten Oval.

"Will will more than likely stay," Richardson said. "At this stage he is uncontracted, but the main reason for that is he has been overseas. He is due back later this week. I just need to sit down with him and have a good discussion."

Hope it gets sorted soon. Not only our best ruckman but a major factor in the fabric of the club. I know there is a demand for us to be more ruthless when it comes to these decisions but some players mean more to a club than their basic playing ability. I think Will is one of those.

w3design
09-10-2012, 12:11 AM
He was tad coy about re-signing when I asked him Saturday night. Then again someone else asked Lake about trade week to be told, "I'm not going anywhere" so who knows?

bornadog
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149409/default.aspx)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are confident ruckman Will Minson will recommit to the club on a two-year contract extension.

Minson, 27, is an unrestricted free agent and is able to move to the club of his choosing should they present him with an appealing offer.

But the Dogs believe the experienced big man, who is currently away on holiday, will sign the two-year extension on offer that will take him to 12 seasons at Whitten Oval.

"He hasn't signed yet but he's been overseas and we put together an offer that went to his management and they were very comfortable with that," Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia told AFL.com.au.

"I don't think there's any issues; it's just a waiting game."

Fantasia said while Minson was yet to officially commit, the Dogs believed they would have been told by now if he was keen to exercise his rights as a free agent.

"I think we may have heard about that prior to now but I guess you never say never," he said.

"We're very keen to secure his services to continue that relationship and we haven't heard any different to suggest otherwise."

Following the departure of ruckman Ben Hudson at the end of last year, Minson has flourished and put in his best season to date.

However, his year was blighted by a one-match club suspension for sledging then-Port Adelaide midfielder Danyle Pearce in June.

Then in August, he fronted the tribunal where he successfully had a stomping charge against the Sydney Swans' Kieren Jack downgraded to a reprimand, which eliminated a two-match ban and left him free to face Geelong in round 22.

Minson was recruited by the Dogs with pick No. 20 overall in the 2002 NAB AFL Draft.

w3design
09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Good news

azabob
09-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Minson has signed a 2 year extention.

Good news.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/149425/default.aspx

bornadog
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Good news.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/149425/default.aspx

yes great news.

Bulldog4life
09-10-2012, 01:17 PM

Good news.

Great news.

The Underdog
09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Nice one, good to see.

LostDoggy
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Finally some good news, lets try REAL HARD to be positive fromn hereon in !

Hotdog60
09-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I wonder if our room in the cap helped with proceedings, great to have Will on-board.

KT31
09-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Great to have some good news.
Well done Dogs and Will.

whythelongface
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Wonderful news. I particular like the line “I love it here and support the direction Brendan is taking this group wholeheartedly,”. That is reassuring to the fans of the club, particularly after losing Brian yesterday.

KT31
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Wonderful news. I particular like the line “I love it here and support the direction Brendan is taking this group wholeheartedly,”. That is reassuring to the fans of the club, particularly after losing Brian yesterday.

Brian who ?:)

G-Mo77
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Terrific news now that it's official!

I wonder if our room in the cap helped with proceedings, great to have Will on-board.

Hopefully the contract is frontloaded.

LostDoggy
11-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I was chatting to a lady who was walking past my place the other night & she mentioned Storm (we have posters in the front window) which turned to St Kilda (her team) & then the Bulldogs. She said she was Will Minsons aunty & I told her I was very happy he'd re-signed. She will pass onto him when she sees him that some random Bulldogs supporter was very pleased. :D

KT31
11-10-2012, 12:58 PM
I was chatting to a lady who was walking past my place the other night & she mentioned Storm (we have posters in the front window) which turned to St Kilda (her team) & then the Bulldogs. She said she was Will Minsons aunty & I told her I was very happy he'd re-signed. She will pass onto him when she sees him that some random Bulldogs supporter was very pleased. :D

Been a big couple of weeks for you Suz.:)