PDA

View Full Version : East-West Club’s annual Legends and Young Guns dinner

bornadog
24-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Thursday 26th July, 2012, at the Mulgrave Country Club from 7.00pm.

With Coach McCartney, President David Smorgon and Board director Dr Susan Alberti as guest speakers, the event celebrating the past, present and future of the Bulldogs is one not to be missed.

2012 Debutants Clay Smith, Daniel Pearce, Tory Dickson, Mark Austin and Tom Campbell, will be joined by recruits Michael Talia and Lin Jong to represent the Young Guns of the red, white and blue.

Recently inducted Footscray-Western Bulldogs Hall of Fame Legend John Schultz will be inattendance, Harvey Stephens and Matthew Croft.

Kevin Hillier will also host the event.

Enjoy a three course dinner with drinks at bar prices and an evening of entertainment for just $60.

Anyone going to this?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Is there going to be a Trainers Night this year?

KT31
25-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Why Mulgrave ?
Didn't we just spend a fortune doing up our function facilities ?

bornadog
25-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Why Mulgrave ?
Didn't we just spend a fortune doing up our function facilities ?

This is the East/west Club's function.

Ghost Dog
25-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm tempted. Pity it's not in the west.

KT31
25-07-2012, 10:31 AM
This is the East/west Club's function.

Fair enough then.:o

bornadog
25-07-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm tempted. Pity it's not in the west.

EAST West Club, promoting the doggies in the Eastern suburbs.

Cyberdoggie
25-07-2012, 10:39 AM
It's a bit short notice unfortunately.
Did the club advertise this one the website at all?

bornadog
25-07-2012, 10:43 AM
It's a bit short notice unfortunately.
Did the club advertise this one the website at all?

Yes its part of the events list. If you are a member of the East/West Club there has been plenty of notice.

I have never been to one of their functions, but I think it would be a good night.

Eastdog
25-07-2012, 10:46 AM
EAST West Club, promoting the doggies in the Eastern suburbs.

It's great what the East West Club do in promoting the Bulldogs in the Eastern Suburbs. It's great for Bulldogs fans in the Eastern Suburbs (such as myself) to go to events like the annual East Meets West Family Day for a training session and meet and greet of the playing group.

Cyberdoggie
25-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Not a member as such but have to been east/west functions both at wesley and Mulgrave CC.

They do an excellent job i must admit.

KT31
25-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Not a member as such but have to been east/west functions both at wesley and Mulgrave CC.

They do an excellent job i must admit.

:confused:

bornadog
25-07-2012, 06:40 PM
:confused:

He means paid up member of East West Club.

soupman
25-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Is there an option without dinner? Might come.

Eastdog
27-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I didn't go to this last night but for any Woofers that went how was the evening.

GVGjr
28-07-2012, 09:09 PM
I've received a terrific email from a friend that went to the night. Macca's presentation was very detailed and well received by the audience. I don't have approval to post it yet but it's very focused on the development of our young squad.

Eastdog
28-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I've received a terrific email from a friend that went to the night. Macca's presentation was very detailed and well received by the audience. I don't have approval to post it yet but it's very focused on the development of our young squad.

Sounds promising.

Desipura
29-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Can u pm me? Would be interesting reading

The Pie Man
29-07-2012, 10:56 AM
My father was speaking to some freinds of his from Ferny Creek that attended - the little I can glean is that BMac apparently said we wouldn't cut too deep into the list this off season....expecting to have only 4 draft picks??

Hoping there's been some misunderstanding of what was said :o :(

chef
29-07-2012, 11:41 AM
My father was speaking to some freinds of his from Ferny Creek that attended - the little I can glean is that BMac apparently said we wouldn't cut too deep into the list this off season....expecting to have only 4 draft picks??

God help us.

OLD SCRAGGer
29-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I spoke to Brendan a couple weeks ago and he said he'll have to de-list 6 players

LostDoggy
29-07-2012, 12:24 PM
God help us.

Relax he knows what he is doing.
4 draft picks after activating the Ried compensation?

bornadog
29-07-2012, 01:37 PM
I spoke to Brendan a couple weeks ago and he said he'll have to de-list 6 players

We didn't go deep enough last year and looks like the same this year. When will our club make the hard calls?

KT31
29-07-2012, 01:55 PM

Hoping its a huge misunderstanding.:eek: